• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Metagame Updates and Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

complete legitimacy

pack that fudge
This would actually be more accurate...

Round 1
Player sent out Thundurus!
Opponent sent out Forretress!
Thundurus used Taunt!
The foe's Forretress can't use Spikes after the Taunt!

Round 2
Opponent withdrew Forretress!
Opponent sent out Blissey!
Thundurus used Nasty Plot!
Thundurus's Sp. Atk sharply rose!

Round 3
Thundurus used Nasty Plot!
Thundurus's Sp. Atk sharply rose!
The foe's Blissey used Toxic!
Thundurus was badly poisoned!

Round 4
Thundurus used Focus Blast!
The foe's Blissey lost 100% of its health!
The foe's Blissey fainted!
Thundurus is hurt by its Life Orb!
Opponent sent out Ferrothorn!
Thundurus is hurt by poison!

Round 5
Thundurus used Focus Blast!
The foe's Ferrothorn lost 100% of its health!
The foe's Ferrothorn fainted!
Thundurus is hurt by its Life Orb!
Opponent sent out Forretress!
Thundurus is hurt by poison!

You get the point after that. I may have thought differently before, but now I know for sure that Thundurus is truly broken. I think Thundurus would probably die to Life Orb recoil and poison after that. I'm also too lazy to do the calcs for +2 Focus Blast on Blissey, so I gave it the extra NP.

windsong

WEST SIDE
Thunderus is meh. He's easy to counter. Here's what happens in my team.

Turn 1:
Ambipom used fake out! Normal gem boosted power! Did more than 50% damage.
Turn 2:
Thunderus used T-wave!
Amibipom used double hit! Thunderus fainted.

IF i get i can move because of paralysis and die from T-bolt, I then send in Scarf Darmanitan for the kill.

Ambipom isn't a counter. And is a bad check. You lose against the thunderous if you switch in on TWave, Focus Blast, Substitute, Thunderbolt...all stuff that's really common.

Seriously, I'm voting Thunderbro not to be banned, but dumb posts like this make me want to reconsider since it shows that the average (bad) player thinks that because they can beat players who have a rating of 1150 and use Thunderous that Thunderous isn't broken even slightly. God, seriously...

GOLDENCRS

I'm a f***** Ponyta
Ambipom isn't a counter. And is a bad check. You lose against the thunderous if you switch in on TWave, Focus Blast, Substitute, Thunderbolt...all stuff that's really common.

Seriously, I'm voting Thunderbro not to be banned, but dumb posts like this make me want to reconsider since it shows that the average (bad) player thinks that because they can beat players who have a rating of 1150 and use Thunderous that Thunderous isn't broken even slightly. God, seriously...

Thundurus isn't broken, just easy to use. Bad players use it because it is straight-forward, like HO teams. (Which I find f****** retarded.) Skilled players should have a CHECK, but there is no counter to Thundurus. Yet, I haven't seen it used against me that much, so I wouldn't know. It is something that could both ways depending on how skilled you are at competitive battling.

Cometk

west side
*** Your rank in Standard OU is 46/28064 [1456 points / 107 battles]!

guess i'll post the team that got me reqs coz bored

Ferrothorn (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 208 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Power Whip

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Stealth Rock
- Wish
- Seismic Toss
- Protect

Tentacruel (M) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Rain Dish
EVs: 252 HP / 192 Def / 64 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Protect
- Scald

Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Substitute
- Protect
- Ice Fang
- Earthquake

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 40 SAtk / 216 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Thunder
- Body Slam
- Iron Head
- Wish

Politoed (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 40 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Scald
- Toxic
- Protect
- Perish Song

Vandslaux

4/252 Blissey can take +6 Focus Blast, mine's survived one.

EDIT: rank up and 1k posts!

Soperman

The One and Only

The reason why most pokemon in this metagame are banned is because there are so many bad players who cant counter them, and those pokes are strong and easy to sweep with.
Thunderus has NP and sweep. Simple as that.

Eranu™

I don't know if any of you have faced a SubNastyPlot thundurus in rain, but it's broken as ****.
Just sayin'.

Status
Not open for further replies.