• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official "How Rare/How Much Is My Card Worth" Thread

Flygon_Frank_66

The Mystical Master
It would definitely cut the value in 1/2 at minimum.

I got some of the tins for Christmas, and bought some more after Christmas, and I'd like to ask about the value of some of the cards I got inside:

1. Full art Thundurus

2. Terrakion EX (since I don't think I'll be building a deck with it)

These cards are straight out of the pack. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Flygon_Frank_66

The Mystical Master
Those are nice cards... just not very valuable.

Thundurus Full Arts sell on eBay for $3.00
Terrakion EX go for $5.00

The artwork on them is awesome, I would just keep them in a holder for looks.

BTW: Make sure your Terrakion is not the Full Art version.

BunniBear4

Pokémon Trainer
I am no expert on Pokemon cards, in fact I've never really played the game. I only bought a bunch of cards during Gen IV for the pictures. Now I want to get my brother a 3DS for his birthday in March so I'm trying to scrape as much money as I can so he can have one to get Pokemon X or Y (most likely Y). I have 12 cards that I know can at least make me a bit of money and I don't really know how to price them. I've done an eBay trick my brother suggested and I sort of came up with these prices for these cards. I don't know if I could sell them at these prices though and if any I feel as if should go down it should be the reverse holo beautifly. Click on this for the picture and prices. If you need the exact cards here they are in order from left to right.

Top Row:

Holo DP Secret Wonders Entei 4/132 (x2), Reverse Holo DP Base Set Beautifly 19/130, Holo Expedition Skarmory 27/165, DP Great Encounters Dialga (x2), Reverse Holo DP Great Encounters Dialga

Bottom Row:

Holo DP Mysterious Treasures Honchkrow 10/123, Lv. X Darkrai DP19, Reverse DP Great Encounters Darkrai 4/106, Holo DP Base Set Luxray 7/130, Reverse Holo DP Secret Wonders Raikou 16/132

Shadow of Umbreon

Waiting for Y
Flygon_Frank_66, I noticed you said to another person to make sure that the Terrakion EX wasn't a FA. Is it not that rare.

Also, not more than an hour ago I pulled my FIRST secret rare! It's a Shiny Lugia SL7 from Call of Legends. How much is that one worth?

toastybatch565

Super Noob
I have a shadowless holofoil mewtwo. IT has the "1995,96,98,99 Nintendo, Creatures GAMEFREAK c 1999 Wizards" logo at the bottom and has no shadow on the sides of the picture. it says 10/102 on the bottom right. What I would like to know is how much it is worth because I have searched the internet for one like mine but cannot find any both holofoil and shadowless. Also, for fun, include in your reply which starter from gen 6 you like best. I like the fire type best.

Last edited:

pacack825

A meowing duck.
I have a shadowless holofoil mewtwo. IT has the "1995,96,98,99 Nintendo, Creatures GAMEFREAK c 1999 Wizards" logo at the bottom and has no shadow on the sides of the picture. it says 10/102 on the bottom right. What I would like to know is how much it is worth because I have searched the internet for one like mine but cannot find any both holofoil and shadowless. Also, for fun, include in your reply which starter from gen 6 you like best. I like the fire type best.
From the looks of what others selling cards like this one are, around 10 bucks... Holofoil wasn't removed from shadowless, just so you know, but the shadowless part does increase value a bit.

I started looking through my cards to see if I have anything worth selling since I might be giving my entire collection to my younger cousin. So I might be here for awhile xD

Anyway I have a 1st edition Machamp from 1995, 96, 98 but the 1 in the 1st edition icon is blacked out so you can't see the 1. I can't find any info on this card online. I can only find info on regular 1st ed Machamp's, I also have one of those but they seem relatively cheap. Can anyone give me some info?

pacack825

A meowing duck.
I started looking through my cards to see if I have anything worth selling since I might be giving my entire collection to my younger cousin. So I might be here for awhile xD

Anyway I have a 1st edition Machamp from 1995, 96, 98 but the 1 in the 1st edition icon is blacked out so you can't see the 1. I can't find any info on this card online. I can only find info on regular 1st ed Machamp's, I also have one of those but they seem relatively cheap. Can anyone give me some info?
I'd buy it, tbh. That's a nice sounding card. Value depends on condition, however. What kind of shape is it in?

pacack825

A meowing duck.

pacack825

A meowing duck.
I have a question about my own card now. An Italian Expedition Base Set Larvitar 116/165 that has an error that has not been documented anywhere that I can find. It was obtained by a friend and given to me after he lost interest in Pokemon cards. He lived in/went on vacation to Italy for a short time and he bought the card there, so I know it's not a faked card. It's odd error is that it does not have the dot-code or E-Reader symbol on it at all. It's in practically mint condition, with no imperfections that I can see at all. It was opened and then put into a protective case like he did with all of his cards. Does anyone have any idea what this card is worth or if any errors like it have been reported before? I did an extensive search to no avail, and I can confirm that the typical Italian e-reader larvitar does, in fact have the markings.

Pictures (is in a plastic protective case):

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/9/1000639gl.jpg/ This shows the full card, I apologize for the slight blurriness, but I can confirm that it has no scratches or imperfections visible.
and here shows close-up the missing E-Reader symbol: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/824/1000648j.jpg/

Vaporeon* Mint condition from EX Power Keepers
Hitmonchan ex from EX Ruby & Sapphire. Holographic Ereader Symbol, no code. Mint condition
Mewtwo and Arcanine from the Base Set (let's just price it as if they were mint, lol, not in the best of shape)
Lt. Surge's Magneton from Gym Heroes (holographic)
Energy Retrieval from the Base Set
Dark Ursarang, Light Dewgong, and Dark Gengar (holographic) from Neo Destiny
Dark Charmeleon and Dark Vaporeon from Team Rocket
Gold-Holo Deoxys from EX Holon Phantoms
Team Magma's Aggron from EX Team Magma vs Team Aqua
Pikachu from Jungle
Holo Dialga w/ Adamant Orb- Diamond & Pearl: Majestic Dawns
Shining Celebi- Neo Destiny
Charizard and Combusken- EX Crystal Guardians
Raichu- Heartgold & Soulsilver
Gold Holofoil Gorebyss- EX Legend Maker
Ho-oh- EX Unseen Forces
Charizard and Delcatty- EX Power Keepers
Venusaur- Platinum- Supreme Victors

All of these cards are special to me, along with many others as I've piled a collection throughout the years. Let me know if these are worth anything, and sorry for the long post :p

pacack825

A meowing duck.
Scruffyscrafty@ From what I've been recently learning, you're machamp might not be worthless at all, it's a miss print card, so it might be worth quite a few Doubloons.
He said that it was colored in after he examined it more.

ven?

Kanto Region Champ
I know what he said but please view the card, the set marker does not have a 1 or 2 inside of it, since they only made first edition of this particular card, as far as I know, because it was a promo you got from something idk what then why is there no marker for it? The colour of the card tells me its a common, the miss print tells me that it might be worth something to people.

edit: I had to do this, because in truth I do alot of format trading, some people work by toad n troll, alot by e-bay, me by bebes, so note bellow
Franky_flygon66@ no way in hell Terrakion EX is worth 5 bucks when it's being sold for 10-30 dollars on e-bay, 17 on bebes and toad n troll wants 11.

Last edited:

pacack825

A meowing duck.
I know what he said but please view the card, the set marker does not have a 1 or 2 inside of it, since they only made first edition of this particular card, as far as I know, because it was a promo you got from something idk what then why is there no marker for it? The colour of the card tells me its a common, the miss print tells me that it might be worth something to people.

edit: I had to do this, because in truth I do alot of format trading, some people work by toad n troll, alot by e-bay, me by bebes, so note bellow
Franky_flygon66@ no way in hell Terrakion EX is worth 5 bucks when it's being sold for 10-30 dollars on e-bay, 17 on bebes and toad n troll wants 11.
I did view the card. The set is the base set, which had no symbol for it in particular, and the first edition symbol he specifically said was colored in. It's just base set, not a misprint...am I misunderstanding what you're saying?

Last edited:

toastybatch565

Super Noob
From the looks of what others selling cards like this one are, around 10 bucks... Holofoil wasn't removed from shadowless, just so you know, but the shadowless part does increase value a bit.

Thanks, I'm going to keep it, maybe its price will rise over the years.