• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Twilit Dragoon

*omnious thunderstorm*
YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES:

[IMG139]http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t237/Storm_Dragoon/ASOR/IMG_1183_zps4d28783e.jpg[/IMG139]
[img139]http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t237/Storm_Dragoon/ASOR/IMG_1184_zps2c9a2b88.jpg[/img139]

OMG YES, after 171 SRs, I got shiny Latios! I'm shaking, this is absolutely crazy, I was totally NOT expecting this today. I was just complaining that my day was gone to the dogs when this thing shows up to make my day. I haven't stopped smiling since it showed up.

I cannot believe that I got a shiny Latios, I can never get the Eon Ticket due to living in the middle of nowhere, so this was my only option. I'm just sooooo happy that it decided to shine when it did.

[img139]http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t237/Storm_Dragoon/ASOR/IMG_1185_zps9a631cda.jpg[/img139]

HUGE shoutout to TheMaster327, good luck on your shiny Treecko :D. He pretty much predicted I was getting a shiny today and made me feel better about my crappy day, so thank you! Thanks as well to AquaRegisteel and crashandcortex :).

Congrats to RaichuArcanine for finally getting a shiny, Draknir, Lost™, oarfish, nickM, MurderofKrow, RightClick, Shiny Lord, cocoadragon and everyone else on their new shinies.

EDIT: Made a video for my shiny Latios right here if you want to see it, pardon any swears, I was just too excited.

Last edited:

Yoitsdaffy

Shiny Collector~
Grats to Storm_Dragoon on Latios, Shiny Lord on Zigzagoon, oarfish on Cresselia, Iwanuq sorry about Cobalion, RaichuArcanine on mudkip and Cyberra on sableye.

Currently sitting at 1200 SRs for Regirock. Very determined to get this shiny, as I've always wanted one. Good luck to everyone on their current hunts!

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
First of all, congratulations to everyone on their new Shinies. Yesterday night I spent an hour SRing and I did 50 soft resets for my Shiny Rayquaza hunt and this morning I also hatched about 25 more eggs for my other Shiny hunt. I plan on postponing my Shiny Rayquaza hunt soon to do SRs for a Shiny Deoxys in OR.

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
Shiny Zizagoon!!

My first foray into DexNav hunting for Shinies. It took me around 110-120 sneak encounters to obtain(the zigzagoon on that route got all the way to level 33, before hitting that 100 level reset), but i finally managed to reclaim one of my old lost shinies from a Ruby save file years and year ago. :D

I'm gonna keep this one untouched and continue my progress through the game for now, i've been speed playing as much as i can, as i want to get the Nat Dex & Shiny Charm, and start SR'ing for the Shiny Legendaries that appear in those portals.

[IMG139]http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn62/kirkeastment/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-11/161A4C6C-371B-4217-8AA7-4CAF60A2B923_zpswbulpzwf.jpg[/IMG139]
[IMG139]http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn62/kirkeastment/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-11/888CD6E5-15B0-4B37-8B73-9DEB5576290B_zpsiiqodg9l.jpg[/IMG139]

Last edited:

TheGreaterLucario

*sigh* All these Shiny ORAS Legends are making me feel disheartened.... I've been SRing for a Shiny Ho-oh for several days now with no luck.

I Pink Elephant

Shiny Hunter
Hi everyone. Been a little while since I posted, but I just thought I would comment and congratulate everyone on their shine hunts! You should all be very proud and happy with your new Pokemon buddies, no matter how long or quick it took you to find them.

As for my hunt, well, it had to be put on hold. I experienced a few problems with my (mental) health, so I put a lot of things on hold, including my hunt for a shiny Shieldon. However, after feel much better I continued with my hunt, and after a grand total of 2,500+ eggs, a blue little dino hatched! I was so happy! He has been my longest MM hunt by far (With shiny charm, I may add!) and was born with four IVs, with his Defense just missing one point or so from being perfect! Just goes to show, it will happen eventually!

[IMG139]http://i1274.photobucket.com/albums/y432/I_Pink_Elephant/b091b922-2013-4a3b-9d76-996999749623_zpsf45378fc.jpg[/IMG139]

After that, I decided to hunt for a shiny Buneary (As I adore the look of Mega Lopunny) but failed to find it before AS/OR was released, so that hunt is on hold whilst I play through the games. Oh, in the hours whilst waiting for the game to arrive, I decided to try Chain Fishing on Route 22 to find a shiny Carvanha for my AS/OR teams. I failed to find one, however I did find a shiny Goldeen! Then another... and another! Three shiny Goldeens in the space of 40 mins, I think. It should be noted that I previously caught a shiny Seaking in the very same place many moons ago. I am not downtrodden about the fact I have four shinies of the same species. In fact, I plan to one day return to that route and catch two more, so I can have an all-shiny, all Seaking team! :D

Anyway, after reciving AS/OR, I decided to do something different and try SR'ing for a shiny Treecko. After eight hours of un-stoped SR'ing though, I decided to give up and continue with the game. My reasoning is that I would much rather put time into finding a shiny legendary, rather then a Pokemon which I could hatch instead. My plan is to hunt for a shiny Latias, Kyogre and Rayquaza (They can be shiny... right?) no matter how long they take! :)

So, good luck with all the hunts! Have fun everyone! :)

It seems like a lot of people are finding shiny legendaries faster. Any word on if the shiny rate is better?

Possibly, but I would guess it just seems that way at the moment, as this is the first game where legendaries can be SR'd under the lower Gen 6 odds, I believe.

Last edited:

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Hi all, I started my SR hunt for torchic today, and I was just wondering, is the poochyena at the start of the game shiny locked? I was just wondering because I've had several female torchics, but every single poochyena I've had is male. That's either highly astronomical odds for a 50/50 gender, or it's meant to be a set non-shiny from the start. If it is, I guess they wanted to avoid all the complaints about uncatchable ones.

Iwanuq

Iwan
Congrats everyone! I'm back again to say I've been hunting for Cobalion after accidentally running away from it on Omega Ruby, but about twenty minutes ago I got him back and reclaimed him! This time I made sure to stay calm and stay completely away from that run away button! I tried false swiping him but it wasn't very effective so I decided to paralyze him instead and throw some timer balls at him and I caught him on the fourth one! Good luck to all those hunting and thanks for the condolences on my accidental run away and once again congrats everyone!

RaichuArcanine

Hunting Sparkles
Thank you everyone for your congratulations on Kippa :) I'm getting OR next week so my goal is now to get Chimchar before next Saturday. Today I am so anxious and depressed but I'm gonna try and hunt to fight it..On 18,225 SR's atm. Best of luck all, congrats on all the cool recent shiny finds...
~RaichuArcanine~

Cyberra

pain in the ***
ANOTHER shiny! I was hatching swablu today, looking for the elusive 6IV DW female to breed with, when egg 226 hatches golden!

[IMG139]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Primus001/Shiny%20Pokemon/picture7183_zps1b723645.jpg[/IMG139]

Community hunt complete x7!

She got Natural Cure instead of Cloud Nine, though, which I'm not so pleased about, but she's Calm-natured and the important IVs are there. Will be training her in SpDEF and probably SpATK. (Never did find a 6IV female but did hatch two 6IV males.) Now I'm hatching winter-form deerling, 30 eggs into the hunt and up to a 5IV female. Anybody have an autumn-form deerling they'd be willing to part with?

And here is the sableye I caught last night...

[IMG139]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Primus001/Shiny%20Pokemon/picture7162_zpsf1de50f7.jpg[/IMG139]

Supremacy

Shiny Hunter
Gratz to Siria on Tranpinch and Bagon, kirkeastment on Mudkip and Zigzagoon, Shine on Reshiram, shinyclauncher1234 on Cobalion, Storm_Dragoon on Taillow and Latios, Draknir on Audino, Lost on Zigzagoon, oarfish on Registeel, nickM on Treecko, Murderofkrow on Torchic, RightClick on Kecleon, cocoadragon on Torchic, Shiny Lord on Zigzagoon, I, Pink Elephant on Shieldon, Iwanuq on Cobalion, Cyberra on Swablu, and everyone else!

I didn't know you could find Shiny Rayquaza in OR/AS. I'll definitely start SRing for that.

Lorde is hunting Rayquaza on the original ruby, not ORAS. It still hasn't been confirmed if the weather trio is able to be shiny yet.

----------

Well I'm at day 3 for Tornadus and nothing yet. These SRs are kinda long since I have to keep flying on Latios to reach Tornadus, but no where near as bad as the XY starter SRs and I had to do over 10k+ of those for Fennekin, so this is a breeze compared to that =p. Hopefully Tornadus shines soon.

Good luck everyone!

KittyKitty3308

Shiny Hunter
Hey everyone!!

I'm just stopping by to say congrats to everyone who has gotten their shinies lately! I have been working on a OR BQ by SRing for Treeko and I am still believing that Deoxys can be shiny so I have been working on that for about a week. I will definitely let yall know if i get shiny Deoxys so that ya'll can have legit confirmation that it can be shiny! :)

tui

moon upon a stick
Congrats to: Murderofkrow on Torchic, RightClick on Kecleon, cocoadragon on Torchic, wobbanut on Luvdisc, Shiny Lord on Zigzagoon x2, Cyberra on Sableye and Swablu, RaichuArcanine on Mudkip, oarfish on Cresselia, Storm_Dragoon on Latios, kirkeastment on Zigzagoon, I, Pink Elephant on Shieldon, Iwanuq on reclaiming Cobalion, and to anyone else I missed!

Thank you for the congrats, Murderofkrow and cocoadragon!
Thank you Murderofkrow for the luck!
Blastonite, your SRs shouldn't be lost! Just wait until Cobalion comes back and carry on from there - they're odds, no amount of work can be made to add up to get a shiny, so you can't lose anything. Each SR has the same chance of producing a shiny pokemon, no matter how many SRs you done before.

It seems like a lot of people are finding shiny legendaries faster. Any word on if the shiny rate is better?
I think it's still the same as XY, people are just more eager to hunt the legendaries now that they're not shiny locked! There's no difference, if not a decrease from the shinies found and posted in this thread for the release of ORAS than the release of XY, so I'm guessing that they're the same. But I haven't experienced shiny hunting within ORAS firsthand, so don't take my word for it.

I'm now at 1,232 encounters in Eterna and at 2,130 SRs for Registeel in Platinum. Thinking over what I'd like to hunt in Pearl - all these legendaries are making me want to them, but that'd mean playing through Pearl which I'm not sure I can be bothered enough to do at the minute! I particularly want to hunt Cresselia, but I love love love her sprite in Platinum and would much rather see her appear like that ahah. Or, I could go halfway, catch every Unown then hunt for a shiny !? Unown. I'm not sure but I really feel as if I need a short break from working in Eterna.

Good luck everyone, especially CpChris with Scyther, AquaRegisteel with your FEs, pokemaster13 with Weedle and Chimchar, Silvah_Rush with Treecko, Shy with Mudkip, Lorde with Rayquaza and Magby, jrmftw with Sprout Tower, Murderofkrow with your BQ, Tina with Archen, Cyberra with Virizion and RaichuArcanine and cocadragon with your Chimchars!

Last edited:

tothewest88

Finally, I have my first shiny on Omega Ruby! After Soft Resetting for Mudkip for SEVEN freaking days, 10,000+ SR's & over 20 hours of SR's, I gave up & decided to start my game with a female Mudkip. I figured I'd be able to send a shiny one over from my X game down the road. After doing some Horde Encounters for about an hour in Petalburg Forest, this little lady decided to show up! : http://imgur.com/oYihtrr

Cutty

Forever now
2,000 SRs Still no sunshine in my Alpha Sapphire game...

I can imagine myself still sring for the shiny starter till xmas...

Then new year comes... o_O

Prakhar

Normal: The abnormal
I was breeding a Speed Boost venipede using my 6 IV Jpn Ditto, and it got a SHINY one!!!

It had gr8 IV's but.....

it had SWARM!! WHY WHY WHY!!!!!

RightClick

Shiny Collector
Congrats Storm Dragoon on one of the coolest shinies out there, also to Shiny Lord, oarfish, Prakhar, tothewest, Iwanuq, Cyberra, kirk, and RaichuArcanine! My hunt for the yellow Charmander continues, on my 5th box of eggs now. Bright side, so much wonder trade fodder that I always win the poke-lottery.