• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

MurderofKrow

Bird Brain
YES!!! Shiny Torchic in 698 SRs in AS, I got it yesterday. Which is Community Hunt Complete . Now I'm HHing for Lotad(Though Ralts would be nice too).

Also decided to jump on the Legendary band wagon and plan on hunting for Heatran in OR. I've bred a Modest sync and I just need to plop myself in front of it. Of course before having made the decision to do this I have done off and on, a bit of random SRing here and there with other legends. I'm at 180 SRs and I think I'll start there for Heatran.

Congrats to the recent shinies and good luck to all ongoing hunts, especially Keane on Eterna Forest.

RightClick

Shiny Collector
Currently using the DexNav to try and find a sandshrew after raising the level to about 900. Still not sure how to use this, I believe its a cycle of find/faint/search again, correct? My highest chain so far is 30. I want to see that shiny green shrew!

ShiningKnightXY

<----Newest Shiny
Quick update, I have now resorted to focusing on getting my shiny charm first, but if course I am not fortunate to have an entire living pokedex. Hopefully this won't take too long.

LyonEnigma

I've been desparately searching for a solid answer to this question: In OR/AS, are the main story legendaries shiny-locked? i was gonna go into SRing for Rayquaza and im not sure if I would be wasting my time.

RightClick

Shiny Collector
Well, I just decided to take a break from my hunts and go walk around right of Fortree, when on my first DevNav search, a shiny Keckleon decides to come say hello!
[img139]https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/692x389q90/674/9OF3yb.jpg[/img139]

EDIT: Thanks to the user who helped me with picture posting!

Last edited:

cocoadragon

Shiny Hunter
Hello Everyone, I wanted to stop in an congratulate Keane on her Budew that she finally got. ^-^ I've recently gotten Torchic in my Alpha Sapphire after 687 SRs and now I'm going for Whismur at 1958 as the second shiny of a badge quest, sorry I couldn't type more I'm kinda in a hurry good luck everyone. o/

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Well, I'm sick so I'm just doing a bare-bones update, but after a two-week drought on X I went chain fishing and found a female shiny luvdisc. ^_^ I was hoping to try for a horsea, but after two shiny claunchers I think I'll wait till I get the chance on Y so at least if I don't get a horsea I'll get a skrelp. :p

In game news, I finally started Y, and at the same time I'll start my OmegaRuby game so I can start working on SR'ing for torchic. I imagine it'll take a while, so I can work on Y in the meantime.

ohjeezitskim

So, I evolved my Eevee into Leafeon because Jolly is a better nature for it and it has a better move pool~

https://33.media.tumblr.com/5b044e0d09a180e8f8e3e9f75be747fc/tumblr_nfizofL6vP1rcc56jo3_1280.jpg

I mean, you can't tell it's shiny... BUT it is shiny x3
I see that he counts for the community hunt also, so community hunt complete?

Just want to mention I'm missing from the first post 0:p

I'm up to over 260 SRs now for Lugia, can't wait for him to shine!
He'll be my first SR legend and my second SR that would be completed
My first SR was SS's shiny starter Totodile! That took 6,700 SRs.. Hoping that's not the case with Lugia ;P

Shiny Lord

Was encountering hordes in Petalburg forest and ran into another Shiny Zigzagoon! So since its a repeat I don't know whether to count it or not for my badgequest. Thoughts?

Community Hunt Complete x2

Last edited:

Cyberra

pain in the ***
I just found a shiny sableye in the dark safari I moved over to, after 1,285 REs. She's Hasty and has the ability Stall, with max stats in DEF and SPD. Dunno how good or bad that is, but meh. Shiny.

Community hunt complete x6!

Pictures tomorrow ^^

Virizion is up to 15,000 SRs and counting. Swablu is at 95 eggs.

RaichuArcanine

Hunting Sparkles
:D Guys...(images hate me and refuse to be turned so lol)
[IMG139]http://i1063.photobucket.com/albums/t507/RaichuUploader/Shiny%20Pokemon/GetAttachment_zps2b1a8c0e.jpg[/IMG139] SHINY MUDKIP! Suprised me earlier today :) He's adamant. No idea of the IV's. So freaking happy! Called him Kippa :) More photos:
[IMG139]http://i1063.photobucket.com/albums/t507/RaichuUploader/Shiny%20Pokemon/GetAttachment1_zps488b27dd.jpg[/IMG139] [IMG139]http://i1063.photobucket.com/albums/t507/RaichuUploader/Shiny%20Pokemon/GetAttachment3_zpse6f0bc77.jpg[/IMG139]
Good luck all!

Iwanuq

Iwan
So I got the shiny charm in oras last night and today I decided I might try for a shiny cobalion, I ran into one, I was trying to hit a button to go to the bag and I hit run instead by accident, :( I'm gonna keep soft resetting for it and make sure to set my game down and calm down after it shines again haha. Congrats to everyone on their shinies! And good luck with your hunts!

Cutty

Forever now
Still no shiny starter after 1,500 SRs... Seems like the odds are not on my favor...
Even though I've seen the hunger games film...

I have breached a week into my hunt for shiny treecko, 10k sr 80+ hours! the game just doesn't want to give it to me. I refuse to give up though though it's tempting to reset for a female with a good nature and finally start it :/

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
I just woke up like ten minutes ago. I made some coffee and went back to my 3DS.
I opened it, and on my very second SR of the morning....

A shiny Cresselia appeared.

Sure, it was over 500 SR's total, but only two this morning.
I am attempting to catch it now.

EDIT: After about 73 turns and almost that many ultra balls, I finally caught it.
That makes three successful legendary SR's done so far over the past few days.
It is outstanding with 31 IVs in Attack, Defense, Special Attack, and Special Defense. Cool.
Jolly. Eh, still a shiny.

Last edited:

umbreonfan3636

I've found that I've only been able to do about 90-95 SRs for Treecko per hour, and that is constantly resetting. I am wondering if the digital copy of the game might reboot slower than the hard copy?

I SRed for about 7-8 hours yesterday, so I am getting close to hitting 2k SRs for Treecko.

Good luck everyone! College football is on today, maybe we'll get lucky!

Blastonite

Dream Crusher
I'm at 4250 SRs for Cobalion. And 360 SRs for Treecko. About to go to bed. Will do more tomorrow. but seeing people with low hunts and wondering if the odds are the same as XY if so Phase 1 for Cobalion is completed. I wanna get him before I go finish Delta episode and start to complete my Pokedex.

Congrats and GL to everyone who has seen the shine and to those still hunting I hope you see the shine soon.

I AM SO UPSET!

I couldn't sleep so I decided to work on my Dex and little. I accidentally went to my bank and came back for forgot the Cobalion would swap with someone else. I just lost 4 nights of work!
4250 SRs! I can't believe I just freakin did that! -_-

Last edited:

Shiny Lord

Shiny Zigzagoon Strikes again! I just want a different shiny. I could have been on shiny #3 from my badgequest by now. Community Hunt complete x3 now.

MurderofKrow

Bird Brain
This is only a quick update, but I've gotten my name changed from Shadowkrow.

I'm at 570 SRs for Heatran in OR.

Congrats to the recent shinies and good luck to all ongoing hunts, especially Keane on Eterna Forest and Cyberra on Virizion. Sorry to here about the lost Cobalion, Iwanuq.