• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official IDEA thread. (Read first post first, or you'll be in a lot of trouble)

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joveeno

no compile errors!!
[aka];8029045 said:
my prediction: you'll be able to catch the red gyarados

we already could catch it...if we're lucky to get a shiny gyarados or magikarp..

I wonder whether they'll be giving a certain starters after completing Sinnoh Dex..just like in Emerald..
Probably you'll get Hoenn starters?

BCVM22

I wonder whether they'll be giving a certain starters after completing Sinnoh Dex..just like in Emerald..
Probably you'll get Hoenn starters?

Perhaps, but you'll remember that was done primarily as part of Nintendo's concerted effort to make 99% of the then-386 Pokémon available in the 3rd generation so they would be able to be transferred to the 4th generation - you'll recall that to obtain even one Johto starter, your choices were Emerald or one of the GCN games (I can't remember, was it Colosseum or XD?) and both ways took quite a bit of doing. Hoenn starters, however, aren't rare or unobtainable now because of that aforementoned effort by Nintendo; pop in your Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald, breed up a whole mess of Treeko/Torchic/Mudkip, Pal Park them over and go buck wild.

Catbus

Meeoooowwwwww
we already could catch it...if we're lucky to get a shiny gyarados or magikarp..

Ahh Joveeno...you've hit on my secret desire...more options for chaining for shinies! OK, I know this is a sore spot with some - too many new shinies that have devalued the random encounter shinies. I hear that...but I have had so much fun chaining for shinies that I want more!! This has added hundreds of hours of novel play for me. I'd like more swarmers and more pokemon that are not now available in grassy patches (yes dear Yanma...I mean you!) to now be available to chainers.

I think I read the dream of bringing dive back (experienced pokemon players, tell me, was dive in Sapphire and Ruby? I don't know as I got onto the game in Emerald) I'd love to see a new Sinnoh underwater world opened up, with...you guessed it...fields of grass with water pokemon that can now be chained for shinies! OK, send the hate mail, I'm ready for it!

Last edited:

BCVM22

I think I read the dream of bringing dive back (experienced pokemon players, tell me, was dive in Sapphire and Ruby? I don't know as I got onto the game in Emerald)

It wouldn't have been an HM move in Emerald if it weren't in Ruby/Sapphire.

I'd love to see a new Sinnoh underwater world opened up, with...you guessed it...fields of grass with water pokemon that can now be chained for shinies! OK, send the hate mail, I'm ready for it!

My initial response was that it can't happen because Dive isn't an HM move in Diamond/Pearl, but in thinking about it that might not actually prove problematic should they implement it. Dive is programmed just fine into Diamond and Pearl, and the in-battle effect as a learned/TM move is the same as when it was an HM move, and that's the key thing as it means there would be no incompatibilities in a linked battle. I don't see them re-adding Dive as HM 09, but file it under "unlikely but not impossible."

Hammerheart

Son of Wōden
i dont know if this has alredy been discussed as im new, but im wondering how trading the new forms of giratina regigigas and shaymin to D/P will work, will it revert to its origeonal form, like deoxys or will it not let you trade them, in a similar way the time machine on gold and silver wouldnt?

NES

Flip me to the side!
I hope you can browse pokemon on GTS that you have not seen, it's really annoying to trade for things that you probably have already .-. .

A new place with challenging battles would be cool, like battle frontier, but also a random battle mode with someone on wi-fi, or even more unrealistic an interface with rooms to battle different people, sounds almost impossible but i guess this is the right place to post it hehe.

BCVM22

i dont know if this has alredy been discussed as im new, but im wondering how trading the new forms of giratina regigigas and shaymin to D/P will work, will it revert to its origeonal form, like deoxys or will it not let you trade them, in a similar way the time machine on gold and silver wouldnt?

Sprites for the new forms do not exist in Diamond and Pearl. Therefore, we can assume that the new forms cannot leave the confines of Platinum.

Furthermore, being new isn't an excuse for asking an old question. That's why there's a search function.

UmbreonLord

5th Gen OU
It wouldn't have been an HM move in Emerald if it weren't in Ruby/Sapphire.

My initial response was that it can't happen because Dive isn't an HM move in Diamond/Pearl, but in thinking about it that might not actually prove problematic should they implement it. Dive is programmed just fine into Diamond and Pearl, and the in-battle effect as a learned/TM move is the same as when it was an HM move, and that's the key thing as it means there would be no incompatibilities in a linked battle. I don't see them re-adding Dive as HM 09, but file it under "unlikely but not impossible."

Thats something I'd like to see happen

ShadowHyrule

The Event Master
This game better have an imporved GTS ^_^ It would be awesome if you could let other Trainers around the world ebter your Region via Nintendo WiFi connection, and some new pokemon would fit in nicly. :D

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
Ok I thought a page back of the battle island beig home to the colloseums of PBR. Well I think it could work. You have the bastadon castle thing which could easily be like the seviper battle ground, the crystal caves which could go fairly easy as the pyramid like one, the waterfall with a climb the waterfall theme but with battles. Thats all I got and if not what I said then new styles. I can imagine going through the many halls of the bastadon look-a-like castle and find trainer after trainer.

Adam 1475

Entei > You
ACTUALLY I CAME UP WITH A GOOD IDEA!
Instead of Safari Zone having 1 mode with the 500 step and Safari balls thing, It can have 1 more; Pokeradar mode.
I HOPE YOU PROGRAMMERS ARE READING THIS!
Basically, You have your own pokeballs, But the safari wardens confiscate your master balls.
You chain a pokemon; e.g. Toxicroak.
You keep chaining, and if it breaks, your game is OVER and you must pay an extra 50,000 money if you wish to try a new chain, but the 1st pokemon you encounter is the same as the previous chain. So that means, there is 100% chance I will get a toxicroak on my first link, then the other random pokemon come in.
If you get a shiny (1st time) you get a bronze medal for your trainer card. 50th: Silver, 100th: Gold, 1000th: Platinum.

But of course, this is ONLY unlockable after the credits roll.

Yay me ^_^

Last edited:

Shinin

Minimalist
Adam 1475 said:
ACTUALLY I CAME UP WITH A GOOD IDEA!
Instead of Safari Zone having 1 mode with the 500 step and Safari balls thing, It can have 1 more; Pokeradar mode.
I HOPE YOU PROGRAMMERS ARE READING THIS!
Basically, You have your own pokeballs, But the safari wardens confiscate your master balls.
You chain a pokemon; e.g. Toxicroak.
You keep chaining, and if it breaks, your game is OVER and you must pay an extra 50,000 money if you wish to try a new chain, but the 1st pokemon you encounter is the same as the previous chain. So that means, there is 100% chance I will get a toxicroak on my first link, then the other random pokemon come in.
If you get a shiny (1st time) you get a bronze medal for your trainer card. 50th: Silver, 100th: Gold, 1000th: Platinum.

But of course, this is ONLY unlockable after the credits roll.

Yay me ^_^

Seems like a huge waste of money compared to the real safari zone. Plus, couldn't you just use the pokeradar in the safari zone for the same effect, minus the wasting of money and medals?

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
Yeah but we got stars already. But the medals sound cool. And we will have to see what the trainer card will go to considering battle island. HHHMMM you got a touch screen for the badges and your trainer card is text heavy so what will happen will we gewt a passport thing like in emerald or something cool like a??? im out of imagination :/

I know it won't happen in Platinum or in Generation IV, but I would like a more diverse choice of starters, like 10 choices instead of 3.

For Platinum, I would like a lot of early in-game trades, so peoples teams online aren't always filled with starters, ledgends, lucarios, and staraptors.

Adding on to the Gym Rematches: Players could get extra copies of their TM's (i.e. Roark's Stealth Rock and Gardenia's Grass Knot) for beating them again. I'm tired of treating TM's like Final Fantasy's MegaElixers.

BlueKirby

Beginning Trainer
I hope that we get to customize our Trainers. I've been wanting that ever since Pokemon Emerald came out. Look at the trainer in the screenshot of this game, he still has a red hat, a blue jacket and a white bag. I was expecting a White hat, it makes sense. But anyways, maybe that will be a new feature.

And I think the plot in the game will be even better than any other Pokemon game. Anyone remember the awesome cut-scene in Pokemon Emerald? Hopefully it will happen in Platinum! ^^

BCVM22

I know it won't happen in Platinum or in Generation IV, but I would like a more diverse choice of starters, like 10 choices instead of 3.

10 starters? I'm not sure that will happen... ever, really.

1. Pokemon Yellow
2. Why Not?

You're making the mistake of looking at it from the American perspective. In Japan, Blue Version was the "third version" for the first generation. It had the new sprites and other things we've since come to expect from the third games. Yellow came out a good 2 years later and was a quick effort to reuse the Red/Blue/Green template and release a product with Game Boy Color support. Yellow is an extra fourth version far more than it is the actual third version.

Stop the crap about "Riolu should be a starter," Penguin. Think of the children.

I hope that we get to customize our Trainers. I've been wanting that ever since Pokemon Emerald came out. Look at the trainer in the screenshot of this game, he still has a red hat, a blue jacket and a white bag.

That's just not all that likely. Not only does it raise the number of trainer sprites needed for the game exponentially, but what difference would it really make? A few differently colored pixels on your character's overworld sprite? A different back image that appears for 2 seconds at the start of each battle? That would just be a waste of resources.

--Shoal--

Hopefully in the next game they'll have more seals for the Pokeballs. Perhaps a shine seal that sends out sparkles in various colors. Personally, I'd love if there was a seal that imitated the sparkles shinies had in G/S/C. That was my favorite.

There could also be additional colors for the seals already present, such as adding green, blue, or purple smoke for the smoke seals already in existence.

I also expect Giratina to have a theme song of it's own, (Just as Suicune got its own theme in Crystal.) Either that, or it can share Dialga's and Palkia's theme song. Or, perhaps it can have a more ominous arrangement of the song.

I like the little intro to D/P's generic legendary theme but the rest of the song is pretty boring..

Mandude

1. Pokemon Yellow
2. Why Not?

Pokemon Yellow wasnt a third installment it was actually called Special Pikachu Edition, and thats all it was.
Because it would face the same problem that GSC had with Kanto. The cartrigde was so full from the programs for GSC that Kanto was cropped and pathetic. Even though the DS game cards hold more, they were almost full in DP, and since even more things are added in Platinum, there will be even less room.

ChariMence

They should add cutscenes, to add more to the story and make it more RPG-ish. But not cutscences like you bumb into someone and they talk; I mean like the one in Emerald. Likely won't happen, but the first post says what you HOPE for, and I hope for that =)

Status
Not open for further replies.