• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Cheeze IOW

Does anyone know the shiny rates while Dexnav chaining? Because I'm on a chain of 250! pretty much 4 hours and still nothing, which is driving me insane.

Kingzard

Shiny Hunter
I FOUND HIM. Omg, at 2,046 Run Aways, SHINY LATIOS is now mine!!!

[IMG300]http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp44/Kitsuneii/pokemon/20141214_215013_zps6mnzudmk.jpg[/IMG300]

I tried so hard to get an Eon Ticket just so I can find these Latis shiny...They've been my favorite Hoenn pokemon since the Original Ruby and Sapphire.

Latias is my favorite; Sapphire was my first 3rd gen game...I tried to SR for her but with my luck and the 3 min SRs, I couldn't do it. So it was all on finding the Eon Ticket. ^^ Now I have him, I'm just waiting on Torchic to shine in OR so I can reset for my favorite Lati twin.

More pics of course:

[IMG300]http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp44/Kitsuneii/pokemon/20141214_215849_zps58ot80ws.jpg[/IMG300]

[IMG300]http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp44/Kitsuneii/pokemon/20141214_220239_zpsqpk3zy0u.jpg[/IMG300]

He is Rash natured, Timid synch failed. Can't complain because it's at least a +SpAtk nature. His IVs make me a bit sad with:

31 HP / 31 ATK / 21 DEF / 11 SPATK / 31 SPDEF / 5 SPD

Y PERFECT ATK LATIOS??

Oh well. He is shiny and I am so so sooo happy to have him. And to top it off, I caught him in a Premier Ball, which what I really want him and his other half in.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL ~ Hope you see sparkles soon!!! Cheers!

TheGreaterLucario

Well, I have some unexpected Shiny news. I was Wonder Trading last night to see what I could get, when someone gave me a Shiny Japanese Numel! Why someone would Wonder Trade something like that is beyond me, but hey, one trainer's trash is another trainer's treasure!

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I have been playing Pokemon for almost 10 years now. I have only seen a Shiny once, and that was back in Emerald when I found an Aron. However, my team far out leveled it, and due to how young I was, I didn't even consider the possibility of throwing Ultra Balls with out first weakening it, so I knocked it out. Now, all these years later, I have literally just found a SHINY SWABLU!!!!!!!! Having learned from the Aron fiasco I just threw an Ultra Ball and caught it on my first try. I'm so overjoyed right now. It's funny that my first Shiny found was in Hoenn, and now my first one caught is back in Hoenn. I've come full circle.

Keovix

Congrats to Cheeze IOW on Poochyena and Corpish, umbreonfan3636 on Treecko, Arcaten on Feebas and Corpish, Mewtwo Ex on Azelf and Heatran, dark1raven3 on Marril, Makuhita and Misdreavus, KittyKitty3308 on Carvahna and Skitty, Pokepro1992 on Eevee, Blastonite on Shroomish, Shiny Lord on Wurmple, Super Pichu Chan on Drowzee, Growlithe, ohjeezitskim on Lugia, TheBlueHoundoom on Drifloon, Kingzard on Latios, TheGreaterLucario on Numel, Bguy7 on Swablu and everyone else on your shinies! :)

I have found two shinies since my last post, while hunting for a male Tranquill, I decided to try a different Flying FS that had Tranquill but also Pidgey (enough shiny Farfetch'd tbh) and after 270 RE's a shiny Pidgey appeared, forgot to take a photo when it was a Pidgey and it's too late now since I made it evolve by defeating the E4 again. Here are the photos of each evolution.

And finally I traded it to AS to megaevolve it right in front of Suicune.

COMUNNITY HUNT COMPLETE! :)

Also what I was fearing happened, a shiny appeared in SS but not Steelix instead Quagsire shone after 6706 RE's, caught it in a love ball to make it even more special.

I'm happy about this shiny but now I'm back to zero hoping Steelix shines next time. Quagsire and any other shiny I find in Mt. Silver will stay in HGSS until Steelix appears, wanna take a photo with all of them before sending them to the 6th Gen.

Gonna start hunting in HG aswell, first I will farm some apricorn balls there, that would be 3 games, really wanna get that shiny Steelix.

Suicune hunt still keeps going, so far I've done 1481 SR's.

Good luck to everyone on your current hunts! :)

Shabadoo

King of Mediocrity
It's been a dog's age since I've been here....Well, updates! For palpark reasons and me finding my long lost cart of pokemon emerald, Platinum and HG have moved from being badge quests to legendary quests! So I'm beating the games with a shiny starter then going on a mad hunting spree. I haven't the patience for BQing though I might take a second shot on my other platinum cart. Once I'm finished with emerald and got all my pokes up to white I'll probably go on a mad RNG shiny spree because I'm a talentless hack sometimes! Anyway, so I'll be absent from any real hunting for a week or so. Congrats to the those who got a shiny, good luck to those on the hunt! See ya around!

Sparky Mc-S

Let the sparks fly~
Congrats everyone for the recent shinies~ So many legends and starters :)

Just updating more or less here. Latios is at 198 SRs - cutscenes are a killer :(
And my Platinum BQ#2 is at 7150 REs. I think if Bidoof shines instead of Starly, I might cry :p and he will be banished to the computer and not be counted towards my BQ (unless I'm desperate to move on)
If it happens, I'll take a break from Starly and go hunt for Budew in Eterna Forest with Cheryl.

Good luck to all hunts :D

Blastonite

Dream Crusher
And finally I traded it to AS to megaevolve it right in front of Suicune.

CONGRATS :D

Pidgey is my only Pokemon that I am going to ReBreed in ORAS Cause my Adamant one doesn't benefit from Mega. So with that in mind I am gonna breed up a Modest one once I get the proper Shroomish to appear.

Marvs

Shinneeee!
Hey there, Marvs! It's been a while! Here, I answered for you:

- Unfortunately, it doesn't display the shiny on the selection screen. You have to choose it and send it to battle.
- It appears the odds are the same as XY's: 1/4096.
- Yes, you can get the Shiny Charm by completing the Pokédex.
- Fish Chaining retuns as a method.
- I don't think there are any new methods introduced in the games, but there is a slight change. The PokéRadar from XY doesn't come back; however, you can still "chain" Pokémon with the DexNav. It's easier to get a chain going, but in most cases, you'll need a high number of encountered Pokémon to get a shiny.

I hope this helps!

Thank you! :)

I am actually currently hatching for a shiny Charmander in X, but the hunt will end come December 25th, so fingers crossed I get it before then!

Yoitsdaffy

Shiny Collector~
So i was breeding Onix (a hunt i never finished in Y version) and after roughly 67 eggs Shiny onix is now mine! Making it my first hatched shiny in ORAS. Also CH Complete!

[IMG200]http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/xq90/911/4KNFOj.jpg[/IMG200]
Sassy nature Ivs are : 31/31/31/X/31/X

Also put my OR BQ on hold as my R button has completely stopped working and am no longer able to SR. As for my next hunt, I'll probably do some dex nav chaining for Zorua.
Congrats on all recent shinies!

[IMG200]http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/xq90/540/UQyt2N.jpg[/IMG200]
Edit: Just found a shiny Aron via HH. Wasnt keeping track of encounters. Calm nature which is kinda disappointing. A shiny is a shiny.

Last edited:

Cutty

Forever now
^Wow. Congrats. Do you have a spare 5iv I can use?

Anyway, I got to 2,000 SRs for Shiny Zekrom in AS w/out avail.
I dont think I've missed its shiny form... I hope not.
Well, pressing on...

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
I have been quite sick over the past few days, so I have not done much SR'ing lately.
I am trying to get back into it today. I sure hope that Reshiram shines soon. Hopefully before Christmas....

Congratulations to all off the recent shinies though! Keep it up everyone!

maldoror

Congrats to all on your recent shinies and good luck on your ongoing hunts!

On Saturday, this shined for me:

http://i.imgur.com/VvlWIwm.jpg

What an awful battle. It went a good twenty minutes and Registeel ran out of moves. I watched helplessly as it broke out of one last ultra ball and struggled itself to death. It was heartbreaking. I also caught a shiny Sandshrew via HH yesterday.

Cheeze IOW

Just knocked out my first shiny of OR, found the shiny Psyduck after around 6 hours of using the Dexnav. Used an ice beam which did around 1/5 of his hp so I thought even if I got a critical on the second it wouldn't knock it out, but it somehow did, so annoying.

Twilit Dragoon

*omnious thunderstorm*
[img139]http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t237/Storm_Dragoon/ASOR/IMG_0061_zps36602f0c.jpg[/img139]
[img139]http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t237/Storm_Dragoon/ASOR/IMG_0058_zps712f5f6f.jpg[/img139]

After a previous 174 chain failure, I finally got myself a shiny Zorua :D. I've been after a shiny Zorua for a while, even before I started hunting Regirock. I managed to get the dexnav up to 140 before I put it in sleep mode and went to bed. I picked it up this morning and 30 encounters later I got my shiny!

More pics:

Nickname screen
Shiny Zorua
Trainer ID
Naive nature

My next target is definitely reclaiming my lost shiny Regirock. I'm currently sitting at 3006 SRs for it, and I'm really hoping it shines soon. I'm just hoping that I can get it before 3317 SRs, which will take it past my shiny Reshiram hunt.

Congrats to new shinies everyone, especially ohjeezitskim on shiny Lugia :).

dark1raven3

Pokemon breeder
Ok what is with my luck lately :). Was just hatching some phantumps as me and my bf would like a competitive one each and I happen to hatch a 5 Iv shiny with harvest. Unfortunately it doesn't have max attack but it's outstanding so I might consider raising it. But that's 3 mm shinies in 2 days.

MurderofKrow

Bird Brain
First I'd like to thank Supremacy, DelriousAbsol, Razorbadger, Keovix, Iwanuq, Greedy Chibi, and The Prince of May on the condolences. I've thought back and my chameleon has had a pretty good life. Living for around 8 years, when his particular species in captivity live approximately 5 years. Along with the fact that he is adopted from someone that was not taking great care of him.

@Greedy Chibi My Heatran that I was talking about was a non-shiny one. Not sure if you knew that, since I saw that you congratulate about it.

I did it. I got my first SRed shiny legendary and it is, Kyurem in 4771 SRs. I got it on Saturday. My modest sync worked as well and I'm not sure what its IVs are though. Now I've been working on getting the shiny charm.

Congrats to the recent shinies and good luck to all ongoing hunts, especially Keane on Eterna Forest, Cyberra on Virizion, RaichuArcanine on Chimchar, and Cpchris on Scyther.

LilyValley

Useless Sceptile
It's now 10 days and I'm guessing at least 11,500+ resets for Reshiram. I still haven't found it yet. Why RNG? This is the first time I could get a shiny of my absolute favorite Pokémon, and... double over odds and beyond.

*Murkrow

Bird trainer
[img139]http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff320/Hkrow/Shinies/P1040353_zps22469592.jpg[/img139]

This would have been a really nice picture if Suicune hadn't decided to blink. :p

The Shiny Charm finally decided to come through for me. I'd thought about it yesterday and finally decided that I was going to catch some of the legendaries for my living Pokédex; if they shone while I was catching them, fine; if not, oh well. So yesterday I caught Reshiram, Giratina and Entei. When I went back to Trackless Forest for Suicune I couldn't quite bring myself to just catch it. I SR'd a few times but got bored and left it.

Earlier I decided to SR for an hour to see if I got lucky/see how I felt and then I could go from there. Forty minutes later, Mr Blue Mane showed himself. :) Needless to say, that was a lovely surprise!

The battle itself was simple. I hadn't been able to buy any Net Balls beforehand, but I had 99 Ultra Balls plus other assorted ones and the Master Ball. Ended up catching Suicune in the first Ultra Ball I threw. :D

He ended up having a Hasty nature, which isn't very good (+SPD -DEF) but he is 'outstanding' and has four max IV's - ATT, DEF, SPAT and SPD. I wanted to know what the other two IV's looked like and after plugging his stats into a calculator, got this:
IVs: 26-27/31/31/31/18-19/31
Woah. SPDEF is a shame, but that HP is nearly flawless as well. For EV training he'll definitely get 252HP, but I'm not certain if I should put the rest into DEF (despite the nature) or SPD; Calm Mind will take care of the special stats. Hmm.

Pictures:
One/Two

I need to get him EV trained and then I guess I'll resume legend catching. The other two legends I am tempted to SR for are Kyurem (pretty but will I ever actually use it?) and Cresselia (freaking pretty but again, will I use her?).

Congrats on new shinies.

MM13

Seestra
OMG OMG OMG!!!! After almost 5000 SRs it finally decided to show up!!!!!!
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e17/mm13is/IMG_20141215_171112_zps1d7c122c.jpg

I managed to caught him with my 3rd luxury ball with his health being full :D
Im still shaking from this omg!

Unforturnatly Sync didnt work so hes naughty with the following IVs: 30, 31 / 30, 31 / 6, 7 / 14, 15 / 31 / 6, 7

Moar pics:
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e17/mm13is/IMG_20141215_172400_zpsafa31830.jpg
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e17/mm13is/IMG_20141215_172321_zpsb5119b06.jpg
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e17/mm13is/IMG_20141215_171924_zps1c96e8da.jpg

Congrats on the new shines! :)

Last edited: