• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

LilyValley

Useless Sceptile
Huh? I was wonder traded a shiny Skrelp. Do you guys think this is legitimate, and should I keep it? It is Level 1, Male in a Dusk Ball. Perfect HP, Def and SpDef. Knows Haze, Venom Drench, Play Rough and Toxic Spikes. Modest and hatched today (Nov. 19) at the Ambrette Aquarium, also holding Black Sludge.

I'm not big on shinies that are just given away to me. I wasn't sure what I would do if I wound up with one this way, now I did. I already have a shiny Dragalge.

Last edited:

TheGreaterLucario

Huh? I was wonder traded a shiny Skrelp. Do you guys think this is legitimate, and should I keep it? It is Level 1, Male in a Dusk Ball. Perfect HP, Def and SpDef. Knows Haze, Venom Drench, Play Rough and Toxic Spikes. Modest and hatched today (Nov. 19) at the Ambrette Aquarium, also holding Black Sludge.

I'm not big on shinies that are just given away to me. I wasn't sure what I would do if I wound up with one this way, now I did. I already have a shiny Dragalge.

It's probably legit. I'm gonna' guess and say someone was shooting for a Shiny MM'd Skrelp with specific IVs, and this one didn't have the IVs they were looking for.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I did around 40 more soft resets for my Shiny Rayquaza hunt on Ruby, which wasn't a very good attempt, but I barely had free time. Last night I also hatched another 25 Magby eggs for my MM hunt, so I'm at least consistent with that hunt haha. Anyways, congratulations to people who found new Shinies today.

TheMaster327

Groudon hunt has begun. Only did 50 SRs tonight, as I had to endure an hour long 'battle' with Red in order to get the Red Orb from Mr. Pokémon. Having a team of mid-50s didn't help, but got through it with a Quick Claw Destiny Bond Weezing and item stalling :)

TheShinyLunatone

VAMPIRE LORDS!
Congrts on all new shinies! i'm going to be resuming my hunt as i am no longer purchasing ORAS.

as a person of colour, i waited 6 generations to be black at last and gamefreak too that away in oras so, i'm done.
I'll be sticking with x/y, a cosplaying pikachu cannot replace the joy i felt at wearing full our pants at last.
thus, my journey as a trainer ends here in the kalos region.
again, still sitting at 1290, but after i finish this hun im
hoping to get a shiny inkay which will never eveolve, but has anyone ever seen something so adorable :D?? good luck everyone!!

Omega Sapphire

After a nearly 4000 egg drought I finally hatched a Shiny Treecko! 31/x/x/31/31/31 Calm
ORAS will be fun with this!
http://i.imgur.com/Y9jdZqo.jpg

But why Calm? Unburden Sceptile holding Weakness Policy max EVs in SDef and HP. When you know you're gonna get hit with a special super effective move have Sceptile take it and proceed to sweep. Spec'd Heatran's Fir Blast didn't even take me out.

Last edited:

Typhlosion_Hunter_Mark

Galaxy Trainer
Continued my BQ on route 40 doing RE's for Tentacool and Tentacruel. I reached 775 RE's just now. I also started a little side hunt on X. I've been doing some RE's in a grass type friend safari, hoping for a green Tangela which is a shiny I've wanted for a long time. It is up to 250 RE's as of right now.

Congrats everyone on the new shinies. And good luck to everyone shiny hunting!

Jeppo

Congratulations to Dangertrout on the two Stunky, CharlieDoryRose on a lovely Mareep, *Murkrow on the Beautifly, serpent222 on the two Zorua's (!), AmazingChi on the Luvdisc, Cyberra on the Teddiursa, LilyValley on the Tornadus, ShiningKnightXY on the Pawniard and Omega Sapphire on the Treecko.

Hope your next one will be the right one Crystagon! And don't give up on that perfect Ralts, Supremacy!

I'm at 500 eggs for Eevee now. I knew I shouldn't have gone for another hunt, after those two quick Charmander and Shinx shinies, but I guess I shouldn't complain too much just yet. I really want that shiny Umbreon!

Paraqua

Beginning Trainer
Congrats to all the recent shinies

After 532 eggs, I've completed another Masuda method hunt. I finally have my shiny Treecko

Male, mild nature with perfect IV's in Attack, special attack and Speed

umbreonfan3636

Congrats everyone

Yesterday and today I've done about 500 RE's bringing me to ~4000 REs in Ice Cave. I think this hunt will likely go to the odds since the past 3 have been so short.

Good luck everyone, especially BQs!

LilyValley

Useless Sceptile
How weird. I was wonder traded another shiny, this time a Carvanha. Level 1, Male in a regular Poké Ball. Only has Leer and Adamant, came from Unova. Japanese and isn't holding anything, no perfect IVs.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
I have new shiny news! After 1,548 eggs, I have FINALLY hatched a shiny deino! She's female, modest, and will be trained in SpAtk. I'll have images later :D

CH complete x4!

Edit: Pictures!

[IMG139]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Primus001/Shiny%20Pokemon/picture7046_zps7b17e798.jpg[/IMG139]

Shiny deino! Such a frustrating little beastie... But I will have my badaft shiny hydreigon!

And, of course, my shiny teddy bear...

[IMG139]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Primus001/Shiny%20Pokemon/picture7043_zpsa9710062.jpg[/IMG139]

I'm fully aware the name belonged to a male character from the Jungle Book, but I couldn't think of anything else at the time. Still can't.

My new MM target is beldum, and I have already hatched 20 eggs for it. Looking for a 6Iv to breed the shiny from. I have chosen to aim for a Jolly nature, since Mega Metagross gets boosts in everything but speed, so any bit of speed it can get helps. It'll still never be winning any races, though...

Virizion is now up to 12,900 SRs. I'll be well over 13,000 by the end of the weekend.

Last edited:

*Murkrow

Bird trainer
2400SR's/4800 Archen revived. Fed up with this. I'd forgotten how mind numbingly dull SR'ing was, and in this case, there isn't even the fun of seeing the sparkles appearing which is my favourite bit. :-/ I'm half tempted to chuck an Archen in with my Japanese Ditto and see if the MM gives me any luck. Egg hatching may be boring as well, but at least it'll feel more involved.

Also sitting here refreshing different ORAS discussion threads hoping something will come up about shiny legends. Still got a tiny shred of hope that they won't be shiny locked. I just want to know.

Edit:
According to the guys over at r/pokemon, Shiny Zekrom and Shiny Reshiram are now able to be traded across games as of Tuesday. This means that the shiny lock that was put on them in Gen V has been reversed, which leads to the conclusion that Shiny Zekrom and Shiny Reshiram can now be obtained legitimately. Overall, it looks as if Gamefreak has either removed Shiny Locks for ORAS, or there's going to be an event soon for a Shiny Reshiram/Zekrom. Don't mean to get your hopes up, guys, but I'm stoked!!

Yeah, I've seen mention of that over on Smogon. Fingers crossed it is a good sign! May have to change which game I get first if they are all SR'able. :D

Last edited:

Typhlox

Typhlosion Trainer
Also sitting here refreshing different ORAS discussion threads hoping something will come up about shiny legends. Still got a tiny shred of hope that they won't be shiny locked. I just want to know.

According to the guys over at r/pokemon, Shiny Zekrom and Shiny Reshiram are now able to be traded across games as of Tuesday. This means that the shiny lock that was put on them in Gen V has been reversed, which leads to the conclusion that Shiny Zekrom and Shiny Reshiram can now be obtained legitimately. Overall, it looks as if Gamefreak has either removed Shiny Locks for ORAS, or there's going to be an event soon for a Shiny Reshiram/Zekrom. Don't mean to get your hopes up, guys, but I'm stoked!!

Anyway, no shiny news for me: Just an update. It's been a hectic week, so I haven't been able to hunt much. All I know is that I'm officially skipping all my classes tomorrow and just playing Pokemon and Smash all day. Trapinch hunt is up to 450 eggs, and I'm trying to breed a Foreign 6V Male Trapinch on my German X to get faster egg spawn rates. Congrats to everyone who's found those elusive shinies in the last couple of days, and here's hoping we all find a shiny during our first playthrough of ORAS (for those of us getting it soon.. Sorry, Europe) May RNGesus shine his benevolent luck upon you all!

SkyBlue

I ate ColtonL
just hatched a shiny 5iv adamant/natural cure swablu ^w^
been breeding it for weeks and it shines the day before or/as comes out <3
one of my friends gave me a 5iv calm shiny swablu so now i've got a physical and special bred swablu. Can't wait to mega evolve them :D

pokemaster13

Shiny Hunter!
Congrats to Supremacy on Ralts, Dangertrout on Stunky, LilyValley on Tornadus, Zekromaster826 on Hoothoot, ShiningKnightXY on Pawniard, Omega Sapphire on Treecko, Paraqua on Treecko, Cyberra on Deino and Teddiursa, and ColtonL on Swablu!

Unfortunately I wasn't able to meet my goal of getting one more shiny before OR/AS. Chimchar is at 16,000 SRs, Snivy is at 1,500 SRs, and Weedle is at ~12,750 REs. I'm going to do some more REs on FireRed before I go pick up Alpha Sapphire in a few hours, but other than that my hunts are now officially on hold. Not sure when I'll pick them up again, so I may not be posting for awhile!

Best of luck to all of you on your hunts!

Shy

★★★★★
Update: Phase 3 Mudkip - 5,500 SR (14,022 Total), Johto Starters - 4,500 SR (13,500 Seen)

I don't really have anything positive worth mentioning. Unfortunately, neither of my two goals were met before the ORAS release since they refuse to shine anytime soon. Also sadly I won't be getting a copy of AS as expected today. I will eventually though! So these two hunts won't be going on hold (Yay?). I few things I'd like to mention:

- Today marked the day of my one month drought :(
- This is my longest phase in my hunt for Mudkip yet. Hopefully it won't be another disappointing Pooch.
- I've never had such bad luck with Johto starters before until now! XD I'm not going to lie, I will be very disappointed if it's another duplicate and not the Cyndaquil I need to complete the trio.

Its been awhile since my last post so I'm going to have to bring out the congratulatory blanket. I see some long hunts came to a end so kudos to them. ;)

Crimson Penguin

Marchin' on
Congrats to Ampharos_Spark on Zubat, i2i on Swablu, ZoRk on Durant (sorry about Nosepass though), Cpchris on Axew, EmiiLava on Anorith, Barbaracle, Swablu, and Omanyte, Fire Hero on Miltank, Alexander18 on Trevenant, Magikarp, and Foongus, Azulart on Audino, HUGE CONGRATS to TheMaster327 on finally getting that Lugia, TomoEGoto on Zangoose, Swablu, and Trapinch, ebevan91 on Scyther, Jeppo on Shinx, Dangertrout on Stunky x2, CharlieDoryRose on Mareep, *Murkrow on Beautifly, Crystagon on Trapinch, serpent222 on Zorua x2 and Foongus, AmazingChi on Luvdisc, Cyberra on Teddiursa and Deino, Supremacy on Ralts (don't give up, I'm sure you'll find that perfect shiny sooner or later!), LilyValley on Tornadus, Zekromaster826 on Hoothoot, ShiningKnightXY on Pawniard, Omega Sapphire on Treecko, Paraqua on Treecko, ColtonL on Swablu, and anyone else I may have missed on your shinies!

Thanks to Ampharos_Spark and Pluski for the good luck!

Welp, it looks like this is going to be my last update for a while, considering ORAS will be my primary focus for the foreseeable future. I didn't get much of a chance to hunt this week due to school, so Eevee is at 7800 SRs, Route 7 is still at 2000 REs, and Sigilyph is at 300 eggs. Can't say I was expecting anything before tomorrow, but I'd been hoping that I'd break my month-long shiny drought... Oh well. Maybe I'll get lucky and find a random shiny during my ORAS playthrough. Also, I'm super excited to hear that shiny locks may have been taken out in the new games! If it's really true, I'm going to be SR'ing for a shiny Reshiram the first chance I get, as it's one of my favorite shiny forms and I've always been bummed that there was no way to get it legitimately.

Good luck to all of you on your hunts!

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
I have no new shiny news (I stopped my last MM in favor of working on finishing the dex, but it's time to start again). . . though I do live in fear that I'll see a shiny on the ORAS demo. So, a blanket congrats to everyone that's found a shiny since my last post, forever ago.

JohnNiles

Welp, my pre-ORAS shiny run failed at 3/6. That's not enough for a team so I guess I'll set it aside for now. -_-

On to ORAS, and hopefully random shinies along the way.