• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official HG/SS Recent Happenings Thread - [READ THE FIRST POST]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

*Murkrow

Bird trainer
Getting the Kanto badges did not take long at all! Got Surge/Erika/Janine yesterday evening and finished up the rest today. My team definitely was more suited to the Kanto leaders than the Johto ones! Sabrina was the only one who gave me a bit of trouble seeing as the only SE move I had was Ampharos's Signal Beam. I used that successfully against Espeon, but then used Lugia and Ninetales against the next two and just relied on their STAB moves. I walked away from Blue with most of my Pokémon in the yellow, but that wasn't hard, just aggravating as my moves kept failing to one shot them, even when SE :-/

Started my legend catching spree. Suicune was caught as soon as it became available, then I just finished catching the legendary birds. Suicune/Zapdos/Articuno were all easy and caught in around 8-10 Ultra Balls battle. Moltres was horrendous and took 50 Ultra Balls. I was getting ready to eat my DS; I think I got three shakes of the ball about 3-4 times. Frustrating as anything. I was hoping that I'd at least end up with a good nature as it was dealing a lot of damage to Quagsire- even with Leftovers I had to use a couple of potions....but no. Sassy. Actually, all of my legends have ended up with cruddy natures:
Suicune- Adamant
Zapdos- Jolly
Articuno- Quiet
Moltres- Sassy

I guess I am just catching them for my Pokédex.

Just hit a roadblock as well when I decided to start training my team up to face Ho-oh. I've levelled plenty of Pokémon to high levels in these games before but just realised it was always using the Lucky Egg/trade Exp. bonus. >_< I'm not up for the E4 rematches but the wild Pokémon just are not going to cut it. Luckily, I remembered that Mewtwo is available and after checking its moveset realised that if raise my Eevee into a Mean Look Umbreon as I was planning on for the beasts then I can also use her to completely wall Mewtwo. Then I can use the two of them against Ho-oh.

I've quickly raised Eevee up to L20. This is going to be painful but hopefully worth it. I also have a Jynx I need to raise in order to put the beasts to sleep. She is already L40 so hopefully she won't need to be raised too much more.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I visited the Ruins of Alph next and I captured all the Unown and I showed my completed Unown Report to the scientists. Afterwards I headed to Violet City again and I released all the Unown that I had recently captured since I no longer needed them. I headed back towards the Ruins of Alph with my special event Arceus and I activated the Sinjoh Ruins event by taking my Arceus inside the ruins themselves. I was transported to the snowy Sinjoh Ruins and I met Cynthia inside a cabin. We walked towards the Mystri Stage and I chose to stand on Palkia's circle. Arceus used its power to create a level 1 Palkia, then the event ended. I returned to the Ruins of Alph and I saved at the Violet City Pokemon Center next.

your_worst_nightmare

Pokerman Master
I recently picked up my jap soulsilver again in my quest to obtain pokemon in apricorn balls. I realized after starting up my save file that I had restarted a while back, my pokemon team is as follows.

;159; Crocconaw 21
;188; skiploom 21
;042; goldbat 22
;022; fearow 22

I decided to try my hand at battling Whitney to see if I could hack it, but it seems my pokemon just wernt strong enough for her just yet.
I ran around battleing a few trainers and managed to catch myself a lvl 12 male Nidoran ;032; I plan to keep him as a valued member of my team in my quest for completing the game and capturing what pokemon I can in apricorn balls.

Lorde

I decided to concentrate on getting the remaining event Pokemon next, so I flew over to Azalea Town and I visited the PC. I withdrew my Pikachu-Colored Pichu from there, then I headed over to the Ilex Forest to activate the Spiky-Ear Pichu event. I walked to the Ilex Forest shrine and the Pichu appeared. My Pikachu-Colored Pichu chased the Spiky-Ear Pichu around the forest, then they returned and an old man showed up. He talked about the Spiky-Ear Pichu and he told me that I could take it with me. Once I had the Spiky-Ear Pichu, I left Ilex Forest and I deposited both Pichu. I then headed over to Kurt's house and I picked up some Fast Balls. I left a few Red Apricorns with him and I saved outside of his house.

unfamiliarceilings

/u/qweligator
Went to Cianwood City to retrieve the medicine for Amphy the Ampharos. Challenged Gym Leader Chuck to a battle, which I won pretty easily with my overleveled Scyther. Flew to Olivine City to give the medicine and headed to the gym afterwards. Jasmine was stronger than I anticipated but at the same time my team was weaker than I thought. My other Pokemon were a tad underleveled and I was taken aback at how frail my Quilava was. He couldn't one shot the Magnemite so he was left with 1/4th HP after a thunder bolt. I switched in Golem to handle Steelix and Magnemite, which he both took down easily with Earthquake. Got my badge and flew to Azaela City. I changed the time on my DS to Friday and went to the bottom of Union Cave to capture the Lapras. After a few False Swipe from Scyther, I cought her with a Love Ball. Also modest nature on first try; aww yeahhhh. With that I have my 6th Pokemon.

Lorde

I battled at the Battle Arcade next with my Raikou, Golem and Magmortar. I started having some trouble while I fought the 4th trainer from the first challenge though. I managed to overcome the hurdle, but things started to get harder. I finally cleared the challenge and I got some BP afterwards. I decided that my team wasn't very good, so I swapped Magmortar for Entei and I re-challenged the Battle Arcade. The trainers from the second set were a lot tougher, but I managed to beat them thanks to Raikou mostly; particularly when I challenged the 7th trainer from the second set, I had a lot of trouble with their Chansey, but Raikou managed to help me out of that. I defeated the 7th trainer and I saved after that.

unfamiliarceilings

/u/qweligator
Arrived at Mahogany town and captured the red Gyarados at the Lake of Rage. Met dragon trainer Lance who pretty much made me do all the work in defeating Team Rocket. Challenged Pryce shortly right after and melted him with my Typhlosion and Ampharos. Took a couple of resets to beat Clair as soon as I got to Blackthorn city. Boy, is she is a crit lord; her Kingdra crit me consecutively on my first two attempts and one shot my Amparos. She never missed a Hydro Pump. Anyways, I beat her easily on my third attempt after a Charge + Discharge combo only because this time she did not crit me. Now I'm off to do her little errand at the Dragon's Den.

The horror of catching a Ho-Oh with merely four Ultra Balls. I swear I must have restarted fifteen times. Man, I was so juiced when I finally caught it. I don't think I have had as much trouble catching something as I had catching that cheeky Ho-Oh.

Last edited:

Lorde

I started a new game on SoulSilver. I quickly left my room and wandered downstairs and my mother talked to me and gave me the Pokegear. I was finally allowed to go outside and I talked to NPCs after seeing Lyra. I then entered Professor Elm's lab and he asked me if I could go to Mr. Pokemon's house to obtain something for him. I agreed and I was allowed to have a Pokemon to use on my journey. I chose Cyndaquil as my Starter and then I headed out to Mr. Pokemon's house. I got Elm's number as I headed out to Route 29, then I started to walk through the tall grass. I battled some wild Hoothoot to make Cyndaquil a little stronger, then I arrived in Cherrygrove City and got a tour of the town from an elderly man.

10th Doctor

Timelord
I just restarted HG a few days ago. I'm planning to rotate through a bunch of Pokemon to keep my team somewhat underlevelled to make the game more of a challenge. Anyway, I just beat Team Rocket at the Slowpoke Well and stopped them from cutting off SlowpokeTails. Even with my somewhat underlevelled team, Proton was still a pushover. I'm about to take on the Gym Leader of Azalea Town, Bugsy. We'll see how much of a pushover he is with his Scyther and all.

Current team:
;156; Corona Lv15
;069; Nepenthes Lv13
;060; Kain Lv14
;016; Raul Lv14

Lorde

After getting a tour of Cherrygrove City, I bought some items at the local Poke Mart and then I wandered north. The old stalker man from before stopped me just before I entered Route 30 though and he gave me the Map app for my Pokegear. I then entered Route 30 and I made my way north towards Mr. Pokemon's house. I stopped at another house along the way and I received the Apricorn Box from a man there. I picked a Green Apricorn outside, then I headed north again. I reached Mr. Pokemon's house soon and I obtained the Mystery Egg that he wanted Prof. Elm to examine. I got a Pokedex from Prof. Oak, then I got a call from Elm when I went back outside. I saved before returning to New Bark Town.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Picking up my HG after not having played it in God knows how long, I turned it on to find myself stationed in BlackThorn city. Apparently, I was about to enter the Dragons Den. to find my rival, who was training in there. After talking to him, hearing about how deep and emotional he's apparently gotten, Lance and Clair appeared to challenge us to a battle. Not wanting to team with Clair, I served as my rival (whose name is Silver) partner. The battle in itself wasn't that bad. I started off with my Kingdra, who used an Agility while Silvers Gengar was beaten to death fairly easy. After the first round, My Kingdra, who now outsped all the others, fired a Dragon Pulse at Clair and her Dragonair, OhKo-ing it. Gyarados got a critical hit and killed off Silvers Crobat. He's really useless in this battle.. Either way, sending out his Typhlosion, my Kingdra continued her rampage. Unfortunately, gyarados used Thunder Wave and Paralyzed her, crippeling her speed. she still managed to kill off Clairs Kingdra with a critical hit Dragon Pulse though, so that's nice. At this point, Gyarados is somehow KO'd as well, and Charizard is sent out. This round, a mixture of Dragonbreath and dragon Claw took out my Kingdra.. *sob*
Next on the meny was my Sneasel. At this point, Charizard had taken a lot of damage from silvers typhlosions Rollout-move. Sneasel quickly finished Charizard off with a Bite, and Lance sent out his last Pokemon. At this point, the oponents are two Dragonites. Sneasel was the faster Pokemon, and Ice Punched Lance's Dragonite in the face! OhKo'ing it. While the continous rollout almost killed off Clairs Dragonite. With as little health as Dragonite had, I had Sneasel use Bite, which killed it off, and earned us the victory of the battle.

after the battle, I remembered that I didn't really want to play HG that much, and quit the game for now.

Lorde

I sashayed out of Mr. Pokemon's house and I hurried back to New Bark Town. I encountered a mysterious Passerby Boy as I made my way into Route 29 and he requested a battle. He sent out his Totodile and I used Cyndaquil. Despite the obvious type disadvantage, I won the battle. The boy left and I continued running through Route 29. I reached New Bark Town eventually and I entered Professor Elm's lab. He talked about how someone had stolen Totodile from his lab and then I was asked to identify the suspect after Lyra came to defend me. I left the lab after showing Professor Elm the Mystery Egg and I talked to my mom. I then headed out to Route 29 again and Lyra showed me how to capture Pokemon.

10th Doctor

Timelord
After a long, difficult battle I finally defeated Bugsy. The battle honestly surprised me because, though I was admittedly underlevelled, I thought my type matchups would be good enough. Scyther took out Pidgey, Poliwag, and Bellsprout, but Quilava finished it off, crippling it with a lucky Ember that burned it and thus cut its Attack stat. I received the Hive Badge and went on my way. I encountered my rival on my way out of Azalea Town, and soundly defeated him before heading through Ilex Forest. During the trip, Poliwag learned Headbutt and used it to catch me a Pineco (Nuke). I backtracked, added Pineco to my team, and headed through the forest. After leaving, I fought a few trainers outside the place and saved.

Oh, and my eggs from Primo and Mr. Pokemon hatched into a Slugma and a Togepi, respectively.

Current team:
;156; Corona Lv18
;060; Kain Lv16
;016; Raul Lv15
;069; Nepenthes Lv14
;204; Nuke Lv7
;019; Rattata Lv8 (HM slave)

Lorde

After watching Lyra's tutorial, I encountered a wild Pidgey and Sentret and captured them. I then went back to Cherrygrove City and I battled wild Pokemon along the way. I picked a Green Apricorn, then I healed at the Cherrygrove City PC when I arrived. I then walked to Route 30 and I strutted north. I trained my Cyndaquil and Pidgey along the way and I eventually met several trainers. I participated in some battles against them and then I made my way further north until I reached a tree that could be cut down. I didn't have the Cut HM though, so I had to go around. I walked into Dark Cave and I captured a wild Geodude there. I then headed back out to Route 30 and I saved after picking a Black Apricorn.

Drummerdude

I started over HeartGold over the weekend but was unable to make any updates so I'm gonna give the brief synopsis of the journey so far.

I chose Chikorita as my starter seeing as it had been awhile since I used it and made my way to Violet City where I captured my second team member, a Gastly. I also captured a Bellsprout and traded it for Onix which is my third team member. After completing the Sprout Tower I challenged Falkner and won despite Onix disobeying me. I got the egg from Elm's aid and hatched into Togepi, my fourth team member. Next I went down to Azalea City and saved some Slowpoke and also beat Bugsy easily thanks to Onix. I beat my rival and got through the Ilex Forest and on route to Goldenrod City Chikorita evolved into Bayleef! Whitney wasn't too difficult thanks to Bayleef getting off Poison Powder twice and slowing knocking out Miltank. I continued on to Ecruteak where Togepi finally evolved! Morty went down no sweat with Togetic and Gastly doing most of the work. I chose to run east towards Mahogany Town and then towards the Lake of Rage. Gastly evolved prior to encountering the Red Gyarados. I captured the Gyarados and made it team member number 5! Lance then informed me of a strange signal so he and I made haste to Mahogany and crushed Team Rocket in their hideout.

153.png
Lv27
093.png
Lv27
095.png
Lv28
176.png
Lv28
130.png
Lv30

Lorde

After slaying the Sages at the top of the Sprout Tower, I saw my rival. He left and I challenged the Elder as well and I got the Flash TM afterwards. I used an Escape Rope to leave the tower, then I healed my Pokemon at the Violet City PC. I walked to the Ruins of Alph afterwards and I roamed around. I solved one of the puzzles and then I entered the main ruins and I encountered wild Unown. After wandering around some more, I returned to Violet City and I entered the Violet City Gym. I battled against the Gym trainers inside using mostly my Mareep and Geodude, then I headed back to the Pokemon Center. After healing my Pokemon again, I returned to the Violet City Gym and I saved before challenging Falkner.

I'm currently exploring Route 35 in Heart Gold. I've battled all the trainers and picked up TM66 Payback. I've also just acquired a Ditto from this Route. Next up I'm going to be checking out the Pokéathlon Dome.

Lorde

After beating Falkner, I wandered to Route 32 and got a Miracle Seed from a man there, then I headed further south until I reached tall grass and saw trainers. I battled against the trainers and I captured a wild Wooper as I was moving along the tall grass and then I arrived at the spot with the bridge. I walked around and I battled against the Fisherman trainers nearby. I got one of their phone numbers for my Pokegear, then I collected items in the tall grass. I entered the Pokemon Center nearby and I healed my party. I obtained an Old Rod from a man inside the Pokemon Center and I fished in the water. I encountered a wild Magikarp and I caught that. I saved the game shortly before entering Union Cave.

CGS

Shadow Lucario
Took a break form my Pokémon X, decided to pick up where I left off on my Soul Silver. Which just happened to be before I face Falkner for my first badge, so I faced him and beat him with my Geodude. Then I headed down Route 32 and received the Miracle Seed from a guy with will come to good use in the future. I battle all the trainers then healed my Pokémon at the Pokémon Center before Union Cave, I also got the Old Rod. But, didn't get the Magikarp. I continued on into Union Cave and faced the trainers within, I found my way through the cave and continued to Azalea Town, where I found out I couldn't quite face the Gym Leader at the time, instead I headed over to the Ball crafters house aka Kurt, in which lead me to the Slowpoke Well to face Team Rocket. After beating Team Rocket, I went back and faced the Gym Leader to win my second badge. Afterwards, I faced my rival which was blocking my way. After beating him, I healed my Pokémon, now I'm heading into Ilex Forest.

Drummerdude

After defeating Team Rocket I decided not to challenge the gym just yet but instead headed back to the Pokeathlon Dome and earned enough points to get a Metal Coat. I then headed to Olivine City where I had to climb the Lighthouse and met with Jasmine, the gym leader. She was too concerned about a sick Ampharos to challenge me so I had to surf to Cianwood City to get some medicine. I saw Suicune and beat Eusine which led to Bayleef evolving and then went ahead and traded my Onix and Haunter to evolve them into Steelix and Gengar and I also traded over a Shiny Stone. I had no trouble with the gym thanks to Togetic and Gengar. Togetic defeated Chuck's Primeape with Extrasensory and Gyarados almost beat Poliwrath but Togetic finished it off. After I received Fly I evolved Togetic and flew back to Olivine. Amphy became healthy and so I challenged Jasmine. Steelix took out both Magenmite with Dig and Gyarados won with Surf.

154.png
Lv32
094.png
Lv32
208.png
Lv32
468.png
Lv33
130.png
Lv31

Status
Not open for further replies.