• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Earlier today after work, I did another 60-70 soft resets for my Shiny Rayquaza hunt on Ruby version. I also hatched another 30 or so Magby eggs for my other Shiny hunt as well this afternoon. I plan on doing soft resets for a Shiny Reshiram on Omega Ruby this weekend, assuming that Reshiram isn't Shiny locked. :x

Twilit Dragoon

*omnious thunderstorm*
Earlier today after work, I did another 60-70 soft resets for my Shiny Rayquaza hunt on Ruby version. I also hatched another 30 or so Magby eggs for my other Shiny hunt as well this afternoon. I plan on doing soft resets for a Shiny Reshiram on Omega Ruby this weekend, assuming that Reshiram isn't Shiny locked. :x

Reshiram isn't shiny locked, I have a shiny one already:

[img139]http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t237/Storm_Dragoon/ASOR/IMG_0011_zpsfb71be71.jpg[/img139]

Took me 3317 SRs. The only Pokemon that are shiny locked are Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza and Deoxys.

~

Not much of an update, real life got busy today. I ended up getting some studded snow tires installed on my car and had an eye appointment today, so I didn't get to hunt much(but yay new tires and glasses!).

I'm currently at 2780 SRs for shiny Regirock, exactly 2700 SRs since I SRd over that shiny one. I'm going to stop at 2800 for the night, as I'm sleepy. Not much going on in my other hunts, as I was busy for most of the day.

Congrats to everyone on their new shinies.

Keovix

Sorry to hear about your chameleon MurderofKrow

Congrats to wobbanut on Torkoal, Iwanuq on Mightyena, Greedy Chibi on Sandshrew, Sutittaja on Ralts, Keane on Wurmple and Budew, Blastonite on Zubat, *Murkrow on Murkrow, MurderofKrow on Voltorb, Danisher on Bronzor, Razorbadger on Chikorita and everyone else on your shinies!

Earlier today I found a shiny female Tranquil in the X Flying FS, she has hasty nature (adamant sync failed), now I'm trying to get a male Tranquil and evolve them, so far 354 RE's.

Suicune hunt on AS is so close to 1K SR's (currently 983), he will shine eventually just gotta keep trying.

Lastly Steelix won't shine in SS, so far I have done 5340 RE's.

Good luck to everyone on your current hunts! :)

ohjeezitskim

Finally got my laptop fixed! However I'm still on my kindle atm
Since its 2am and I'm in bed lolol.
I made not much progress on Lugia but I'm at 1,950...
Getting close to that 2k mark.. lame! Well I know it'll be worth
It so I can't wait until he shines! Also did some REs in my
Y BQ but ultimately stopped because my SRs were going slow
Since I had to pay attention and move my character on there
My parent come back from vacation tomorrow so I will be cleaning
most of the day tomorrow but I kept the house in good shape
So it shouldn't take too long

Planning on getting to 2,050-2,125 SRs tomorrow! Though I also have a party to go to...
Oh boy!

GL on your hunts =3

Echo Nacyl

MM has smiled upon me at last! I was just preparing to take a break to SR my X version's Diancie and my last batch for the night finally popped out the shiny Chimecho I've been striving for. 762nd egg. I can't wait to see my sweetheart's expression--he loves Chimecho.

Orithan

On my last playthrough of Diamond, I managed to randomly find and catch a shiny Budew in Eterna Forest. Already traded it away for a legendary that I needed for the shiny charm in X/Y.

Iwanuq

Iwan
Congrats to everyone on their recent shiny's! Sorry to hear about your chameleon. MurderofKrow
Today I decided to horde hunt for a Machop or Spoink in the Jagged pass and I got a shiny Machop :). I was dual hunting, in my omega Ruby and my pokemon x. In my Pokemon x I got a shiny dragonair. My next destination in pokemon omega Ruby was to try for a Roselia but I ended up getting a shiny Marill :). I am currently hunting for a shiny Eevee in my Pokemon x and a shiny poocheyena in my Pokemon omega Ruby. Good luck to everyone on their hunts!

Blastonite

Dream Crusher
Well I did it guys :) I hatched my Shiny Zubat, Number 3 was lucky for me again. This time though It's a Female.....With Infiltrator.....AND 6IV!!!!!

My 2nd ever Shiny 6IV Pokemon with HA :D SO HAPPY!!!!!

http://instagram.com/p/wi-2J6L6uW/?modal=true

Congrats to all who have seen the Shine and to those still searching I hope you see the Shine soon :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aight WTF is going on with the Wynaut Egg from the Hot Springs old lady. The thing REFUSES to hatch. I HAVE to use hatch power for the Wynuat egg to hatch. Is this **** bugged or something? Cause if so there is no efficient way to hatch that egg cause you hatch it faster than you can regain OPowerOrbs.

Last edited:

The Scientist

Question for those who have failed to catch a shiny on XY/ORAS. Does the shiny dex entry still show up after the battle? In other words, can you view the shiny form in your Pokedex even without having captured it?

Thanks!

Cheeze IOW

Found a shiny Ho-Oh after what must of been under 200 SRs, I seem to have great luck while SRing. Quite annoyed I had to use my master ball on it, but it risk using another ball which if it failed would of meant Ho-Oh struggling and fainting which I didn't want to take that risk on my first shiny legendary, so master ball it was. Almost forgot to say congrats to everyone on their recent shinies and good luck to everyone on their hunts, hopefully you can all borrow some of my SRing luck.

Last edited:

Prakhar

Normal: The abnormal
I broke my absol chain,
I am now working on getting the shiny charm (which is SO hard to get), so i can do the chaining once more.

V

Shiny Hunter
Hopefully now that school is done (BYE BYE FINALS WEEK MWHAHAHAHA) I can start resetting more. I still have work, but my prayer is tht after the holiday they start scheduling less again, I'm sick if working until 10 or 11 every night :( makes me super sleepy. I'm a really stubborn person, so I end up staying up until at least 1 am when I have to work until 11 because I refuse to let other people monopolize what would otherwise be my free time. I WILL do what I to do for even a little bit. Anyway, enough of my rambling. I'll be late for work.

HEAR ME NOW, TREECKO! You WILL be MINE!

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
Congrats to Sutittaja on 2 Ralts, Keane on Wurmple and Budew, Blastonite on 2 Zubat, *Murkrow on Murkrow, MurderofKrow on Heatran, Danisher on Bronzor, Razorbadger on Chikorita, Keovix on Tranquill, Echo Nacyl on Chimecho, Iwanuq on Machop, Dragonair and Marill, Cheese IOW on Ho-oh, and everyone else on their new shinies :)

Sorry to hear about your chameleon MurderofKrow :(

I'm now up to 200 SRs for my Suicune hunt. I've had to put this hunt on hold for a bit due to me leaving the area. Once Suicune appears again, I'll resume my hunt. Only 20 minutes to wait. I hope it shines soon as I'm already starting to lose patience with this hunt. SRing is a bit boring for my tastes, but I'll probably try for one of the other legendaries as well, namely Virizion and Reshiram.

Good luck to everyone in their hunts.

Diego24

Congrats and Good luck to everybody!

Its about 5 months since I last time found shiny. I didnt have time and mood for hunting. Before oras came out, I started MM Treecko.
Now I am playing oras and trying to get shiny charm for legends, because they look amazing.
Today I traded a lot of pokemon from my X to AS (i dont have bank) then i realised that i dont have huntail in box, so i was fishing on route 12 and found this:
DSC_0025.jpg

TheMaster327

Guys, if you check the GTS now, there are some seemingly Hoenn-based shiny Deoxys on there. I found 10 in the first 2 pages. Does this mean that Deoxys isn't locked? Or are they hacked? They seem legit as they are all level 80 or higher, asking for stuff like Jirachi, Diancie and the like...

In other news, 896 REs in the desert for BQ #5 and counting...

That many? Probably hacked and cloned.

One day I hopped onto the GTS to find a slew of shiny Jirachi, all with vulgar nicknames. Some people really have nothing better to do with their time.

Well, not all of them came from the same place... But I thought hacked stuff couldn't be placed on the GTS?

Last edited:

Zekromaster826

Casual Shiny Hunter
So I was looking for a HA slowpoke in Mirage Cave and I accidentally found a shiny Slowpoke! He has a Calm nature (Really good actually) and has Belly Drum, now if a kind soul would like to be a doll and help me evolve him that would be sweet, I'll either do some evos back or give you a 5iv jolly weedle (PM me if you can help) GL to the hunts still going and grats to the recent shinies!

EDIT: Just got it evolved nvm

Last edited:

TheGreaterLucario

WOOHOOOOO! After many long days of training my Sceptile up to LV. 100, I finally was able to encounter Reshiram! And on the fifth reset...... IT SHINED! I am now the very proud owner of a beautiful Shiny Reshiram!

JohnNiles

Guys, if you check the GTS now, there are some seemingly Hoenn-based shiny Deoxys on there. I found 10 in the first 2 pages. Does this mean that Deoxys isn't locked? Or are they hacked? They seem legit as they are all level 80 or higher, asking for stuff like Jirachi, Diancie and the like...

In other news, 896 REs in the desert for BQ #5 and counting...

That many? Probably hacked and cloned.

One day I hopped onto the GTS to find a slew of shiny Jirachi, all with vulgar nicknames. Some people really have nothing better to do with their time.

edit: I'm too lazy to post pictures, but I did get a shiny after like, a month? I haven't been counting. Last night I ran into the grass while cycling for eggs, which happens more than I would like. A shiny Volbeat appeared (or maybe it was an Illumise?). I got excited, then I remembered it was a Volbeat. Nevertheless, I boxed it.

This morning I hatched a shiny Trapinch. I've been working on getting a party of five for a shiny playthrough - the sixth slot will be saved for any shinies that I happen to bump into along the way. Took a while... hopefully the next/last one goes better.

Last edited:

KittyKitty3308

Shiny Hunter
Omg! Omg! Omg! After 3 weeks of SRing, shiny FEMALE Treecko is MINE!

Aaaaaaaannnnddddddd........ It's Adament. -_- Oh well. I'm just going to rock with a physical Sceptile! I'm so glad I finally got her! I named her Forestine. I don't know what I will hunt for for my second BQ shiny.... Maybe Sableye... Hmmm.....

(Edit: JK. Can't get Sableye yet. So I might have a whirl at Skitty.)

Congrats everyone who has gotten a shiny today and good luck to those still at Birch! You will get your starter soon!

EDIT: OH! COMMUNITY HUNT COMPLETE! :)

Last edited: