• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official "How Rare/How Much Is My Card Worth" Thread

P!ppy

Pokemon Ranger
How rare are Southern Island Mews?

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
I have a seadra neo genesis #48 while it doesn't seem like much it is ridiculously off center. I don't know if it is fake or not. It could very well be, but it doesn't feel/look fake.

Here is the original:
http://www.pokemontradingpost.com/images/NeoGenesis/48_Seadra.jpg

Here is mine:
View attachment 4090

Sorry if it isnt the best quality photo

It doesn't look fake from what I can tell. It's a decent miscut and would probably be worth $3-$6 if you can find someone that collects misprints. And that's pretty good considering a normal one's only about ¢25.

Archaic

rawr!
I have:

1st Edition Shining Charizard
1st Edition Charizard
Charizard Shadowless

How much are they worth? Thanks!!!

Nebbio

NINJA!
I was raking through old cards the other day and I foundthese and wondered how much they would be worth:
-Misprint Dark Vileplume (TR-Weakness is Fighting instead of Fire)
-Mew(Specie instead of Species)
-Slowking(Aquapolis)

Thanks.

01jdog

Strategist
It doesn't look fake from what I can tell. It's a decent miscut and would probably be worth $3-$6 if you can find someone that collects misprints. And that's pretty good considering a normal one's only about ¢25.

thanks for the info

DragonXmicro

何これ?かえったね。
Hey, i was looking thru old cards and pulled mine from rocket.
Id like a price check
All are near-mint
Dark arbok
Dark golbat
Dark slowbro
Dark weezing

And i have these two promos?
T/hey havea palm tree symbol for their set.
Togepi 4/18
slowking 14/18

jmakin

Desperately need help here.

I've always loved pokemon, played every game up til pearl since I was a kid. Went to a very conservative christian school and the cards were banned because of the use of the word "evolution."

I've always been fascinated with them because of this and I found some 1996 Pocket Monsters cards at a garage sale for 50c a card. many are holographic, but the one that caught my eye was the Mew.

G2kHj

I don't necessarily need a price estimate for this, but that would be great. mostly I'm looking for where the hell I can find more info on these cards? how do I tell it's a first edition?

Frozen Ghost

I was looking through my cards this morning and I found some misprints, I was just wondering what they were worth, if anything?
Mysterious Treasures-
Croconaw-Ctoconaw in the Poke-BODY text.
2xLumineon-Wich instead of With in the Poke-BODY text.
Feraligatr-Mary instead of Many
Sandslash-Spike rmor instead of Armor
Mantine-mqy instead of may, and possibly MANTINE at the bottom (not sure if its an error or not)
Alakazam-Color Shife instead of Power Cancel(?)

Ex Holon Phantoms-
Persian-It says evolves from Mankey instead of Meowth.

There is one more but I can't find it at the moment... It says something like pazralyzed.

Last edited:

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
I was looking through my cards this morning and I found some misprints, I was just wondering what they were worth, if anything?
Mysterious Treasures-
Croconaw-Ctoconaw in the Poke-BODY text.
2xLumineon-Wich instead of With in the Poke-BODY text.
Feraligatr-Mary instead of Many
Sandslash-Spike rmor instead of Armor
Mantine-mqy instead of may, and possibly MANTINE at the bottom (not sure if its an error or not)
Alakazam-Color Shife instead of Power Cancel(?)

Ex Holon Phantoms-
Persian-It says evolves from Mankey instead of Meowth.

There is one more but I can't find it at the moment... It says something like pazralyzed.

Those sound exactly like the standard fake cards that have been around lately. But pictures are always helpful. Either way here's a good page on how to identify fake cards.

http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?t=64968

speedbump07

Hi, I have a question, and I can't seem to find the answer to it anywhere.

You see, I've been going through my old cards to value them, and I have this base set pikachu. However, it appears to be chinese, and it has this odd gold foil stamp of a pikachu tail on the left side, opposite where the set symbol would be in Jungle, etc. Has anyone heard of this? I can't seem to find anything about it :/ I can upload a picture if necessary if you want to know exactly what it looks like.

EDIT: I might of just found what it is. It appears to be a "Pikachu World Collection" Pikachu fromthe 2000 Sydney olympics. Guess I just need the value now ^^

EDIT 2: And it appears its actually Korean, not Chinese

Last edited:

Flygon_Frank_66

The Mystical Master
Hey, i was looking thru old cards and pulled mine from rocket.
Id like a price check
All are near-mint
Dark arbok
Dark golbat
Dark slowbro
Dark weezing

And i have these two promos?
T/hey havea palm tree symbol for their set.
Togepi 4/18
slowking 14/18

Your Team Rocket cards are valued at about $1 USD each.
If they are foil (you didn't specify), $2 USD each.

Your Togepi and Slowking are Southern Islands Promos. If they are English, their value is $2 USD each (assuming they are Mint condition).

I was raking through old cards the other day and I foundthese and wondered how much they would be worth:
-Misprint Dark Vileplume (TR-Weakness is Fighting instead of Fire)
-Mew(Specie instead of Species)
-Slowking(Aquapolis)

Thanks.

Misprint Dark Vileplume >>$2.00
Mew Misprint >> $3.00
Slowking >> $1.00 (non-holo) $3.00 (holo)

I have:

1st Edition Shining Charizard
1st Edition Charizard
Charizard Shadowless

How much are they worth? Thanks!!!

These prices reflect MINT condition cards.

1st edition Shining Charizard >>> $100 give or take.
1st Edition Charizard >>> $200 minimum.
Charizard Shadowless >>> $30 minimum.

Last edited:

Krak_is_bad

What of a factory sealed japanese base set deck? No idea if it is first ed or not, giving me some infor as to what I should look for would be great! If it isnt much, should I open it?

Electricbluewolf

*pours beans down the waterslide*
What of a factory sealed japanese base set deck? No idea if it is first ed or not, giving me some infor as to what I should look for would be great! If it isnt much, should I open it?

If you open it, I'd think you lose a fair bit of money. The Japanese decks contain a random assortment of cards rather than a fixed deck, so there is a possibility that you could get a Shiny Charizard (but then again, odds are not). I would hold on for it to now. Sealed packs of bas sets do go for quite a bit on ebay. Does it look like this as well?

Krak_is_bad

If you open it, I'd think you lose a fair bit of money. The Japanese decks contain a random assortment of cards rather than a fixed deck, so there is a possibility that you could get a Shiny Charizard (but then again, odds are not). I would hold on for it to now. Sealed packs of bas sets do go for quite a bit on ebay. Does it look like this as well?

Yes! That is exactly what it looks like! I will hold onto it for a bit, then. Sounds like it will only go up in price.

KantoMasta

call me KM!
ok, i have a question. I got back into the TCG, not to long ago. The other day I pulled my old cards out and began looking through them, finding one card that stood out to me.

Reverse Holo Zorua 70/114 B/W expansion set. Any ideas on how rare this card is/ how much it costs?

Electricbluewolf

ok, i have a question. I got back into the TCG, not to long ago. The other day I pulled my old cards out and began looking through them, finding one card that stood out to me.

Reverse Holo Zorua 70/114 B/W expansion set. Any ideas on how rare this card is/ how much it costs?

If you mean this one then not a lot- it's common, but reverse holo, so maybe $1-2 pushing it? The first BW expansion cards were not popular, I seem to recall.

I'll try and get photos later, but these two cards have been bugging me for value for ages.
One is a Celebi ex (This one) from the Pop Series- however, it is mis-cut with about half a centimeter on the bottom. It's over wise in nr.mint condition.

The second is what basically is a blank shiny card-I pulled it straight from the pack. It looks like the base for reverse holos, but can't be too sure. It's had a few scratches on it, but otherwise it okay.

Flygon_Frank_66

The Mystical Master
If you mean this one then not a lot- it's common, but reverse holo, so maybe $1-2 pushing it? The first BW expansion cards were not popular, I seem to recall.

I'll try and get photos later, but these two cards have been bugging me for value for ages.
One is a Celebi ex (This one) from the Pop Series- however, it is mis-cut with about half a centimeter on the bottom. It's over wise in nr.mint condition.

The second is what basically is a blank shiny card-I pulled it straight from the pack. It looks like the base for reverse holos, but can't be too sure. It's had a few scratches on it, but otherwise it okay.

Miss-cut cards are only desired by a select few collectors. To the majority, a miss-cut card is worth less than a normal card. So for your Celebi ex, I'd put a value of about $5 (maximum). And for that exclusive miss-cut collector, possibly $10.

Your blank alternate holo template is a different story however. Anybody can make one of these with acetone and a Q-tip. You can testify as much as you'd like that you pulled it from a booster, but like I already said, just about anyone can easily make one. Value: List it for auction on eBay and see what happens.

FE21

A mint Tyranitar ex delta species from EX: Dragon Frontiers? I actually asked this a while back, but never got an answer... I'm more interrested in knowing its scarcity, than otherwise value (but value works!).

Stay Gold

BattleSubway Trainer
I was just browsing through my old cards and found these, I believe all of the were from 3rd Gen packs

Regirock Ex Holo
Electabuzz Ex Holo
Flareon Ex Holo
Kabutops Ex Holo
Team Magmas Groudon Holo
Team Magmas Aggron Holo

Just want to know a general idea of what theyre worth, if anything, thanks

Electricbluewolf

A mint Tyranitar ex delta species from EX: Dragon Frontiers? I actually asked this a while back, but never got an answer... I'm more interrested in knowing its scarcity, than otherwise value (but value works!).

If you meant this one about $2.50-$5 dollars. Delta Species, even though popular, the ex's were not that popular.

I was just browsing through my old cards and found these, I believe all of the were from 3rd Gen packs

Regirock Ex Holo
Electabuzz Ex Holo
Flareon Ex Holo
Kabutops Ex Holo
Team Magmas Groudon Holo
Team Magmas Aggron Holo

Just want to know a general idea of what theyre worth, if anything, thanks

Older generation usually go for more after the hype of new packs coming out. I would say the ex's atm, $10-$15, whilst the holos, possibly $6-$8.

Miss-cut cards are only desired by a select few collectors. To the majority, a miss-cut card is worth less than a normal card. So for your Celebi ex, I'd put a value of about $5 (maximum). And for that exclusive miss-cut collector, possibly $10.

Your blank alternate holo template is a different story however. Anybody can make one of these with acetone and a Q-tip. You can testify as much as you'd like that you pulled it from a booster, but like I already said, just about anyone can easily make one. Value: List it for auction on eBay and see what happens.

Ahh, thank you. I heard certain mis-prints are rarer/sort out more often than others, therefore more valuable, but I was just interested in it n_n. I'll probably keep the holo card for now- it's quite funny XD