• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

ShiningKnightXY

<----Newest Shiny
Yesterday I took my 3DS with me when I met my parents in the city. The Eon Ticket seems to be spreading well across the US, but I wasn't certain how it was doing over here in the UK. Well, I got exactly zero Streetpasses which is about what I expected. I don't think there's a shiny Latias in my foreseeable future. Pity.

After going through all my favourited Blissey bases, I swapped in my catching team plus Reshiram and Zekrom and soared around until I found the Gnarled Den. I did three hours SR'ing for shiny Kyurem last night/early this morning and another hour today after getting back from work. I don't plan on doing any more tonight, but tomorrow I'm not in work until 4:30pm so I'll probably do an hour or so during the day.
Congrats on new shinies. :)
Trust me it isn't spreading well where I am either...I really want to try and get a shiny Latias too. Aside from that, I have oficially chosen Ho-Oh as my next target. I did get a Ho-Oh from my friend awhile back, but it is probably hacked and I would rather have it under my ot with a better nature. Good luck to everyone and congrats to those who captured their targets recntly, especially to LilyValley on the Reshiram.

Mewtwo Ex

Meddling your D.N.A

Yoitsdaffy

Shiny Collector~
Blanket congrats to everyone who found a shiny since i last posted. Also thanks to all who congratulated me. So i come bearing shiny news! After about 2 hours of random encounters deep in Shoal cave i run into a hoard of Spheal one of which was a vibrant purple color! Quirky nature and caught in a timer ball.

Good luck to everyone on thier hunts!

Last edited:

Sito

Shiny Breeder
OMG! Cannot believe what just happened!
Yesterday I was able to get the shiny charm, so today I was like, lets try SR for Zekrom, I started using a calculator to count how many times I found it, but it got boring doing it, so just did the SR without counting, and like 15 mins ago, was able to find shiny Zekrom!
I almost missed it, because I had my headphones on, but before I restarted I always checked out its eyes, and this time they were blue! After a long battle, was able to catch it in a Dusk Ball, which was my second option ball after using like 30 Luxury balls on it xD. I had my calculator to count its 60 moves it has before it struggles to death, but because of the panic, forgot to count how many attacks it had used, so when if I got to 40 I would use my master ball on it, but was able to get in in a dusk ball :D. Cannot believe how quickly I was able to get my shiny. Its Lonely with 31 / 30, 31 / 30, 31 / 8, 9 / 6, 7 / 30, 31 so it works really really well.
Congratz to everyone on their hunts, and everyone who is hunting, dont give up. Reading all these stories gave me hope to keep on going. My next hunt will either be Lugia or Latios, will see what will do next :D
Edit:
Here is a pic :D
Jumping_Zekrom.jpg

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
So this morning, I worked further on my Shiny Reshiram hunt on Omega Ruby and I did about 55 more soft rests for it. I also continued my Shiny Rayquaza hunt this morning and did 70 or so soft resets and I hatched 20 more Magby eggs for my MM hunt last night too. Good luck to others as well.

Cutty

Forever now
OMG! Cannot believe what just happened!
Yesterday I was able to get the shiny charm, so today I was like, lets try SR for Zekrom, I started using a calculator to count how many times I found it, but it got boring doing it, so just did the SR without counting, and like 15 mins ago, was able to find shiny Zekrom!
I almost missed it, because I had my headphones on, but before I restarted I always checked out its eyes, and this time they were blue! After a long battle, was able to catch it in a Dusk Ball, which was my second option ball after using like 30 Luxury balls on it xD. I had my calculator to count its 60 moves it has before it struggles to death, but because of the panic, forgot to count how many attacks it had used, so when if I got to 40 I would use my master ball on it, but was able to get in in a dusk ball :D. Cannot believe how quickly I was able to get my shiny. Its Lonely with 31 / 30, 31 / 30, 31 / 8, 9 / 6, 7 / 30, 31 so it works really really well.
Congratz to everyone on their hunts, and everyone who is hunting, dont give up. Reading all these stories gave me hope to keep on going. My next hunt will either be Lugia or Latios, will see what will do next :D
Edit:
Here is a pic :D
View attachment 14043

Not fair :mad:

Congrats though :)

Well, I havent got shiny charm n as I thought my Zekrom hunt exceeded the Treecko w/ 2,600 SRs as of now w/out nada.
We'll see if it can shine before 3k.

rocky505

Just caught a cute little Shiny Zigzagoon on Route 101 while EV Training on Hordes. It's my 4th Shiny of ORAS and the first to not have the color Green on it lol

V

Shiny Hunter
Still haven't found my Treecko. I'm wondering how long I take this before I decide that it isn't worth it. I'm getting myself OR after Christmas (unless I get it as a gift) so I'll do a hunt on that too, though I've ony got one 3ds, so I will probably end up rotating every-other-day. I'm debating on whether I want to do Treecko on both until I get it on either game or have a different target on OR than AS. Well, better not count my chickens before they hatch anyway, first step is getting the game! Hopefully I get this soon- I really want to start paying the game :( people look at me funny when they ask how far I am and after almost four weeks my answer is still "I haven't gotten my starter yet"

ohjeezitskim

Ahhhh so no actual shiny news from me.
I started on my Suicune hunt I did 165 SRs since I did 10 the previous day
so I made it an nice ol' 175 (I usually have to stop on the quarters for some reason ;-; (25,50,75,00...))
Which isn't too bad for a first day of SRs! Using a bold sync that will hopefully work :3

BUTTTT - I don't usually get out much, and I finally had the opportunity to go see
the new Hobbit movie with my boyfriend and a friend after stopping at the new taco bell that just opened
up 5 minutes from my house! (The closest one after that is about 30-40 minutes away, down a dangerous road)

I decided to bring my DS to hopefully pick up an eon ticket since the hobbit just came out and it's pretty popular
I'd figure there would be A LOT of people at the movie theater (our movie theater is in our mall!)
But, it was a ghost town! No one was even there ;-; the movie was at 10:40PM on a Wednesday though.
Besides us three, there were 3 other people in the movie.

Sitting down, while waiting, I opened my DS and tapped on the buzz feed
that said I streetpassed ONE person....
AND HELLO EON TICKET!
I can SR my Latios now ^^
Latios is one of my favorite legendary shinies and I'm excited I got it finally!

Cpchris

Shiny Hunter
Congrats to LilyValley on Reshiram, Royal_Qeca on Feebas, Mewtwo Ex on Landorus, Sito on Zekrom, and everyone else on your shinies!

Too bad about Lugia, Domino_621 =\

-----------

Well, as I said before, my games have been mostly good about not going over the odds on all 3 games at once, and for now that trend will continue! Tonight, after 4,966 REs on my Black 2 game, I found a shiny Bronzor! Not one of my targets, but still a new shiny for me!

[IMG200]http://i.imgur.com/cd1UaAf.jpg[/IMG200]

I was actually typing in a congratulations for someone here when I looked down and saw the unmistakable green Bronzor there shortly before the sparkles appeared. Like I said, not a target, but glad to have it. And it’s 15%, so it gives me a little more hope I might be lucky enough to find a Vulpix there one day.

Serious nature, strong willed, Heatproof, and yet again, pretty nice IVs (I’ve been on a roll lately!): 11 – 25 – 28 – 22 – 30 – 26.

I prefer Bronzor to Bronzong, so I’ll probably leave it alone, but since it’s got some very nice IVs (once again!!), I might decide to evolve it and maybe just go after another Bronzor using Magnet Pull once I’ve got some other targets out of the way. In the meantime…I really wanna stay and try to get a target from here, but I think I’ll head back over to Mistralton Cave again, since I’m still sort of hoping for at least 5 more shinies there :x I’ll be back at Abundant Shrine again after I find something in the cave.

I’ve now officially caught more shinies than I did last year, and I’ve tied up the number encountered! The month’s not over yet though :]

Good luck, everyone (especially markasdarkas, cocoadragon, MurderofKrow, RaichuArcanine, pokemaster13, Tina, jrmftw, Lorde, Cyberra, Keane, Shy, and Lunafloon)!

Ok, lots of people to congratulate. Let's see:

Ohjeezitskim on Lugia, TheBlueHoundoom on Drifloon, Kingzard on Latios, Thegreaterlucario on Numel, Bguy7 on Swablu, Keovix on Pidgeot, Quagsire, 2x Unfezant, Yoitsdaffy on Onix, Aron, Spheal, Cheeze IOW on Psyduck, Zorua, Twilit Dragoon on Zorua, Dark1raven3 on Phantump, MurderofKrow on Kyurem, *Murkrow on Suicune, MM13 on Reshiram, Razorbadger on Pelipper, Zekromaster826 on Ralts, Buneary, Akko on Poochyena, Drakonekoshi on Sableye, Lotad, Skarmory, Groudon, ShiningKnightXY and Scrufox86 on Reshiram, Pluski on Wailmer, Keane on Surskit, Ace Trainer Alex on Gligar, Cyberra on Sandile, TheShinyLunatone on Phanpy, Nack Firestorm on Treecko, ThisIsPatrick on Swablu, LilyValley on Reshiram, Royal_Qeca on Feebas, Cryuel on Zigzagoon, Skitty, Oddish, Swablu, MewtwoEx on Landorus, Sito on Zekrom, Rocky505 on Zigzagoon, PokePro1992 on Mew(!!!) and last but not least, Cpchris on Bronzor!

Good LORD that was a longer list than I thought. XD

So just now (more like forever ago after writing all that out) I ran into a Shiny Buneary while... DexNavving myself a Limber Buneary. I was caught by total surprise. I wasn't searching for a Shiny at all and I didn't even really have a chain going. He just popped in out of nowhere! I'm particularly happy about it because I never get totally random wild Shinies. Unfortunately, he has to live under Elle (my MM'd Shiny Lopunny)'s shadow for the rest of his life, because he has bad IVs, a bad nature, and no useful Egg moves. :p Maybe I can make him a contest star or something.

AzulTheCerulean20

Borne by Valkyries
Ok, so I randomly got wondertraded a lv100 Shiny Regirock, not counting it towards my total though since I like all my shinies to have been originally mine, however it will make getting the rest of the legendaries easier as it is my only lv100 pokemon. I will probably wondertrade it off when it outlives it's usefulness.

NightHaze12

I have Alpha Sapphire but I actually haven't been playing it at all lol I was doing so well with my badge quest getting both a shiny Treeko and Zigzagoon in the first couple of days I have to go back to the game soon since I'm finally done with school

dark1raven3

Pokemon breeder
Last night I found yet another shiny in my omega ruby. Was with my boyfriend last night having a cuddle while also dex naving some petilils since we both want a competitive one. N in joking said " and then we hear sparkles "... Next encounter was a shiny lol. me and my bf both laughed about it since what are the odds? I was on a dex nav chain of 33 so I wasn't hunting long.

I've already evolved her into a liligant and I'll upload photos when I get home.:)

Gelatini Jejunator

Vote Vanillite! Wait
Very old recording from my old phone but since I now have a pokemon yt channel I finally decided to upload this beaut of a shiny, this is my legit shiny mew from Japanese Emerald after a months worth of run aways keeping the game on as long as possible to remove any possibility of an RNG clone occurring, enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d80jxVtGeMA

I watched the video and I was just curious - how was the Mew nicknamed with English-styled letters after you caught it in a Japanese game? Is that a result of migration?

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
YEES!
Finally!
After approximately 3,900 SR's, I caught my very own shiny Reshiram!
I have been trying on and off for weeks (I have been sick/busy with other things to do much SR'ing lately) to find this.
Time to check its stats/nature. I will edit this with that information soon.
And yes, I did use my Master Ball on this.

My Modest synchronize did not work, but Hardy is completely acceptable.
It is Relatively Superior with 31 IVs in HP, Special Attack, and Special Defense. Sounds quite nice to me.

Last edited:

xKatie0391

I watched the video and I was just curious - how was the Mew nicknamed with English-styled letters after you caught it in a Japanese game? Is that a result of migration?
Japanese games do have English letters for naming things.

No shiny news for me yet. Been nearly a month since I reset over Eevee, not found another one yet. Been doing some Mudkip resetting on my GBA Sapphire on and off too. Might just switch between different hunts to make things interesting; also got a Latios hunt and a Giratina hunt that have been paused for a long time that I could start up again.

Congrats on all recent shinies, and good luck to everyone on their hunts. Hopefully we can all get some Christmas shinies this year :)

Swatski9

Still no shinies on ORAS here. I've done multiple sets of SR for Zekrom but no avail. Not counting at all here though, so who knows how many. Done DexNaving multiple times but not trying too hard until I finish getting my shiny charm. Good luck to everyone!