• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official "How Rare/How Much Is My Card Worth" Thread

sanae

stop trying to be god ☆
That one's #3 and i have #4, but i imagine they're the same price.

servine

I am a she. Not he.
how much is my card worth:
arcanine G lv.60 team galactic's pokemon.

p.s. can somebody give me a site where i can see the pokemon symbols and how to know if its a holo or shiny? thx!

sanae

stop trying to be god ☆
These cards are Japanese, Team Rocket's, and from the Gym set.
-Zapdos (x2)
-Mewtwo
-Snorlax
-Scyther
-Hitmonchan
These next cards are all English:
-Dark Charizard, First Edition, Rocket set
-Blastoise, Base Set 2 (x2)
-Venusaur, ? Set, (has 100hp, is lv67, and knows solarbeam)[x2]
-Charizard, ? Set, (has 120hp, is lv76, and knows fire spin)
-Dark Dugtrio, Rocket's set, first edition
-Dark Vileplume, rocket's set, first edition
-Dark Alakazam, rocket's set, first edition
-Dark Raichu, rocket's set, first edition
-Dark Dragonite, rocket's set, first edition (x2)

Last edited:

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
These cards are all Japanese, Team Rocket's, and from the Gym set.
-Zapdos (x2)
-Mewtwo
-Snorlax
-Scyther
-Hitmonchan
These next cards are all English:
-Dark Charizard, First Edition, Rocket set
-Blastoise, Base Set 2 (x2)
-Venusaur, ? Set, (has 100hp, is lv67, and knows solarbeam)[x2]
-Charizard, ? Set, (has 120hp, is lv76, and knows fire spin)
-Dark Dugtrio, Rocket's set, first edition
-Dark Vileplume, rocket's set, first edition
-Dark Alakazam, rocket's set, first edition
-Dark Raichu, rocket's set, first edition
-Dark Dragonite, rocket's set, first edition (x2)

I don't have time to check all of those cards. But I will point out that Japanese cards didn't come in first edition back then. They only started that in VS or Web (I can't remember which of those sets came first).

sanae

stop trying to be god ☆
The ones you pointed out were all english. The english cards start at the dark charizard. sorry it's so many cards ^_^''.

Flygon_Frank_66

The Mystical Master
(XATUGAMER)

I can help you with your English cards.

*These cards priced are holographic versions.*
Dark Charizard 1st ed. $30-$40
Dark Dugtrio 1st ed. $5
Dark Vileplume 1st ed. $10
Dark Alakazam 1st ed. $8
Dark Dragonite 1st ed. $10 each
Dark Raichu 1st ed. $20
Base Set 2 Blastoise $5-$10
Base set Charizard $30-$50
Base set Venusaur $15-$25

P.S.--These are all in U.S. Dollars.

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
The ones you pointed out were all english. The english cards start at the dark charizard. sorry it's so many cards ^_^''.

Arg. I didn't see the part where you said "These next cards are all English:". Sorry about that. :redface:

Flygon_Frank_66

The Mystical Master
how much is my card worth:
arcanine G lv.60 team galactic's pokemon.

p.s. can somebody give me a site where i can see the pokemon symbols and how to know if its a holo or shiny? thx!

Arcanine G. $1 U.S.D. Maximum.
Like ChampionZ stated Serebii has all cards and their rarities.

Last edited:
wondering about these card's.

Erika's Clafable 1st Edition- Mint
HNI_0016.jpg

Erika's Dragonair 1st Edition Mint-
HNI_0020.jpg

Nidoqueen Holo 1st Edition Mint-
HNI_0017.jpg

Machamp 1st Edition Holo Mint -
HNI_0018.jpg

1st Edition Dark Dragonite Holo Mint-
HNI_0019.jpg

sry about the bad quality, itd from my 3ds

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
wondering about these card's.

Erika's Clafable 1st Edition- Mint

That one seems to have a strange price right now. I would say it's about $5.

Erika's Dragonair 1st Edition Mint

Same as Clafable.

Nidoqueen Holo 1st Edition Mint

About $1.

Machamp 1st Edition Holo Mint

Less than $1. It would have been more if it was the first printing.

1st Edition Dark Dragonite Holo Mint

About $5.

sry about the bad quality, itd from my 3ds

Prices in bold.

Reshiram and Zekrom

Ok, here is the story, today I bought 3 Black and White booster packs separately, and a Black and White booster pack box set with the Victini figure.
I open all my separate ones and find a holographic Reshiram and was like "WOW! NO WAY!" and I was super happy, and as I was finishing looking through my last packet in the booster box set I was like "WHAT!?! OH MY GOD!!" I had found a holographic Zekrom!
Both in one day!
Heres a link to my Facebook video http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=261060053907280&comments
The odds are on my side today =D

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
Ok, here is the story, today I bought 3 Black and White booster packs separately, and a Black and White booster pack box set with the Victini figure.
I open all my separate ones and find a holographic Reshiram and was like "WOW! NO WAY!" and I was super happy, and as I was finishing looking through my last packet in the booster box set I was like "WHAT!?! OH MY GOD!!" I had found a holographic Zekrom!
Both in one day!
Heres a link to my Facebook video http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=261060053907280&comments
The odds are on my side today =D

This is the "How Rare/How Much Is My Card Worth" Thread, are you wanting to know the value of those cards or are you just bragging. ;)

This is the "How Rare/How Much Is My Card Worth" Thread, are you wanting to know the value of those cards or are you just bragging. ;)

Oh! Haha I must have forgotten to ask the value! xD
Sorry about that =P
So any idea what the values are?
Or should I wait a bit and when the series is discontinued, ask then?
Because they eould be worth more then, right?

Rocketumbreon

Odd Machamp.

I have this base set Machamp I recently bought at a local comic book store because it looked interesting. It is a legitimate 1st edition thick card, but the bottom edge is imprinted by the machine that packaged the cards. I have looked all over for more cards like this on the internet but have only found a Grovyle and a water energy. It is in near mint condition too, with only a few white spots on the edges on the back and a tiny scratch in the picture. Considering the rarity of the set and the error, I would think it would be a relatively high price, but unfortunately Machamp is the cheapest base holo. I just don't know enough about these errors to assume anything and the imprint could even possibly decrease the value. It would be awesome to hear from someone who knows what they are talking about. Thanks! ;068;

100_0241.jpg

Last edited:

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
I have this base set Machamp I recently bought at a local comic book store because it looked interesting. It is a legitimate 1st edition thick card, but the bottom edge is imprinted by the machine that packaged the cards. I have looked all over for more cards like this on the internet but have only found a Grovyle and a water energy. It is in near mint condition too, with only a few white spots on the edges on the back and a tiny scratch in the picture. Considering the rarity of the set and the error, I would think it would be a relatively high price, but unfortunately Machamp is the cheapest base holo. I just don't know enough about these errors to assume anything and the imprint could even possibly decrease the value. It would be awesome to hear from someone who knows what they are talking about. Thanks! ;068;

I have a few cards like that. It happens when the card gets stuck in the pack/wrapper it comes in. They aren't usually worth too much more than their regular versions though they are pretty hard to find. If you want to search for them then they're usually called "crimped" cards.

1upsuper

I was wondering if anyone could tell me about how much these two cards would fetch?

Latias * (EX Deoxys; 105/107)
Umbreon * (POP Series 5; 17/17)

I checked their prices on a website I usually use to buy cards, but they're not in stock and I'm not sure the prices are entirely relevant anymore. The Latias is listed at $35 and the Umbreon $80, both mint. Are these accurate? Thanks!

Last edited:

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
I was wondering if anyone could tell me about how much these two cards would fetch?

Latias * (EX Deoxys; 105/107)
Umbreon * (POP Series 5; 17/17)

I checked their prices on a website I usually use to buy cards, but they're not in stock and I'm not sure the prices are entirely relevant anymore. The Latias is listed at $35 and the Umbreon $80, both mint. Are these accurate? Thanks!

Those prices are pretty much exactly what they're worth right now.