1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Official "How Rare/How Much Is My Card Worth" Thread

Discussion in 'Pokémon TCG Discussion' started by TRJessie579, Jul 3, 2006.

1. Wow. Intelligent input. Thanks very much for that. Muchly appreciated for your oh-so-valuable opinion. But if you want a photo of it, here you go:
    [​IMG]

I'm a collector, and have been since Base Set, so know exactly myself how to keep things in mint condition, and what contributes how to grade them as such. Sarcasm doesn't go down well.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2011

2. Hahaha ok, a collector would know the back and front need to be inspected to determine if a card is really "Mint", the gloss of the card must still be visible so it can be proof that it was taken care of and add's to the value, also it's wise to keep most Rare's in PSA Graded and protected, not cheap sleeve's like that, a real collector know's how to care for card's,

as for the value of that card, well lol,
    anyone who bought the British Magazine got it http://cpdmtest.pokegym.net/gallery/showimage.php?i=18320&catid=member&orderby=title&direction=DESC&imageuser=152&cutoffdate=-1

it's near worthless, here's the average it goes for. http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?t=55562

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pokemon-Card-Kraze-Club-SKITTY-64-92-VeryVery-Rare-Mint-/200636342959

so it's really how much "Demand" there is for a card that determines how much to sell it for, not some random guess on a website.

3. hiby251

hiby251 New Member

how much is my red shiny gyarados 1rst edition

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 11, 2011
  4. Right thanks very much. Btw, that wasn't in a sleeve when I took the photo, but I'm keeping it in a Top Loader for the moment.

5. SkittyOnWailord

SkittyOnWailord ☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣

You said it's 1st edition and linked to an English picture yet only the Japanese one came in 1st edition. So are you wanting the price for the English one or the Japanese one?

6. hiby251

hiby251 New Member

english please opps i forgot its not 1st edition

7. Flygon_Frank_66

Flygon_Frank_66 The Mystical Master

8. Poke_Mania97

Poke_Mania97 God of Fire

how rare are the new EX's? im talking bout the EX's that just have art in the box, not the full card. like the new mewtwo ex

9. orangezilla

orangezilla Who's dar man

How much is an Electivre FB lvlX worth?

10. $2-$4 U.S.D

on average

11. Charze

Charze Always flyin'

How much would an Infernape LV. X or any of the old ex cards be worth?

12. Flygon_Frank_66

@Infernape Level X---- Is it promo or non promo?
    @Old EX cards---- All EX's vary in price I would need a specific one to price it.

13. Hey what i noticed in that website of your's (or that your advertising) is that you sometimes tell people to look at it to find price's on the card's, well that's wrong because the price's that are listed there are at what he sell's them at, but he pays minimum price for card's that we sell, for example my HG/SS Donphan Prime card would cost me $25 to buy it but he would only pay $6 something for it if he was going to buy it, i sold it on ebay for $19.65.

So i recommend everyone else to check out ebay and such for an AVERAGE on what some card's can go for, they may get lucky and get above the average.

o and im not hating on the website, just pointing out the fact's because ive seen some people ask how much can they sell a certain card for, and youve told them to check the price on that website, and some get the wrong idea and think that they can sell their card's there for alot, when in fact they are wrongly misled.

14. Flygon_Frank_66

I'm not supporting people to sell their cards to the website.
    I just recommend them to see what he sells the cards for (Professor-Oak).
    Because he sells them quite rapidly and people can get a good gist of what
    people pay for them. Then they can have an idea of what to get for their cards. (wherever they sell them)

Last edited: Sep 18, 2011

15. True, i see that, but Ebay and such are better IMO, just because the average price is better since it's so many people that it bases itself on, Profesdor-Oak, goes based on only his price's, one person.

16. Galend

Galend New Member

How much are these worth?

I found my old pokemon cards and I was wondering what some of them were worth. Some of them I didn't find on the site so I just took a picture. If its not too much trouble, could I have separate prices for each card?

Link to picture: http://i792.photobucket.com/albums/yy210/galend/IMG_4375.jpg

17. the hydreigon

the hydreigon make that three

i have a one star shiny vaporean

18. Nesquik3D

Nesquik3D <-- Want a DWF

Hey, I was wondering about how much some of my cards were worth, the list has a few.
    Walrein ex (Legend Maker 89/92)
    Tyranitar ex (POP Series 1 17/17)
    Floatzel GL lv X (Rising Rivals 104/111)
    Scizor Prime (HS Undaunted 84/90)
    Magnezone Prime (HS Triumphant 96/102)
    Machamp Prime (HS Triumphant 95/102)
    Zekrom (Black and White 114/114)
    Tornadus (Emerging Powers 98/98)

ALL of them are in mint condition and basically look like they just came out of the booster.

19. Flygon_Frank_66

Walrein ex ~~ $5
    Tyranitar ex ~~ $2-$6
    Floatzel LV.X ~~ $7
    Scizor Prime ~~ $8
    Magnezone prime ~~ $18-$20
    Machamp prime ~~ $6-$8
    Zekrom ~~ $10
    Tornadus ~~ $8-$10

All are priced in U.S. dollars.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2011
  20. Galend

Galend New Member

Not mint condition

Hey are rare cards actually worth anything if not in mint condition?