• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Dangertrout

My X file has been fairly generous with shinies over the last couple days: Hatched a shiny Rattata and found a shiny Eevee, and 2 Audino in FS ^_^

TheShinyLunatone

VAMPIRE LORDS!
Congrats on all recent shinies my friends!

took a break from my elusibve target in order to get mny oras team ready and RE in friend safari.

good luck to those still hunting abpve all, on that lugia to theMaster327

Congrats on all the successful hunts.

Just popping in to share this little bit. I was trying to find out what was in a new safari and stumbled upon a shiny. A stunfisk. The absolute worst pokemon in my book, and I found a shiny.

if you dont want it i'll give you a xerneas for it, tunfisk is the high king of all pokemon, only bidoof is better than stunfisk, do not insult theirt mighty awesomeness!
stunfisk ids a well of untapped potential and my loveley Dolores the stunfisk shall reign supreme on my oras team.
love the stunfisk
keep the stunfisk
be the stunfisk.

well this was fast!
meet Destruction the magician braxien!!
WIN_20141115_124900.jpg

Last edited:

*Murkrow

Bird trainer
1300SR'S/2600 Archen revived. The Shiny Charm is free to start working whenever it feels like it. I will probably do some more later tonight.

I'm now off until next Saturday and along with other things to do, I'm going to try and get some hunting in each day. My Beautifly FS is now registered so I might swap out to that for a day or so, give myself a bit of a change (and let my hand rest a bit because ouch). I wouldn't mind using shiny Beautifly in my Sapphire playthrough so I guess it should be the priority, but I do want Archen to shine soon.

Congrats on new shinies. :)

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
I just hatched a 4ivmale timid snoring, I was just breeding for a new 5iv froslass so I will take this little gift gracefully.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Community Hunt Complete x2 lol

That was incredibly fast. In fact, this has taken away Seedot's spot as my fastest MM so far.

[img139]http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll201/Aura_Sphere/goldpine_zps9323f2bb.jpg[/img139]

In only 14 eggs, a Shiny Pineco hatched :D

Unfortunately, the IVs are not good, since she shows up while the MM was still in the beginning, which means the Pineco parent isn't a 5IV one since I haven't got one yet.

But on the good side, she gets her mother's HA :p

TVDex

Well I've been continuing my Heart Gold stream and recently reached the Gamecorner. After an hour of wasted time gaining the coins from that horrible Voltorb game, I began to hunt Shiny Abra. I did five at a time and not very long into todays stream I managed to obtain the Shiny Abra! Video below :) Also make sure to lower your volume a bit, I can get a little loud when I find shiny Pokemon xD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjmfVSgyf-0

Iwanuq

Iwan
Hello all, I'm back again, so today took a break from my latest MM and decided to go into a safari. Not long after I was running around a shiny tranquill decided to grace my screen, so community hunt complete . Now I'm gonna go back to hatching/collecting eggs again. Good luck to everyone!

Edit decided to horde hunt in the frost cavern unfortunately I didnt hear the sparkles, but I noticed the color difference, but shiny cubchoo decided to grace my screen and I caught him :)

Edit 2 decided to hunt during lunch and found a shiny charmeleon! Community hunt complete again

Last edited:

Dragonheart7

Dragon Trainer

Spacial

procrastination
Last week I found 2 shinies in one day :D the first was a shiny Numel that I had been MMing for, which came out shiny on egg 457 with no Shiny Charm. Its part of a shiny hunt that im doing for my clan and so far nobody else has gotten a shiny. The second was a completely random Trevenant that just popped up while I was EV training a Pokemon.

ChaoticInverse

<--31,000 incounting
Congrats on all the new shinies!

I'm at 2650 sr's for a johto starter (hoping for either cyndaquil or totodile but I've got all of them already) and I'm thinking it'll probably be the start of a badge quest since I kind of miss hunting in older gens. I'm also at 50 Horde encounters for minun/plusle.

I've put my torchic hunt on old as of right now. I really want it but I think I'm going to wait until after ORAS has come out and I've gotten through that hype. I'm most likely going to sr for either a mudkip or treecko for ORAS.

Congrats once again on all the shinies, good luck! and a special good luck to TheMaster327, you seriously need that Lugia already!

Azulart

Shiny Hunter
And I am back with another MM ORAS shiny quest completed <3 I really think the theory I said before works, this one again reaches not even the 100th egg count

[img139]http://pldh.net/media/pokemon/gen6/xy-animated-shiny/333.gif[/img139][img139]http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120114221506/pokemon/images/6/6f/Moon_Ball_Sprite.png[/img139]
Nature: Modest
Abillity: Natural Cure
IV's: 31/x/12/31/31/31
- Hyper Voice
- Feather dance
- Power swap
- Agillity

Nack Firestorm

Unlucky Dragon!
And I am back with another MM ORAS shiny quest completed <3 I really think the theory I said before works, this one again reaches not even the 100th egg count

[img139]http://pldh.net/media/pokemon/gen6/xy-animated-shiny/333.gif[/img139][img139]http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120114221506/pokemon/images/6/6f/Moon_Ball_Sprite.png[/img139]
Nature: Modest
Abillity: Natural Cure
IV's: 31/x/12/31/31/31
- Hyper Voice
- Feather dance
- Power swap
- Agillity

What is this theory you speak of? I already hatched around 450 Bagons and 1,000+ RE in my Friend Safaris and still no shiny. Tell me your secrets ;-;. Also, congrats on your golden cloud. I'm sure it's going make a great Golden fairy cloud that's also a dragon.

Anyways, for an update, as you saw from up there, my luck kinda sucks. I'm sure some have worst luck, but at least they have patience.

*Murkrow

Bird trainer
Ended up spending most of yesterday evening doing Pokémon stuff. I did another 100 SR's for Archen, then headed off to the Beautifly/Butterfree FS. Very early this morning, after around 2 1/2 hours (non-continuous) RE'ing there, I found this guy:

[img139]http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff320/Hkrow/Shinies/P1040271_zps174a49a0.jpg[/img139]

My very first shiny (outside of Gyarados) was a shiny Butterfree in my Silver version. This guy was a lot easier to catch than that old one (Bug Catching Contest with an Eevee who got poisoned. If the ball hadn't caught it, then Eevee would have fainted at the end of the turn). Said Butterfree was deleted a long time ago when the battery of Silver died.

So even though he's not the Beautifly I wanted, I'm okay with it. :) May change my tune if turns into another Sandile vs Vullaby situation.

One/Two

Today has apparently been my designated 'lazy day' of my time off. :p I've done 3 more hours RE'ing in the FS and got up to 1500SR's/3000 Archen revived. I think one of those shiny Sandile ate my Shiny Charm.

Good luck to everyone and congrats on new shinies. :)

Edit: 1600SR's/3200 Archen revived. That's enough for today.

Last edited:

xKatie0391

Oh damn, I just soft reset over a shiny Eevee :( Eurghhh... back to it I guess

Pilpulp

美的
Trying to complete my National Dex and saw I needed Arbok. So I go to route 19 and start sweet scenting...

Oh a Gligar hoard?

Run.

Right as I'm pressing run, I see one of them is blue.

Good luck to everyone on their hunts! Take 5 seconds before pressing run!

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
So yesterday afternoon after getting back from work, I hatched around 40 more Magby eggs that I had previously stored inside my PC for my Shiny Magby MM attempt. I also did around 60 soft resets for my Shiny Rayquaza hunt, but no luck as usual. I'm gonna try and find Friend Safari Shinies tonight though, so wish me luck. :p

TVDex

Managed to do 550 Soft Resets on my Heart Gold stream. Few friends of mine decided to join this challenge that I am on so we turned it into a race. Hopefully my Eevee shines soon :)

MrConfusedTurkey

Trying to complete my National Dex and saw I needed Arbok. So I go to route 19 and start sweet scenting...

Oh a Gligar hoard?

Run.

Right as I'm pressing run, I see one of them is blue.

Good luck to everyone on their hunts! Take 5 seconds before pressing run!

I would have screeched so hard.