• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Jeppo

Picked up a MM to get myself a shiny Shinx. I had a 6 IV parent I coupled with a japanese Kecleon. On the 94th egg it decided to shine!

[img139]http://i1369.photobucket.com/albums/ag205/JK_91/6670d598-3f52-4142-a76d-29ad91e10910_zps60295c84.jpg[/img139]

It's Adamant and has 4 IVs, missing HP and Special Attack, which isn't much of a deal. Fortunately it's a male and has Intimidate. Not sure how I'm so lucky with MM'ing so far, because back in White 2 I literally never got a Pokémon to shine. This is without shiny charm aswell. I'm really glad I got it so early, because I think it's one of the most beautiful shinies there is.

Next stop, Eevee and a shiny Umbreon!

Dangertrout

When you can't remember which shinies you do or don't have, it may be a sign that you have too many >.<
I was disappointed when I found what I thought was my second shiny stunky in a horde last night, but after digging through my 6 shiny boxes in X I've come to the conclusion that I never had one in the first place :p
So, yay shiny stunky! Back to my hunt for a NidoranF for my X shiny dex (since I'm using my BQ shiny and won't have the first 2 forms when i get around to sending up my soon-to-be Nidoqueen)

CharlieDoryRose

Dragon Freak
Congratulations to everybody on their wonderful new shinies! I'm sorry to make a blanket post but I've ordered pizza and it could turn up any second so I'm trying to be quick!

I was hunting on rt 32 on SS for my second BQ shiny and a cute little pink sheep came gambolling across my screen... wait, WHAT?!

I caught a shiny Mareep! She was the one on the route I wanted most, I feel so lucky! I named her Amaranth (after the flower) and now she's evolved into a Flaffee.

ECh5HWf.jpg

u11L8Ai.jpg

Good luck to everybody on their hunts!! I hope your targets all sparkle for you soon!!

*Murkrow

Bird trainer
so guys., has it been conirmed that using 2 parents of the same species works better for mm??

You need a heck of a lot more data to confirm something like that. Smogon's thread looking into the Shiny Charm and Masuda Method originally had a minimum goal of 50,000 eggs hatched (and they've gone way, way beyond that now). A handful of shinies hatched in low numbers doesn't mean anything.

Anyway, I found my shiny Beautifly yesterday after 5 hours and 20 minutes hunting.

[img139]http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff320/Hkrow/Shinies/P1040276_zps17bc9516.jpg[/img139]

One/Two

She has a -Special Attack nature, even though it's her highest base stat and also managed to get one of the 31 IV's in it. Of course. I was planning on getting her EV trained and then using her in Sapphire, but it clicked that by the time she'll obey me, she'll probably have started to lag behind everything else. I may give her a try, though.

But before that, I need to get Archen to shine. Up to 2000SR's/4000 Archen revived now. So within less than 100 more, I'll have hit the regular shiny odds; nevermind the Shiny Charm odds, which I'm way, way past now.

Congrats on new shinies- in particular the long awaited shiny Lugia- and good luck on all the hunts. :)

Crystagon

...It's been a while since my last shiny hunt, huh?

Anyway, I've recently been hunting for a shiny Trapinch, and guess what? It hatched just a few minutes ago! don't ask how many eggs it took because I don't even know
... Unfortunately, though, it has an IV spread of 31/31/31/31/xx/19 (Naive nature), so that's two 'unlucky' shinies. Oh well... I'll train it anyway.

Congrats to everyone for their recent shinies, and good luck to those still hunting!

serpent222

So I got lucky (relatively speaking) this morning. While waiting for my car to be repaired, I started hatching some boxed eggs I had (65). When I got to the last 20, I hatched TWO Shiny Zorua's. Both 5IV's, both Rash. One is missing attack, which is tolerable. The other is missing Special Defense, making him a flawless. After that, I caught a shiny foongus in only the 4th horde I encountered.

Guess the universe figured it owed me something after dropping $1400 in car repairs.

Azulart

Shiny Hunter
@Lunatone

Its not confirmed, I found it weird however that since I used that method my shinies pop alot faster ( in a MM row of 5 times within 100 eggs now ).
Due thats my expercience its not confirmed or anything by other sources. Maybe try it out yourself and see if it works with you too, who knows it might be something it is not yet discoverd or proven.

Good luck hunting fellow shinies my target for now is an Onix currently on 36 Eggs.

Razorbadger

Congrats to Tagi on Wingull and Mareep, Kacho on Inkay, Azulart on Sableye, Buneary, Swablu and Audino, Iwanuq on Spiritomb and Kangaskhan, LilyValley on Flabebe, Drakonekoshi on Pansear and Weedle, TVDex on Totodile and Abra, Greedy Chibi on Riolu, *Murkrow on Vullaby, Butterfree and Beautifly, Scrufox86 on Litleo, 2rsa on Houndour and Latias, wobbanut on Lillipup, Ampharos_Spark on Grimer and Zubat, TomoEGoto on Skitty and Buneary, CharlieDoryRose on Cyndaquil and Mareep, Dangertrout on Nidoran, Rattata, Eevee, Both Audino and Stunky, Storm_Dragoon on Plusle and Minun, Dragonheart7 on both Froakie and Treecko, Shine on Bouffalant and Pineco, Fire Hero on Bagon and Miltank, Ponymon on Numel and Trevenant, i2i on Swablu, CpChris on Axew, ebevan91 on Scyther, Jeppo on Shinx, Crystagon on Trapinch, serpent222 on both Zoura and anyone else I missed on your shinies.

Thanks to Shy, pokemaster13, Ampharos_Spark, CpChris, umbreonfan3636 and Crimson Penguin for the congrats.

Extra special congrats to TheMaster327 on finding Lugia and completing your Badge Quest, so happy that it finally decided to stop being Bluegia.

Well it had to happen sooner or later, Six Island is the first of the Sevii Islands that has passed the odds (Three Island technically did, but that was over two phases). The hunt currently stands at 8,400 REs and I'm not sure whether to be sad or happy. On the one hand short hunts are always welcome and it would have been nice to have finished this quest before ORAS next week but on the other hand I was starting to feel a bit guilty about having so many hunts so far under the odds whilst various other people have been having hunts go over 20k. Also it feels kind of nice to have a hunt go over the odds, at least as long as it doesn't start reaching ridiculous numbers.

Speaking of ORAS next week, the later release in the UK irritated me at first, especially considering the global release of X & Y, but now I appreciate that it gives me a chance to get a Six Island shiny before putting all hunts on hold for the new game. When it does come out here I plan to SR for Mudkip as I've never played through a whole game with a shiny on my team before. The later release gives me a chance to know what these SRs will be like. Whilst I don't see any reason for them to change it from the originals where you could save in front of the bag with the Pokeballs in, this is GameFreak we are talking about and I wouldn't put it past them to dump a minute of dialogue on us, a la X & Y. By the UK release we'll also probably have an idea of the status of legendary shiny locks. Although I'm not holding out much hope on that one, with so many being in the game there is an outside chance that some of them that aren't important to the story aren't locked I guess.

Good luck hunting everyone :)

AmazingChi

Volcanic Rage
Congrats on all the shinies, people!

Y Badgequest has climbed to 5k REs (so yes, I finally get to complain - but I won't as it's still 6th Gen odds) and Mudkip MM now at a nice 400 eggs too. Got bored and wanted a shiny so decided to fish up something I didn't already have but didn't care that it wouldn't be competitive so after one messed up chain, the second produced a shiny Luvdisc at No.7. Why can't the others be that fast...?

Good luck to one and all!

Cyberra

pain in the ***
At last, I am back with something to post about!

I'm still running around in the normal safari, and FINALLY something has shone. After 3,860 REs, I get a green teddy bear! Female shiny teddiursa, bold nature, max stats in HP and DEF but a big fat goose egg in ATK. I'll have to post a picture tomorrow.

Community hunt complete x3!

As for my other hunts...

Virizion has reached 12,650 SRs and counting. I have been a busy little bibarel lately, managed to get some good hunting time in. She's still staying stubbornly green, though.

Deino is still being a pain in the backside. It's up to 1,430 eggs and stubbornly refusing to shine. But I'll get the darn thing. Eventually...

Pluski

Congratulations on all the new shinies! And thanks to Crimson Penguin and Ampharos_Spark for the luck - I wish you good luck as well on your hunts.

Unfortunately, I haven't got a new shiny myself yet. My hunt for my sixth Badge Quest shiny at Route 43 has now reached 8520 RE's, which means that unless I find a shiny in less than 16 more RE's, this will be the longest hunt in my Badge Quest so far.

Good luck to everyone hunting, especially those with Badge Quests!

pokemaster13

Shiny Hunter!
First off, congrats to everyone who's gotten a shiny recently! Sorry for the blanket congrats; I think my last post was awhile ago.

Nothing has shone for me yet. Chimchar is at 15,840 SRs, Snivy is at 1,260 SRs, and Weedle is now at ~12,350 REs. In terms of REs/SRs, Chimchar is edging ever closer to taking the spot as my second longest hunt ever. Just hoping it doesn't become the longest.

Good luck on all of your hunts!

umbreonfan3636

Congrats to everyone on their recent shinies, especially that Lugia!

No shiny news, but I am up to ~3500 REs in Ice Cave. The longer that I am at it the more I want the one to shine to be Swinub.

Good luck everyone, especially normal odds folks!

Supremacy

Shiny Hunter
I'm a bit late posting this, but about 3 days ago after ~900 eggs (messed up my egg count) the third shiny Ralts hatched. I went straight to the nickname screen to check the gender right away and it was male! BUT that's where the good news ends because it ended up without its hidden ability and an imperfect speed IV.. :[ I was willing to settle for a non hidden ability shiny male Ralts as long as the IVs were right but luck just isn't on my side with this hunt. I'm feeling a bit demotivated now since it seems I won't be able to get this hunt done before ORAS but oh well. Also, sorry I couldn't post a picture this time, my camera is dead atm. Anyways, I'll continue this hunt for now, maybe I'll get lucky and hatch the dream Ralts before ORAS.

Gratz on all the recent shinies and good luck everyone!

Neji-and-Pidgeot

After finding 3 shiny Stunky, 3 Shiny male nidoran, and a shiny starly from hordes while looking for shiny female nidoran for my AS team I think I may just pokebank one that I chained in my platinum version since I chained 8 of them a few years ago. I'm at 7644 SR's for articuno to complete the trio. This is by far my longest SR hunt by almost 2000 SR's.

LilyValley

Useless Sceptile
I just found shiny Tornadus! (At least, it is in the Pokédex. I still need to track it down.) This means my first shiny roamer.

Now I caught it with a Quick Ball. This Tornadus is Quirky and it looks like a perfect IV in SpDef. It would probably do best in Therian Form.

Zekromaster826

Casual Shiny Hunter
Hey everyone, grats on the recent shinies (blanket grats cause its been a while) When smash came out I kinda lost my desire for shiny hunting but with ORAS HYPE returning, I wanted to get a shiny in XY before ORAS gets released, I went in a flying safari with hopes of Pidgey and got a Hoothoot! She has the NN Kaepora (the owl from Orcarina of Time) with her HA and a modest nature (pretty good I must say) GL to those hunting, I'm gonna evolve her then keep trying for that Pidgey

ShiningKnightXY

<----Newest Shiny
Well, I was gonna upload a photo of the shiny, but of course my phone can't do it right. I will upload pictures in the future when I can. The shiny I caught was nice, but not my main target. I got a female shiny adamant Pawniard with Max IVs in HP and Sp. Atk from the safari. I will probably still keep hunting and hope I don't get a duplicate. I have no idea what to name her though because she wasn't expected so I would gladly take suggestions. Congrats to everyone, especially LilyValley on the Tornadus, I personally never had the patience for a roaming shiny. A special good luck to Dangertrout, getting another Stunky is just rotten luck. Otherwise I hope everyone's hunts go as planned.

TVDex

1200 SRs for the Eevee on my Heart Gold soft reset Challenge. I only soft reset while streaming so I don't get to put in as much as I could. Still increasing slowly.