• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Blackkyurem

Alright! First route! I probably will hunt on OR cause i love Poocheyena's Shiny, so that is the main hunt, I think, yes!
I am going to hunt on that route until I get a Poocheyena. I think if i do 200-300+ res a day i can get him!

Tagi

Still hunting Cresselia...I've been at this for days and days, hours at a time. It's sending me batty. Batty! I must be at or close to odds.

Pluski

Wow. Last night I started SR'ing for Lugia in Alpha Sapphire, and went to bed after 125 resets. About an hour ago I decided to continue, and 30 SR's later at a total of 155 SR's, shiny Lugia appeared! This is my first successful shiny Legendary SR.

[img139]http://i.imgur.com/s6zUld2.jpg[/img139]

[img300]http://i.imgur.com/aE6j8Ux.jpg[/img300]

[img300]http://i.imgur.com/6HFoaxv.jpg[/img300]

[img300]http://i.imgur.com/p3XENES.jpg[/img300]

[img300]http://i.imgur.com/70pxzcM.jpg[/img300]

I tried catching in it a Premier Ball, but after it broke out more than 10 times, I decided to switch to Ultra Balls for a better catch rate. At the very last turn before I had planned to use the Master Ball, I managed to catch it.

It has a Timid Nature, and perfect IV's in Attack, Special Attack and Speed.

ohjeezitskim

WELL. I got to 1,000 SRs on my Suicune hunt and then went and SRed some
legends that I didn't want to shiny hunt for (Regice/Registeel)
(settled for calm 31/xx/31/31/31/xx for regice and careful 31/31/31/22/31/29 for regirock)

Then I decided to do at least 100 run aways for Latios...But apparently I didn't even need to go that high! @ 72 RAs Latios shined!!! :3
2/3 of his perfect stats were not needed ones (Attack and Defense)
But he did get special attack and timid sync work!
Seems I always have bad IVs for the ones I didn't get 31 lol
final spread is: 7-9/31/31/31/27-29/7-9
Special defense is good, but that poor speed stat ;-;

And he was an easy capture, I'm pretty sure it was only like 3-5 ultra balls!

I did manage to get him live too! My first live shiny on my new camera! Super
excited to get it uploaded and see what it looks like!
live video!

Last edited:

Supremacy

Shiny Hunter
Gratz to burnocoasta1 on Torchic, Iwanuq on Cresselia, bruinsgirl33 on Reshiram and Gastly, JohnNiles on Ho-Oh, Swatski9 on Latios, Pluski on Lugia, ohjeezitskim on Latios and everyone else on their shinies!

Btw, the Spiritomb in Sea Mauvilee is not shiny locked, right?

I'm pretty sure its not locked. Good luck if you decide to go for it; I also plan on hunting it sometime in the future.

2,000 Tornadus now, so I'm sort of convinced that Mirage Spots are normal odds (i.e. 1/4,096, and not FS style odds).

Yea I'm feeling the same way too. Good luck, hopefully it doesn't take as long as mines.

----------------

Thanks Greedy Chibi for the congrats. :]

Well, today I got all my wisdom teeth taken out.. So not really in the mood to hunt. Although I'm not really in that much pain; just the meds making me lazy. I did get up to 900 eggs hatched for Buneary yesterday, but I don't really mind. I'm still just so happy I finally got Torchic. As for my BQ, I've decided to hunt in Granite Cave, mainly for Makuhita but Abra would be nice too. Makuhita is tied for the highest encounter rate with Zubat.. So this hunt is pretty risky. There's also a 5% chance for Geodude and I can totally see that trolling me lol.. Hopefully not tho! Cmon, Makuhita/Abra one of you shine first pls.

Good luck everyone! :]

KzBreakdown

Tamer of Gyarados
Hey guys, congrats on all the shinies!

I've decided to take a break from shiny hunting to get the shiny charm, but I'm missing 14 pokemon and have been having difficulty in the Gen VI trading thread so I was hoping someone here would be willing to help me finish my dex.

Edit: just got a shiny Loudred off wonder trade, willing to give it to the first person who helps me

Shiny Loudred, ehh? I can help you. You'll have to give them back though, since I like looking at my living Dex.

I sent you a PM, I'm fine with your conditions, I never intended to keep the pokemon in the first place

Edit 2: Ventus went offline before the trade happened, if anyone helps before they return, Loudred is theirs

Edit 3: Dex is complete, thank you to those who helped!

Last edited:

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
Hey guys, congrats on all the shinies!

I've decided to take a break from shiny hunting to get the shiny charm, but I'm missing 14 pokemon and have been having difficulty in the Gen VI trading thread so I was hoping someone here would be willing to help me finish my dex.

Edit: just got a shiny Loudred off wonder trade, willing to give it to the first person who helps me
Shiny Loudred, ehh? I can help you. You'll have to give them back though, since I like looking at my living Dex.

Anyway, just got a shiny Ho-oh from GTS (someone accepted my deposit). Really wish my shiny Lugia hunt shows up soon so I can place these two awesome Johto legendaries side by side.

Demonslayer492

Got it Memorized?
Congrats to everyone and their shinies.

I'm here to say that my.long endeavour for Shiny Zekrom has ended. It finally shined at 3880 resets. Since the release of ORAS I started the hunt and a couple weeks of work and laziness I finally got him. Next hunt will probably be one of the regi's

Cyberra

pain in the ***
SECOND shiny absol pulled from the dark fs at 267 REs. She's Jolly-natured (looks good to me...) and alert to sounds, with Super Luck and max IVs in HP and SPD. I'm gonna keep her and train her for ORAS as either an all-out attacker or maybe Swords Dancer. Opposing trainers beware...

Cresselia is at 2,400 SRs and counting, and shellder is at 270 eggs.

Zero1999

To stop complaining about my lost shinies, i want to ask this

Treecko, Torchic, or Mudkip?

Which one looks better

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
To stop complaining about my lost shinies, i want to ask this

Treecko, Torchic, or Mudkip?

Which one looks better
I don't like any of the base shiny colors, but Mega Sceptile just looks sweet! I want to MM a shiny Treecko someday and evolve it into a beautiful MegaTile.

2rsa

Shiny Hunter
Congratz on the recent shinies, specially Supermacy on Torchic. I'm happy you got him finally. ^^

I'm on day 31 (I guess) of my Treecko hunt. Still no shiny. My exams start tomorrow, so I won't have much time for hunting, but I'll still try to hunt everyday. Can't wait to start my OR anymore.

good luck everyone! ^w^

Ginji

Hmm
After 1,008 SRs, I finally got a shiny mudkip and its female o_O

Attachments

• 20150110_012924.jpg
    20150110_012924.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
Exactly a week later, I get my second shiny of the year, and second shiny Legendary in Alpha Sapphire: Shiny Lugia!

Synchronize failed me once again (darn you!), but I'm happy with it, especially since I got a shiny Ho-oh from GTS earlier today, so I now have all shiny Johto Legendaries, except Celebi.

Next hunt is Cobalion. I'm still looking everyday though for Cresselia's island, then I'll postpone Cobalion's hunt for shiny Cresselia hunt.

Last edited:

Mestear

Shiny Hunter
Treecko is the best in shiny form, really. I was trying to find it in pokemon emerald, but then i read about broken rng.
And also congratz everybody on their shinies, especially Ginji and Void Ventus(i can't see your lugia for some reason)!

Last edited:

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
Treecko is the best in shiny form, really. I was trying to find it in pokemon emerald, but then i read about broken rng.
And also congratz everybody on their shinies, especially Ginji and Void Ventus(i can't see your lugia for some reason)!

Thanks for the congratulations! Really happy with it. Does the link not work? It's Flickr, and it should link to the pic of my shiny Lugia, nicknamed Maelstrom.

---

I didn't know Pathless Plain disappears after you exit. Aaarrgh I'll go back to it tomorrow when I wake up. I also forgot to mention until now that I'm also SRing for a shiny Latios in Black 2. I think I started on it last week Monday, and it still hasn't shined. I don't have the Shiny Charm obtained in it though, so my chances are incredibly low.

Duppy

Thanks for the congratulations! Really happy with it. Does the link not work? It's Flickr, and it should link to the pic of my shiny Lugia, nicknamed Maelstrom.

---

I didn't know Pathless Plain disappears after you exit. Aaarrgh I'll go back to it tomorrow when I wake up. I also forgot to mention until now that I'm also SRing for a shiny Latios in Black 2. I think I started on it last week Monday, and it still hasn't shined. I don't have the Shiny Charm obtained in it though, so my chances are incredibly low.

I can see it, it looks so nice. Congrats!

ShiningKnightXY

<----Newest Shiny
I have hatched, at most, about 80 eggs yesterdat, so I am off a good start. I just fear that when I do get a shiny Snivy it would end up with Overgrow instead, but, oh well, it would still count for the CH and I would just have to keep hunting.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Hi guys! Congratulations on the latest shinies (especially Supremacy on finally getting Torchic!)! :D

This first week of school was rather demanding, so I didn't hunt much, unfortunately... While in holidays I could hatch 150 eggs for my Buneary hunt in a day, it has come to this same amount for a week, this time. It brings my hunt to 1050 eggs hatched, which is a decent number, but not near enough the odds to call it a long hunt!
Didn't have any significant progress with my Cresselia hunt. Maybe a few soft resets, not more than 20.

I feel like drawing, today, so I might put the hunting aside. I will try to get some SRs or eggs done before the end of the day, though!

Good luck everyone!

Last edited: