• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Scherzando

scare-TZAN-doe
No shiny news for me, but congrats to those that got theirs :)

With Mega Gallade coming out, I've decided what I'm going to do. I'll likely need a Jolly nature if its base speed is 100 like Mega Gardevoir's, which means I'll need new parents. I want good IVs but that would mean hatching without the Masuda Method, and the fact that I may not get a male the first time (AND I need its HA) is making that seem too tedious. At least I still have my shiny charm...

As for Litwick, I didn't try getting a shiny; I just hatched about 20 eggs looking for a possible mother with good IVs so I'll continue that later. Ralts first!

Iwanuq

Iwan
Congrats to everyone on their most recent shinies!

I've been hunting in the Friend Safari, while I have been Soft Resetting for a Dratini in my Soul Silver Badge Quest, I think I have done about maybe 15 Hours + - an hour since I kind of delayed it for a while (no shiny yet but I have hope it will shine soon!). On my Pokémon X Hunt:So far I have gotten a shiny Frogadier, Sawk and a Pupitar. Good luck to everyone on their hunts!

Absolutely Absol

It's just Absol...
Well, it may be strange for not having my signature Pokémon...

Now I have that Pokémon!

oNLjnwL.jpg

BZPFnzT.jpg

It's absolutely Absol! xD Though it's hard to take photos during battle...

It took me about 240 eggs to hatch. :)

Anyway, congrats to anyone who got their shinies and, good luck to hunters!

Attachments

• oNLjnwL.jpg
    oNLjnwL.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 0

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Last night I resumed working on my Shiny hunts and did around 50 or so soft resets for my Shiny Rayquaza attempt on Ruby. I also hatched more Oddish eggs for my Masuda Method hunt last night and this morning as well; I hatched like 35 eggs in total and I'll work on hatching a few dozen more this afternoon as well.

MurderofKrow

Bird Brain
I got BQ #3 in B2, shiny Roggenrola in 3780 REs(I think this is my first RE with an even number, but I can't remember). I also got a shiny Murkrow in a random horde in Y. As well as losing a shiny Sawsbuck in the FS in Y.

Congrats to the recent shinies, especially -Illusionist on Torchic. Also good luck to all ongoing hunts, especially Storm_Dragoon on Mandibuzz, pokemaster13 on Chimchar(also sorry to hear about the Starly appearing), Cyberra on Regice, and ChaoticInverse on Torchic. Welcome to the thread Razorbadger.

Carcara

Congrats on pokemaster13 on Doduo, Kyle Clarthy on Porygon, Cyberra on HoohootX3 and Meowth, Storm Dragoon on Elektrike, Typhlosion_Hunter_Mark on Magikarp, GoldeenX2, Corpish, Crawdaunt and Gyarados, Tina on Latias, Absolutely Absol on,well, Absol and Shadowkrow on Murkrow (sorry about the Sawsbuck).
No news from me. I gave up getting the ideal mother for my Eevee. I'll just play with the cards i have, and i feel like that Eevee is coming. I was chaining for days, I must be very close to find a shiny. This has happened to me before, after many failed Bagon chains i hatched a shiny Litwick before the 20th egg.(I did catch a green Bagon some weeks ago. It's now a Shelgon, and I'll evolve it into Salamence when i have some time). Good luck to everyone on your hunts!

LilyValley

Useless Sceptile
I have a new puppy today! She's a lot more energetic and playful than my other dog, and she needs more attention. Tornadus will probably take a little longer to get. I also thought about hatching a shiny Ralts a while ago, and now that Mega Gallade was revealed, I think I will hatch 2 of them, and evolve them according to their gender. Since Gardevoir is Special and Gallade Physical, the Ralts I will hatch (or at least the first) will be either Hasty or Naive.

Last edited:

Gelatini Jejunator

Vote Vanillite! Wait
I'm currently trying to catch every wild shiny Pokemon possible in Kalos. I'm beginning on Route 2 by chaining, but so far I've already captured Skiddo, Furfrou, Poliwhirl and Cubchoo. This evening, I reached a chain of 38 Scatterbug only for it to break on chain 39 by a wild Fletchling. Guess I'll try again tomorrow...

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Well, I didn't have as productive a week as last week, but I still got a new shiny the other day. I was horde spamming on Route 11 for the heck of it, and as I was going home from work I could smell skunk. I bet it would foreshadow me getting a stunky, instead of one of the nidorans or starly. Yep, you bet, one shiny stunky appeared. :p LOL

It's female, modest nature, aftermath ability, and loves to eat.

Right now I'm horde spamming the winding woods since I have such a huge chance of fulfilling the community hunt there. Hopefully the game won't play tricks on me and give me sudowoodo instead.

Hexin' Wishes

Diva Extraordinaire
I did another 52 eggs between the past few days for a total of 104 eggs for my Shiny Scyther hunt but so far nada. :(

Congrats to everyone on their shinies! Thank goodness I came into this thread though because reading all your success stories has remoralized me for my hunt.

And good luck to those also on the hunt!

Typhlox

Typhlosion Trainer
Hey, guys! Congrats to so many people, I'm glad to see some of the long hunts are finally paying off. I hatched another 60 eggs for Froakie today, putting the total at 810 (finally switched out the 5V parent for a 6V parent). It's great to have a guaranteed 5V child. Hopefully this hunt doesn't break 1,000 eggs, but if it does, it does.

After the confirmation of Mega Camerupt the other day, I had a spur of the moment decision earlier to go to one of my FS and hunt one. Knowing that the FS has great odds, I'd figure I'd find one relatively quickly, and a nice quick hunt never hurt anybody. My worst fear would be that I'd get a shiny Phanpy, which I had already gotten from the same safari several months ago. Sure enough, 324 RE in, guess what I find? A shiny Phanpy. Needless to say, I was a little miffed.

Now, I've been double hunting using both of my 3DSs, because who wants one shiny when you can find two? Well, just a few minutes after I found my shiny Phanpy, this guy appears on the other screen.

[IMG139]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab259/FoxSean94/Shiny%20Pokemon/A83F1586-0EC2-4084-A601-4AE4CECE0D06_zpsq7id6ds0.jpg[/IMG139]
I've always loved Sneasel, and the fact that I finally can have a shiny Weavile is such a great feeling. Its IV spread is 18/21/31/31/21/5, which isn't amazing (that low speed...), but it could totally be worse. Getting the shiny Sneasel was a huge boost in morale after finding the duplicate Phanpy.

RNGesus was truly my friend tonight. I figured I'd continue my hunt in the Ground Safari that I found my Phanpy in just in case luck happened to be on my side and Camerupt would shine for me. Well, let's just say I'm glad I did: 47 RE after I found my shiny Phanpy this beautiful girl appeared.

[IMG139]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab259/FoxSean94/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-09/BCA724AB-8F09-4494-B19F-8303BDA2B59A_zpsctigo9pf.jpg[/IMG139]
Her IV spread is even worse at 21/1/31/18/5/31 with a Brave nature, but it doesn't matter as she's a trophy shiny and will just be used for a Shiny Mega Evolution.

That's all for tonight. Mareep hunt is up to 400 RE, about to start my Charmander MM, and Froakie still hasn't shone, but who can complain after three shinies in 2 hours? Good luck everybody, and I hope to see your hunts shine soon!

Last edited:

MDS777

The name's Riley
Congrats to pokemaster13 on Doduo, Kyle Clarthy on Porygon, Cyberra on three Hoothoot and Meowth (such a lovely ball), Storm_Dragoon on Electrike, Typhlosion_Hunter_Mark on Magikarp, Goldeen, Corphish, Crawdaunt and Gyarados, Tina on Latias, Absolutely Absol on Absol, Shadowkrow on Roggenrola and Murkrow. Sorry about the Sawsbuck :(, Gelatini Jejunator on Skiddo, Furfrou, Poliwhirl and Cubchoo, wobbanut on Stunky, Typhlox on Sneasel and Camerupt, and everyone else who I may have missed.

After 469 eggs I hatched shiny Inkay but wait.... its IVs are 31/31/31/x/31/31 meaning that it is my first ever perfect shiny!!! Ahhh I am so happy. :)
Here's a pic of him hatching

My next hunt will be Tynamo. Eelektross is a shiny I've always wanted and I thought it was necessary to MM for Tynamo after Inkay.

As always, good luck to everyone on their hunts. :)

Cyberra

pain in the ***
I was not expecting to get much hunting done today, since I had an appointment with friends on xbox live to finish off a Halo: Reach legendary run. Due to time zones, however, I had some time to kill, so I was doing some idle horde hunting on Route 7, not bothering to count hordes, when suddenly I heard sparkles.

I'd found a shiny hoppip. Community hunt complete x5!

My lead/sweet scenter was my shiny tropius. I was trying to concentrate on Halo and Y at the same time; I was attacking the other hoppip and hit razor leaf instead of stomp. When I realized what had happened my reaction was "OH SLAG NOOOOOO!", much to the confusion of the other people in my xbox game chat. But apparently the shiny gods were smiling on me today. It DODGED. The shiny DODGED the attack!

After stomping the other two remaining hoppips into fainting, I caught the shiny one in a heal ball (shiny jumpluff being pink). I them immediately saved my game. Once we'd finished playing Halo, I went to the battle chateau and evolved hoppip into jumpluff.

I do have pictures, but photobucket is down for maintenance, so I'll have to upload them later.

[IMG139]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Primus001/Shiny%20Pokemon/Picture6703_zps16c41815.jpg[/IMG139]

Edit: After 673 REs, the flying safari has yielded a second shiny tropius. Which means community hunt complete x6. And it looks like I've got another ponyta hunt on my hands here XP

Last edited:

Roseheart95

El Psy Congroo
Congratulations to Storm_Dragoon on Electrike (I hope you'll feel better soon! And please, please don't quit on that Mandibuzz!), Typhlosion_Hunter_Mark on Magikarp, Goldeenx2, Corphish, Cradaunt and Gyarados (and I love your chain fishing card!), Tina on Latias (and with Pokerus! That's some luck! :D), Absolutely Absol on Absol, Shadowkrow on Roggenrola and Murkrow (but sorry about Sawsbuck), Gelatini Jejunator on Skiddo, Furfrou, Poliwhirl and Cubchoo, wobbanut on Stunky, Typlox on Camerupt, Sneasal and Phanpy, MultiDarkShadow on Inkay and Cyberra on Hoppip!

Not much to say, except that I made it up to 2,445 REs on Route 33 yesterday.

Good luck to everyone hunting! Especially Storm_Dragoon!

Solfatara

Forest-Dweller
Hi, and congratulations on all recent shinies! I haven't been on for ages but have been keeping up fairly well, and I'm so glad to see that you finally got your route 32 shiny, Roseheart95, congratulations!! Ekans is such a good shiny. Good luck on your next hunt!
A special congrats goes to some that have stood out to me the last few pages or so: Typhlox on Pidgey for your BQ (That pidgeotto sprite is so great, I really want one for my own badge quest now), Tina on Latias, Illusionist on Torchic, Kyle Clarthy on Porygon, pokemaster13 on Spinarak, xKatie0391 on Vulpix, Ampharos_Spark on Koffing, and LilyValley on your overall great luck lately!

I just wanted to say I'm still alive despite not doing much hunting lately. It's been busy times and I've been enjoying my play-through of Y with my golden shiny team. All of them have evolved now except Growlithe (waiting for Outrage), and I've been enjoying some time off from constant hunting.
I have been doing a few REs here and there on my journeys for my HG BQ # 4, which stands at 1,945 REs on route 35, but I'm taking that quite easy, and seeing as there's lots to do with moving into a new house and getting prepared for my masters project I doubt it will hop along at a great pace. But I don't mind, it's nice to have a long-term project! I'm also planning on restarting a BQ on Y after going through the game.
I've also had an idea for a hunt which would be quite fun to do, trying to chain fish a shiny without using suction cups or surfing close to a rock. It would be more challenging and rewarding to get one that way, in my opinion.

I also have a question, has anyone else noticed that there's a little glitch when sending out shiny pokemon into battle in gen VI where the very first split second of it coming out of its pokeball it has the colours of a non-shiny? I noticed this first with poochyena and later confirmed it with azumarill which definitely has a blue colour before turning yellow.

Ok, good luck to everybody, especially those doing BQs and stuck with long hunts!
A special good luck to Storm_Dragoon on Mandibuzz and TheMaster327 on your rock smash hunt (I think if I were in your shoes I would do something like 2000 encounters for magikarp in lake of rage to at least make it a bit of a hunt and then pick gyarados if nothing shines quickly, that way it's still a short hunt and will get you ahead but not so short that there's no anticipation at all). Kudos on going through this kind of hunt though. I'm impressed!

Shαde

Oh... wow. You all are amazing. Just absolutely amazing. :) Hello, I'm here to join in the hunt for shinies. I thought that I'd do something fun for my first quest. In with the theme of the grass community hunt and the celebration of ORAS in two months, I thought I'd start off with a shiny Treecko.

My past shinies are: Eevee (now Espeon) from random breeding (I think I hatched like... 19 eggs trying to figure out how to breed IVs...) and an Aipom I randomly found in the Friend Safari. Both are living on my current X cartridge. I managed to get them a day apart from each other, but I haven't seen a single shiny since. The rest of my shinies have been obtained through trades and deals. So Treecko will be the very first Shiny I've purposefully tried to get. This is going to be scary. xD

In the meantime, I don't have a Shiny Charm, so I'm trading away my Treeckos for Pokemon. >_> Starting with the Pokemon that require Evolution Stones and trades and all that nasty stuff.

Ended my first chain hatching session at 71 hatches. No shinies so far.

Last edited:

Milennin

*hugs Absol*
Started breeding Ralts for Mega Gallade and found a shiny Adamant female Ralts with only 4 maxed IVs. I guess this thing is pretty worthless? (inb4pkmnhavefeelingstoo)

edit: Just found a 2nd shiny Adamant female Ralts (yay for my amazing luck), this one with 5 maxed IVs. If anyone is interested (doubt it) I'd be willing to give away one of them.

Last edited:

Sutittaja

Lightning zebra
OMG OMG, I'm just freaking out right now! I was soft resetting Johto Starter just for fun, when after about 724 SR later this appeared!

He is so beautiful. He is named after Egyptian god and he has Careful nature. Maybe I start Badge Quest too.

*Murkrow

Bird trainer
The Shiny Charm is now mine! I've stocked up on Heal Balls, run straight to Route 15 and have begun Horde encountering. Less than pleased to see that the sky is cloudy but I guess if it starts to rain then I can just move down to Route 16. Come to mama, Murkrow.*_*

Edit: And here comes the rain. Extending down into Route 16. Who thought rain interfering with Sweet Scent/Honey was a good idea?

Congrats on all the new shinies and good luck everyone. :)

Last edited:

ShiningKnightXY

<----Newest Shiny
Gah, so many hunts i want to do in so little time. Now with Mega Gallade's reveal, I want to get a shiny Gallade more than ever and that's adding to my Chespin and Klefki hunt. Being that Gallade has been that favorite Pokemon of mine that I sadly had to shun this gen with the new competitive meta, I might just end up doing that since I wouldn't mind seeing it return to my team triumphantly.