1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Discussion in 'General Pokémon Discussion' started by Dangertrout, Nov 13, 2012.

1. AmazingChi

AmazingChi Volcanic Rage

Congrats on all the shinies, people!

Y Badgequest has climbed to 5k REs (so yes, I finally get to complain - but I won't as it's still 6th Gen odds) and Mudkip MM now at a nice 400 eggs too. Got bored and wanted a shiny so decided to fish up something I didn't already have but didn't care that it wouldn't be competitive so after one messed up chain, the second produced a shiny Luvdisc at No.7. Why can't the others be that fast...?

Good luck to one and all!

2. Cyberra

Cyberra pain in the ***

At last, I am back with something to post about!

I'm still running around in the normal safari, and FINALLY something has shone. After 3,860 REs, I get a green teddy bear! Female shiny teddiursa, bold nature, max stats in HP and DEF but a big fat goose egg in ATK. I'll have to post a picture tomorrow.

Community hunt complete x3!

As for my other hunts...

Virizion has reached 12,650 SRs and counting. I have been a busy little bibarel lately, managed to get some good hunting time in. She's still staying stubbornly green, though.

Deino is still being a pain in the backside. It's up to 1,430 eggs and stubbornly refusing to shine. But I'll get the darn thing. Eventually...

3. Pluski

Pluski Well-Known Member

Congratulations on all the new shinies! And thanks to Crimson Penguin and Ampharos_Spark for the luck - I wish you good luck as well on your hunts.

Unfortunately, I haven't got a new shiny myself yet. My hunt for my sixth Badge Quest shiny at Route 43 has now reached 8520 RE's, which means that unless I find a shiny in less than 16 more RE's, this will be the longest hunt in my Badge Quest so far.

Good luck to everyone hunting, especially those with Badge Quests!

4. pokemaster13

pokemaster13 Shiny Hunter!

First off, congrats to everyone who's gotten a shiny recently! Sorry for the blanket congrats; I think my last post was awhile ago.

Nothing has shone for me yet. Chimchar is at 15,840 SRs, Snivy is at 1,260 SRs, and Weedle is now at ~12,350 REs. In terms of REs/SRs, Chimchar is edging ever closer to taking the spot as my second longest hunt ever. Just hoping it doesn't become the longest.

Good luck on all of your hunts!

5. umbreonfan3636

umbreonfan3636 Well-Known Member

Congrats to everyone on their recent shinies, especially that Lugia!

No shiny news, but I am up to ~3500 REs in Ice Cave. The longer that I am at it the more I want the one to shine to be Swinub.

Good luck everyone, especially normal odds folks!

6. Supremacy

Supremacy Shiny Hunter

I'm a bit late posting this, but about 3 days ago after ~900 eggs (messed up my egg count) the third shiny Ralts hatched. I went straight to the nickname screen to check the gender right away and it was male! BUT that's where the good news ends because it ended up without its hidden ability and an imperfect speed IV.. :[ I was willing to settle for a non hidden ability shiny male Ralts as long as the IVs were right but luck just isn't on my side with this hunt. I'm feeling a bit demotivated now since it seems I won't be able to get this hunt done before ORAS but oh well. Also, sorry I couldn't post a picture this time, my camera is dead atm. Anyways, I'll continue this hunt for now, maybe I'll get lucky and hatch the dream Ralts before ORAS.

Gratz on all the recent shinies and good luck everyone!

7. Dangertrout

Dangertrout Well-Known Member

Found another shiny stunky last night, no shiny nidorans yet tho >.<

8. Neji-and-Pidgeot

Neji-and-Pidgeot Well-Known Member

After finding 3 shiny Stunky, 3 Shiny male nidoran, and a shiny starly from hordes while looking for shiny female nidoran for my AS team I think I may just pokebank one that I chained in my platinum version since I chained 8 of them a few years ago. I'm at 7644 SR's for articuno to complete the trio. This is by far my longest SR hunt by almost 2000 SR's.

9. LilyValley

LilyValley Useless Sceptile

I just found shiny Tornadus! (At least, it is in the Pokédex. I still need to track it down.) This means my first shiny roamer.

Now I caught it with a Quick Ball. This Tornadus is Quirky and it looks like a perfect IV in SpDef. It would probably do best in Therian Form.

10. Zekromaster826

Zekromaster826 Casual Shiny Hunter

Hey everyone, grats on the recent shinies (blanket grats cause its been a while) When smash came out I kinda lost my desire for shiny hunting but with ORAS HYPE returning, I wanted to get a shiny in XY before ORAS gets released, I went in a flying safari with hopes of Pidgey and got a Hoothoot! She has the NN Kaepora (the owl from Orcarina of Time) with her HA and a modest nature (pretty good I must say) GL to those hunting, I'm gonna evolve her then keep trying for that Pidgey

11. ShiningKnightXY

ShiningKnightXY <----Newest Shiny

Well, I was gonna upload a photo of the shiny, but of course my phone can't do it right. I will upload pictures in the future when I can. The shiny I caught was nice, but not my main target. I got a female shiny adamant Pawniard with Max IVs in HP and Sp. Atk from the safari. I will probably still keep hunting and hope I don't get a duplicate. I have no idea what to name her though because she wasn't expected so I would gladly take suggestions. Congrats to everyone, especially LilyValley on the Tornadus, I personally never had the patience for a roaming shiny. A special good luck to Dangertrout, getting another Stunky is just rotten luck. Otherwise I hope everyone's hunts go as planned.

12. TVDex

TVDex Well-Known Member

1200 SRs for the Eevee on my Heart Gold soft reset Challenge. I only soft reset while streaming so I don't get to put in as much as I could. Still increasing slowly.

13. LilyValley

LilyValley Useless Sceptile

Huh? I was wonder traded a shiny Skrelp. Do you guys think this is legitimate, and should I keep it? It is Level 1, Male in a Dusk Ball. Perfect HP, Def and SpDef. Knows Haze, Venom Drench, Play Rough and Toxic Spikes. Modest and hatched today (Nov. 19) at the Ambrette Aquarium, also holding Black Sludge.

I'm not big on shinies that are just given away to me. I wasn't sure what I would do if I wound up with one this way, now I did. I already have a shiny Dragalge.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2014
  14. TheGreaterLucario

TheGreaterLucario Well-Known Member

It's probably legit. I'm gonna' guess and say someone was shooting for a Shiny MM'd Skrelp with specific IVs, and this one didn't have the IVs they were looking for.

15. Lorde

Lorde Banned

I did around 40 more soft resets for my Shiny Rayquaza hunt on Ruby, which wasn't a very good attempt, but I barely had free time. Last night I also hatched another 25 Magby eggs for my MM hunt, so I'm at least consistent with that hunt haha. Anyways, congratulations to people who found new Shinies today.

16. TheMaster327

TheMaster327 Well-Known Member

Groudon hunt has begun. Only did 50 SRs tonight, as I had to endure an hour long 'battle' with Red in order to get the Red Orb from Mr. Pokémon. Having a team of mid-50s didn't help, but got through it with a Quick Claw Destiny Bond Weezing and item stalling :)

17. TheShinyLunatone

TheShinyLunatone VAMPIRE LORDS!

Congrts on all new shinies! i'm going to be resuming my hunt as i am no longer purchasing ORAS.

as a person of colour, i waited 6 generations to be black at last and gamefreak too that away in oras so, i'm done.
    I'll be sticking with x/y, a cosplaying pikachu cannot replace the joy i felt at wearing full our pants at last.
    thus, my journey as a trainer ends here in the kalos region.
    again, still sitting at 1290, but after i finish this hun im
    hoping to get a shiny inkay which will never eveolve, but has anyone ever seen something so adorable :D?? good luck everyone!!

18. Omega Sapphire

Omega Sapphire Active Member

After a nearly 4000 egg drought I finally hatched a Shiny Treecko! 31/x/x/31/31/31 Calm
    ORAS will be fun with this!
    http://i.imgur.com/Y9jdZqo.jpg

But why Calm? Unburden Sceptile holding Weakness Policy max EVs in SDef and HP. When you know you're gonna get hit with a special super effective move have Sceptile take it and proceed to sweep. Spec'd Heatran's Fir Blast didn't even take me out.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2014
  19. Typhlosion_Hunter_Mark

Typhlosion_Hunter_Mark Galaxy Trainer

Continued my BQ on route 40 doing RE's for Tentacool and Tentacruel. I reached 775 RE's just now. I also started a little side hunt on X. I've been doing some RE's in a grass type friend safari, hoping for a green Tangela which is a shiny I've wanted for a long time. It is up to 250 RE's as of right now.

Congrats everyone on the new shinies. And good luck to everyone shiny hunting!

20. Jeppo

Jeppo Active Member

Congratulations to Dangertrout on the two Stunky, CharlieDoryRose on a lovely Mareep, *Murkrow on the Beautifly, serpent222 on the two Zorua's (!), AmazingChi on the Luvdisc, Cyberra on the Teddiursa, LilyValley on the Tornadus, ShiningKnightXY on the Pawniard and Omega Sapphire on the Treecko.

Hope your next one will be the right one Crystagon! And don't give up on that perfect Ralts, Supremacy!

I'm at 500 eggs for Eevee now. I knew I shouldn't have gone for another hunt, after those two quick Charmander and Shinx shinies, but I guess I shouldn't complain too much just yet. I really want that shiny Umbreon!