• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official "How Rare/How Much Is My Card Worth" Thread

Nebbio

NINJA!

~Light

How much is a Pokémon Catcher Reverse worth ?

I traded it for a Zekrom Full Art, Serperior Holo, Reshiram Reverse Holo & Samurott Reverse Holo

~Light

So I made a pretty good deal xD

I had the regular Catcher & the REV in 1 booster so decided to trade the REV since I don't like rev trainers xD

ShadowKyogre443

오션 마스터
ive seen that Lottery Kyogre go for $30.

Ok thanks for your help. I just wanted to know because I've been dying to get it, and the only place I saw that had it wanted 75 bucks -_-
Also, I actually own this kind of card, except it is from the TCG 2008 WCS deck so it has the winner's signature on the bottom. Anyone know the worth of this?

Last edited:

Flygon_Frank_66

The Mystical Master
Ok thanks for your help. I just wanted to know because I've been dying to get it, and the only place I saw that had it wanted 75 bucks -_-
Also, I actually own this kind of card, except it is from the TCG 2008 WCS deck so it has the winner's signature on the bottom. Anyone know the worth of this?

Sadly, Jolteon WC is not worth very much because anybody could buy the deck
and be guaranteed to get it. The most you could get is about $5 (U.S.)

ShadowKyogre443

오션 마스터
Sadly, Jolteon WC is not worth very much because anybody could buy the deck
and be guaranteed to get it. The most you could get is about $5 (U.S.)

Darn, for a while I thought it was really something, too. Thanks for your help :)

I got a Kraze Club Skitty in a bulk buy from a car boot sale the other day, and was searching around for it's value, and came across the following: Kraze Club Skitty @ Chaos Cards

Is it really worth that much, any ideas from you guys?

That price might be applicable to a Mint Condition card, you got it an a garage so i doubt it's well taken care of, can you provide an actual picture of the card you have so we can see it's condition?

That price might be applicable to a Mint Condition card, you got it an a garage so i doubt it's well taken care of, can you provide an actual picture of the card you have so we can see it's condition?

It's in completely mint condition, no black marks, and because it's not shiny, it hasn't distorted its shape. A photo wouldn't do it justice, purely because there's nothing noticeabley blemishing.

It's in completely mint condition, no black marks, and because it's not shiny, it hasn't distorted its shape. A photo wouldn't do it justice, purely because there's nothing noticeabley blemishing.

*facepalm* ok sure

ShadowKyogre443

오션 마스터
DragonMAser26, I accidentally said that my Jolteon was from the 2008 TCGWCS but it's actually from the 2007 one. Does this change anything?
Also, I need this to be given a price estimate

sillyevan

This is gonna be a heck of a first post... though technically I was a member back in 2003... here goes nothin.

After sitting around for a decade taking up space, I'm selling almost my entire Pokemon collection. Only a couple of items are not for sale (like a Japanese Southern Island set, and an unopened Ancient Mew), but all of the English cards are to be sold. Unlike Magic the Gathering, I can't seem to find price guides online for the Pokemon TCG, so I turn to Serebii forums for help :)

Apologies for the long list ahead, but I want to get an idea of what the better portion of my collection is worth. All cards listed are in NM/Mint condition, no play, minimal scratches, just sitting in binders for 10 years. If someone could give me a ballpark estimate for each card or each group of cards, I'd really appreciate it!

Wizards Promos:
Electabuzz (#2)
Mewtwo (#3)
Misty's Psyduck "W" Stamped

Base Set Error Cards:
Gyarados 6/102 (Collector # is too far left)
Metapod 54/102 (HP 70 - shadowless)
Pikachu 58/102 "red cheeks" (shadowless)
Voltorb 67/102 "Monster Ball" (shadowless)

Base Set Rares:
Alakazam HOLO 1/102 (shadowless)
Charizard 4/102
Clefairy 5/102
Machamp 8/102 (1st ED from the starter deck)
Magneton 9/102
Ninetails 12/102
Beedrill 17/102
Dragonair 18/102
Dugtrio 19/102
Electabuzz 20/102 (shadowless)
Electrode 21/102 (shadowless)
Pidgeotto 22/102
Devolution Spray 72/102
Imposter Professor Oak 73/102
Item Finder 74/102
Lass 75/102
Pokemon Breeder 76/102
Pokemon Trainer 77/102
Super Energy Removal 79/102

Jungle Set Rares:
Vileplume 15/64 (1st ED HOLO)
Clefable 17/64
Flareon 19/64
Jolteon 20/64
Nidoqueen 23/64 (1st ED)
Pidgeot 24/64
Scyther 26/64
Victreebell 30/64
Wigglytuff 32/64 (1st ED)

Fossil Set Rares:
Aerodactyl 1/62
Muk 13/62
Articuno 17/62
Lapras 25/62
Magneton 26/62

Rocket Set Rares:
Dark Golbat 7/82 (Holo)
Dark Arbok 19/82
Dark Golbat 24/82 (non Holo)

Gym Heroes Rares:
Rocket's Moltres 12/132
Erika 16/132
Brock's Onix 21/132
Misty's Poliwrath 31/132
Sabrina's Venomoth 34/132
Brock 98/132

Gym Challenge Rares:
Giovanni's Nidoking 7/132 (1st ED Holo)
Sabrina 20/132 (Holo)
Blaine 100/132

Neo Genesis Rares:
Feraligatr 4/111 (1st ED)
Heracross 6/111 (1st ED)
Jumpluff 7/111
Meganium 10/111
Cleffa 20/111 (1st ED)

Neo Discovery Rares:
Forretress 2/75
Politoed 8/75
Hitmontop 22/75
Houndour 24/75
Magnemite 26/75
Scizor 29/75
Tyranitar 31/75
Unown 'A' 33/75
Ursaring 34/75
Yanma 36/75

Neo Revelation Rares:
Houndoom 8/64 (1st ED)
Magneton 10/64
Suicune 14/64 (1st ED)
Kingdra 19/64 (1st ED)
Kingdra 19/64 (unlimited)
Skarmory 23/64
Sneasel 24/64
Shining Gyarados 65/64

Neo Destiny Rares:

Dark Crobat 2/105 (1st ED)
Light Arcanine 12/105
Dark Magcargo 18/105 (1st ED)
Dark Magcargo 18/105 (unlimited)
Dark Omastar 19/105 (1st ED)
Dark Omastar 19/105 (unlimited)
Shining Kabutops 108/105 (1st ED!!!)

Base Set 2 Rares:
Chansey 3/130
Magneton 9/130

Legendary (Base Set 3) Rares & Reverse Holos:
Dark Dragonite 5/110
Dark Slowbro 8/110
Hitmonlee 13/110
Machamp 15/110 (reverse holo)
Golduck 43/110 (reverse holo)
Charmander 70/110 (reverse holo)

Expedition Base Set Rares & Reverse Holos:
Charizard 39/165
Cloyster 42/165 (reverse holo)
Venusaur 67/165
Chikorita 99/165 (reverse holo)

EX Ruby & Sapphire Rares & Reverse Holos:
Blaziken 15/109
Makuhita 57/109 (reverse holo)

EX Dragon Rares & Reverse Holos:
Altaria 2/97 (had to double check this, It's a reverse holo of a holo-foil)
Vibrava 22/97
Kingdra-EX 92/97 (Full Holo)

EX Emerald Rares & Reverse Holos:
Chimecho 12/106
Scott 84/106 (Holo w/ "EX Emerald" logo in illustration, is this Reverse Holo?)

Quite a list eh? I remember when Base Set Charizard was easily $100, but now I hear it's around $40-$50 and everything else tanked in value. :( Also, I have a large assortment of Japanese Pokemon cards before they were printed in English (Gym Leaders, Fossil, and a few Neo series). Are any of the old Japanese cards worth anything (ex: a foil Jap. Celebi from Neo Revelation)?

Thanks again, hope I'm not asking too much.

Last edited:

Flygon_Frank_66

The Mystical Master
@sillyevan ~~ Check out the website in my signature Professor-Oak.
They keep up-to-date prices and would have most all of your cards.

And yes if the card has the set name in the picture it's reverse-holo.

*facepalm* ok sure

Wow. Intelligent input. Thanks very much for that. Muchly appreciated for your oh-so-valuable opinion. But if you want a photo of it, here you go:
1720248.jpg

I'm a collector, and have been since Base Set, so know exactly myself how to keep things in mint condition, and what contributes how to grade them as such. Sarcasm doesn't go down well.

Last edited:
Wow. Intelligent input. Thanks very much for that. Muchly appreciated for your oh-so-valuable opinion. But if you want a photo of it, here you go:
1720248.jpg

I'm a collector, and have been since Base Set, so know exactly myself how to keep things in mint condition, and what contributes how to grade them as such. Sarcasm doesn't go down well.

Hahaha ok, a collector would know the back and front need to be inspected to determine if a card is really "Mint", the gloss of the card must still be visible so it can be proof that it was taken care of and add's to the value, also it's wise to keep most Rare's in PSA Graded and protected, not cheap sleeve's like that, a real collector know's how to care for card's,

as for the value of that card, well lol,
anyone who bought the British Magazine got it http://cpdmtest.pokegym.net/gallery/showimage.php?i=18320&catid=member&orderby=title&direction=DESC&imageuser=152&cutoffdate=-1

it's near worthless, here's the average it goes for. http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?t=55562

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pokemon-Card-Kraze-Club-SKITTY-64-92-VeryVery-Rare-Mint-/200636342959

so it's really how much "Demand" there is for a card that determines how much to sell it for, not some random guess on a website.