• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

TheMaster327

Well. That took a while. But after 5,984 SRs, it finally showed up!

[img139]http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u440/TheMaster327/HNI_0023_zpsa6aae1e2.jpg[/img139][img139]http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u440/TheMaster327/HNI_0024_zps683fa0f4.jpg[/img139][img139]http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u440/TheMaster327/HNI_0026_zpsa9d6c3b0.jpg[/img139][img139]http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u440/TheMaster327/HNI_0027_zpsacb5989d.jpg[/img139]

Timid sync failed, so it ended up with a Naughty nature. It's IVs are 31 / 29 / 23 / 7 / 31 / 31 so really not sure what to do with this lol. It'll probably have to be a Physical set.

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Recently got a another DexNav shiny, this time a Pelipper on Route 119 on AlphaSapphire. I already have two shiny Pelipper on X/Y, but a shiny is still a shiny.

Congrats to anyone who has got a shiny and good luck to anyone still hunting!

ohjeezitskim

Well this just happened:

My second least favorite pokemon, so I'm not that excited.
Considering I had a 3IV timid Mime Jr. already. I was just about
to start collecting eggs for Snivy... so I'm a little extra mad.
Snivy is going to take significant amount longer now, more than likely..

Anyway. He is timid, with outstanding potential. xx/xx/31/31/31/31

Zero1999

Hunting for bagon, 20 horde encounters , still no shiny

PD: Does anyone know a thread were i can post things like, does the ivs of my rayquaza is good?

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
Postponed my Castform hunt, and going on a Snivy hunt. Hatched about 30 eggs so far.

Hunting for bagon, 20 horde encounters , still no shiny

PD: Does anyone know a thread were i can post things like, does the ivs of my rayquaza is good?
Just talk to the IV Judge in the Battle Resort. If he says the stats can't be beat, then they are 31IV.

Raptor737

Mage of Void
Aaaaaaannd I just found a shiny Whismur in Connecting Cave after about 20 minutes of horde hunting!

Looks like today is my lucky day!

Sydwinx

Queen of Hoopla
This weekend was...interesting, to say the least.

At my friends house, I found a shiny Shuppet! Not a spiritomb, but I love Shuppet regardless. About 50 REs afterwards, I found..a shiny phantump. I have a feeling I'll be getting a ton of those. Oh well, a shiny is a shiny...they look nice anyhow.

The..interesting part, is, since I was spending the night at my friends house, I decided to bring my 3ds and DSi XL. Because I was in a rush to pack, I could barely grab any games, and I nearly forgot the DSi.

The next day, I went to go grab my DSi, but I couldn't find it. I figured I left it at home, so I just continued my search for Spiritomb. A few hours later, my friends mom came into her room, holding something. Sure enough, it was my DSi XL, freezing and wet. Appearently, it fell out of my bag as I was rushing to get there, and was in snow overnight. Luckily, the only damage it took was the stickers I had on it are starting to peel. I feel ashamed of myself, though....Due to my rushing, I could have lost my DSi, and soulsilver. qq

Blastonite

Dream Crusher
So I am at 2766 Srs for Treecko and still going as I post this. I should be farther but I accidentally select Torchic sometimes -_- pewp. But I mainly wanted to ask that if by accidentally selecting Torchic sometimes am I goofing with my odds/chances for getting my Shiny Treecko? It would be silly if it did but ya neva know! lol. I know the odds are only 1/4k but I just have a feeling that this shall be a longish hunt. Hopefully not! But I am ready for it.

Congrats to all who have seen the Shine and to those still searching I hope you see the Shine soon :D

Scrufox86

And I am back with more shiny news!!! I finally hatched my shiny Scatterbug! so that means... Shiny Kalos challenge complete!!! for me. Wow I still have 3.5 boxes of scatterbug to hatch and I only gathered 5 because I wasn't getting anywhere. I have hatched so many I have lost exact count but it must be at least 2000 eggs possibly up to 4000 as I have been on/off MMing for this. Well now that is done I can find a new target. I think I will concentrate on gen II pokemon that I still need and most will be MM shinies so time to gather up some more boxes of eggs and complete shiny Johto dex.

Congrats to all new shinies since my last post and good luck shiny hunters!

StrongBad456

Beginning Trainer
I caught a shiny Tyrogue and all I can say is, wow. All it took was 3 encounters and it appeared. My fastest shiny ever. Congrats to everyone who got the shiny they've been looking for and good luck to those still hunting.

Raptor737

Mage of Void
After a few hours of more horde hunting, I found a shiny Gulpin. I honestly don't think I've ever had this much luck with shiny Pokemon before! (well, aside from chain fishing...)

One odd thing about all three of my shinies is that I threw one Pokeball and got a critical capture. Every time. Just a weird coincidence, I guess.

Good luck to everyone!

Zero1999

160 horde encounters, and still no shiny i thought that hordes were easier than i expected xD

Manakete-Girl

'Cause Dragon Types

Attachments

• shiny gastly.JPG
    shiny gastly.JPG
    46 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:

Twilit Dragoon

*omnious thunderstorm*
Congrats to pokefreak2014, Sito, DJX, Giblie, wobbanut, Supremacy, StrongBad456, Iwanuq, bruinsgirl33, JohnNiles, Scherzando, Swatski9, JohnMango95, Pluski, ohjeezeitskim, Demonslayer492, Ginji, Void Ventus, Shiny Lord, KittyKitty3308, Wishmaker Latias, eiger, Echo Nacyl, TheEliteEmpoleon, maldoror, kirkeastment, The Prince of May, camhines4, Kalosian, *Murkrow, EHAN, Manakete-Girl, Mewtwo Ex, Shine, HM02gon, dark1raven3, searing light dragon, Martinzqx, PokemonMegaBeast, TheBuckeye11, Blaze., Ampharos_Spark, Artikia, Ponymon, Keovix, cryuel, shinycharizard06, Earth Wolf-Howl, Raicario, Mestear, AmazingChi, TheMaster327, Tsukuyomi56, Scrufox86 and everyone else on your new shinies!

I've been busy for the past couple weeks playing Hyrule Warriors, so hunting has slacked off quite a bit. I ended up hurting my right thumb, so I had to stop playing Hyrule Warriors, instead I started SRing for Heatran again. I was doing my resets in batches of 100, and I was working towards 600 SRs. A measely 16 SRs later, 516 SRs total:

[img139]http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t237/Storm_Dragoon/ASOR/e4a0b41f-5e09-40d4-8470-b7e749e8a0ec_zpse3dd2c6a.jpg[/img139]
[img139]http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t237/Storm_Dragoon/ASOR/bfa7db95-ab06-492d-aa8c-813c0f67558a_zps67a1fb99.jpg[/img139]

Shiny Heatran appeared! I knew it was shiny when it came out of the portal, but when it appeared on the screen, I saw its pink eyes, followed by sparkles, confirmed it.

Now this thing was a pain in the backside to catch. On my previous test catches, I only needed to throw about 5 Repeat Balls and I would catch it every time. This one actually blew through all 20 Repeat Balls in my bag, so I resorted to using Timer Balls. I was half afraid that I was going to have to use the Master Ball, but luckily I didn't need to. I ended up catching it on the 4th Timer Ball I threw, so I saved the Master Ball for another day.

My Modest Synchronizer was a success and shiny Heatran ended up with a Modest nature. He also has flawless HP, Special Attack and Speed.

More pictures:

Nickname Screen
Shiny Heatran
Trainer ID
Modest Nature

I'm not currently hunting anything atm, I do plan on SRing for a shiny Ho-oh for a little bit. I have a Master Ball handy, as I do not like the 20 PP limit, but meh. If I have to use it I will, not risking losing a shiny.

Last edited:

Artikia

Currently hunting for a shiny Electrike to become my 3rd shiny for my badgequest. I'm only about 25 encounters in so far. Trying to find time to play, at least on the weekends I have quite a lot of time.

As always really, I dont post without (good) news! I really wanted to get Latios and Latias shiny but I just dont want to go through the torture of the cutscenes. I live in The Netherlands, and Pokemon isnt really the most popular of games. Besides, we normally dont really participate in the events. Yesterday I googled to find out if they were spread in The Netherlands at all. To my surprise, there is 1 shop that participated, at like 8 locations through the country. So I thought, might as well try then. My 3DS has only been outside of the house like once or twice as I'm always too scared to lose it. So I put it in the bottom of my bag and took the bus from my town to a city nearby. Then I took the subway to Rotterdam, which always carries hundreds of people at that time of day. Besides, at my school (the Erasmus Uni) there are a lot of people as well. I only streetpassed 4 people however, which was kind of what I expected.. But, (at least) one of them had the Eon Ticket! So I'm now the proud owner of the Eon Ticket on my Alpha Sapphire. Which kinda sucks, as I like Latias way more than Latios. Guess Ill have to try again soon with my Omega Ruby!

Good luck everyone on your hunts!

Sydwinx

Queen of Hoopla
I would like to participate/ join this thread. Is there a particular way to do it? Or do you just post when you have something to post about?

If you find a shiny, just post about it! Or, post about shinies you plan to hunt/your progress on shiny hunting so far.

ohjeezitskim

I've managed it again with the accidental shiny hatch this time it was a Shiny gastly on the 15 egg (I knew cause I only gather 3 sets).

She was named Phantom and her IV spread is:

View attachment 14245

31/X/31/31/31/X Wish she had 31 speed.... Oh well...

That's a picture of the oshawott x3 at least that's what I see

No news for me. I collected 105 eggs after that mime hatched and no snivy yet.
Hopefully I'll collect 90-120 later on today. Not in the best moods either today
but I have nothing else to do so... Hunting it is!

Aesnath

But Nothing Happened
After having discovered that shiny legends are a thing in ORAS, I just finished a week long hunt for a blue Giratina. Then, it was a bit of a struggle to get it into a dive ball. But it worked!

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I worked more on my Shiny Plusle hunt on Alpha Sapphire last night and I also did 75 soft resets for my Shiny Reshiram hunt in Omega Ruby. This morning, I worked on my Shiny Rayquaza hunt in Ruby as well and did like 60 soft resets. Also, congratulations to other people on their new Shinies and good luck to others.