• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

TVDex

Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh!

After almost two weeks of non-stop SRing (I don't even know how many thousands of starters I saw) I FINALLY look down to scroll over to a BEAUTIFUL golden Cyndaquil! He's a gorgeous little boy, Quirky natured and he hates to lose. I love him. I've never successfully SRed for a Pokemon before (I hunted for Giratina years ago, gave up at 10,000) and I'm so, so excited to battle and get to know him. Anyway here are some pictures:

EScRPdE.jpg

UsntDWz.jpg

I guess I can say ;155; ;155; COMMUNITY HUNT COMPLETE!! ;155; ;155;

Congrats! I really wish my hunt had given me a Cindaquill since I already have a shiny Totodile xD But a shiny is a shiny, can't complain.

In other news, Ive been hunting for a shiny Abra on my daily twitch stream. I didn't actually get far in the hunt as it took me forever to get enough coins to be able to fill up a party of 5. Still hunting the Charmander in X as well, currently stocking up on some eggs that I plan to hatch this weekend. Good luck to everyone!

Cpchris

Shiny Hunter
Congrats to Azulart on Weedle, Typhlox on Treecko, serpent222 on Drowzee, maskofsanity1998 on both Karrablast, *Murkrow on Scyther, Luxy on Pumpkaboo, tonyg44x on Tangela and Meowth, Scrufox86 on Cranidos, Supremacy on Ralts, Cyberra on Houndour, Cyberra on Fletchling, Luxy on Chikorita, CharlieDoryRose on Pumpkaboo, Ashrose on Fennekin and Bulbasaur and Sentret and Feebas, Dangertrout on Cresselia and Torchic, Azulart on Ralts, Razorbadger on Swinub, TomoEGoto on Gurdurr, Scrufox86 on Litleo, GrayFire503 on Anorith, maldoror on Throh, jrmftw on Swirlix, Ampharos_Spark on Pumpkaboo (sorry to hear about your grandmother!), TomoEGoto on Dwebble and Slowpoke, serpent222 on Tentacool, Typhlox on Mudkip, Ashrose on Charmander, Psychic on Tentacool, Ampharos_Spark on Lugia (nice drawing!), Azulart on Ralts and Pidgey, pokefreak2014 on Scatterbug, Shadowkrow on Pichu and Shelmet, Paraqua on Goomy, Jeppo on Charmander, Storm_Dragoon on Bunnelby and Skiddo, serpent222 on Snivy, Typhlosion_Hunter_Mark on Dratini, maldoror on Throh, Typhlosion_Hunter_Mark on Growlithe, Drakonekoshi on Pumpkaboo, Razorbadger on Hoppip, Kacho on Inkay, Azulart on Sableye, Iwanuq on Spiritomb, LilyValley on Flabebe, Drakonekoshi on Pansear, TVDex on Totodile, Greedy Chibi on Riolu, Scrufox86 on Litleo, ZoRk on Weedle, 2rsa on Houndour, wobbanut on Lillipup, Ampharos_Spark on Grimer, TomoEGoto on Skitty (Happy birthday!), CharlieDoryRose on Cyndaquil, and everyone else on your shinies!

Thanks for the congrats, Ampharos_Spark!

Thanks for the good luck, Keane, Crimson Penguin, and 2rsa :)

-----------

Last month I ended up finding 4 shinies, so that was pretty decent for me. I haven’t hunted since November 3rd though – been busy with work, family visiting the last week, getting my room cleaned (a several-day process that included distractions of Voltorb Flip/E4-grinding). I also checked how many TMs I’ve used of T-bolt/Flamethrower/Ice Beam/Psychic, and after subtracting the three that I’ve found during the playthrough or with pokemon that learn them leveling up, I’ve gotten at least 150k coins from Voltorb Flip on HG alone x.X It’s no wonder I’m ready to be done with the game, but I want at least 4 of each of those TMs for future use…I have 3 each already, plus two more I have to find during the playthrough, so hopefully just 20k more coins :x

Finally got back to hunting after 10 days of not hunting, and did…100 REs >_> Black 2 is at 7,300 REs, Platinum’s at 5,600 REs, and HeartGold is at 2,400 HBs. Given my lack of hunting over the last 4-6 weeks, I think it’s pretty unlikely at this point that I’ll find either Swablu or Slowlpoke before the release of ORAS :x But I don’t mind too much – I’ll probably get the games on release and then not really play them, like I did with X/Y >.<

Good luck, everyone (especially markasdarkas, cocoadragon, Shadowkrow, ChaoticInverse, Keane, RaichuArcanine, eiger, pokemaster13, Tina, jrmftw, TheMaster327, and Lunafloon)!

Dangertrout

Just popping by for a quick update because I actually made progress on a BQ ^_^
Shiny Nidoran female on SS!! The exact one I wanted on that route! I'm prett stoked right now :p

gle!

Twilit Dragoon

*omnious thunderstorm*
Community Hunt Complete x4 -_-

Are you freaking serious? Of all the shinies to get:

[img139]http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t237/Storm_Dragoon/6th%20gen/1b8f3b4d-8f19-4565-8f0b-ec1cf2161247_zpsd0fa5097.jpg[/img139]

My game is such a troll, it knows I want shiny Minun, but it decides to give me a random shiny Plusle instead. I was really hoping that I could finally get Minun, until I saw the sparkles on its 'brother'. After fainting the Minun in the horde, I threw a Repeat Ball and caught it.

More pics:

A closer look
Shiny Plusle
Trainer ID
Timid nature

This is the 8th shiny in my hunt for shiny Minun, it just doesn't want to give me one. This game is totally trolling me, here's why:

The best part is one of the Minun in the horde had POKERUS. What the hell O_O? I just went to deposit my shiny Plusle to restart the Minun hunt and every single one of my team has Pokerus! This is totally amazing, seriously the odds of that happening are SLIM. I'm still in shock that I got a shiny AND Pokerus at the same time. This never happens to me XD. (Though it sucks because I have shinies in my party and I hate the symbol that Pokerus leaves behind).

Congrats on new shinies guys!

EDIT:

YESYESYESYESYES, shiny Minun is finally mine :D. Community Hunt Complete x 5!

Oh my god I'm so happy with this shiny, I was watching a few videos of Five Nights at Freddy's 2 when I saw the minty green Minun followed by sparkles <3. I'm soooo happy right now like you wouldn't believe :D.

[img139]http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t237/Storm_Dragoon/47c17d98-ab30-459a-bca1-43a15513005a_zps5c5a6fb0.jpg[/img139]

This hunt took me over 3 months and 8 other shinies to finally finish it. I'm so relieved that I can finally leave route 5 behind me for good. Battle was super quick, I just threw one Luxury Ball at it, and it was a critical capture to boot <3.

More pics:

Shiny Minun
Trainer ID
Lonely nature

I can finally put this behind me and focus on my other targets! I will say that waiting this long to get it was totally worth it :D.

Last edited:

umbreonfan3636

Congrats Typhlosion_Hunter_Mark on Growlithe (It looks like our BQs are taking similar paths), Razorbadger on Hoppip, TVDex on Totodile, wobbanut on Lillipup, Ampharos_Spark on Grimer, CharlieDoryRose on Cyndaquil!, and Dangertrout on Nidoran F!

Nothing new to report. I’m still in Ice Cave REing for Swinub or the Zubat line. I trained my main battlers to lvl 45 and now I am just REing until one shines. I am at ~2500 REs as of now.

Good luck Pluski on Route 43, pokemaster13 on Weedle, Sky on those Johto starters, Crimson Penguin on Eevee, TheMaster327 on Lugia (seriously though that’s dedication), Shabadoo on Zubat, TVDex on Abra, Cpchris on your HG BQ

EDIT: Cpchris, I think that Heracross has a higher chance of appearing in different areas of Johto/Kanto. Perhaps try a different area?

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
So I spent a couple of hours yesterday morning doing more soft resets for my Shiny Rayquaza hunt; I did around 200 or so SRs in total that day, which is a lot more than I usually do. I also hatched another 30 Magby eggs for my Shiny Magby hunt last night. Congrats to the people who found new Shinies as well.

2rsa

Shiny Hunter
OMG! OMG! CH complete!
I was done hatching Houndours today I thought let's take a break and Watch some good old Inspector Rex episodes and maybe SR for Latias a little. I'm so used to SRing while watching TV. Less that 20 SRs, The gorgeous golden Latias appeared!
She is so perfect. Well, Not really, Cause sync failed and she has the worst nature, Jolly! But I don't care. I love her. TT^TT
Here's some pics:
http://upload7.ir/imgs/2014-11/20578987744113585454.jpg
http://upload7.ir/imgs/2014-11/29342303122920804137.jpg
I've caught her in the 5th Luxary ball, And I'm guessing the total number of SRs is some where between 3,000 and 3,500.

Last edited:

Azulart

Shiny Hunter
How do you guys get images on this thread? When I do it it gets blocked :(..

Anyway, I am happy to announce that my Shiny buneary decided to pop out around the 72th Egg ! Is it me or do the shiny chances increase when you breed with the same species aswell?
(Jpn Buneary with a Eng Buneary) I have done this with my previous MM quests aswell and all dont even rise above the 100th Egg count while my other breeds with an JPN ditto and they took way longer..
intresting..

Here are the stats:

Female Buneary - Dream ball
Nature: Jolly
Abillity: Limber
Iv's: 31/31/31/x/20/31
- Flail
- Focus Punch
- Fake out
- Encore

Very happy with it ! Next target is Swablu in a Moon ball ^^.

Good luck fellow shiny hunters !

Last edited:

Dragonheart7

Dragon Trainer
Hello guys been some time but i been busy . Congrats to the people that got shiny , Keep up the good work !

So i started back hunting yes today and after 50 Froakie eggs 2 cute shiny Froakie decided to pop out, I think a good Welcome back =).

one
http://s1280.photobucket.com/user/JoeLight7/media/005_zpseff9d647.jpg.html?sort=3&o=31

http://s1280.photobucket.com/user/JoeLight7/media/004_zpsfbbdd00c.jpg.html?sort=3&o=32

Two

http://s1280.photobucket.com/user/JoeLight7/media/002_zps2e939eed.jpg.html?sort=3&o=33

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
CH completion list has been updated :)

Congrats for those with a new shiny and good luck for others still trying.

Question: what's a good nature for metagross? Taking future mega evolution into account

Adamant/Jolly, it's a physical sweeper

How do you guys get images on this thread? When I do it it gets blocked :( .....

What site are you using? Some image sites are blocked here. Also, remember to use the correct IMG tag (use [img139], not the standard tag)

[quote="AquaRegisteel, post: 17481687"]

Not much has been happening for me, shiny-wise. The most that has happened for me this weekend is that I have managed to fish up four female Shiny Goldeen in my search for a Carvanha. Needless to say, the fourth got a rage-induced nickname.

[If Goldeen is on the CH list, I can't remember, don't count mine please.]
[/QUOTE]

Goldeen is on the CH list, but if you don't want yours to be counted, then okay :)

[quote="Tagi, post: 17485403"]But I'm determined to get a shiny mareep before ORAS hits and I'm hunting in the area where wingull, miltank and tauros appear also so I might even finish a community hunt.[/QUOTE]

Wingull actually shouldn't count for the CH (not enough green, it's mostly white), but I apparently missed it when I checked the list at the start of this month >_<

I've decided to just keep it counted.

Anyway

from egg #401 (the first egg I hatched yesterday!), I present you one of the rarest shiny in this thread:

[img139]http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll201/Aura_Sphere/buffalo_zps36c86ed5.jpg[/img139]

Shiny Bouffalant :D

She unfortunately didn't get her mother's HA, but I'm okay with that since all three of its abilities are good.

Also, [b]Community Hunt Complete[/b] :D

Pluski

Congratulations on all new shinies, and thanks to Crimson Penguin and umbreonfan3636 for the luck!

No shiny news yet. My Badge Quest hunt has now reached 6175 RE's on Route 43, which makes it the second longest hunt in the Badge Quest so far. However, I do expect this one to go over the odds because of the luck I've had earlier, so it's probably a long way to go before something shines.

Good luck to everyone hunting, especially those with Badge Quests!

Is it me or do the shiny chances increase when you breed with the same species aswell?
(Jpn Buneary with a Eng Buneary) I have done this with my previous MM quests aswell and all dont even rise above the 100th Egg count while my other breeds with an JPN ditto and they took way longer..
intresting..

Actually, I've been wondering about the same thing. I usually get shinies a lot faster if I use two Pokémon of the same kind instead of Ditto. Only three of my 17 MM hunts went over 500 eggs when I've used Pokémon of the same kind.

Last edited:
Congratulations everyone on the shinies! I wish I had half as much luck/patience as you guys.

OMG! OMG! CH complete!
I was done hatching Houndours today I thought let's take a break and Watch some good old Inspector Rex episodes and maybe SR for Latias a little. I'm so used to SRing while watching TV. Less that 20 SRs, The gorgeous golden Latias appeared!
She is so perfect. Well, Not really, Cause sync failed and she has the worst nature, Jolly! But I don't care. I love her. TT^TT
Here's some pics:
http://upload7.ir/imgs/2014-11/20578987744113585454.jpg
http://upload7.ir/imgs/2014-11/29342303122920804137.jpg
I've caught her in the 5th Luxary ball, And I'm guessing the total number of SRs is some where between 3,000 and 3,500.
I am jealous beyond belief ;o;.

In other news, I managed to (finally) get my first shiny since like Diamond. I tried Poke-radaring again and apparently I still suck (no surprise there), but I managed to get a shiny Gogoat with a chain of 2.

Nack Firestorm

Unlucky Dragon!
Congrats to everyone who got a shiny they wanted recently, seems like the random number generator likes you.

Anyways, on my Bagon hunt, I've hatched 305 eggs and counting. It may seem like a rather small number, but including all the Friend Safari encounters I had for a shiny anything, this is starting to get ridiculous. Hopefully, I won't go into the thousands and still not have a Shiny Bagon by next week.

Crimson Penguin

Marchin' on
Congrats to Drakonekoshi on Pumpkaboo, Pansear, and Weedle, Razorbadger on Hoppip, Tagi on Wingull and Mareep (sorry about Shuppet though), Kacho on Inkay, Azulart on Sableye and Buneary, Iwanuq on Spiritomb and Buneary, TheShinyLunatone on Vivillon, LilyValley on Flabebe, TVDex on Totodile, Greedy Chibi on Riolu, KittyKitty3308 on all your shinies, *Murkrow on Sandile x2 and Vullaby, Scrufox86 on Litleo, ZoRk on Tauros and Weedle, 2rsa on Houndour and Latias, wobbanut on Lillipup and Magikarp, Ampharos_Spark on Grimer, TomoEGoto on Skitty (happy birthday!), CharlieDoryRose on Cyndaquil, Dangertrout on Nidoran F, Storm_Dragoon on Plusle and Minun, Dragonheart7 on Froakie x2, Shine on Bouffalant, Fissurous on Gogoat, and anyone else I may have missed on your shinies!

Thanks to Shy and umbreonfan3636 for the luck!

Still no sparkles to be found... Eevee is now at 7125 SRs, Route 7 is at 1500 REs, and Sigilyph is holding at 180 eggs. Only a week to go before ORAS, so I'd really like to get something before then, but unfortunately I have tons of studying to do next week for exams, so not sure how much more hunting I'll be able to do in that time. I did have a dream last night that I found a shiny Mew though, so that's something. XD

Good luck to all of you on your hunts, especially TheMaster327, Lorde, Shy, pokemaster13, TVDex, AquaRegisteel, Cpchris, and Pluski!

eiger

Shiny Hunter
Big congratulations to all of you with you're recent shinies!

I am at 4720 eggs for Beldum, hatched 4 shinies so far. But still not the one I am looking for. Damn, I hope I find it before ORAS comes out!!
I had hoped I could make a complete shiny team for my ORAS game, but I am still stuck at the first one :p.
Oh well, lets get back to it.

Good luck to all of you!

Iwanuq

Iwan
So congrats to everyone on their shinies!!!

Instead of hunting for a Mudkip like I said I was going to I chose a different path and that decided to be a Kangaskhan, egg 287 out of 300 decided it wanted to shine. So shiny Kangaskhan! I was so happy, I've now moved onto hunting a lavitar in a rareball! So wish me luck because these gals/guys take forever to hunt due to hatching. Anywho may I ask how do you guys upload pics? I've tried from my phone/iPad and can't seem to figure it out. If anyone is on Instagram follow me at yawn907 that's where I upload all of my pictures too. Sorry for that little spule. Once again congrats and good luck to everyone hunting! I hope the shine is with you all :)

Shy

★★★★★
Update: Phase 3 Mudkip - 4,500 SR (13,022 Total), Johto Starters - 3,500 SR (10,500 Seen)

I didn't hunt yesterday, but I made up for it by doing double the amount of soft resets tonight. 500 soft resets each (x_x), 2,000 seen to be exact. There's only a week left until ORAS so I hope I meet my goals before then.

Thanks to Umbreonfan3636 and Crimson Penguin for the good luck wishes! The best of luck with your hunts as well!

Congratulations everyone! Especially to TVDex on Totodile, Greedy Chibi on Riolu, Scrufox86 on Litleo, ZoRk on Weedle, 2rsa on Houndour and Latias (!), wobbanut on Lillipup (and Pokerus), Ampharos_Spark on Grimer, TomoEGoto on Skitty (Happy Late Birthday!), CharlieDoryRose on Cyndaquil, Dangertrout on Nidoran, Storm_Dragoon on Minun (and Pokerus), Azulart on Buneary, Dragonheart7 on Froakie (x2!), Shine on Bouffalant, Eiger on Beldum (Hopefully you get the one you're looking for!), and Iwanug on Kangaskhan.

Good luck everyone! Especially to those with hunts over odds.

ShiningKnightXY

<----Newest Shiny
Congratulations on all new shinies, and thanks to Crimson Penguin and umbreonfan3636 for the luck!

No shiny news yet. My Badge Quest hunt has now reached 6175 RE's on Route 43, which makes it the second longest hunt in the Badge Quest so far. However, I do expect this one to go over the odds because of the luck I've had earlier, so it's probably a long way to go before something shines.

Good luck to everyone hunting, especially those with Badge Quests!

Actually, I've been wondering about the same thing. I usually get shinies a lot faster if I use two Pokémon of the same kind instead of Ditto. Only three of my 17 MM hunts went over 500 eggs when I've used Pokémon of the same kind.

I have had more issues, I gave up on Pawniard when the two Bisharps, both from different countries, took over 1500 eggs/ Tyrunt on the other hand barely took 70 with both Tyrunt I was breeding with so who knows. Same species does yield more eggs though, so there is a definite grain of truth in this.

serpent222

Congrats on all the successful hunts.

Just popping in to share this little bit. I was trying to find out what was in a new safari and stumbled upon a shiny. A stunfisk. The absolute worst pokemon in my book, and I found a shiny.

Mega Typhlosion

After weeks of waiting, I finally found my shiny Bagon! :D
It hatched on the 775th egg. 5IV, missing HP. Not perfect, but at least it's not missing Speed or SpAtk...

And this means I accidentally completed the Community Hunt lol