• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Martinzqx

Started soft resetting for shiny Zekrom about 2 days ago! Way stoked the shiny lock has been lifted on this guy! Back when black 2 first came out I was determined to get a shiny kyurem( and I succeeded) just so that when I used the DNA splicer I could see a shiny Kyurem/Zekrom fusion! So pretty.

Question: when you are finished soft resetting for the day, do you guys turn your system off or leave it on? I honestly don't think it matters considering I've been successful both times i've soft reset for shiny legendaries. Inwas just curious.

Supremacy

Shiny Hunter
Well, its that time of the year when I reflect back on all the shinies I got this year. Here's my list, only including full odds (non-horde) and MM.

January: Mareep Scizor Absol Musharna Feebas Buneary Chespin Starly Suicune Binacle Noibat Meditite. (12)
Febuary: Fletchling (x2) Bunnelby (x2) Swirlix Dedenne. (6)
March: Fennekin Caterpie Weedle Panpour Farfetch'd Bunnelby Litleo Trubbish (8)
April: Caterpie Scatterbug Amaura Eevee (4)
May: Weepinbell Sneasel Latias Espurr Drapion Skrelp Inkay Mewtwo (8)
June: Bergmite Flabebe Snorunt Gothita (2)
Somewhere in June I stopped hunting and didn't start back up until October and barely even hunted then lol.
October: Ralts. (1)
November: Ralts. (1)
December: Tornadus Ralts. (2)

So 44 shinies this year.. Which is pretty bad for me considering I got 94 shinies in 2013. Although, I didn't hunt much for the latter part of the year so I guess it isn't so bad. :] My shiny hunter resolution for next year is definitely hunt more 1/8192 shinies! I only got 4 of them this year :[ But still, this year I managed to complete my X BQ, Kalos quest, and one of my hardest hunts ever, Fennekin >.<! So a good year in all.

So, how many shinies has everyone caught this year?

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Congratulations on the latest shinies everyone! And a Happy New Year to everyone (although it's still hours away from the new year for me)! :D

So, as always, here's the shiny count of the year, for me;

January: ━
February: Quilladin.
March: Kyogre, Gastly, Mime Jr., Carbink, Ivysaur.
April: Flabébé, Pumpkaboo.
May: Mudkip, Magnemite.
June: ━
July: Marill.
August: ━
September: ━
October: ━
November: ━
December: ━

That is, discounting the multiple Quilladin and Ivysaur I got (I think it was like 7 Quilladin and 3 Ivysaur ?) and my shiny Kyogre loss. Total shinies this year: 11, with 2 of them being surprise encounters (Marill and Carbink)... That is certainly a let down. Only regret ? To have "forgotten" shiny hunting for a good amount of months. Good news is I got three 1/8192 shinies this year (Kyogre, Mudkip, Magnemite), which is pretty cool! Never forget the Kyogre loss drama.
Honestly, I hope I am at least going to get more shinies than that in 2015! And way more original odds shinies. Those are the best.

━━━━━​

As for my hunts, I've been hunting Cresselia ever since I hatched my Buneary eggs. Switching from a hunt to another is a decent way to not get bored by one specifically. After watching a couple of movies/show episodes, I might start filling up my PC with Buneary eggs. ;) Who knows, I might get something just before midnight ?

Good luck to everyone hunting, and best wishes for the new year! :)

Last edited:

Cyberra

pain in the ***
And (probably) my last shiny of 2014 is...

[img139]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Primus001/Shiny%20Pokemon/picture080_zps455738d6.jpg[/img139]

...poochyena! He hatched from the 670th egg, has his HA (Rattled), but did not get the max ATK stat I was looking for. The IV judge didn't say anything negative about it, though, so it should still be fairly high. I will be EV training him.

Next up is staryu, which kicks off a line of water-types I'll be breeding for. Staryu, shellder, horsea, and tentacool are on my list; frillish may or may not be added later.

Virizion is about to hit 23,300 SRs. Still being stubborn.

Last edited:

LilyValley

Useless Sceptile
I hope everyone has a good 2015 and don't let anyone ruin it for you. It's only afternoon where I am, but I'm not going to recap my shinies of this year, there are too many. X and Y is when I really started hunting.
2,200 Dratini hatched now. I'm filling the 75th box total, and once that's done I will have to empty all 25 of my hatching boxes a third time. The CH will probably be far out of sight when I even begin to hatch Swablu.
I had hoped that Dratini would be forgiving and I would be able to start Swablu on time, but no, it has to drag on and on.

TheMaster327

Well, think I was due a short hunt, and I got it :) 632 REs in the Safari Zone, I get...

[img139]http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u440/TheMaster327/HNI_0019_zpscbbcbf15.jpg[/img139][img139]http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u440/TheMaster327/HNI_0020_zpsf794da47.jpg[/img139][img139]http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u440/TheMaster327/HNI_0021_zps98f00931.jpg[/img139][img139]http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u440/TheMaster327/HNI_0022_zps85fea5ff.jpg[/img139]

Shiny Doduo! It's a Hardy nature, with IVs: 24, 25 / 31 / 6, 7 / 19 / 9 / 27 - So overall, not bad at all!

My 8th hunt will be SRing Tornadus. I think I can do that prior to beating Wallace...

*Murkrow

Bird trainer
Considering I only started playing Pokémon again in August, I managed a good shiny haul for 2014!

August: Relicanth (CF), Pichu (MM). Plus I think a Goldeen was in there courtesy of CF. I think.
September: Sawsbuck, Aipom, Pachirisu, Phantump (FS), Murkrow, Geodude x2 (both fainted), Durant, Mime Jr., Roggenrola, Wingull (HE)
October: Ursaring, Gothorita, Scyther (RE) Pidgey, Swanna, Hoothoot x2, Doduo x2, Fletchinder, Farfetch'd x2, Tranquil x2, Rufflet, Woobat x3, Spearow x2, Spritzee, Loudred, Eevee, Magneton x3, Skarmory(FS), Murkrow, Hoppip, Foongus, Klefki, Geodude, Zubat, Durant (HE)
November: Magmar, Fletchinder, Sandile x7 (only one caught), Vullaby, Butterfree, Beautifly (FS) Spinda x2 (HE)
December: Ho-oh, Suicune, Kyurem (SR) Taillow (DexNav), Murkrow (Egg, non-MM)

I've been SR'ing a lot the past few days for Cresselia, hoping that I could get her before 2014 ended. No luck. I'm estimating around 3240 SR's, so double the odds and heading towards triple. Meh. I think I'm going to take a break from this, I'm annoyed that she hasn't shone and my hand is starting to cramp. Pity I couldn't end 2014 on a good note shiny-wise but oh well. :)

Congrats on new shinies and good luck to everyone in 2015! :)

Blackkyurem

So wow, I suck at shiny hunting, this is all my shinies of 2014:

2014 in general: Error 404 No Shinies Found.

Woah, why do i call myself one of these?

I I have to fix it, i must! I got 5 and a half hours today and tomorrow to catch one!!!
Give me luck (AND MAYBE I WONT FEEL BAD ABOUT NO SHINIES FOR 365+ DAYS)
Congrads to everyone else on their shinies, and good luck on the hunts!!!!

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Yesterday evening, I did around 80 more soft resets for my Shiny Reshiram hunt in Omega Ruby. I also did 70 more soft resets for my Shiny Rayquaza hunt this afternoon and I hatched around 25 more Magby eggs for my Masuda Method attempt this morning too. Anyway, good luck to other people on their hunts.

Mestear

Shiny Hunter
Hey guys! Let me show you what I got today! I am really happy now
[img139]https://pp.vk.me/c624120/v624120945/122e6/PaUZLPvhUjM.jpg[/img139] That was my 3861 Soft Reset! And lucky me, it's a girl just like I wanted it to be! Even more, it seems that this girl has quite nice Iv's, im totally okay with neutral nature, that was a really great present for me on this New Year.
Happy New Year guys!

Last edited:

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
Well, this took some time to track, but my haul for 2014 was;

January:
February: Vanillite(HE), Nosepass(HE)
March:
April:
May: Gulpin(HE),
June:
July:
August: Chikorita(SR), Ratatta(RE), Staryu(ChainFish)
September:
October:
November: Mudkip(SR), Zigzagoon(DexNav)
December: Tropius(DexNav), Feebas(ChainFish), Mesprit(SR), Reshiram(SR), Cobalion(SR), Wurmple(DexNav), Wailmer(ChainFish), Magnemite(HE), Shuppet(HE), Shroomish(DexNav), Zorua(DexNav)

All in all, i consider that a successful year for what was mostly spent not actively hunting for Shinies till December lol. :D

Danisher

Now that's a happy New Year!
Got my favourite shiny after 1,377 eggs!
It was a long and exhausting run but it was worth it!
Meet Hiken!

Last edited:

Crimson Penguin

Marchin' on
Congrats to Yoitsdaffy on Darmanitan, Doobius on Zubat and Wingull, Duppy on Totodile, Giblie on Feebas x3, DTentacle on Poochyena, Seedot, and Machop, Pluski on Voltorb, dark1raven3 (and your boyfriend) on Swablu and Zigzagoon, Cyberra on Poochyena, TheMaster327 on Doduo, Mestear on Aerodactyl, Danisher on Charmander, and anyone else I may have missed on your shinies! Sorry about that Voltorb though, KittyKitty3308. Also, hope your mom's surgery goes well, ShiningKnightXY.

Thanks to Cpchris for the congrats!

I still have a few more hours to go before the new year kicks in for me, so I'm hoping to find one more shiny in 2014 tonight. I'm SRing for Reshiram as we speak; it's at 2611 SRs and counting. Eevee is at 9000 SRs, and Route 8 remains the same at 850 REs, but I might work on that tonight as well.

As for my year in review, I obtained more than triple the amount of shinies I got last year, so that's pretty dang good, I'd say. : D Here's the full breakdown:

January: Ponyta (MM, 43 eggs, X); Latias (~2000 SRs, SoulSilver); Litwick (1761 REs, White); Numel (MM, 311 eggs, X); Ferroseed (random Friend Safari encounter, X); Gurdurr (988 REs, White); Minccino (MM, 304 eggs, X); Golett (749 REs, White)
February: Totodile (244 SRs, SoulSilver)
March: Skiddo (MM, 633 eggs, X); Marill (MM, 130 eggs, X); Feebas (MM, 1 egg, X); Purrloin (MM, 92 eggs, X); Pidgey (MM, 6 eggs, X)
April: Flabebe (white flower) (MM, 110 eggs, X)
May: Ekans (6608 REs, SoulSilver); Nidoran M (735 REs, SoulSilver)
June: Sudowoodo (3093 SRs, SoulSilver); Piplup (MM, 1006 eggs, X)
July: Chikorita (MM, 464 eggs, X)
August: Fennekin (3145 SRs, Y)
September: Zorua (MM, 496 eggs, X); Zorua (MM, 653 eggs, X); Pichu (MM, 488 eggs, X); Pichu (MM, 543 eggs, X)
October: Yanma (7741 REs, Y)
November:
December: Flabebe (blue flower) (2468 REs, Y); Sigilyph (MM, 935 eggs, X)
Total: 28 shinies

So considering I caught just 8 shinies last year, I'm very happy with my haul this year. Here's to another successful year of shiny hunting in 2015!

Good luck to all of you on your hunts, especially LilyValley, Supremacy, Cpchris, The Prince of May, Cyberra, and Lorde! And Happy New Year to you all!

litleo729

<--- Latest Shiny
Hey guys. Good job on all the new shinies and good luck for everyone hunting currently.
I took a break from shiny hunting as I lost my 3ds with pokemon x in it. That had over a box of shinies in it.
I'm going to reclaim all the shiny pokemon that I lost after I finish my treecko hunt in Omega Ruby.
Again, good luck to everyone, and happy new year's

TheEliteEmpoleon

Well, my only shiny this year was Cresselia, as I just got back in to hunting a week ago! Hoping that I'll stay strong this year, though. Maybe I shouldn't speak now though; Regirock still has a little less than two hours still to shine for me. I'll be going strong until the new year, so here's hoping! A new year's day shiny would be cool, too, though. Good luck in getting a NYE shiny, for those who still have time, and good luck to everyone else, especially *Murkrow on that Cresselia.

Shiny Lord

Sring for shiny Reshiram for almost 5 hours now. I have shiny charm so I hope it will shine quickly. I've never really had the patience for soft resetting before even though I've had the shiny charm on every game. But I actually want to get shiny legends so I figure I should try and get used to it.

ShiningKnightXY

<----Newest Shiny
Well, out of all my shinies this year:
FS: Sandshrew, Woobat, Pawniard, and Bergmite
RE: none :(
SR: Heatran, Reshiram, Ho-Oh
CF: 3 clauncher, relicanth, 3 poliwhirl, barboach, 2 remoraid, chinchou.
MM: Noibat

For next month's CH, I suggest we hunt for baby stage pokemon, but ,if that seems too specific, we could always just choose a list of pokemon at random using a random number generator.

So, discounting all the easy chain fishing, all shinies were friend safari or soft reset excluding my one Noibat. I actually got more shinies this year than in my whole time before this year. I am proud of what I got, and I hope Cobalion can be my last 2014 shiny.

Happy New Years everybody, and may next year hunt hold more shinies than this one.

EDIT: Well, Cobalion would rather be this year's first shiny as opposed to last year's final shiny.

Last edited:

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Since everyone seems to be posting their shiny haul for the past year, let me jump in and list mine...

Cyberra's Shinies of 2014
January - Beldum, Feebas, Purrloin, Honedge, Magnemite, Ponyta, Whismur, Plusle, Flabebe, Wingull
February - Magikarp, Luvdisc, Wingull (x3), Taillow, Seviper, Eevee, Skrelp, Ekans, Staravia, Nidoran-F, Starly (x2), Stunky, Solrock, Tyrunt, Nidoran-M, Weedle, Amaura
March - Budew, Goomy, Bellsprout, Murkrow, Vanillite, Mime Jr, Snivy, Roggenrola, Klefki, Chatot, Electrike, Poochyena, Mienfoo, Golett, Nosepass, Wingull, Slowpoke, Mienfoo (x2)
April - Klefki (x3), Scatterbug (x2), Growlithe, Deerling, Shinx
May - Pawniard, Electrode, Pachirisu (x2), Carbink, Phione, Audino, Litwick, Torchic (x2), Minun, Durant, Doduo, Espurr
June - Cyndaquil, Totodile, Espurr (x2), Trevenant, Houndour, Pumpkaboo, Pinsir (x2), Eevee, Chikorita, Venipede, Honedge
July - Spinarak, Elgyem, Lunatone, Riolu, Corsola, Furfrou, Illumise (x2), Pinsir, Noibat, Geodude, Ledyba, Aron (x2), Tropius, Drifloon, Pawniard, Cacnea
August - Combee-F, Bergmite, Togepi, Spearow (x2), Rufflet, Slugma (x6), Eevee, Butterfree, Pinsir, Remoraid, Barboach, Braixen (x4), Chinchou, Tynamo, Goldeen (x2), Venonat, Poliwhirl, Zangoose, Carvanha
September - Ponyta, Gogoat, Oddish (x2), Relicanth, Swadloon, Eevee, Hoothoot (x3), Meowth, Hoppip, Tropius, Regice, Snorunt (x3), Clefairy, Burmy (x4), Pidgey, Bergmite (x2), Vanillite, Lapras, Girafarig (x2), Corsola, Drowzee, Buneary, Registeel, Rattata, Sigilyph (x2), Munna
October - Munna, Whismur (x3), Larvesta, Gothorita, Treecko, Electrode, Feebas, Mawile, Bronzong, Electrode, Diggersby, Electabuzz, Luxio, Growlithe (x3), Pyroar-M, Koffing, Chingling, Joltik, Zubat, Pyroar-F (x3)
November - Houndour, Fletchling, Lillipup, Smeargle (x2), Teddiursa (x2), Deino, Audino, Beldum, Sableye, Swablu
December - Sandile (x6), Sableye (x2), Deerling (winter forme), Lileep, Floatzel, Skrelp (x3), Spheal, Poochyena

I also managed to trade my spare meloetta (there were two Japanese event meloetta on the Japanese copy of Black 1 I bought from ebay) for a shiny rayquaza

Quite a haul XD;;;

Currently I'm back in another ice safari, hunting snover and dewgong (and wondering how many bergmites I'll find in the process XP). I have 40 eggs hatched for staryu already; found the 6IV I'll be breeding until something hatches silver.

Virizion is at 23,550 SRs. Darn stubborn thing...

Last edited:

Kingzard

Shiny Hunter
Happy New Year my fellow Shiny hunters!! I wish good luck to everyone this year on your hunts!

As for me, on a whim, I found my last 2014 shiny with only 8 mins left on the clock 'til 2015. I decided that maybe I could get lucky and I ran into the only FS I have left on my Y version and this beautiful Shiny Gloom appeared on the SECOND encounter!! I couldn't believe it!

[IMG300]http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp44/Kitsuneii/pokemon/20141231_235146_zpsvr1oiz8s.jpg[/IMG300]

So she just ended my year with a sparkle. She has a Gentle nature and no nickname yet because I wanted to save my game quickly before the clock hit 0. :)

Zero1999

Happy new year, everyone, no shiny luck, but i have ordered pokemon colosseum and decided to try the hardest thing ever: SR for a Shiny, haven't decide which one but i will post as soon as i can