1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Discussion in 'General Pokémon Discussion' started by Dangertrout, Nov 13, 2012.

1. Ampharos_Spark

Ampharos_Spark Gen 6 = <3

Congrats to: Wishmaker Latias on Snivy, Kirkeastment on Sandshrew, Scrufox86 on Foongus and Murkrow and Sandshrew and Swablu, DJX on Pinsir and Lotad and Cherrim, Artikia on Taillow, dark1raven3 on Trapinch, Ponymon on Swablu, Keovix on Patrat, Kalosian on Throh, Cyberra on Sneasel, cryuel on Latias, Manakete-Girl on Tepig and Snivy, The Prince Of May on Feebas, KittyKitty3308 on Registeel and Regigigas, shinycharizard06 on Reshiram, Earth Wolf-Howl on Absol, Claus351 on Horsea, Raicario on Zekrom and Mestear on Bulbasaur. Thanks to those who congratulated me on Zekrom!

So a few days ago I jumped on the Contrary Serperior hype train/band wagon and couldn't decide if I should go for Snivy or Feebas first. It then occurred to me that there are to daycares in ORAS so I could go for both! So I set up both daycares with Snivy and Feebas and worked on passing down IVs, ability, nature and egg moves that I wanted. So after hatching both a flawless Snivy and Feebas I realized that Contrary Serperior would really like Hidden Power Fire for coverage. So I had to find some Snivy's with Hidden Power Fire but I had to settle with Hidden Power Ice. Once that was set up I began to gather eggs of both Snivy and Feebas again and hatch them. After I woke up this morning I started hatching my first batch off eggs. Normal, normal, normal, normal,
    [IMG139]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y152/DarkSuicune/100-IMGA0809_zpsbc50090e.jpg[/IMG139]
    shiny Feebas! I don't know how many eggs it took as I gave up keeping track a while ago (It's kind of hard to keep track of two egg hunts on the same game at the same time). His IVs are 15/31/31/31/31/31 and has his Hidden ability (which after hatching him I realized was kind of useless). More pictures: OT/ID, summary, Egg Moves, Full 3DS Shot, Video. I'm looking forward to EV training and evolving him into a beautiful Milotic!

Edit: Welp look what hatched a few hours later...
    [IMG139]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y152/DarkSuicune/100-IMGA0820_zps68d38d65.jpg[/IMG139]
    Same story as Feebas only I just had lunch and was getting ready to the grocery store (how many times are shinies going to interfere with me buying food!?) and out of one of the eggs a cute blue Snivy popped out! His IVs aren't the best as I was trying to get a specific Hidden Power but failed 22/31/31/31/31/3. That speed IV it hurts... I almost want to try for a second one with a better speed IV and maybe a good hidden power but at the same time I wonder if I can work around his poor speed. At least he has his hidden ability Contrary! More pictures: OT/ID, Summary, Egg Moves, Full 3DS Shot and Video.

Good luck to everyone, especially those who've been after their target for a long time!

Last edited: Jan 19, 2015
  2. So I haven't played omega ruby much, but have been collecting eggs in X, and have collected 150. I've hatched an entire box and in the last 5 I hatched a shiny magby!
    congrats to everyone on their shiny Pokémon and good luck to everyone!

3. Cyberra

Cyberra pain in the ***

THIRD shiny sneasel found XP WHYYYYYYYYYYY could it not be a vullaby?! 4,052 REs and counting for that elusive vulture chick. This sneasel is another female, impish nature and likes to thrash about, with Keen Eye and is holding a grip claw. Into wonder trade she goes...

Cresselia is at 4,700 SRs. Oshawott is at 510 eggs.

Edit: ARGH! At 4,105 REs I get more sparkles. It's my third shiny freaking absol. *headdesks* Female, impish nature, takes plenty of siestas, has Pressure, and no hold item.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2015
  4. Swatski9

Swatski9 Member

Life must be hard :)

On topic, SRing for shiny Kyurem now(100), and hatching eggs for a perfect shiny ghastly(100). Doing 100 at a time for each, then breeding other things in-between. Wonder which one i'll get first :p

5. ohjeezitskim

ohjeezitskim Well-Known Member

True, hopefully I'll get my Snivy or Treecko then!

But here is the wurmple I hatched evolved...;

He came random in 20 eggs (5 of wumple, 5 of bagon and 10 zigzagoon)

Started my Snivy MM since Snivy (well serperior's shiny) was always a favorite of mine! Emboar was too, but Serperior's ability is great lol. So I collected 150 eggs since last night and I'm on my last box right now. So i'll probably be collecting more later haha.

So far in the month of January I've gotten Latios, Wumple, Omanyte, and I thought I had one more :eek: I know Lugia was December... Hmm, maybe only three then! Thought it was four haha.

6. Claus351

Claus351 Shiny hunter :)

haven't posted yet today in case i got more but i haven't, so here it is. Earlier this morning, i woke up and didn't know what to do after discovering last night that my Y cartridge had corrupted. (still don't know what to do). Feeling kind of down, i decided to try my hand at chain fishing again. Well, I had already gotten horsea (which is now waiting for a loop trade to evolve, but my girlfriend has been busy with finals so ejigsm) and i didn't really want many other fish shinies, so i decided to go for feebas.
    27 encounters later on a fishing rod chain, i found a female purple feebas! had an AWFUL nature (don't remember the name off hand but it was down sp atta up defense), but i still love it. Fully EV trained, just evolved it this afternoon. plan on Blissey Basing it to at least 90s or so. I have a thing about instacapping my shinies at 100. Is it just me?
    Anyways, i'm open to suggestions on my Y cartridge. Does anybody know if corruption is a reoccuring thing? if not i might be interested in doing a badge quest on it. Or just zooming through to get the poke radar and doing some intense chaining. :3

7. Manakete-Girl

Manakete-Girl 'Cause Dragon Types

239 eggs into Oshawott and

shiny oshawott.JPG

It IV spread is 31/31/31/X/31/31 which considering I bred as a Physical attacker is great but....

No shell armour.... Oh well I knew my luck with Snivy and Tegig's Hidden abilites would end. So I know when MH4U comes out next month that I achived in hunting the Unova starters.

8. AmazingChi

AmazingChi Volcanic Rage

Well, I've been away for aaaages, so huge congratulations to everyone and their shinies they've obtained in that time! Happy 2015 to you all too!

Only one bit of news on my part... So, there I was climbing the Sky Pillar during the Delta Episode, minding my own business when, bam! Ariados. Squinted at it for a bit before I confirmed that nope, that's not the usual colours. ARGH RE SHINY. He's male and bashful natured (he's more scared of you than you are of him...)

Good luck, shiny hunters!

9. Raptor737

Raptor737 Mage of Void

Woohoo! Just found a shiny Hoppip in Y after ~10 hordes. I did not expect to find it that quickly at all.
    I had never really try the horde method before, but now I'm definitely gonna test my luck!

Good luck to everyone's hunts and congrats to those with recent shinies!

10. StrongBad456

StrongBad456 Beginning Trainer

I took a little break after getting my shiny Totodile but decided I would try to start using the DexNavin OR to hunt shinies after trying it before and failing. Well, just now I caught a shiny Zorua with the DexNav! It's my first OR shiny of 2015. Congratulations to everyone else who got a shiny Pokemon!

11. Lorde

Lorde Banned

Last night I did around 45 more horde encounters for my Shiny Plusle attempt in Alpha Sapphire and I did 50 or so soft resets for my Shiny Reshiram hunt in Omega Ruby version. I also worked on my Shiny Rayquaza SR hunt this morning. Anyway congratulations to other people on their new Shinies.

12. kirkeastment

kirkeastment Completing The Trio

Hunt Update:

The SR's for Shiny Tepig(OmegaRuby) are long and arduous lol, clocking in at roughly 1 min 15 seconds per SR... so far i suspect i'm closing in on around 600 SR's with no sighting as yet of a Shiny Tepig, but it's a Shiny i really want and with my lucky Shiny Charm, you know imma stick with it for a good while longer. :D

Thus far, the one thing that really annoys me is that i cannot progress at all on this game until i find it, which is just super annoying.

But i digress, good luck on your hunts people, may they be fruitful and expedited too :D

13. TheMaster327

TheMaster327 Well-Known Member

Well. That took a while. But after 5,984 SRs, it finally showed up!

[img139]http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u440/TheMaster327/HNI_0023_zpsa6aae1e2.jpg[/img139][img139]http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u440/TheMaster327/HNI_0024_zps683fa0f4.jpg[/img139][img139]http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u440/TheMaster327/HNI_0026_zpsa9d6c3b0.jpg[/img139][img139]http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u440/TheMaster327/HNI_0027_zpsacb5989d.jpg[/img139]

Timid sync failed, so it ended up with a Naughty nature. It's IVs are 31 / 29 / 23 / 7 / 31 / 31 so really not sure what to do with this lol. It'll probably have to be a Physical set.

14. Tsukuyomi56

Tsukuyomi56 Gesshin Powered

Recently got a another DexNav shiny, this time a Pelipper on Route 119 on AlphaSapphire. I already have two shiny Pelipper on X/Y, but a shiny is still a shiny.

Congrats to anyone who has got a shiny and good luck to anyone still hunting!

15. ohjeezitskim

ohjeezitskim Well-Known Member

Well this just happened:

My second least favorite pokemon, so I'm not that excited.
    Considering I had a 3IV timid Mime Jr. already. I was just about
    to start collecting eggs for Snivy... so I'm a little extra mad.
    Snivy is going to take significant amount longer now, more than likely..

Anyway. He is timid, with outstanding potential. xx/xx/31/31/31/31

16. Zero1999

Zero1999 Well-Known Member

Hunting for bagon, 20 horde encounters , still no shiny

PD: Does anyone know a thread were i can post things like, does the ivs of my rayquaza is good?

17. Void Ventus

Void Ventus Sic Parvis Magna

Postponed my Castform hunt, and going on a Snivy hunt. Hatched about 30 eggs so far.

Just talk to the IV Judge in the Battle Resort. If he says the stats can't be beat, then they are 31IV.

18. Raptor737

Raptor737 Mage of Void

Aaaaaaannd I just found a shiny Whismur in Connecting Cave after about 20 minutes of horde hunting!

Looks like today is my lucky day!

19. Sydwinx

Sydwinx Queen of Hoopla

This weekend was...interesting, to say the least.

At my friends house, I found a shiny Shuppet! Not a spiritomb, but I love Shuppet regardless. About 50 REs afterwards, I found..a shiny phantump. I have a feeling I'll be getting a ton of those. Oh well, a shiny is a shiny...they look nice anyhow.

The..interesting part, is, since I was spending the night at my friends house, I decided to bring my 3ds and DSi XL. Because I was in a rush to pack, I could barely grab any games, and I nearly forgot the DSi.

The next day, I went to go grab my DSi, but I couldn't find it. I figured I left it at home, so I just continued my search for Spiritomb. A few hours later, my friends mom came into her room, holding something. Sure enough, it was my DSi XL, freezing and wet. Appearently, it fell out of my bag as I was rushing to get there, and was in snow overnight. Luckily, the only damage it took was the stickers I had on it are starting to peel. I feel ashamed of myself, though....Due to my rushing, I could have lost my DSi, and soulsilver. qq

20. Blastonite

Blastonite Dream Crusher

So I am at 2766 Srs for Treecko and still going as I post this. I should be farther but I accidentally select Torchic sometimes -_- pewp. But I mainly wanted to ask that if by accidentally selecting Torchic sometimes am I goofing with my odds/chances for getting my Shiny Treecko? It would be silly if it did but ya neva know! lol. I know the odds are only 1/4k but I just have a feeling that this shall be a longish hunt. Hopefully not! But I am ready for it.

Congrats to all who have seen the Shine and to those still searching I hope you see the Shine soon :D