• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Hi folks its been a while, I have had some pretty amazing live hunts lately but i'm here to now advertise my new channel and my most recent live shiny... its a live fully legit shiny Latios in Alpha sapphire via the Eon ticket!!

Heres the video for anyone interested (my reaction is priceless xD)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qApwRjsAPdQ

What music is that playing at the start of the video? And congrats on latios. You have no idea how jealous I am... I have little to no chance of getting the eon ticket. The closest game store, EB Games, is five hours away; I live in the middle of nowhere and I have no friends IRL who might get it for me to get it from. Sometimes it really sucks living where I do... I miss out on all the in-store distributions.

Today was Halo gaming day so virizion is still at 17,100 SRs in White 2. Deerling has decided to take a leaf from my Black 2 shiny deerling's book and is being a pain in the backside, at 825 eggs. At least in Gen 6 it can't be as much of a pain as it was in Gen 5... (4,200+ eggs)

Regarding the difficulty with obtaining the Eon Ticket, there is a technique called "homepass" which involves modifying your router setup to basically nab streetpasses from wherever on the internet. I hate messing with my router so I haven't tried it. I don't know if it is perfectly safe either.

I would be in so many different kinds of trouble if I tried messing with the router...

Edit: Shiny sandile #3 has just popped out of the dark fs at 1,582 REs. Still looking for that mightyena.

Last edited:

JohnNiles

Regarding the difficulty with obtaining the Eon Ticket, there is a technique called "homepass" which involves modifying your router setup to basically nab streetpasses from wherever on the internet. I hate messing with my router so I haven't tried it. I don't know if it is perfectly safe either.

I haven't gotten any shinies lately- I set aside SRing for legendaries in order to continue breeding shinies for an OR playthrough. I am amazed by all the shiny legendaries raining down. I don't like SRing on a 3DS, so it's going to be a struggle.

Hi folks its been a while, I have had some pretty amazing live hunts lately but i'm here to now advertise my new channel and my most recent live shiny... its a live fully legit shiny Latios in Alpha sapphire via the Eon ticket!!

Heres the video for anyone interested (my reaction is priceless xD)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qApwRjsAPdQ

That was definitely some reaction. I must be the only person who is completely silent when obtaining a shiny (I live alone though, so it doesn't really matter). I dread having my Synchronizer level up and evolve like yours did. What does "WSHC" stand for, World Shiny Hunting Championship? How does one win?

Last edited:

Shiny Lord

So I just caught my 2nd shiny of the day and third shiny for my Badgequest. A Shiny Oddish in Omega Ruby!! Can't believe it. It is male and has careful nature. Don't know what that means I should evolve it into. Anyone have any ideas? Minus Sp. Atk and Plus Sp. Def. Ability Chlorophyll.

Cpchris

Shiny Hunter
Congrats to unicornhiccup on Lugia, Kyle Clarthy on Zekrom, Mewtwo Ex on Reshiram and Kyurem, Mestear on Charmander, dark1raven3 on Cresselia, Ice Lock on Whismur, pokemaster13 on Caterpie, kirkeastment on Cobalion and Reshiram, Kyle Clarthy on Dialga and both Ralts and Mantine and Trapnich and Torchic, LilyValley on Mesprit, Psynergy on Regirock, Eclair~ on Zekrom, 2rsa on Zekrom, Dylz on Latios, pokemaster13 on Caterpie, Silvah_Rush on Treecko, TheMaster327 on Whismur, PKMN Trainer Gray on Pupitar and Bulbasaur and Gible and Froakie and Espurr and Scyther, maldoror on Terrakion, Ryuken on Reshiram, Lost on Mudkip, Pokepro1992 on Latios, Shiny Lord on Oddish, and everyone else on your shinies!

Thank you for the good luck, Keane :)

That really sucks about Registeel, Keane :( Good luck reclaiming it!

Also, good to see you again, Prince of May and Cp! And of course all the other guys (you know who you are!)

You as well, of course!

-----------

That was definitely some reaction. I must be the only person who is completely silent when obtaining a shiny (I live alone though, so it doesn't really matter). I dread having my Synchronizer level up and evolve like yours did. What does "WSHC" stand for, World Shiny Hunting Championship? How does one win?

Not quite, I don’t make any noise either :p Also, “Winter Shiny Hunting Cup”…Even though there isn’t any cup involved. Same with “ISHC” – “International Shiny Hunting Cup” (in the summer). Get in teams of up to 5, finding shinies earns you points, and at least in the ISHC, there are sometimes ways to earn bonus points (like completing a trio amongst your team, or a completing a weekly theme). It’s also via Youtube, so you have to upload videos. Team with the most points wins.

-----------

Managed to do 200 REs, 100 REs, and 300 REs on Fri/Sat/Sun. Now at 3,300 REs on Black 2, 9,400 REs on Platinum, and 6,200 HBs on HeartGold. Still waiting for one more shiny before the end of the year to match the number of shinies I found last year (and to put me at 1 more ahead of the number I caught last year :x). I've been hunting more regularly at least, so hopefully I get rewarded more this month for my efforts.

Good luck, everyone (especially markasdarkas, cocoadragon, MurderofKrow, RaichuArcanine, pokemaster13, Tina, jrmftw, Lorde, Cyberra, Shy, and Lunafloon)!

LilyValley

Useless Sceptile
I have been resetting for Reshiram with no results yet. I'm overjoyed on Game Freak's decision to leave Mirage Spot Pokémon without a lock. Around the time I first started posting here, I found a shiny Terrakion in Black 2 and I will be looking for it again in OR.
I really don't like getting duplicates, but that Terrakion was Timid (It seems every time I get the most competitively viable member of a shiny legendary trio, it has the worst nature regarding base stats...) and even in full odds took less than 50 resets. But before that, I believe I will be hatching Dratini again.

2rsa

Shiny Hunter
I bought my OR version. I'm going to SR for a nice TID and then a starter. I can't wait to get to Reshiram, But I really want a shiny starter and shiny Latios. :p

Congratz on all the recent shines and good luck^^

Alfred Jones

Cryptic thoughts
I'm currently SRing for shiny Cresselia, but I did get Shiny Reshiram last week!

EDIT: Nevermind I just encountered it!

Last edited:

Psychic

Really and truly
Congrats to everyone on the recent shinies, and good luck to those hunting!

I just got my first MM shiny! I was breeding a Blissey from SoulSilver in a Love Ball with nice IVs in Y version, and a Chansey hatched green on my 22nd egg! She's modest and has perfect IVs in everything but attack. I'm considering naming her Elphaba or Elphie after the protagonist of Wicked. :>

Prakhar

Normal: The abnormal
Again did 70 more dexnav chains for the absol, i havent beaten the 7th Gym and battling the absols made my pokemon level 70 already!.
But, still no red horn/scythe thingy

maldoror

So, last night I decided I was going to try this Dexnav chaining thing for Buneary. I got it up to around 15 and took a break to do some stuff around the house. I come back and hit the radar again. First one pops up, three star potential with sky uppercut as its first move. I thought out loud, this would make a good shiny while sneaking up on it. Sure enough, a pink puffed rabbit popped up! She is adamant natured as well. I have tried for Buneary on multiple generations with no luck, so I am pretty happy with this.

I am now soft resetting for Azelf.

Congrats to all on your recent shinies and good luck on your ongoing hunts!

AzulTheCerulean20

Borne by Valkyries
Finishing up the game and catching Groudon post Elite-4, decided that before I start EV training I would go route from route catching all pokemon to complete the DexNav, working my way from LittleRoot town and so forth, only got to route 103 (decided to do this one before 102 just because) and I already got a shiny, a nice Tentacool.

Shinies obtained: 2/719

Scrufox86

Hi all congrats to all new shinies since my last post. I have no shiny news right now. I am at the Lati@s stage of OR I just got it and saved (I already SRed a shiny Latios on Gen V games so not too bothered about getting another) well questions I have for those who have completed the game are: While SRing for legendaries in the mirage spots how long has it taken you to find a shiny legendary? Do you know if the odds are like the friend safari so 1/500? Also regarding the dexnav, does anyone know if this in some way helps get shinies?

Good luck shiny hunters!

Razorbadger

Congrats to TheMaster327 on Treecko and Whismur (Brooke's rant was truly incredible), Echo Nacyl on Reshiram and Tornadus, Twilit Dragoon on Reshiram, Psynergy on Shuppet and Regirock, maldoror on Cobalion, Virizion and Terrakion, wobbanut on Torchic, Swopie on Ho-oh, dark1raven3 on Eevee, Reshiram and Cresselia, *Murkrow on Ho-oh, KzBreakdown on Sandile, Scrufox86 on Zubat and Ducklett, Zekromaster826 on Azelf, Cheeze IOW on Aron, unicornhiccup on Lugia, Kyle Clarthy on Zekrom, Dialga, both Ralts, Yanma, Mantine, Trapinch, Tyrunt, Wurmple, Absol and Torchic, Mewtwo Ex on Reshiram and Kyurem, Mestear on Charmander, Blastonite on Raikou and Mudkip, Ice Lock on Whismur, pokemaster13 on both Caterpie (hope Weedle shines soon), kirkeastment on Cobalion and Reshiram, LilyValley on Mespirit, Eclair~ on Zekrom, 2rsa on Zekrom, Dylz on Latios, Numel and Swablu, Dragoniss on Goldeen, ClipOwl on Whismur, Silvah_Rush on Treecko, Shiny Lord on Makuhita and Oddish, Ryuken on Reshiram, Lost on Mudkip, Kingzard on Spinda, Pokepro1992 on Latios, Alfred Jones on Reshiram and Cresselia, Psychic on Chansey and everyone else on your shinies.

Thanks to Supremacy, Twilit Dragoon, Keovix, Cpchris, Akko, Keane and ClipOwl for the congrats.

Sorry about Registeel Keane, hope you reclaim it soon.

Sorry to hear about your dog and cat The Prince of May.

So I finished Omega Ruby earlier today which means that I can get back to hunting. I thought the game was excellent and the Delta Episode was a beautiful addition to the story. Firstly I'm starting my Heart Gold Badge Quest with the starter hunt which is currently at 400 SRs. I can see this being a quick hunt, even if it does go well over odds. This is because as well as viewing three Pokemon at once the SRs are incredibly fast, at a rate of around 150 an hour. Compare this to my Mudkip hunt on OR where I was doing at best 90 an hour that means I'll be seeing five times the amount of starters per hour than in OR which is a bit ridiculous to be honest.

Playing through OR I've identified various hunts that I want to do at some point. Aside from the obvious legendary and starter SRs there's also multiple routes I want to RE on and I also want to try SRing with the Dexnav on Route 101 for Zoura and SR fish on Route 119 for Feebas (I know SRing is a ton less efficient than chaining but I'd rather not do anything to alter the odds). Perhaps the hunt that interests me the most, and something that I've not seen anyone else do yet, is doing encounters whilst Soaring. I didn't even know that this was a possibility until yesterday when I got the Eon Flute but I think it would be a really unique way to hunt and there is a range of Pokemon in the skies from common Hoenn natives such as Swablu and Tailow to rarer Pokemon that aren't native to Hoenn such as Drifloon and Braviary. I think that will be my next hunt after one of the Johto starters shine.

Finally I just want to add that I think that I'm done with my MM hunt for fossil Pokemon in X. Hatching eggs for shinies is not something that really excites me anymore, as shown by how little progress I've made towards Cranidos in the last two months.

EDIT: @Scrufox86, whilst it's not really clear what the Mirage Spot odds are for the legends they likely aren't as low as 1/500, although it's possible that they are lower than 1/4096. As for the Dexnav it is pretty clear at this point that it acts as a chaining device in a similar way as to how chain fishing works.

Good luck hunting everyone :)

Last edited:

tui

moon upon a stick
Congrats to: Dragoniss on Goldeen, pokemaster13 on yet another Caterpie, Keovix on Hoothoot, Farfetch'd and Electrode, Kingzard on Swablu and Spinda, ClipOwl on Whismur, Silvah_Rush on Treecko, TheMaster327 on Whismur, Cheeze IOW on Roselia, Shiny Lord on Makuhita and Oddish, PKMN Trainer Gray on Tyranitar, Venusaur, Garchomp, Greninja, Meowstic, Scizor, Zoroark, Charizard x2, Vivillon, Gengar, Audino and Weavile, TheGreaterLucario on Feebas, maldoror on Terrakion and Buneary, Ryuken on Reshiram, Lost™ on Mudkip, TripleDan on Oddish, Shinehollow on Petilil, Tagi on Drowzee and Drifblim, Pokepro1992 on Latios, Cyberra on Sandile, Alfred Jones on Cresselia and Reshiram, Psychic on Chansey, AzulTheCerulean20 on Tentacool, Blastonite on Latios and to anyone else I missed!

Thank you for the condolences on Registeel everyone! It'll be reclaimed someday soon, depending on how my BQ progresses, either before or after Cranidos.
I'm sorry to hear about your dog and cat, The Prince Of May. Sending thoughts to you & your family, I hope everything can level out soon.

I'm now at 3,800 REs in Eterna Forest and at 4,000 REs for Surskit - made some decent progress yesterday, especially with Eterna. Hopefully, if I get a Murkrow, I'll be able to put that hunt under wraps and carry on with my BQ soon! Planning a Honey Tree SR next, because I'd be happy with almost everything from a Honey tree.

Good luck everyone, especially Supremacy on Tornadus, CpChris with Scyther, AquaRegisteel with your FEs, pokemaster13 with Weedle and Chimchar, Shy with Mudkip, Lorde with Rayquaza and Magby, jrmftw with Sprout Tower, Murderofkrow with your BQ, Tina with Archen, Cyberra with Virizion and RaichuArcanine and cocadragon with your Chimchars!

Typhlosion_Hunter_Mark

Galaxy Trainer
Made some good progress on my Treecko SR hunt. It now sits at 800 SRs. I had a few missclicks, so I also checked a couple of Torchicks. And one time my fingers trolled me and SRd before actually seeing the Treecko get out of the ball.

Congrats on the new shinies and good luck shiny hunting!

dark1raven3

Pokemon breeder

Volvagia

Hey everyone!

So I am/was hunting a Shiny Reshiram and I really wanted one with a good nature.... I found one just now but my synchronizer didn't work. I tried to get a timid one but got a naughty one instead. It's IVs ware 31/31/31/31/04/10. Now... am I crazy enough to reset so that I get a chance at a good natured one?

I'm really unsure about this - I have the shiny charm and all but it took 5 days to get it.

Supremacy

Shiny Hunter
Gratz to Dylz on Numel and Swablu, Dragoniss on Goldeen, pokemaster13 on Caterpie, Keovix on Hoothoot, Farfetched and Electrode, Kingzard on Swablu and Spinda, Clipowl on Whismur, Silvah_Rush on Treecko, TheMaster327 on Whismur, Cheeze IOW on Roselia, Shiny Lord on Makuhita and Oddish, maldoror on Terrakion and Buneary, Ryuken on Reshiram, Lost on Mudkip, TripleDan on Oddish, PokePro1992 on Latios, Alfred Jones on Cresselia, AzulTheCerulean20 on Tentacool, Blastonite on Latios, and everyone else!

Sorry about that Registeel Keane, but seeing how determined you are with your hunts I'm sure you'll reclaim it with no problem. :]

Also, sorry about your pets Prince of May; hope you're doing okay.

-------------

Tornadus Tornadus Tornadus.. Why do you remain so elusive =[? It doesn't help that there doesn't seem to be any shiny Tornadus vids or atleast a picture to draw motivation from, but I just have to keep telling myself that there's no way that gamefreak would shiny lock Tornadus with the other two Kami's being possible to find shiny (right..?!?) This is like Mandibuzz all over again.. except I'm not giving up this time! Which reminds me, I should go back to that Mandibuzz hunt; kinda bothers me that I never finished it. Anyways, Tornadus is currently at ~7644 SRs and is slowly picking away at my sanity!

Lol, good luck guys. :]

Hey everyone!

So I am/was hunting a Shiny Reshiram and I really wanted one with a good nature.... I found one just now but my synchronizer didn't work. I tried to get a timid one but got a naughty one instead. It's IVs ware 31/31/31/31/04/10. Now... am I crazy enough to reset so that I get a chance at a good natured one?

I'm really unsure about this - I have the shiny charm and all but it took 5 days to get it.

I actually had a really similar issue with Latios in Black 2. You see, Latios is one of my favorite legends and I really wanted a shiny one I could use competitively. I managed to SR a shiny one but the sync didn't work, so after some thinking I actually SR'd over it. I usually would NEVER do this but I had the shiny charm in that game so I felt confident to restart the hunt and sure enough, the sync worked on the next shiny Latios I got. So, with that being said. Go for it if you really want it. :]

Last edited: