• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Manakete-Girl

'Cause Dragon Types
Wow this Raikou gave me quite the scare when I was coming home from school I was just soft reseting and

It deicded to shine about 10SR after I had began.

Shiny Raikou.JPG

It magaged to crit my Parasect (My Spore poke) 4 times with spark.

Timid sync failed though got hardy instead with a IV Spread of: 31/X/31/X/X/31. Still usable atleast.

I'll start Suicune tommorrow but for now I need do the E4 for money to buy more ultra balls. Raikou ate 36 of them and I had 74.

I nicknamed it Zinogre.

_Edu

Shiny Hunter
Congrats on your new shines, guys.

Still no luck with Zekrom, although I haven't made much progress, I'm around 1,500 SR. Hopefully I'll get it soon so I can move to Latios.

Good luck on your current hunts!

EDIT: A little off topic, I was upset that I couldn't register for the Battle of Hoenn competition (but at the same time I'm kinda "relieved" that cherish balls can't be passed down through breeding) because I was dying for a shiny Tyrunt in a cherish ball and I was determined to get a female Tyrunt to do so, oh well...

Speaking of rare pokeballs, I remember that earlier last year I found a shiny Weedle during the Catching Contest on Soul Silver. and shortly after that it found a shiny leaf. What are the chances?!

Last edited:

Aesnath

But Nothing Happened
It seems a lot easier when you're actually looking for them rather than just expecting them to come randomly during a normal playthrough.

For real--I have yet to encounter a completely unexpected shiny. I've occasionally gotten an unintended shiny out of horde encounters, but I was shiny hunting all along.

Also, shinies are pretty rare even with things like the shiny charm. If you aren't trying to manipulate the odds (i.e. MMing, Friend safaris, horde encounters, chaining, lots of soft resetting) it just isn't that likely. Even in the new games.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Yesterday evening I did 50+ horde encounters for my Shiny Plusle hunt in Alpha Sapphire. I also did about 45 soft resets for my Shiny Reshiram hunt in Omega Ruby this morning, plus 70 soft resets for my Shiny Rayquaza attempt last night. Anyway, congrats to others on their newest Shinies.

Kalosian

So long
After the three random shinies I found last week, I didn't expect to be back to this thread so soon again. But it seems like things never go as you expect, even when it is comes to something positive.

I was doing some EV-training on Y today, using Hordes and getting close to being done with the Pokemon I was currently training. Ran into another horde consisting of one the Pokemon groups I didn't want to see... but it had something else that I was more than okay with seeing. Had to catch it which meant a slight screwup in the EV-training, but who cares, I didn't want to miss out on this. Fixing the EVs afterwards was easy anyways.

[img139]http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n82/Hoto747/pkmn/glitters/IMG_3760_zpsmni83ly3.jpg[/img139]
[img139]http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n82/Hoto747/pkmn/glitters/IMG_3778_zpssydfgcbx.jpg[/img139]
[img139]http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n82/Hoto747/pkmn/glitters/IMG_3785_zpsvjfhwyev.jpg[/img139]
[img139]http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n82/Hoto747/pkmn/glitters/IMG_3789_zpshvwv9hzx.jpg[/img139]
[img139]http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n82/Hoto747/pkmn/glitters/IMG_3802_zpsuhlqgwpe.jpg[/img139]
[img139]http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n82/Hoto747/pkmn/glitters/IMG_3810_zps5gyugoa8.jpg[/img139]
[img139]http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n82/Hoto747/pkmn/glitters/IMG_3829_zps0rdpecf3.jpg[/img139]
[img139]http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n82/Hoto747/pkmn/glitters/IMG_3841_zpsyjibpfdz.jpg[/img139]
This is my second shiny on Y (both of them have been from hordes), and my overall 3rd shiny from a horde. Had the Shiny Charm while getting it. This is special for me for two reasons. It is the first time where I meet a random shiny which is a Pokemon introduced in the second generation, that has never happened to me before. I have gotten random shinies of Pokemon from all other generations before, but not from the second. Also, this is the first time where I meet a random shiny which is from the same family as my lead Pokemon (although that isn't shown in the pictures).

Congrats to all who have gotten a shiny recently, and good luck to everyone on your hunts.

V

Shiny Hunter
Don't have my Treecko yet, but I've also been neglecting my hunt. I'm officially starting my HG BQ today. Hoping for shiny Totodile as my starter, but I just especially hope it isn't Chikorita, since that is what I have on SS. Grats to all you lucky folks and good luck to all you (like me) unlucky so far ones! <3

Archsage

Shiny Hunting!
While exploring Mirage Forest to get some Pokémon I didn't have for my Y game, I unexpectedly found a shiny Kricketune! It startled me when I found it, I stared at it wondering if I was imagining it before I saw the sparkles and started cheering.
image.jpg
It's a female, named Melody. The little bugger used up all of the Premier Balls I was trying to catch it in, I was so afraid to hit it that I had to use Flygon's Sandstorm to do damage.

She's absolutely adorable, I think I'm in love with this little girl.

Raicario

Pokemon hybrid
Currently SR'ing for a Shiny Reshiram in OR, and quite frankly, the lack of sparkles thus far is driving me nuts! I'm up to 300 SR's at the moment, and I SWEAR that rat ba- I mean little bugger is not being Shiny on purpose! *sigh* If there's anything more frustrating than Shiny hunting, I don't want to know about it.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
At last! After 5,638 REs in the friend safari, three shiny absol, and three shiny sneasel, vullaby has sparkled for me! She's quirky and mischievous, with Big Pecks as her ability. I'm gonna take her to the battle chateau and evolve her into a mandibuzz.

[img139]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Primus001/Shiny%20Pokemon/picture%20098_zpstfrzl5yt.jpg[/img139]

Next stop is an electric safari after zebstrika.

Cresselia is at 5,500 SRs. Horsea is at 190 eggs.

Last edited:

Ampharos_Spark

Gen 6 = <3
Congrats to: Cyberra on Sneasel and Absol and Oshawott and Vullaby, Claus351 on Feebas, Manakete-Girl on Oshawott and Gastly and Raikou, Raptor737 on Hoppip and Whismur and Gulpin, StrongBad456 on Zorua and Tyrogue, TheMaster327 on Tornadus, ohjeezitskim on Mr.Mime, Sydwinxs on Shuppet and Phantump, Scrufox86 on Scatterbug, Twilit Dragoon on Heatran, Aesnath on Giratina, Greedy Chibi on Electrike, KenKong on Timburr, Pluski on Zekrom, Wobbanut on Whismur and Skitty, Kalosian on Mareep, Archsage on Kricketune! Thanks to those who congratulated me!

I once again come bearing new shiny news. So I'm trying to figure out a good competitive team for my Alpha Sapphire and decided that I'd like to try messing around with Mega Salamence and Mega Lopunny. So I gathered up everything to pass down natures, abilities and egg moves until I was ready to start breeding for IVs.So once I got my 6IV Dittos in the daycare I started hatching eggs for both Bagon and Buneary for IVs. Eventually this strawberry and chocolate bunny popped out of one of one of the eggs!
[IMG139]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y152/DarkSuicune/100-IMGA0827_zps413ca4fb.jpg[/IMG139] She luckily ended up with her hidden ability, Limber. I've nicknamed her and I am currently EV training her. IVs are 31/31/15/18/31/31 and more pictures: OT/ID, Summary, Egg Moves, Full 3DS Shot, Video.

Good luck to everyone especially those with stubborn targets!

EHAN

Shiny Hunter
I never thought I'd be back so soon...

First of all, congrats to TheGreaterLucario on Pidgey, Manakete-Girl on Raikou, Kalosian on Mareep, Archsage on Kricketune (DELELELE WHOOOOOP), Cyberra on Vullaby, and Ampharos_Spark on Buneary.

Now I come bearing good news. You know how yesterday I was talking about my Eevee DexNav hunt? Well consider it over already. On a chain of only 46, this beauty showed up.

Eevee is one of my dream shinies, I've been hunting for this thing for years in multiple ways across multiple games, all methods more or less abandoned. Until the DexNav, that is. I'm so glad to finally have one in my possession. The brilliant grey is so alluring to me.

Now I'm not quite sure where to go from here... I might go down to Route 110 to hunt some Electrike. I need to reclaim what I've lost. Yeah, I think I'll do that. Until then, see you guys later! And good luck to all of you!

Swatski9

Started a BQ in X. It takes a long time from the point you can save to getting your starter/being able to view if it's shiny. I might abandon it already and start one on an older version. Meh.

starrybluecat

As you can read in my signature

I was randomly hatching a female lure ball horsea

And on the first egg

I literally hatched a shiny one

There's even a picture in my signature

Omg when it hatched I stared at that so long

Thought I was just seeing different colors cause I'm gettin a bit tired

Prince Umbreon

Starfish and Coffee
Sooo I'm just shy of 3,000 SRs for my shiny Ho-Oh. This phoenix rainbow bird is so persistent! I guess I really did use up all my luck when I nabbed my shiny Cresselia. But the show must go on! The longer it takes to get it, the more thrilled I'll be when it finally decides to sparkle.

inb4 it uses all its 20PP before I can catch it and it Struggles to death

^I'm cringing just thinking about it ugh. I think my Heal Pulse/Hypnosis Gardevoir will be able to handle it though. Hopefully.

taufik386

just report from my shiny hunting.
actually i never do SR-ing. but sometimes people change :D
i SR-ing legends in my AS, and here we go :
shiny Latios after 28 SRs
shiny Virizion after 578 SRs
shiny Zekrom after 67 SRs (i got virizion and zekrom in one day)
and last thursday, got shiny Suicune after 602 SRs.

now i SR-ing Lugia, wish me luck.

congratz to everyones with your recent shinies

Aesnath

But Nothing Happened
Congrats to: Cyberra on Sneasel and Absol and Oshawott and Vullaby, Claus351 on Feebas, Manakete-Girl on Oshawott and Gastly and Raikou, Raptor737 on Hoppip and Whismur and Gulpin, StrongBad456 on Zorua and Tyrogue, TheMaster327 on Tornadus, ohjeezitskim on Mr.Mime, Sydwinxs on Shuppet and Phantump, Scrufox86 on Scatterbug, Twilit Dragoon on Heatran, Aesnath on Giratina, Greedy Chibi on Electrike, KenKong on Timburr, Pluski on Zekrom, Wobbanut on Whismur and Skitty, Kalosian on Mareep, Archsage on Kricketune! Thanks to those who congratulated me!

I once again come bearing new shiny news. So I'm trying to figure out a good competitive team for my Alpha Sapphire and decided that I'd like to try messing around with Mega Salamence and Mega Lopunny. So I gathered up everything to pass down natures, abilities and egg moves until I was ready to start breeding for IVs.So once I got my 6IV Dittos in the daycare I started hatching eggs for both Bagon and Buneary for IVs. Eventually this strawberry and chocolate bunny popped out of one of one of the eggs!

Good luck to everyone especially those with stubborn targets!

Congrats on the bunny! My daughter (who may be joining this thread soon to document her Cressalia search) hatched one of them a few months ago. I bring this up because it was literally the last egg out of a group of 450 and she had long given up hope.

taufik386: It seems like you have had really good luck with the SRing!
Prince Umbreon: Keep going! It'll show up eventually!
Cyberra: You sound like a shiny-hunting machine!

Everyone else: Good luck!

I've still got a few boxes of phanpy to breed before I start hatching--I tend to breed 15 boxes at once, then hatch the whole shebang.

Steelcry

Mew Guardian
Hi everyone this will be my first post here and I never thought I would be posting in this thread but I just had to share this moment with someone and what better place then Serebii! Sorry I'm a little hyper right now so here it is

*Dances around like a chicken with her head chopped off and set on fire* FINALLY! Today at 10:28am on 1-24-2015 for the first time ever I found a shiny pokemon in game in the wild without any bonuses and CAUGHT IT!

Now I know most of ya on here its not that big of a deal; everyone on here seems to have caught a shiny at some point but I have been playing since the first games of Red and Blue back in 1998 and have NEVER seen a wild shiny before EVER! Now I've never completed my dex or got a shiny charm before either nor have I done these things in pokemon X.

So you can imagine my shock and joy at finding this guy. I've never seen a shiny in the wild before in all my years of pokemon games; now I admit I skipped gen 3; couldn't get a Gameboy advanced but I played all the other gens and not once NOT once did I see a shiny! The first shiny I did get was an event which was still cool but not nearly as gratifying as finding one in the wild!

I was actually trying to level up some mons to evo them and get them for my dex. I wasn't even really looking at the screen; I was multitasking between watching TV and looking up the details on other mons to level next and I glance down to set my attack only to notice that the Zweilous is green not its normal blue.

Its then I freak out and desperately try and catch it and after a few panic moments I'm running out of special type pokeballs and just toss out a normal one. I so did not expect it to work but it did!

I now have an ever so handsomely green male Zweilous level 59 who is Timid in Nature and oddly enough Strongly defiant (which is me now that I think about it LOL!) Oh and I caught the beasty in the caves of Victory Road!

Now I've tried to shiny hunt before was after a Shiny Froakie for a while when XY first came out. Then gave up and went after a shiny Mareep, gave up and just decided it wasn't going to happen I even do breeding I do alot of breeding for IVs and ball types! Not once have I've gotten a shiny through breeding, hunting, FS.

The only way I have any shinies is by trade and events I now have a few of them but this guy will be my all time favorite because I found him and I caught him in the wild! *dances* Sorry sorry I'm just so happy and a little shell shocked too I think.

Anyways good luck to all those shiny hunting I'm going to get back to filling those last 100 of my dex now.

Aesnath

But Nothing Happened
Hi everyone this will be my first post here and I never thought I would be posting in this thread but I just had to share this moment with someone and what better place then Serebii! Sorry I'm a little hyper right now so here it is

*Dances around like a chicken with her head chopped off and set on fire* FINALLY! Today at 10:28am on 1-24-2015 for the first time ever I found a shiny pokemon in game in the wild without any bonuses and CAUGHT IT!

Now I know most of ya on here its not that big of a deal; everyone on here seems to have caught a shiny at some point but I have been playing since the first games of Red and Blue back in 1998 and have NEVER seen a wild shiny before EVER! Now I've never completed my dex or got a shiny charm before either nor have I done these things in pokemon X.

So you can imagine my shock and joy at finding this guy. I've never seen a shiny in the wild before in all my years of pokemon games; now I admit I skipped gen 3; couldn't get a Gameboy advanced but I played all the other gens and not once NOT once did I see a shiny! The first shiny I did get was an event which was still cool but not nearly as gratifying as finding one in the wild!

I was actually trying to level up some mons to evo them and get them for my dex. I wasn't even really looking at the screen; I was multitasking between watching TV and looking up the details on other mons to level next and I glance down to set my attack only to notice that the Zweilous is green not its normal blue.

Its then I freak out and desperately try and catch it and after a few panic moments I'm running out of special type pokeballs and just toss out a normal one. I so did not expect it to work but it did!

I now have an ever so handsomely green male Zweilous level 59 who is Timid in Nature and oddly enough Strongly defiant (which is me now that I think about it LOL!) Oh and I caught the beasty in the caves of Victory Road!

Now I've tried to shiny hunt before was after a Shiny Froakie for a while when XY first came out. Then gave up and went after a shiny Mareep, gave up and just decided it wasn't going to happen I even do breeding I do alot of breeding for IVs and ball types! Not once have I've gotten a shiny through breeding, hunting, FS.

The only way I have any shinies is by trade and events I now have a few of them but this guy will be my all time favorite because I found him and I caught him in the wild! *dances* Sorry sorry I'm just so happy and a little shell shocked too I think.

Anyways good luck to all those shiny hunting I'm going to get back to filling those last 100 of my dex now.

Don't apologize--that first shiny is pretty special. Congrats!