• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official "How Rare/How Much Is My Card Worth" Thread

Hahaha ok, a collector would know the back and front need to be inspected to determine if a card is really "Mint", the gloss of the card must still be visible so it can be proof that it was taken care of and add's to the value, also it's wise to keep most Rare's in PSA Graded and protected, not cheap sleeve's like that, a real collector know's how to care for card's

Right thanks very much. Btw, that wasn't in a sleeve when I took the photo, but I'm keeping it in a Top Loader for the moment.

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣

You said it's 1st edition and linked to an English picture yet only the Japanese one came in 1st edition. So are you wanting the price for the English one or the Japanese one?

Poke_Mania97

God of Fire
how rare are the new EX's? im talking bout the EX's that just have art in the box, not the full card. like the new mewtwo ex

orangezilla

Who's dar man
How much is an Electivre FB lvlX worth?

@Infernape Level X---- Is it promo or non promo?
@Old EX cards---- All EX's vary in price I would need a specific one to price it.

Hey what i noticed in that website of your's (or that your advertising) is that you sometimes tell people to look at it to find price's on the card's, well that's wrong because the price's that are listed there are at what he sell's them at, but he pays minimum price for card's that we sell, for example my HG/SS Donphan Prime card would cost me $25 to buy it but he would only pay $6 something for it if he was going to buy it, i sold it on ebay for $19.65.

So i recommend everyone else to check out ebay and such for an AVERAGE on what some card's can go for, they may get lucky and get above the average.

o and im not hating on the website, just pointing out the fact's because ive seen some people ask how much can they sell a certain card for, and youve told them to check the price on that website, and some get the wrong idea and think that they can sell their card's there for alot, when in fact they are wrongly misled.

Flygon_Frank_66

The Mystical Master
I'm not supporting people to sell their cards to the website.
I just recommend them to see what he sells the cards for (Professor-Oak).
Because he sells them quite rapidly and people can get a good gist of what
people pay for them. Then they can have an idea of what to get for their cards. (wherever they sell them)

Last edited:
I'm not supporting people to sell their cards to the website.
I just recommend them to see what he sells the cards for (Professor-Oak).
Because he sells them quite rapidly and people can get a good gist of what
people pay for them.

True, i see that, but Ebay and such are better IMO, just because the average price is better since it's so many people that it bases itself on, Profesdor-Oak, goes based on only his price's, one person.

Nesquik3D

<-- Want a DWF
Hey, I was wondering about how much some of my cards were worth, the list has a few.
Walrein ex (Legend Maker 89/92)
Tyranitar ex (POP Series 1 17/17)
Floatzel GL lv X (Rising Rivals 104/111)
Scizor Prime (HS Undaunted 84/90)
Magnezone Prime (HS Triumphant 96/102)
Machamp Prime (HS Triumphant 95/102)
Zekrom (Black and White 114/114)
Tornadus (Emerging Powers 98/98)

ALL of them are in mint condition and basically look like they just came out of the booster.

Flygon_Frank_66

The Mystical Master
Hey, I was wondering about how much some of my cards were worth, the list has a few.
Walrein ex (Legend Maker 89/92)
Tyranitar ex (POP Series 1 17/17)
Floatzel GL lv X (Rising Rivals 104/111)
Scizor Prime (HS Undaunted 84/90)
Magnezone Prime (HS Triumphant 96/102)
Machamp Prime (HS Triumphant 95/102)
Zekrom (Black and White 114/114)
Tornadus (Emerging Powers 98/98)

ALL of them are in mint condition and basically look like they just came out of the booster.
Walrein ex ~~ $5
Tyranitar ex ~~ $2-$6
Floatzel LV.X ~~ $7
Scizor Prime ~~ $8
Magnezone prime ~~ $18-$20
Machamp prime ~~ $6-$8
Zekrom ~~ $10
Tornadus ~~ $8-$10

All are priced in U.S. dollars.

Last edited:

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
Hey are rare cards actually worth anything if not in mint condition?

It depends which cards they are and how damaged they are. But that usually only counts for cards that already have a pretty high value. Like if you have a No.1 Trainer that for some unknown reason got creased in half then it would still be worth around $1000 just because of how rare it is. But for less-rare cards they take a big hit since people would probably just pay the extra few dollars for a mint one. But like I said, the price differs greatly depending on what card it is and how damaged it is.

Galend

It depends which cards they are and how damaged they are. But that usually only counts for cards that already have a pretty high value. Like if you have a No.1 Trainer that for some unknown reason got creased in half then it would still be worth around $1000 just because of how rare it is. But for less-rare cards they take a big hit since people would probably just pay the extra few dollars for a mint one. But like I said, the price differs greatly depending on what card it is and how damaged it is.

Oh okay thanks! So I have the following slightly played cards:
Charizard CD Promo Holo Japanese
Blastoise CD Promo Holo Japanese
Venusaur CD Promo Holo Japanese
Mewtwo lvl 30 Japanese
Mew Bubble Japanese
Giavanni's Persian Holo

Could you please give me a pricing?
Thank you very very much in advance!

Last edited:

Flygon_Frank_66

The Mystical Master
Oh okay thanks! So I have the following slightly played cards:
Charizard CD Promo Holo Japanese
Blastoise CD Promo Holo Japanese
Venusaur CD Promo Holo Japanese
Mewtwo lvl 30 Japanese
Mew Bubble Japanese
Giavanni's Persian Holo

Could you please give me a pricing?
Thank you very very much in advance!

I can give you a true price on MINT cards.
But I can only try to estimate for played cards.

If by slightly played you mean only edge wear and corner wear?
Then about half-fourth of the price on Professor-Oak.

If the cards have any creases in them it really diminishes the value.
About less then a fourth of Professor's value.

I' probably being conservative on the prices. The only true way to know what your cards are worth is to list them for auction starting 99cents on sites like eBay.

Last edited: