• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

AmazingChi

Volcanic Rage
Congrats on all the shinies, folks!

Updates on my hunts. Y BQ#1 hasn't been touched much but at around 5150 REs are the moment. However, my Mudkip hunt has delivered. Egg no #471 came out purple, female and HA so that's good. 5IV missing speed is slightly less good, but still I will check just in case it's still good.

Good luck, shiny hunters!

tui

moon upon a stick
Huge congrats to Razorbadger for finishing that hunt! Heracross is a great shiny.

Congrats to: Growlie19 on Growlithe, Yoitsdaffy on Machop and Regice, Quils on Swablu, Storm_Dragoon on Flabebe, mishadorables on Shinx, Dangertrout on Poochyena, Mogar on Latias, Demonslayer492 on Wingull, Cyberra on Beldum, TomoEGoto on Shuppet, AmazingChi on Mudkip, and anyone else I missed!

Thank you Growlie19 and Razorbadger for the congrats!
Wishing the best of luck to you with real life stuff, Shadowkrow.
Sorry about your Gligar, Abysmal Flames.

Registeel is now at 1,000 SRs - I've missed SRing to be honest! I get confused everytime it scrolls across the screen though - the shadow makes it closer to the blue colour of the shiny, I've had a couple of jolts of false hope so far!

However, Eterna Forest produced again. This time after a measly 430 encounters on my Diamond BQ version - honestly games? 36k+ without nothing, then a tiny tiny hunt. I love luck sometimes.
It's a second Budew - I'm not too disappointed though, Budew is a gorgeous shiny and is really really bright. Completely missed the sparkles - I was scrolling through a YT channel with the sound off when I looked down to Registeel then over to Eterna, and it was sort of an 'Ooooooooohhh' encounter.
Named her Alice. Carrying a poison barb.
[IMG139]http://i.imgur.com/4NpooCq.jpg[/IMG139]
[IMG139]http://i.imgur.com/F0PnDz6.jpg[/IMG139]
Good luck everyone, especially CpChris with Scyther, Tina with Archen, AquaRegisteel with your FEs, jrmftw with Sprout Tower, Lorde with Rayquaza and Magby, Shy with Mudkip, Cyberra with Virizion, pokemaster13 with Chimchar and Weedle, Shadowkrow with your BQ and RaichuArcanine and cocoadragon with your Chimchars!

EDIT: Just realised that Budew is a CH pokemon! So Community Hunt Complete x2

Last edited:

Spawty

Claimed Golduck!
I can't believe what just happened in my Alpha Sapphire!

http://i.imgur.com/NK5ZvsQ.png
http://i.imgur.com/4TbTHAd.png

A Shiny Mesprit appeared in my Alpha Sapphire in four SRs! She has a Hasty nature, and she's my second AS shiny, after a Shuppet in a horde I found yesterday.

Community Hunt Complete! Mesprit makes a noice Thanksgiving shiny!

Now I'll try SRing for the other Mirage legendaries + three Regis once I find free time!

Twilit Dragoon

*omnious thunderstorm*
Yes yes YES, Community Hunt Complete x9!

[img139]http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t237/Storm_Dragoon/ASOR/8108e997-878b-4627-bdb9-126c3de1abe0_zpsc68f6f5e.jpg[/img139]

After 1145 hordes, 5725 total Pokemon, I got my second shiny Wurmple! I was watching another Five Nights at Freddy's Lets Play when she decided to shine, that game is my good luck charm :). This is about the 10th shiny I've gotten watching FNaF, its probably a coincidence but I thought it was pretty cool :p. Caught her in a critical capture Great Ball, my second critical capture in the game.

More pics:

Closeup
Shiny Wurmple
Trainer ID
Docile nature

After saving the game, I leveled up my shiny Wurmple in hopes of getting my shiny Cascoon. When she evolved, I was thinking 'I'll get a shiny Silcoon again and will have to start over', but:

[img139]http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t237/Storm_Dragoon/ASOR/IMG_1164_zpsbfb34e5c.jpg[/img139]

It was shiny Cascoon :D. I've since evolved her into an awesome shiny Dustox, and she's one of my dream shinies I'm happy I could finally get!

[img139]http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t237/Storm_Dragoon/ASOR/IMG_1170_zps2142cb6e.jpg[/img139]

More pics of Cascoon/Dustox:

Cascoon
Dustox

I honestly don't know what I'll be doing next. I think I'll spend some time SRing for shiny Latios, and maybe I can get lucky with that one. I won't be using a synchronizer, so it'll be a surprise what nature I'll get :p. Right now though I'm focusing on using the DexNav on finding good Taillow, or even a shiny one. I'm also SRing for a shiny Torchic in AS, but I'm not counting the SRs for it.

Congrats to everyone on their new shinies!

Typhlox

Typhlosion Trainer
I found my first shiny in Alpha Sapphire, and it's one of my all time favorite pokemon!!! I decided I was going to finish hunting for mega stones yesterday, and while I was in Sea Mauville, I figured I'd reset for Lugia for about a half hour or so before I actually continued. Well, after only 36 SR, a beautiful pink Lugia dropped in.

[IMG139]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab259/FoxSean94/Shiny%20Pokemon/FE8E3172-977C-4C49-87A5-4CAB2EBCD1A9_zpskecudd1p.jpg[/IMG139]

I was shaking. I have never had a hunt shine that fast, even with the shiny charm. It has a spread of 9/11/7/31/31/31 and an Impish nature, so it'll be a glorious trophy tank. I've resumed my hunt for Cobalion, and I'm 600 SR in for that hunt. Congrats to everyone, and I hope that your hunts shine for you soon!

Draknir

Fear the Deer
Woo-hoo! After 1476 SR's with the Shiny Charm, I have my first ORAS Shiny! A Shiny Cresselia appeared and let me tell you: it was a PAIN to catch. Fairly certain it got close to Struggle. Managed to get it in a Repeat Ball. Debating what Legendary I will be going for next. However, it will be a bit before I get to that.

Congrats to everyone who has gotten a Shiny since I posted last time (Which is when I got my last Shiny)!

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
After taking a break from it yesterday, I resumed by Shiny Rayquaza attempt today and did 80 more SRs. I also worked on my Shiny Magby MM hunt and I hatched nearly 35 eggs for that hunt this afternoon. I plan on hatching several more tonight as well. Good luck to other people on their hunts as well.

Yoitsdaffy

Shiny Collector~
Blanket congrats to everyone on thier recent shinies! After a couple hundred horde encounters (wasnt really keeping track) I found and reclaimed the shiny Magnemite i had previously fainted accidently! Now im gonna continue my regirock hunt. GL everyone and have a great holiday!

Jessara

Shiny Hunter
Hello everyone! Long time, no see. Even though I haven't posted in many months, I still keep track of the shiny news in this thread and you have all gotten a lot of cool shinies over the months :D So congratulations to you all.

Like everyone else I've picked up Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. My plan for these two games is to SR for a starter and whichever game it appeared on would be my Badge Quest game. So most of yesterday was spent SRing for a couple of unique IDs and I started SRing at 2:30 PM. 4 hours and 30 minutes later I was surprised with this popping up!

[IMG139]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a195/Anakari/My%20Shinies/photo10_zps322e46d1.jpg[/IMG139][IMG139]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a195/Anakari/My%20Shinies/photo11_zpseb234e66.jpg[/IMG139]
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a195/Anakari/My Shinies/photo15_zps4354279c.jpg

I'm relieved that this was a super fast hunt as I've never been into SRing much and this is only my third SR'ed shiny. I feel a bit guilty that he popped up so fast though when other people's shinies took a while.

Having never finished a third gen pokemon game (owned Emerald but never finished the game), I'll be enjoying a lot of the content in these new games for the first time so I'll be doing a lot of exploring and poking around on this BQ. I really can't wait to see how this turns out :)

Good luck to you all on your hunts. Hopefully my next post won't be months in the future. Oh yeah, that dratted Scatterbug never appeared on my Pokemon Y, that is still an ongoing hunt that I pick up every now and then, I think that is now at roughly 80+ hours, crazy.

Oh I forgot, Community Hunt completed!

Last edited:

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
WOOO. First (hopefully, if I catch it) SR complete.
And it is something I have wanted for years.

A shiny Zekrom. Encountered myself on Alpha Sapphire.

No Master Ball, but over 100 ultra balls.
Come on, ultra balls.
I will update this post in a minute with what happens.

Down to it using Struggle....Come on....
CAUGHT!

Only like 270 SR's. Nice. (I did have the shiny charm.)

It is outstanding with 31 IVs in HP, Defense, and Special Attack. Too bad it is Modest. Still, shiny.

Last edited:
I will like to update on how its going with my shiny starter hunt, im around 8000 soft resets (thats around 66 hours) and still no shiny treecko sadly. I have no idea whats still pushing me forward as tempting it is when i have the whole game ahead of me. Im hoping it shines soon!

Luneth777

Shiny Hunter
I got to 3k SR on Deoxys and put it on hold.

At 1,084 SR for Zekrom now. I have the shiny charm too. This thing is just trolling because it knows I want to play Persona Q

V

Shiny Hunter
/cry

I want this stupid Treecko! Gah! Birch! Give it to mmeeeee O,-,O I'll HM01 him.

Yea was definitely expecting it by now but no...

At least this isn't my longest hunt. Shimmer took months, but that was mostly due to how much dialogue is involved in getting Eevee from Bill to begin with. Lol

Been watching YouTube videos of people getting shiny ORAS starters to keep from losing confidence.

Last edited:

KzBreakdown

Tamer of Gyarados
and my first ORAS shiny is Zekrom in less than 50 soft resets!

no shiny charm either, also caught it on the second throw; first was a quick ball, the second a dusk ball after a mega Rayquaza Extreme Speed knocked it to the red

Last edited:

Supremacy

Shiny Hunter
Well I got Omega Ruby a few days ago and finished it today and encountered 0 shinies :[ But I have decided to do a SR hunt for Tornadus! I'm really hoping its not locked and I don't see why it would be, but you never know with gamefreak.. Hopefully I or someone else can prove it that it can be shiny.

Gratz on the recent shinies, especially Keane on that first Budew! 36k encounters!? Whew.

Good luck everyone. :]

RaichuArcanine

Hunting Sparkles
Congrats on all the recent shinies, some great finds! As for me, still on the Kip hunt. Today I some little time trails and this was the result:
(Time in Seconds and milliseconds and Mudkip natures:
7.60=Rash
8.16=Hasty
8.93=Impish
10.06=Hardy
10.16=Sassy
10.85=Jolly
11.15=Lax
12.65=Lax
13.23=Adamant
14.38=Timid
15.85=Bashful
16.05=Impish
17.13=Quiet
18.83=Adamant
19.08=Careful
19.98=Timid
19.96=Serious
20.33=Rash
21.38=Gentle
22.61=Lax
23.26=Lonely
24.88=Hardy
25.35=Timid
26.40=Mild
27.16=Brave
28.80=Jolly
29.70=Relaxed
30.73=Calm.
Now, everyone time I've gotten poochy I've been one hand SRing with my left hand, which the fatest time I can get with that is 9.11. Gonna try slowing that done a bit and see what happens :) Best of luck all! It's also important to note that my third poochy showed two hours after my second..
~RaichuArcanine~

Siria

So I decided to give the masuda metod a try on my Y. The pokemon I wanted was shiny trapinch, so I bred trapinch from my game with a 4IV janapese Karrablast. I didn´t count the eggs, but the second day I got my shiny. I couldn´t belive it was so fast! I took him to the IV judge, and his IV´s are: 31/31/31/x/31/31! The nature is Jolly (courtesy of everstone).

After this succes, I decided to give it a try once more, with the second Hoenn dragon, bagon. This time I at first bred bagon with my 5IV tyrantrum with dragon dance. When I got my 5IV female bagon with dragon dance (and fire fang, as tyrantrum had this move too) and the correct IV spread, I bred her with 4IV japanese Gible. This hunt took me more then a week, with several hours of breeding every day. I started to loose faith, when bagon finally, finally decided to shine. I was so happy, and even more when I took him to the IV judge only to found out, that he has spread 31/31/31/x/31/31! And Jolly nature, thanks to everstone. I swear I cried with happines!

Now I am training both these guys in Attack and Speed and can´t wait for using them competitively!

Shame I can´t post photos here :-(

Jeppo

Putting my Eevee on hold after 1200 eggs. I should receive ORAS later today, so I'll be focussing on that.

Congratulations everyone on the recent shinies. Great to see some are so lucky with shiny legendaries!

nickM

Gz on the recent shinies guys!

I just got Sapphire and Ruby in the mail ^^ Now i only have to decide which game to play first..

Navarch

I'm so excited to be able to SR for shiny legendaries! It'll really keep me busy, and hopefully posting more on here!