• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official "How Rare/How Much Is My Card Worth" Thread

okothnuva

or something
If not first edition, the Charizard will go for $20 (since it's bent), the Moltres for like, $5, and the Venusaur for $10.

Charizard006

Beginning Trainer
How much is a 1st edition Dark Charizard fromteam rocket worth?

And another question: why is it that first edition cards are worth more than regular cards?

Can somebody answer this please?

Charlie_

@therealcharlie
How much would my 2nd Edition Original Clefairy go for? Perfect Condition.

Also, the Ancient Mew thing, in package? I have 4.. hehe..

Thankssss

Cutiebunny

Frosty Fashionista
US Ancient Mews are common as belly button lint. You're looking at less than $2/each, even if it's in its original package.

Japanese Ancient Mew, especially the ones with the error, are worth more, but not by much.

1st edition cards are more sought after because they're 1st prints and this is what collectors seek because they're rare.

1st ed. Dark Charizard(TR set) goes for $15 if it's in mint condition.

There is no such thing as a second print; It's either first print or unlimited.

There is no market for bent cards. A bent Charizard might go for a couple of bucks, but due to condition, it won't sell for that much.

Japanese cards that have English counterparts, such as Regirock, are not in high demand because they can not be played easily in the US. $5, and that's if the card is in mint condition. If you buy Japanese cards, you'd better make sure you're buying promo cards. They hold their value better.

That's why I constantly say - PROTECT YOUR CARDS! Buy card protections and USE them!

Last edited:

KiryuTheDragon

Tokusatsu Fanatic
Ok, a couple of things to check....

~Delta Species RH Tyranitar Delta
~Base Set Charizard, Unlimited, been in a case for the past year

Charizard006

Beginning Trainer
So, there's this store that sells alot of 1st edition Team rocket packs, but they sell for $5.00 each. I already bought 2, and got some good cards ( Dark Charizard and Dark Weezing). Is 5 bucks a good deal?

Turtloopa

Nintendo!
I think i have some mewtwos, i dunno what they are exactly but one apparently is in base set and isnt holographic. And has strange art on it. And i have some more base set cards too i think. i'll check it later

Shadow_Lugia_Master

Is that flying pie?
how rare are these?(ps... there's alot.............)
Salamence ex 160HP it had a star and a seven at the bottom right corner of the card
Meganium ex 150HP (ex unseen forces)
Aggron ex 150HP (ex ruby and sapphire)
I used to have a delta gyarados star, but traded it for salamence today :( but i like salamence!:)
rocket's mewtwo ex
holographic delta mewtwo
foil(not holographic)moltres
foil(not holographic) ninetales
ive got 64 holographics..................
the old-style mew card(the one that gives facts on the bottom of card.) i've heard its extremely rare, and you have to go through a whole tournament to get it, but i bought it on vacation for just 5 bucks. heh, sucker.)
old style dark feraligatr, different language dark alakazam, electric type latias(delta species) 2 lugias,suicune,old style articuno,another old style moltres,
jirachi, dark celebi,old style lapras,multi energy, holographic rainbow energy, rainbow energy, miracle energy,fire cube 1,lightning cube 1,fighting cube 1,psychic cube 1,dark charmeleon, dark blastoise, dark wartortle, dark ivysaur, dark venasaur,dark dragonair, light dragonair, light jolteon, light azumarill, light dewgong,dark golduck, dark octillery,gold printed kyogre(its name and HP in gold, ex emerald, and i have a ho oh one too, exept it says unseen forces.....i have shiploads of ex's.. i have used to have 2 stars: gyardos delta species (i dont have it anymore; traded it and a non-holographic delta mewtwo for salamence ex today) and treecko.
there all in very great condition, i keep all my rare cards in deck protectors.

okothnuva

or something
Salamence ex: $12-15
Meganium ex: $35 or so
Aggron ex: like, less than $10.
Gyarados star: $35. Congratulations buddy, there goes $20 right down the drain.
Rocket's Mewtwo ex: $10 or so
The holos are around $2-4 per.
Treecko star is $15.

Cutiebunny

Frosty Fashionista
No, Meganium EX does not sell for $35. Check around on auction sites for card prices - They're far more reliable than some books out there. Meganium EX sells for around $17.

Well, considering that 1st ed. Team Rocket boxes are still fairly reasonable, I would think that $5/pack is a tad outrageous. TR cards, even 1st ed. version, don't sell for that much...but holo Dark Charizard can go for $20 if in mint condition.

JPN Base Charizard with the holo over Charmeleon is common. Most holos from that set had that feature.

okothnuva

or something
Cutiebunny, that's what people are buying them for around here. If you knew how in-demand Meganium was right now, you'd agree on the $30-35. Even more so with the new format.