1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Discussion in 'General Pokémon Discussion' started by Dangertrout, Nov 13, 2012.

1. Dangertrout

Dangertrout Well-Known Member

was messing around with dex nav on route 101 and ran into a shiny poochyena with poison fang!
    wootwoot!

2. Liltwick

Liltwick Life Cheating Game

Congrats on the recent shinies everyone! I don't have any shiny news really, nothing has shone since my random Marill. Currently just doing REs in Petalburg Woods in AS. At roughly 750 encounters so far, so I most likely have a long way to go. Might MM Zoruas while doing this too, just to pass the time. Anyways, good luck hunting guys!

3. Razorbadger

Razorbadger Well-Known Member

Congrats to Storm_Dragoon on Wurmple, Mudkip, Zigzagoon and Flabebe, Cyberra on Teddiursa and Audino, Kingzard on Wurmple, Lorde on Gulpin, AuroraQueenSuicune on Gloom, SilverChiko on Happiny, jackhh on Sharpedo, AzulTheCerulean20 on Cascoon, TomoEGoto on Cresselia and Reshiram, Yoitsdaffy on Reshiram and Machop (sorry about Magnemite though), Drakonekoshi on Mudkip, Ho-oh the Rainbow Pokemon on Lugia, LeoX on Latias, TheMaster327 on Groudon (you deserved a short hunt after Lugia), MultiDarkShadow777 on Treecko, serpent222 on Ninetales, ChaoticInverse on Torchic, Keane on Budew, Growlie19 on Marill and Growlithe, Quils on Swablu, Dangertrout on Poochyena and everyone else on your shinies.

Thanks to Keane for the luck.

Six Island has finally decided to reveal something sparkly. After 17,265 REs in the Pattern Bush a shiny Heracross appeared.

[IMG139]http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e350/razorbadger/20141126_224400_zps6534fab7.jpg[/IMG139]

To be honest I had given up hope that I would find a shiny here before Omega Ruby arrives on Friday. Six island was the first of the Sevii Islands to go over the odds (and to rub it in it went over double the odds) and took over 11,000 more encounters than my second longest hunt in this quest. But I have it now and as one of the two Pokemon capable of mega-evolving at the location Heracross was one of my main targets. Additionally to make up for the long hunt the Sevii Islands have once again turned up a shiny with an excellent nature. I think only Spearow has had a bad nature on this hunt whilst Heracross is the third of six shinies to have a nature that boosts the Pokemon's best stat so I can't complain about the length of the hunt too much.

Next up I plan to hunt at Tanoby ruins for a Tentacool or Tentacruel to complete this Sevii Islands hunt. However I won't be starting it until at least after I've completed my planned SR for Mudkip in Omega Ruby, maybe not until I've played through the main story. Meanwhile I'm going to continue with my MM hunt for Cranidos in X as I've been seriously neglecting my fossil quest since I started hunting in Fire Red.

Good luck hunting everyone :)

4. Pyroli

Pyroli Banned

Although I don't often shiny hunt, I've had amazing luck in my Alpha Sapphire. The Latias I was given (er, well the Latias that joined my team) ended up being shiny; and I'm assuming that's extremely rare.

[​IMG]

5. Demonslayer492

Demonslayer492 Got it Memorized?

10384452_725575104205488_71787253582811347_n.jpg

I think if this uploads right. This is the Shiny Wingull I found on Saturday xD

EDIT: Im nearing 400 SRs for Zekrom Dx

6. Cyberra

Cyberra pain in the ***

SHINY BELDUM hatched at 557 eggs in Y :D Will have pics later. It's Jolly-natured and likes to thrash about, with the ability Clear Body.

Now I will hatch a couple other 'mons for my pokedex, and then I will begin breeding for swablu :D

[IMG139]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Primus001/Shiny%20Pokemon/picture7148_zps3b218843.jpg[/IMG139]

I think that's a decent IV spread... But meh. It's a lvl 32 metang now, trained in ATK and SPD, and working toward a fully evolved silver metagross.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2014
  7. Dylz

Dylz Trainer since 1997

Anyone knows if the eon ticket lati@s can be shiny? Like in the other games? I kinda want that to be my next hunt after I'm done with Treecko.

8. kirkeastment

kirkeastment Completing The Trio

Just got OR in the post, and have started SR'ing for a Shiny Mudkip.

I dunno how long this will take, but i'm hoping not too long lol.

Good luck with your hunts everyone.

9. Scrufox86

Scrufox86 Well-Known Member

Hi all. Just a congrats message really. I have not been playing pokemon as much lately. I have been concentrating on playing some other games for a bit as I had been MMing a lot and not gotten any shiny for so long so had gotten a little bored. Well anyway tomorrow I will be playing Omega Ruby as it will finally be released (years after everywhere else). I may have to split my time between OR and X so shinies may not be as frequent while I go through OR story.

Congrats to all new shinies since my last post and good luck shiny hunters!

10. umbreonfan3636

umbreonfan3636 Well-Known Member

Reached 1000 SRs today for Treecko, hopefully I get lucky soon because I'm ready to start this game.

Happy thanksgiving and good luck all!

11. Abysmal Flames

Abysmal Flames Active Member

So I was wonder trading some Ralts in OmegaRuby and I got a Shiny Landorus (Therian Forme) level 70. 2nd shiny I've received via wonder trade. I was incredibly surprised...

Also, while Playing HeartGold 3 days before the release of ORAS, i ran into a Shiny Gligar, but my level 40 Crobat decided to the Crit Poison Fang taking out the remaining 2/3 of its HP. I was going to catch it in a Moon Ball too...

Last edited: Nov 27, 2014
  12. TomoEGoto

TomoEGoto Mr. Robot-O

13. AmazingChi

AmazingChi Volcanic Rage

Congrats on all the shinies, folks!

Updates on my hunts. Y BQ#1 hasn't been touched much but at around 5150 REs are the moment. However, my Mudkip hunt has delivered. Egg no #471 came out purple, female and HA so that's good. 5IV missing speed is slightly less good, but still I will check just in case it's still good.

Good luck, shiny hunters!

14. tui

tui moon upon a stick

Huge congrats to Razorbadger for finishing that hunt! Heracross is a great shiny.

Congrats to: Growlie19 on Growlithe, Yoitsdaffy on Machop and Regice, Quils on Swablu, Storm_Dragoon on Flabebe, mishadorables on Shinx, Dangertrout on Poochyena, Mogar on Latias, Demonslayer492 on Wingull, Cyberra on Beldum, TomoEGoto on Shuppet, AmazingChi on Mudkip, and anyone else I missed!

Thank you Growlie19 and Razorbadger for the congrats!
    Wishing the best of luck to you with real life stuff, Shadowkrow.
    Sorry about your Gligar, Abysmal Flames.

Registeel is now at 1,000 SRs - I've missed SRing to be honest! I get confused everytime it scrolls across the screen though - the shadow makes it closer to the blue colour of the shiny, I've had a couple of jolts of false hope so far!

However, Eterna Forest produced again. This time after a measly 430 encounters on my Diamond BQ version - honestly games? 36k+ without nothing, then a tiny tiny hunt. I love luck sometimes.
    It's a second Budew - I'm not too disappointed though, Budew is a gorgeous shiny and is really really bright. Completely missed the sparkles - I was scrolling through a YT channel with the sound off when I looked down to Registeel then over to Eterna, and it was sort of an 'Ooooooooohhh' encounter.
    Named her Alice. Carrying a poison barb.
    [IMG139]http://i.imgur.com/4NpooCq.jpg[/IMG139]
    [IMG139]http://i.imgur.com/F0PnDz6.jpg[/IMG139]
    Good luck everyone, especially CpChris with Scyther, Tina with Archen, AquaRegisteel with your FEs, jrmftw with Sprout Tower, Lorde with Rayquaza and Magby, Shy with Mudkip, Cyberra with Virizion, pokemaster13 with Chimchar and Weedle, Shadowkrow with your BQ and RaichuArcanine and cocoadragon with your Chimchars!

EDIT: Just realised that Budew is a CH pokemon! So Community Hunt Complete x2

Last edited: Nov 27, 2014
  15. Spawty

Spawty Claimed Golduck!

I can't believe what just happened in my Alpha Sapphire!

http://i.imgur.com/NK5ZvsQ.png
    http://i.imgur.com/4TbTHAd.png

A Shiny Mesprit appeared in my Alpha Sapphire in four SRs! She has a Hasty nature, and she's my second AS shiny, after a Shuppet in a horde I found yesterday.

Community Hunt Complete! Mesprit makes a noice Thanksgiving shiny!

Now I'll try SRing for the other Mirage legendaries + three Regis once I find free time!

16. Twilit Dragoon

Twilit Dragoon *omnious thunderstorm*

Yes yes YES, Community Hunt Complete x9!

[img139]http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t237/Storm_Dragoon/ASOR/8108e997-878b-4627-bdb9-126c3de1abe0_zpsc68f6f5e.jpg[/img139]

After 1145 hordes, 5725 total Pokemon, I got my second shiny Wurmple! I was watching another Five Nights at Freddy's Lets Play when she decided to shine, that game is my good luck charm :). This is about the 10th shiny I've gotten watching FNaF, its probably a coincidence but I thought it was pretty cool :p. Caught her in a critical capture Great Ball, my second critical capture in the game.

More pics:

Closeup
    Shiny Wurmple
    Trainer ID
    Docile nature

After saving the game, I leveled up my shiny Wurmple in hopes of getting my shiny Cascoon. When she evolved, I was thinking 'I'll get a shiny Silcoon again and will have to start over', but:

[img139]http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t237/Storm_Dragoon/ASOR/IMG_1164_zpsbfb34e5c.jpg[/img139]

It was shiny Cascoon :D. I've since evolved her into an awesome shiny Dustox, and she's one of my dream shinies I'm happy I could finally get!

[img139]http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t237/Storm_Dragoon/ASOR/IMG_1170_zps2142cb6e.jpg[/img139]

More pics of Cascoon/Dustox:

Cascoon
    Dustox

I honestly don't know what I'll be doing next. I think I'll spend some time SRing for shiny Latios, and maybe I can get lucky with that one. I won't be using a synchronizer, so it'll be a surprise what nature I'll get :p. Right now though I'm focusing on using the DexNav on finding good Taillow, or even a shiny one. I'm also SRing for a shiny Torchic in AS, but I'm not counting the SRs for it.

Congrats to everyone on their new shinies!

17. Typhlox

Typhlox Typhlosion Trainer

I found my first shiny in Alpha Sapphire, and it's one of my all time favorite pokemon!!! I decided I was going to finish hunting for mega stones yesterday, and while I was in Sea Mauville, I figured I'd reset for Lugia for about a half hour or so before I actually continued. Well, after only 36 SR, a beautiful pink Lugia dropped in.

[IMG139]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab259/FoxSean94/Shiny%20Pokemon/FE8E3172-977C-4C49-87A5-4CAB2EBCD1A9_zpskecudd1p.jpg[/IMG139]

I was shaking. I have never had a hunt shine that fast, even with the shiny charm. It has a spread of 9/11/7/31/31/31 and an Impish nature, so it'll be a glorious trophy tank. I've resumed my hunt for Cobalion, and I'm 600 SR in for that hunt. Congrats to everyone, and I hope that your hunts shine for you soon!

18. Draknir

Draknir Fear the Deer

Woo-hoo! After 1476 SR's with the Shiny Charm, I have my first ORAS Shiny! A Shiny Cresselia appeared and let me tell you: it was a PAIN to catch. Fairly certain it got close to Struggle. Managed to get it in a Repeat Ball. Debating what Legendary I will be going for next. However, it will be a bit before I get to that.

Congrats to everyone who has gotten a Shiny since I posted last time (Which is when I got my last Shiny)!

19. Lorde

Lorde Banned

After taking a break from it yesterday, I resumed by Shiny Rayquaza attempt today and did 80 more SRs. I also worked on my Shiny Magby MM hunt and I hatched nearly 35 eggs for that hunt this afternoon. I plan on hatching several more tonight as well. Good luck to other people on their hunts as well.

20. Yoitsdaffy

Yoitsdaffy Shiny Collector~

Blanket congrats to everyone on thier recent shinies! After a couple hundred horde encounters (wasnt really keeping track) I found and reclaimed the shiny Magnemite i had previously fainted accidently! Now im gonna continue my regirock hunt. GL everyone and have a great holiday!