• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
First of all, congrats to everyone who got new Shinies recently. Today on my Shiny Reshiram hunt, I did 75 more soft rests. I actually neglected my Shiny Rayquaza hunt on Ruby yesterday evening and today, but I hatched 30 more Magby eggs for my Masuda Method hunt last night, so that was worth it.

Razorbadger

Congrats to Echo Nacyl on Chimecho, Iwanuq on Machop, Dragonair and Marill, Blastonite on Zubat, Cheeze IOW on Ho-Oh, TheGreaterLucario on Reshiram, JohnNiles on Volbeat and Trapinch, KittyKitty3308 on Treecko, Mewtwo Ex on Tornadus, Azelf and Heatran, ThisIsPatrick on Shuppet, umbreonfan3636 on Treecko, darl1raven3 on Marill, Makuhita, Misdreavus and Phantump, Pokepro1992 on Eevee, Shiny Lord on Wurmple, Super Pichu Chan on Drowzee and Growlithe, ohjeezitskim on Lugia, TheBlueHoundoom on Drifloon, Kingzard on Latios, Bguy7 on Swablu, Keovix on Quagsire, Yoitsdaffy on Onix, maldoror on Sandshrew, MurderofKrow on Kyurem, *Murkrow on Suicune, MM13 on Reshiram and everyone else on your shinies.

Thanks to Keovix and Greedy Chibi for the congrats.

Sorry about Registeel maldoror, hope it shines again soon.

After only a few days of hunting I have a shiny from the skies of Hoenn, after 1824 Soaring Encounters a shiny Pelipper appeared for me in the air around the area of Route 105.

[IMG139]http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e350/razorbadger/9b0bb859-8d2e-4e0a-8318-2c93ea1c909b_zpsae97d074.jpg[/IMG139]
[IMG139]http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e350/razorbadger/1873e203-0d89-4573-a131-f4a882fb6161_zpsc8bb0ce6.jpg[/IMG139]

I decided to include the first image to show that it is a battle whilst soaring because as far as I can tell there is no evidence of anyone encountering a shiny via this method yet. Not that there would be any reason for soaring encounters to be locked but you never know with Game Freak.

Next in Omega Ruby I'm going to hunt in the desert for Cacnea or Trapinch, although I wouldn't mind if I found a Sandshrew before one of my targets. I'd also like to do this soaring hunt again in the future, I'd love to find a Braviary, Drifloon or Swablu up there but the encountering is quite taxing as you have to seek out each individual encounter, sometimes flying the length of the map for the next one and as a result I'd rather not hunt there twice in a row. Before anything else however I'm going to go back to Fire Red and finish my Sevii Island hunt, I've been over half a month away from it now and really want a Tentacool from Tanoby Ruins.

Good luck hunting everyone :)

Last edited:

TheGreaterLucario

[img139]http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t237/Storm_Dragoon/ASOR/IMG_0061_zps36602f0c.jpg[/img139]
[img139]http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t237/Storm_Dragoon/ASOR/IMG_0058_zps712f5f6f.jpg[/img139]

After a previous 174 chain failure, I finally got myself a shiny Zorua :D. I've been after a shiny Zorua for a while, even before I started hunting Regirock. I managed to get the dexnav up to 140 before I put it in sleep mode and went to bed. I picked it up this morning and 30 encounters later I got my shiny!

More pics:

Nickname screen
Shiny Zorua
Trainer ID
Naive nature

My next target is definitely reclaiming my lost shiny Regirock. I'm currently sitting at 3006 SRs for it, and I'm really hoping it shines soon. I'm just hoping that I can get it before 3317 SRs, which will take it past my shiny Reshiram hunt.

Congrats to new shinies everyone, especially ohjeezitskim on shiny Lugia :).

I......You.......You found a......... aaaaaAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUGGGGHHHH! I have been MMing for a Shiny Zorua in Y and DexNav chaining for one in OmegaRuby! And I STILL can't seem to find one!

Zekromaster826

Casual Shiny Hunter
Hey Guys, grats on the recent shinies!
I've been having some fun with the DexNav today, I got a Female Ralts at a 42 chain and a Male Buneary at a 6(!!!) chain. The Ralts also has Destiny bond!
Also GL to those hunting!

Akko

Strawberry Sunrise
Hi guys! Thanks to Keane, pokemaster13, Keovix and ClipOwl for the congrats!

I caught my shiny Poochyena earlier today through horde hunting! I'm going to MM for a shiny Chespin now and I'm 50 eggs in so far, wish me luck!

Congrats to everyone on their shinies! Keep on hunting and good luck! ^_^

this might be a dumb question, but i looked around here and the internet and i couldn't really find a concrete answer. i was wondering if it's possible for in-game gift Pokemon to be shiny? specifically the Camerupt and Sharpedo you get from the grunts at the Battle Resort. i know it'd probably be easier to breed for them, but i'd rather soft-reset to have these two be shinies.

Drakonekoshi

OKAY so I got a hand full of shinies since I lasted posted!
Sableye in Y, Lotad, Swablu, Skarmory in AS and finally Groudon in my Soul Silver! I'm so glad that my Soul Silver Badge Quest is over, but at the same time I'm a little sad..Oh well, I'll be moving Groudon and my other shinies from SS to the 6th generation soon enough!

Congrats and good luck everyone!
I'm sorry about your chameleon MurderofKrow..

Last edited:

Cpchris

Shiny Hunter
Congrats to Alfred Jones on Cresselia, Psychic on Chansey, AzulTheCerulean20 on Tentacool, Blastonite on Latios, dark1raven3 on Latias, Volvagia on Reshiram, Shinyoracle on Mudkip, RightClick on Charmander, TheMaster327 on Electrike, Blastonite on both Surskits, Keovix on Lugia, Typhlosion_Hunter_Mark on Treecko, doodlecloud on Ralts, Supremacy on Tornadus, Giblie on Snivy, icewolf741 on Latias and Ho-Oh, Blastonite on Surskit, Twilit Dragoon on Torchic, maldoror on Suicune, dark1raven3 on Pelipper, Cyberra on Deerling, wobbanut on Torkoal, Sutittaja on both Ralts, Keane on Wurmple and Budew, Blastonite on Zubat, *Murkrow on Murkrow, Danisher on Bronzor, Razorbadger on Chikorita, Echo Nacyl on Chimecho, Blastonite on Zubat, Cheeze IOW on Ho-Oh, Zekromaster826 on Slowpoke, TheGreaterLucario on Reshiram, JohnNiles on Volbeat, KittyKitty3308 on Treecko, Mewtwo Ex on Tornadus, umbreonfan3636 on Treecko, Mewtwo Ex on Azelf, dark1raven3 on Marill and Makuhita and Misdreavus, Pokepro1992 on Eevee, Blastonite on Shroomish, Mewtwo Ex on Heatran, Shiny Lord on Wurmple, Super Pichu Chan on Drowzee and Growlithe (happy belated birthday!), ohjeezitskim on Lugia, TheBlueHoundoom on Drifloon, Kingzard on Latios, Bguy7 on Swablu, Keovix on Quagsire, Yoitsdaffy on Onix, MurderofKrow on Kyurem, *Murkrow on Suicune, MM13 on Reshiram, Razorbadger on Pelipper, Drakonekoshi on Groudon, and everyone else on your shinies!

Too bad about your shinies, Maldoror and Cheeze IOW :|

Thanks for the good luck, Keane and Murderofkrow!

Condolences regarding your Chameleon, MurderofKrow :(

-----------

In the week+ since my last post, I’ve gotten up to 4,600 REs on Black 2, 10,700 REs on Platinum, and 7,500 HBs on HeartGold. HG will pass the odds soon, and by that time Black 2 will only be 2,900 REs away from passing the odds…I’m pretty sure there’s only been one instance where all 3 of my games were over the odds at once – and all the other times I’ve found a shiny before all 3 games were passed the odds, so hopefully I can bet on finding at least one shiny within the next 3,600 REs :x

I’ve also gotten to 2,400 SRs on HG for the Johto starters. My shortest Johto starter hunt is 2,684 SRs, so I still have 283 SRs to set myself a new record, and obviously I’m hoping I can :p

Also hoping to get at least one more shiny before the end of the year so that I can tie up the number I found last year, and one-up the number I caught last year. Wow, only 16 more days until the year is over. Time just flies by!

Good luck, everyone (especially markasdarkas, cocoadragon, MurderofKrow, RaichuArcanine, pokemaster13, Tina, jrmftw, Lorde, Cyberra, Keane, Shy, and Lunafloon)!

TheMaster327

this might be a dumb question, but i looked around here and the internet and i couldn't really find a concrete answer. i was wondering if it's possible for in-game gift Pokemon to be shiny? specifically the Camerupt and Sharpedo you get from the grunts at the Battle Resort. i know it'd probably be easier to breed for them, but i'd rather soft-reset to have these two be shinies.

There's your answer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwHPkdBafCI

ShiningKnightXY

<----Newest Shiny
Well, after about 1-2 weeks, I finally got my shiny Reshiram. I was soft resetting while watching yesterday's shows and on the 33rd it shined which put the hunt at somewhere between 1500-1700 resets. As I stated earlier I have a little backstory on why I hunted for Reshiram, other than it being previously unavailable.

When I was 3 years old I had cancer in my left ear and had about a year's worth of treatments. I almost wasn't going to hunt Reshiram because of my preference to Zekrom, but, after noticing Reshiram's rings were golden, I looked up what a gold ribbon siginified cancer-wise and found that it stood for childhood cancer.

Story aside, my timid sync worked with max IVs in attack and both defenses...the same as Heatran ironically. I named my Reshiram "Remember" and plan on resuming my hunt for Virizion.

KittyKitty3308

Shiny Hunter
Hey all! Congrats on everyone's shinies the past few days! I kinda cheated a little with my BQ. I defeated Watson before getting my 3rd shiny but i couldn't find anything that i wanted before him. So I beat him and then attempted to chain a Numel and failed. My pokemon ran out of PP and I ran out of potions. I went over 100 chain and nothing. So now I'm riding around in Fiery Path hoping for Numel or Koffing. If I get Koffing or another one other than Numel, I will try to chain Numel again on the northern part of route 112 for BQ 4.

Also, I got to a chain of 147 for Minccino on my AS with no luck and the shiny charm on one of the mirage islands. Oh well.

Anyways, good luck to everyone and may the sparkles grace your screens soon! :3

Scrufox86

Oh.... wow..... I cannot believe it!!! I was beginning to think all the legendaries were actually shiny locked (and everything I read about them not was in a dream) and I had been wasting time SRing but last night I managed to find and capture my shiny .... Reshiram! I had to use my masterball though which was disappointing but it just kept breaking out of any other ball and I feared it would struggle itself and then i'd be fuming. So I have my third shiny dragon legendary now.

Something about the dexnav, I am doubting it has any link to shinies. I just have a feeling people think it does have a link to shinies but really it is shiny charm + luck. Is there any proof that it does work as a pokeradar type thing? Also is the chain fishing definitely back in these games? If so then I can go for wailmer and tentacool.

Congrats to all new shinies since my last post and good luck shiny hunters!

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
Wow. So many shiny Reshirams, yet it will not shine for me.
Anyways, congratulations to all of the recent shinies!

I am still getting over my illness, but I have had some time to do some more SR'ing lately.
I am at about 2,500 SRs for a shiny Reshiram now.
Sure, I did SR a shiny Zekrom not that long ago, but I would like to get both shinies myself.

Pluski

Well, I've finally obtained my first Alpha Sapphire shiny - a chain fished female Wailmer. I would prefer a male one, so I'll probably try fishing for another one later.

Supremacy

Shiny Hunter
Congratz to Umbreonfan3636 on Treecko, Mewtwo Ex on Azelf and Heatran, dark1raven3 on Maril, Makuhita, Misdreavus and Phantump, Pokepro1992 on Eevee, Blastonite on Shroomish, Shiny Lord on Wurmple, Super Pichu Chan on Drowzee and Growlithe, ohjeezitskim on Lugia, TheBlueHoundoom on Drifloon, Kingzard on Latios, Bguy7 on Swablu, Keovix on Quagsire, Yoitisdaffy on Onix, *Murkrow on Suicune, MM13 on Reshiram, Razorbadger on Pelipper, ShiningKnightXY on Reshiram, Scrufox86 on Reshiram, and everyone else.

Too bad about that Regi maldoror, hope you reclaim it soon.

----------------

Well I'm at day 6 for Torchic and I'm pretty sure this hunt is over odds. Between Tornadus and this it seems like Omega Ruby doesn't like me :[. Also, round 4 for Ralts it at 410 eggs. Hopefully something shines soon.

Good luck everyone.

Giblie

Dragon Pokemon Fan
Currently using the Masuda Method to hatch a Shiny Ponyta. Have hatched 240 eggs so far. Hopefully when it shows up that it'll have Flame Body. This will also be last hunt for now on Y. Going to get ORAS for Christmas when I'm going to try soft resetting for a Shiny Treecko on Alpha Sapphire. It'll my first soft reset hunt.

Congrats to anyone on their shinies and good luck to those still hunting. :)

tui

moon upon a stick
Congrats to: Blastonite on Zubat x2 and Shroomish, *Murkrow on Murkrow and Suicune, Danisher on Bronzor, Razorbadger on Pelipper and Chikorita, Keovix on Quagsire, Pidgey, Tranquil x2 and Farfetch'd, Echo Nacyl on Chimecho, Iwanuq on Machop, Dragonair and Marill, Cheeze IOW on Corphish, Ho-oh and Poochyena, Diego24 on Corsola, Zekromaster826 on Ralts, Slowpoke and Buneary, TheGreaterLucario on Reshiram, JohnNiles on Volbeat and Trapinch, KittyKitty3308 on Carvanha, Treecko and Skitty, Mewtwo Ex on Heatran, Tornadus and Azelf, ThisIsPatrick on Shuppet, umbreonfan3636 on Treecko, Arcaten on Feebas and Corphish, dark1raven3 on Phantump, Marill, Makuhita and Misdreavus, PokePro1992 on Eevee, Shiny Lord on Wurmple, Super Pichu Chan on Drowzee and Growlithe, ohjeezitskim on Lugia, TheBlueHoundoom on Drifloom, Kingzard on Latios, Bguy7 on Swablu, Yoitsdaffy on Onix and Aron (your pictures are so clear and bright - I'm jealous!), Twilit Dragoon on Zorua, Murderofkrow on Kyurem, MM13 on Reshiram, Akko on Poochyena, Drakonekoshi on Sableye, Lotad, Swablu, Skarmory and Groudon, ShiningKnightXY on Reshiram (a really lovely story too), Scrufox86 on Reshiram, Pluski on Wailmer, and to anyone else I missed!

I'm sorry to hear about your Chameleon, Murderofkrow. Sounds like he had a good long life though - it's good to know that when you lose a pet.
High-five on losing Registeels maldoror! Hope you can reclaim that golem soon! Also hope you can reclaim that Psyduck, Cheeze IOW.

Thank you Murderofkrow, Supremacy, Razorbadger, Keovix, Greedy Chibi and CpChris for the congrats!
Thank you CpChris and Murderofkrow for the luck!

I'm now at 2,010 REs in Eterna Forest on phase... 8? I think. Stopped momentarily at a weird number because I've managed to get one of my dream shinies! Surskit shone at a comfy 6,128 REs. Bit of backstory- this was the first shiny I ever actively hunted for just over a year ago, but it ended up getting postponed and forgotten about for reasons I can't remember. I also can't remember why I decided to make Surskit my first hunt either - I'm thinking maybe because of the 95% encounter rate, so it wouldn't disappoint me because it's highly unlikely I wouldn't get my target! Nicknamed her Ray because I brought Thom Yorke's Tomorrow's Modern Boxes last night and helllll... it's pretty damn good. Named after the song Truth Ray, one of my favourites. Most my shinies are named after Thom Yorke related stuff, so I guess this follows the trend c: The most excited I've ever been after recieving a shiny - I looked down at my Eterna game when I first heard sparkles, but then got super excited when I realised it was Platinum that shone! Such a beautiful navy colour, which is rarely used on shinies.

Anyway, pictures;
[img139]http://i.imgur.com/7lUGlfn.jpg[/img139] [img139]http://i.imgur.com/Qt4NFTQ.jpg[/img139]

Good luck everyone, especially CpChris with Scyther, AquaRegisteel with your FEs, pokemaster13 with Weedle and Chimchar, Shy with Mudkip, Lorde with Rayquaza and Magby, jrmftw with Sprout Tower, Murderofkrow with your BQ, Tina with Archen, Cyberra with Virizion and RaichuArcanine and cocoadragon with your Chimchars!

Blastonite

Dream Crusher

Just about any Pokemon that can be obtained to have you PID can be shiny. Except certain legendaries and what not. So you should be able to hunt for em just fine. :)

Anyway. 375 eggs roughly hatched(prolly more cause some hatch while gathering) And I got 2 shiny Shroomish :D but when my 2nd one came out it had Poison Heal with Horrible Speed IVs -_- Onto another phase!

Congrats to all who have seen the Shine and to those still searching I hope you see the Shine soon :D

ohjeezitskim

Thanks for all the congrats on Lugia! Was super excited to get him :3
(live video)

Anxious to start my next hunt! I'm going to SR for either a Bold Suicune or a Bold Cresselia
just have to breed for a bold Ralts (have a bold ditto so should be fairly quick unless I get trace lol)
I'm really hoping the sync works but honestly wouldn't mind calm, modest, timid, even quiet/sassy so
if the sync fails I'll have a 5/25 or 1/5 chance of getting an okay nature lol which is okay. But if you include
the 5 neutral ones, even a better chance because that would be better than an adamant Cress haha!

Hope your hunts all end soon! Especially those still soft resetting in the beginning of the game for your starter!