• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Poképro1992

Pokémon Pro
Hi folks it's been a while been hunting for multiple targets (and getting multiple un catch able pooches as a result) but now that exams are over I decided to get back into hunting and got myself a live shiny Deoxys in my leaf green while in a skype call :D

Link to video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ix1gGkR8SCY&feature=youtu.be

Enjoy!!!

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Wrong on both counts. Tauros may have low SAtk but if you're going with a Sheer Force Tauros, then Naive is superior as a speed boosting nature. Sheer Force + LO makes the special attacks quite useful. And Impish / Careful are bad natures for Tauros. Unless you're using some odd Intimidate Tauros.

Ignore my SF thing though if you can't pass on HA Abilities with Tauros...

I have to admit I completely forgot about Sheer Force.

Though, if we're talking strictly in-game, I think Rash would be better if you want to go Mixed. Might as well boost that special moves all the way, it already has enough Speed for in-game anyway.

And you can pass HA with Tauros. Male + Ditto pass HA now ;)

Anyway

Sparkly ice angel just showed up last night after less than one hour of SR-ing :D Makes a nice birthday present from my game, although late by a day :p

Modest sync worked, and the 31 IVs are in HP, SAtk, and SDef, so it's great.

Dive Ball even got a successful critical capture, and it's only the second Dive Ball I've thrown too!

Made the battle very short, right when I was thinking I might have to throw almost all of my 45 Dive Balls xD

[img139]http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll201/Aura_Sphere/regice1_zpseb434626.jpg[/img139]
[img139]http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll201/Aura_Sphere/regice2_zpsdf2327e0.jpg[/img139]
[img139]http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll201/Aura_Sphere/regice4_zps5a482c68.jpg[/img139]
[img139]http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll201/Aura_Sphere/regice3_zps96564671.jpg[/img139]

Sparky Mc-S

Let the sparks fly~
If we do decide on the Chinese New Year, I went through the Pokedex and listed possible candidates - some up for debate though. And added some suggestions from other as well.

Goat: Skiddo/Gogoat

Monkey: Mankey line, Aipom line, Slakoth line?, Chimchar line, Pan/Simi monkeys, Darmanitan (Darumaka?)

Rooster: Torchic line

Dog: Growlithe line, Houndour line, Snubbull line, Poochyena line, Electrike line, Lillipup line

Pig: Swinub line, Spoink line, Tepig line, Munna line

Rat: Rattata line, Pichu line, Plusle+Minun?, Azurill+Marill, Dedenne

Ox: Tauros, Miltank?, Bouffalant

Tiger/Big Cats: Persian (Meowth?), Raikou, Shinx line, Liepard (Purrloin?), Litleo line

Rabbit: Buneary line, Bunnelby line, Azumarril

Dragon: I'd rather hunt for the dragon type rather than the pokemon looking like dragons.
Dratini line, Kingdra, Vibrava+Flygon, Altaria, Bagon line, Lati@s, Rayquaza, Gible line, Palkia, Dialga, Giratina, Axew line, Druddigon, Deino line, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Dragalge, Tyrunt line, Goomy line and the Noibat line.
Charizard, Gyarados, Dratini line, Bagon line, Rayquaza, Giratina (origin forme), Druddigon, Zweilous/Hydreigon and Noivern.

Snake: Ekans line, Onix line, Seviper, Snivy line

Horse: Ponyta line, Blitzle line

Now some explanations for my madness ^^
Slakoth line - look more like sloths but Vigoroth is the 'Wild Monkey Pokemon' and Slaking kinda looks like a gorilla. Same with Darmanitan, looks like a gorilla but not sure about Darumaka.

Munna and Musharna resemble pigs to me.

Miltank - she's a bovine meaning "Of, relating to, or resembling a ruminant mammal of the bovid subfamily Bovinae, such as a cow, ox, or buffalo, especially one in the genus Bos." :)

I wasn't sure about Meowth but added it to Tiger/Big Cats for Persian. Same with Purrloin and Liepard.

Onix + Steelix = Rock + Iron Snake Pokemon.

Zorua line could be added to Dog since Foxes are technically related to dogs

Foxes are more closely related to cats than dogs but again, can add that for more for variety. Example, Vulpix line, Zorua line and Fennekin line.

The list is based on my opinion and is totally up for debate :) Hope it helps ^^

Last edited:

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Hey guys, I got a shiny eevee this week! I was pretty sick this past week, so the other day I did a real endurance run of eight hours of gameplay (including keeping it on the charger) and 420-425 encounters on a chain. I was just about to give in for the night when a shiny finally appeared. ^_^ It's naive and proud of its power, so let me know what its best eeveelution is.

Right now I'm working on electrike and voltorb outside of Slateport. I'm glad to be done with Rustboro for a bit.

EDIT: Just got a shiny electrike right after signing off. Yay. :)

Last edited:

Cyberra

pain in the ***
:D Shiny horsea after 1,285 eggs! He's male and ended up with a rash nature, takes plenty of siestas, and has the Sniper ability. His name is Jun-A266; any gamers here who play the Halo series should be able to place the name ^_^

[img139]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Primus001/Shiny%20Pokemon/picture%20106_zpsw5vcgsim.jpg[/img139]

Next up will be tauros, and after some deliberation I have decided on a jolly nature, with intimidate since I was unable to catch one with Sheer Force.

Cresselia is at 6,500 SRs. Tauros MM has not yet begun.

Last edited:

Cpchris

Shiny Hunter
Congrats to 2rsa on Treecko, Zero1999 on Gastly, HM02gon on Skarmory, Twilit Dragoon on Ho-Oh, taufik386 on Thundurus, Auraninja on Cubchoo, Pokepro1992 on Deoxys, Shine on Regice (happy belated birthday!), Cyberra on Horsea, and everyone else on your shinies!

-----------

OP is updated and the list of current CH pokemon are also listed below:

Snake
Ekans - Arbok - Onix - Gyarados - Dratini - Dragonair - Dunsparce - Steelix - Seviper - Huntail - Gorebyss - Milotic - Rayquaza - Snivy - Servine - Serperior

Horse
Ponyta - Rapidash - Girafarig - Stantler - Blitzle - Zebstrika - Deerling - Sawsbuck - Virizion

Goat
Mareep - Flaaffy - Ampharos - Cobalion - Skiddo - Gogoat

Monkey
Mankey - Primeape - Aipom - Vigoroth - Slaking - Chimchar - Monferno - Infernape - Ambipom - Pansage - Simisage - Pansear - Simisear - Panpour - Simipour - Darumaka - Darmanitan

Rooster
Togepi - Togetic - Ho-Oh - Torchic - Combusken - Blaziken - Swablu - Altaria - Togekiss

Dog
Growlithe - Arcanine - Snubbul - Granbull - Houndour - Houndoom - Smeargle - Suicune - Poochyena - Mightyena - Lillipup - Herdier - Stoutland - Furfrou

Pig
Drowzee - Swinub - Piloswine - Spoink - Grumpig - Mamoswine - Tepig - Pignite - Emboar - Munna - Musharna

Rat
Rattata - Raticate - Pikachu - Raichu - Sandshrew - Sandslash - Pichu - Marill - Azumarill - Azurill - Plusle - Minun - Pachirisu - Patrat - Watchog - Minccino - Cinccino - Emolga - Chespin - Quilladin - Chesnaught - Dedenne

Ox
Tauros - Miltank - Numel - Camerupt - Bouffalant - Terrakion

Tiger
Meowth - Persian - Electabuzz - Raikou - Entei - Skitty - Delcatty - Absol - Shinx - Luxio - Luxray - Glameow - Purrugly - Purrloin - Liepard - Litleo - Pyroar - Espurr - Meowstic

Rabbit
Nidoran♀ - Nidorina - Nidoqueen - Nidoran♂ - Nidorino - Nidoking - Whismur - Buneary - Lopunny - Audino - Bunnelby - Diggersby

Dragon
Charizard - Dragonite - Kingdra - Lugia - Bagon - Shelgon - Salamence - Latias - Latios - Gible - Gabite - Garchomp - Dialga - Palkia - Giratina - Axew - Fraxure - Haxorus - Druddigon - Deino - Zweilous - Hydreigon - Kyurem - Dragalge

Here’s last year’s list. I think it was mostly all worked out at this point, so if it worked last year, it should work for this year’s, too. I believe this was post-debates, too (I saw some debates about the Slakoth line being included last year, along with some others). IIRC, there was a fair bit of “this should count/this shouldn’t count”, and at the end of it all, this was what we ended up with :)

-----------

I haven’t been able to hunt much this week – only a few hundred REs – due to family visiting. And while I do have a bit of tomorrow to hunt, it’s looking like no January shiny for me :( Granted, I’ve still only done ~7k REs since my last shiny in mid-December, but my hunts are starting to get a bit overdue anyways, so it would have been nice…

Good luck, everyone (especially markasdarkas, MurderofKrow, RaichuArcanine, pokemaster13, Tina, jrmftw, Lorde, Keane, Shy, Ruru_star, CosmicSparkles, Razorbadger, Supremacy, and Lunafloon)!

Blastonite

Dream Crusher
IT HAS SHOWN!!!!! IN TIME FOR THE CH STILL!!!!! http://instagram.com/p/yeenetL6g4/?modal=true

Shiny Treecko folks! 5731 SRs and I HAVE IT! I freaked out so hard. It came across my screen and I was just dead for a minute. Then complete spazz attack!! :D My Badge Quest can finally start!

And as for the CH for February(my Birthmonth) I agree with the Chinese Zodiac one. Except all Dragon pokemon MUST be Dragon Pokemon PERMANENTLY at some point in their line. Which mean NO CHARMANDERLINE! Cause It's only a dragon with Mega. Which it can't stay permanently. Besides that I am fine with it. But that's my opinion and I know I'll catch flak for it but idc. Charline is OR and not that awesome. BLASTOISE FOR LIFE SUCKAS! :DDDD

Congrats to all who have seen the Shine and to those still searching I hope you see the Shine soon! :D

crashandcortex

Crash'm, Bash'm
I apologize if this is a brief one-liner or anything - I haven;t hunted since I got my shiny Beldum back in December! Smash Bros. has utterly consumed me, let's just say that! Congratulations to any and all shinies you've obtained - that Regice is absolutely beautiful Shine, and I know that my good buddies Storm_Dragoon, Arylide, TheMaster327 & AquaRegisteel have also found some beautiful sparkles of their own as well!! Best of luck to all incoming hunts, and keep 'em coming! You're all certainly doing better than me, that's for sure! ;)

As for February's CH... if I'll be frank I actually like Master's the best, since there's so much variety within the hunt! Here it is if anybody needs to know it:

I was thinking maybe a CH for Pokémon with National Dex numbers that are multiples of 28 (days in February), including the evolution lines.

#28 - Sandslash (Sandshrew)
#56 - Mankey (Primeape)
#84 - Doduo (Dodrio)
#112 - Rhydon (Rhyhorn, Rhyperior)
#140 - Kabuto (Kabutops)
#168 - Ariados (Spinerak)
#196 - Espeon (Eevee, Vaporeon, Jolteon, Flareon, Umbreon, Leafeon, Glaceon, Sylveon)
#224 - Octillery (Remoraid)
#252 - Treecko (Grovyle, Sceptile)
#280 - Ralts (Kirlia, Gardevoir, Gallade)
#308 - Medicham (Meditite)
#336 - Seviper
#364 - Sealeo (Spheal, Walrein)
#392 - Infernape (Chimchar, Monferno)
#420 - Cherubi (Cherrim)
#448 - Lucario (Riolu)
#476 - Probopass (Nosepass)
#504 - Patrat (Watchog)
#532 - Timburr (Gurdurr, Conkeldurr)
#560 - Scrafty (Scraggy)
#588 - Karrablast (Escavalier)
#616 - Shelmet (Accelgor)
#644 - Zekrom
#672 - Skiddo (Gogoat)
#700 - Sylveon (Eevee and Eeveelutions already included)

Quite a variety there, wouldn't you say?

Twilit Dragoon

*omnious thunderstorm*
I was thinking maybe a CH for Pokémon with National Dex numbers that are multiples of 28 (days in February), including the evolution lines.

#28 - Sandslash (Sandshrew)
#56 - Mankey (Primeape)
#84 - Doduo (Dodrio)
#112 - Rhydon (Rhyhorn, Rhyperior)
#140 - Kabuto (Kabutops)
#168 - Ariados (Spinerak)
#196 - Espeon (Eevee, Vaporeon, Jolteon, Flareon, Umbreon, Leafeon, Glaceon, Sylveon)
#224 - Octillery (Remoraid)
#252 - Treecko (Grovyle, Sceptile)
#280 - Ralts (Kirlia, Gardevoir, Gallade)
#308 - Medicham (Meditite)
#336 - Seviper
#364 - Sealeo (Spheal, Walrein)
#392 - Infernape (Chimchar, Monferno)
#420 - Cherubi (Cherrim)
#448 - Lucario (Riolu)
#476 - Probopass (Nosepass)
#504 - Patrat (Watchog)
#532 - Timburr (Gurdurr, Conkeldurr)
#560 - Scrafty (Scraggy)
#588 - Karrablast (Escavalier)
#616 - Shelmet (Accelgor)
#644 - Zekrom
#672 - Skiddo (Gogoat)
#700 - Sylveon (Eevee and Eeveelutions already included)

Quite a variety there, wouldn't you say?

If we are picking things for next months Community Hunt, I like this one. There are a nice variety of Pokemon here, and the idea around it is pretty cool. Twenty-eight days in the month of February and going by multiples of 28 is really interesting :).

I'd like to see a different CH rather than use the same one from last year. While the Zodiac one is nice and all, there are quite a few Pokemon on that list that don't even match the animal on the Zodiac. From what I see on the list Cpchris posted that we used last year:

Girafarig is a giraffe, Numel/Camerupt are camels, Deerling/Sawsbuck are deer, Ho-oh is a phoenix and those are just a few examples.
~

Anyways I've decided to actually hunt in 3rd gen for a while. I beat the 3rd gym in my Japanese LeafGreen and I am currently SRing for a shiny Abra. I got to the Game Corner yesterday evening and ended up playing the slots until I got max coins. I only managed to get 1 SR last night, as my wrists were getting bad, so there's a lot of stuff to do today.

Hopefully I'll get a shiny Abra in one of the batches, as this LeafGreen file was pretty darn lucky when I first started it :p. Bulbasaur took 2 SRs, Mankey took 26 REs, Spearow took ~2000 REs. Hope this trend keeps up even though I haven't played it in ages :p.

TheGreaterLucario

Well, I FINALLY got it! After many hours of PokeRadar chaining in Y, and several DexNav chain attempts in OmegaRuby, I FINALLY found my Shiny Zorua (Now Zoroark)!

On a slightly different note, the reveal of the alternate color for Suicune in Poken Tournament reminded me of an idea I once had regarding Shiny Pokemon- alternate Shiny color palattes.

TheMaster327

Guys, if you pick the Zodiac hunt, you'll only squabble over what's included and what shouldn't be there. If you pick my idea, you'll be getting a wide variety of targets (25 different lines), and no arguments over what's included! Hopefully you will be sensible enough to go for the right CH.

6,461 Cresselia and counting for me, it seems my game knows I have one elsewhere...

Except February can sometimes have 29 days.... :p

Not this February...

Last edited:

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
Guys, if you pick the Zodiac hunt, you'll only squabble over what's included and what shouldn't be there. If you pick my idea, you'll be getting a wide variety of targets (25 different lines), and no arguments over what's included! Hopefully you will be sensible enough to go for the right CH.

6,461 Cresselia and counting for me, it seems my game knows I have one elsewhere...

Except February can sometimes have 29 days.... :p

2rsa

Shiny Hunter
Congratz to Zero1999 on Gastly, HM02gon on Skarmory, JohnMango95 on Relicanth, Archsage on Skerlep (Good luck finding Shellder next time) Twilit Dragoon on Ho-Oh, taufik386 on Thundurus, Auraninja on Cubchoo, Pokepro1992 on Deoxys, Shine on Regice, wobbanut on Electrike, Cyberra on Horsea, Blastonite on Treecko and TheGreaterLucario on Zorua and anyone else I might have missed! ^^

Thanks to umbreonfan3636, Razorbadger, Twilit Dragoon, Supremacy and Cpchris for congratulating me of Treecko. ^w^

I'm very excited for the Zodiac CH. I'm born in february so first I'll go after Ponyta since according to my birth date that's what my Zodiac animal is. I actually used to have a shiny Ponyta. I chained it on Platinum. I'll be more that happy to reclaim it. ^^

Anyways. After Treecko I decided to play my OR with a shiny team. I decided to use Steven's gift Beldum too, Since otherwise it'll sit and catch dust in my box. I'm planning to get a shiny Pooch via Dexnav, and then I'll get ready to SR the story Latios. ^^

Good luck on your hunts guys!! ^^

_Edu

Shiny Hunter
Ok, I'm done with my Latios hunt... it was so fast that I didn't had time to react, I was literally going to do a couple RAs more and then go to sleep when that mint green Latios popped up.

I didn't keep track of the RAs but I know it was less than a 1,000 and almost positive it was around 500 RAs.

Synchronizer didn't work (Timid) but at least it ended up with a decent nature (Rash).

IV spread: 8/31/5/31/31/31. Can't complain. :D (I would've preferred that perfect Attack IV somewhere else haha)

But maybe when I decide to start a new file, I'll hunt for that Timid shiny Latios, it won't be soon though.

Look at this beauty!!!

20150130_005842.jpg

Lugia, you're next!

Congrats on your shinies and good luck on your current hunts, guys! :)

Anyways. After Treecko I decided to play my OR with a shiny team. I decided to use Steven's gift Beldum too, Since otherwise it'll sit and catch dust in my box.

Same here, although I use it for my hunts, Hold Back comes in handy haha. Congrats on your Treecko btw!

Hi folks it's been a while been hunting for multiple targets (and getting multiple un catch able pooches as a result) but now that exams are over I decided to get back into hunting and got myself a live shiny Deoxys in my leaf green while in a skype call :D

I'm so jealous! Seriously, congrats! I'm dying for a shiny Deoxys and I never had access to event Pokémon until the games started using WiFi, so it's impossible for me to get one unless it's traded. </3

UPDATE: OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I caught shiny Lugia with full health, only spamming luxury balls (it wasn't even a critical capture), I'm sure it appeared around 100 SRs... and Sychronizer worked (Bold)!!! I still can't believe it!

IV spread: 14/31/31/24/24/31 :D

The battle took 9 turns btw...

I'll post a pic later and sorry for the long post.

Last edited:

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
Master raises a fair point (though I won't sound as self-promoting as such, however).

If you want to go ahead with the Zodiac hunt, you're asking for a debate on what counts as what animal. It's already got technical (the Miltank thing or whatever Pokemon it was), and it might just be worse off. In the end, someone will be annoyed that they didn't get a certain Pokémon to be in the CH. With both of the others, there is no room for any debate for anything to be changed or added. Somewhat whiny comments like "oh but I wanted [] to be in the CH!" don't help really.

To be honest, a Zodiac hunt will be thrown up every darn year. It shouldn't be the same sort of thing each year as it needs to be mixed up a lot too, y'know?

Rio!

Composer
Ok, I'm done with my Latios hunt, I still can't believe it... it was so fast that I didn't had time to react, I was literally going to do a couple RAs more and then go to sleep when that mint green Latios popped up.

I didn't keep track of the RAs but I know it was less than a 1,000 and almost positive it was around 500 RAs.

Synchronizer didn't work (Timid) but at least it ended up with a decent nature (Rash).

Congrats to you on your Latios! After I do a bit of levelling up, I plan on going for a shiny Eon Ticket Latias as well.
It's also funny you say that too about using Synchronize and ending up with Rash; I just caught a shiny Reshiram earlier with a Timid Synchronizer as well. xD

Was about to call it quite for the time being when I heard it before I saw it. XD

I was SRing for about2 hours straight, and that was after working on it last night for about an hour too.

Symphony

Seasons, they turn..
Looks like Lady Luck shined down on me today!

So, I finally beat the Elite Four for the second time and got to choose a Unova Starter. Since I already had all three Unova Starters from my adventures in the past, I just went with my favorite, Snivy.

I went to check it out in the box and there it was, SHINY! No soft resets or MMing for it! I'm so happy to train him up into a blue Serperior! :D

ohjeezitskim

I don't see how this is a problem at all?? There are only certain dog, pig, ox, horse ect. pokemon.. You can't argue if Aipom is a monkey or not because its a monkey.I really don't see your point of view here - it's not hard to tell whether if a miltank is a cow or an ox. I don't agree Miltank should be an ox since it is noticeably a cow. The list from last year had questionable pokemon because it included in the Tiger section; cat pokemon - which aren't 'tigers.' It just kinda sounds like favoritism over your idea to be honest. The list that was originally made didn't have questionable ones although was missing Aipom as a monkey, who clearly is a monkey. This one is sticking to ones that are clearly that animal and not in the same family (cats, tigers, lions.) I seen someone mention Slakoth for the monkey line and he is a sloth so he would not count.

The only problem I agree with, if that it was used as last year's February hunt then yeah it seems kinda redundant. But usually people squabble over if a pokemon belongs to the category or not so it's not something unusual.

Ok, I'm done with my Latios hunt, I still can't believe it... it was so fast that I didn't had time to react, I was literally going to do a couple RAs more and then go to sleep when that mint green Latios popped up.

</3

Ahh that is so awesome major congrats to you on that shiny :3! That is among my favorite shinies well shiny Latias would have to be my all time favourite.

The shinies I have caught over the years.

*Ponta - Caught on my SS verison way back in 2011 which was a random encounter.
*Horsea - Pokemon X chain fishing
*Mankey - Random encounter leaf green version
*Electrode - GTS trade
*Sandslash - GTS trade
*Azumarril - Trade
*Rayquaza - Trade

I believe that is it for me.

ChaoticInverse

<--31,000 incounting
...well I definitely didn't expect to be back anytime soon.

Latios is frustrating me (and the long srs hurt my hands) so i thought i'd work on Soul silver so i can get to the point to sr for groudon . A while ago I decided I wanted to get a female gentle natured totodile named catelyn (after the game of thrones character). Since I was starting over I decided to pick up that hunt. ironically enough 13 srs later i now have a shiny gentled natured male totodile named Cullen. I think this is my first random shiny in a while and i'm always thrilled about having more shiny johto starters.

if we're still voting for the community hunt then I vote for the multiples of 28 idea which i thought was very creative . The zodiac hunt has a wide variety but i'm pretty sure we've done it before and that's no fun.

congrats on all the new shinies and good luck!