• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official "How Rare/How Much Is My Card Worth" Thread

Captain Murkrow

SACRE F-ING BLEU!
no, i meant the english version. how much is it worth, because I have 1.

okothnuva

or something
Roughly $20. If it's shadowless (the picture doesn't cast a shadow on the card to the right of the pic and the text is thinner than normal cards) but NOT first edition, then a little less than double. If it's first edition, it'll be a little less than triple.

(Not quite sure about the shadowless zard's price, that one's just a rough estimate)

Cutiebunny

Frosty Fashionista
A first edition Charizard in mint condition can top $100. I've seen a few hit this price on auction sites recently.

If you need cards, my suggestion is to go on an auction site and purchase them. Buying them at card stores is generally more expensive because storeowners have rent to pay.

Hello. I would like to know how much these cards are worth:

Ex Team Rocket returns: Dark Slowking (Holographic) (English)
Ex Rayquaza (Holographic) (English)

I recently got both in a few sets of booster packs.

Oh, and another thing; can anybody tell me what's up with this weird Electrode I found? It's name is Holon's Electrode and I'm pretty sure I found it in the Fire Red/Leaf Green booster..

okothnuva

or something
Dark Slowking won't go much farther than $5.
What set is the Rayquaza from? If you don't know, what's its first attack? THere is more than one Rayquaza, you know.

Holon's Electrode is in Delta Species. It's pretty popular in some decks. It's pretty common, though.

Kyrix

Glitch Hunting Freak
I have a couple I would like to be rated...

set: ?/ Rocket's mewtwo (sorry won from a pokemon tcg tournament)
set: ?/ dark vinesuar (sorry won from a pokemon tcg tournament)
set: ?/ dark alakazam (sorry won from a pokemon tcg tournament)
set: legend maker/ regice star (shiny pokemon)
set: legend maker/ regirock star (shiny pokemon)
set: legend maker/ registeel star (shiny pokemon)

Rarety and value please. Thanks :)

Last edited:
Dark Slowking won't go much farther than $5.
What set is the Rayquaza from? If you don't know, what's its first attack? THere is more than one Rayquaza, you know.

Holon's Electrode is in Delta Species. It's pretty popular in some decks. It's pretty common, though.

You don't have to tell me; I already know there is more than one Rayquaza.

It's hard for me to keep track once I get like, 1 billion freaking boosters at the same time, you know. lol

I just looked it up; it's from Delta Species.

Ok I was gonna mention this before, but..:

I have a mint condition Ancient Mew (the kind that came with your movie ticket for the first movie) NEVER opened from the package. How much is it worth?

Also a got another Mew, but I got it from a friend and I don't know the first attack...have to look it up later.

Oh, and how about these:

first edition Blatoise (meaning from the first decks ever made)
Koga's Beedrill (also very old, but in mint condition)
Sabrina's Alakazam (same as Koga's Beedrill)
Giovanne's Nidoqueen (just got)

There were a fair few Ancient Mews made if I'm correct. There'll only ever be one 1st-ed Blastoise.

Ohh I think I explained it wrong lol.

Not first edition, like, the first Blastiose ever made (like the first VERSION of Blstoise) You know what I mean? I do, however, have a first edition Rydon; that one says first edition on it.

And um, another question; how much longer would I have to wait until the price of my Ancient Mew goes up? I know it sounds dumb, but they DID stop making them, right? So that would mean the value of it would have to go up SOMETIME. Right? x.x

Kyrix

Glitch Hunting Freak

Will someone please answer

Cutiebunny

Frosty Fashionista

Do the first two have something etched into the picture? Those are more common. However, for the first two cards, around $7 each, depending on condition. They should both be holos.

Dark Alakazam came from the Team Rocket set. Holo version $4, non holo, $1....all depends on condition.

Shiny Regis generally go for $20/each, depending on condition.

Sabrina's Alakazam 1st edition, depending on condition, around $10.

Ancient Mews were a promo card given during showing of the 2nd Pokemon movie. I recall being able to get a handful of them at my theatre, so that should indicate how common they were. They're really not worth more than a few dollars, especially if they're unsealed. Japanese AMs with the error are worth more, but not by much.

Ancient Mews were a promo card given during showing of the 2nd Pokemon movie. I recall being able to get a handful of them at my theatre, so that should indicate how common they were. They're really not worth more than a few dollars, especially if they're unsealed. Japanese AMs with the error are worth more, but not by much.

It was sealed...and you say they WERE common; I'd like to know how common they are now, please. :3 Also how long I have to wait for the price to go up; not that I'm seeling it or anything, just wondering heh..

And what do you mean by "error"? What kinda of error was it? :O

edit: Ok I just looked it up. One guy is selling it for 80$! x.x

Just one more question though: How come the American Ancient Mew's are different than Japanese ones? I mean, they're BOTH in Japanese, but the site said they were different...

Last edited: