• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

ShiningKnightXY

<----Newest Shiny
Just got a modest sync'd shiny Magnemite off of route 110 with about 100 horde encounters. It will now become a strong eviolite magneton.

Blastonite

Dream Crusher
So after 300 eggs after picking back up my Aftermath Voltorb hunt I finally got it. And with perf IVs too. YAY
About 1500-2k eggs total with 2 spares total also. So I am happy to finally have it. Now I will go onto making my Perf Lil Hunter :p

Dream Ball Smeargle is next. My intended moveset is Super Fang. Spore. Soak and Taunt. Super Fang will be the only tough one to go after. The other 3 I can get from a Smeargle SSB :)

http://instagram.com/p/yqlc8er6mV/?modal=true

Congrats to all who have seen the Shine and to those still searching I hope you see the Shine soon :p

Alfred Jones

Cryptic thoughts
Ho-oh has decided to shine!!!!! I need to catch it https://40.media.tumblr.com/5106a3b11caf7c8e9e39e795365004e9/tumblr_nj8f30Dp4K1tmawyuo1_540.jpg
Edit: Captured it, nice and neutral Docile nature https://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hph...=89b92a53feb519c115fa1936ef71226e&oe=556CD5DC
Edit 2: I went as a joke to soft reset for Raikou https://40.media.tumblr.com/e59731478064c6bcdf9ecac1c63ca394/tumblr_nj8h07NbSK1tmawyuo1_540.jpg 5 resets
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd...._=1431134117_304a953bca64f547fcefbb2d6c8d8909 4 perfect IVs with Sp. Def at 27 and Speed at 29 it's nearly a perfect 6iv

Last edited:

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
Well, I hunted for some time on my birthday, and I continued some more for the next day.
I did not encounter any shinies. Aww....
Oh well. I will find them eventually :).

I am nearly done with my Omega Ruby playthrough, and I have been SR'ing for a shiny Terrakion on my Alpha Sapphire.
Come on shinies!

Also, happy belated birthday, oarfish!

Thank you!

maldoror

I would really recommend not using any moves unless they’re only capable of doing a set amount of damage. False Swipe, Hold Back, Super Fang (this can eventually KO a pokemon, but only after it’s been at a sliver of health for one or two hits), Endeavor, even something like Dragon Rage (which will only do 40 damage). It’s just not worth the risk to use other moves and think “I probably won’t hit a crit” or “This probably won’t kill it”. “Probably” while trying to weaken a shiny isn’t a good combo. Haven’t we even seen people who forgot a move was supereffective against their target, too? I’m pretty sure I’ve read that before on here, so even if your pokemon is underlevelled enough that a crit won’t KO it, be 150% positive it’s not going to be supereffective and crit.

It’s so easily avoidable it just seems pointless to risk it =\ Even if you have to go in with a fast pokemon at 1 HP with Endeavor to make sure you don’t waste multiple turns with False Swipe/Super Fang, it seems more worthwhile than losing it :(

Yeah, I know. I ran through a few trial runs before starting to SR and my strategy worked then. I relied too heavily on Regirock's insane defense and it cost me.

DJX

Shiny hunter
Omg Omg after around 2000 eggs countless hours, insanity my shiny noibat hatched I just shouted finally and proceeded to look up and let out a sigh of relief, this masuda method was horribly long and made me question myself but so worth it itsna incredible shiny with awesome colours.

Its outstanding 5iv timid@frisk but not 31 in speed,, owell I'm glad its over off to EV train it and evolve will be aiming for CH next.

Sg0

Pokemon Veteran
Today my mirage island was Crescent Isle, and I thought I would try to SR for a shiny Cresselia since my girlfriend had one which was unfortunately Lonely nature and not Bold.
So I grabbed my bold sync and my 'lucky' shiny Dedenne who I've named Cadbury, and Cres shone after about 3 hours-ish of soft resets!
What makes this even more special is that it's not JUST Bold nature as I hoped, it's IV spread is near enough perfect, with 31/7-8/31/31/28/30
I could not be happier with this, and only my second deliberate shiny hunt of 2015 too! :D
I'll definitely be letting my girlfriend borrow this shiny for competitive if she wants to.

Swatski9

Accidentily hatched a shiny Charmander. Modest Nature, 31/?/31/31/?/31 while trying to hatch a max IV charmander. No complaints here.

Ampharos_Spark

Gen 6 = <3
Congrats to EHAN, starrybluecat, taufik386, Steelcry, maskofsanity1998, Crimson Penguin, dark1raven3, Tsukuyomi56, Cyberra, Echo Nacyl, Manakete-Girl, ChaoticInverse, Nack Firestorm, CharlieDoryRose, Claus351, Archsage, Sito, Shinyoracle, ThisIsPatrick, _Edu, Shine, Raicario, Zero1999, 2rsa, HM02gon, JohnMango95, Artikia, Twilit Dragoon, Auraninja, Pokepro1992, wobbanut, Blastonite, TheGreaterLucario, Rio!, Symphony, Cpchris, Paraqua, Prince Umbreon, Missingno. Master, KittyKitty3308, MurderofKrow, maldoror, Demonslayer492, ShiningKnightXY, Alfred Jones, DJX, Sg0, Swatski9, Meowth City and xKatie0391.

So now that Adopt A Bird Month is over at my local animal shelter, I can fully focus on my SoulSilver Badge Quest again! So I was SRing for my 11th BQ shiny/3rd Kanto BQ shiny while making some Dachshund earrings for someone and SRing for Cresselia in Alpha Sapphire since Crescent Island appeared on my game yesterday. On my 5041st SR look what was waiting in my party...
[IMG139]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y152/DarkSuicune/100-IMGA0834_zps48597bca.jpg[/IMG139]
an adorable shiny Eevee at the Celedon City game corner! I had seen 25205 of the little buggers before finding this little guy and at one point I accidentally saved after getting five normal Eevees so I had to spend a week getting coins from Voltorb Flip again. But now I have my shiny Eevee! His IVs are 5/24/15/9/11/1 and more pictures: OT/ID, Full DS Shot, Overworld, Sparkles, Video.
I'm not if/what I'm going to evolve it into. If I do evolve it it will probably be Flareon because of it's IVs. Good luck to everyone especially those with stubborn targets!

Last edited:

Cpchris

Shiny Hunter
Congrats to Blastonite on Voltorb, Alfred Jones on Ho-Oh and Raikou, DJX on Noibat, Sg0 on Cresselia, Swatski9 on Charmander, Ampharos_Spark on Eevee, and everyone else on your shinies!

-----------

Yeah, I know. I ran through a few trial runs before starting to SR and my strategy worked then. I relied too heavily on Regirock's insane defense and it cost me.

You’re not the only one though (and my comment is for basically anyone who uses regular moves to damage shinies, not just you); the frequency of seeing people crit-KOing shinies in this thread has just been surprising (I feel like I’ve seen people say it more since ORAS released), and it sucks seeing people lose their shinies :\

-----------

Well, for the hell of it, I decided to check the sum of my REs on my spreadsheet for my black 2 games, just to make sure the numbers corresponded and since I no longer have to add up the numbers myself…And the spreadsheet said there were 100 more REs than there actually are logged on my game. Luckily the discrepancy only went as far back as my first Axew, which I then checked my physical paper sheets (since I record daily how many I do) and found that one day, I did 200 REs but added 300 onto the total REs for that hunt. So it was 7,669 REs, not 7,769 REs. Not a huge deal, but still glad I caught it :p Luckily I checked the same date for my other hunts and I did the math right for the other two.

I did a whopping 700 Res today. 19,600 REs on Platinum, 1,600 REs on Black 2, and 16,400 HBs on HeartGold. So HG is now 2x over odds as well! I hope I end up with some extra luck after these hunts :x

Good luck, everyone (especially markasdarkas, RaichuArcanine, pokemaster13, Tina, jrmftw, Lorde, Keane, Shy, Ruru_star, CosmicSparkles, Razorbadger, Supremacy, TheMaster327, and Lunafloon)!

2rsa

Shiny Hunter
Congratz to _Edu on Latios & Lugia, Symphony on Snivy, ChaoticInverse on Totodile, Cpchris on Axew, Paraqua on Ponyta & Shroomish & Joltik & Sewaddle & Machop, Claus351 on Zorua & Minun, Prince Umbreon on Ho-Oh & Suicune, Missingno. Master on Taillow & Oddish & Wingull & Feebas & Whismur & Wailmer & Ditto, Growlie19 on Numel, KittyKitty3308 on Uxie, Cyberra on Zebstrika, fairy prince on Buneary, Twilit Dragoon on Abra & Sandshrew, MurderofKrow on Pawniard & Wooper #1 & #2 & Hoppip & Pidgey & Wailmer & Wurmple & Honedge, maldoror on Regirock, Demonslayer492 on all those legends, ShiningKnightXY on Magnemite, Blastonite on Voltorb, Alfred Jones on Ho-Oh, DJX on Noibat, Sg0 on Cresselia, Swatski9 on Charmander, Ampharos_Spark on Eevee and anyone else I might have missed! ^^

I'm still working on getting a shiny Pooch via Dexnav. I know, I know. It shouldn't take so long, But since I have not enough Pokemon on my OR I can only get the chain to 90-100 and then I have to restart. I would have traded a few Pokemons from my X or AS, But unfortunately my internet is crazy. All my electronic devises connect to the internet except my 3DS. -_-

On the other note, I've caught two shiny Drowzees while looking for a shiny Espurr in a psychic safari. For now I'd like to take it easy and continue to look for a shiny Espurr in FSs.

I haven't planned a hunt for this months CH yet, Cause I'm too lazy too look up which Pokemons have the right numbers! XD
I'll pick one after I get my Espurr. ^^

Good luck everyone! n_n

Meowth City

Staff member
After finishing Omega Ruby, I decided to try and SR for a shiny starter from Prof. Birch. I went for Chikorita and, after two weeks, I got it :3

[img300]http://i.imgur.com/t6Ls8Ke.jpg[/img300]

maldoror

Congrats to all on your recent shinies and good luck on your ongoing hunts!

Yesterday, I took a break from SRing Regice and did some Mirage Island hunting. I was hunting on an island with Purugly and Porygon; hoping for Purugly. Instead a blue Porygon appeared! My first ever shiny was a Porygon that I "accidentally" MMed. I was breeding for a competitive Porygon-z using a Japanese Ditto and one hatched blue. I think this new one will stay a Porygon2 once I get around to training it.

Back to Regice I go.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
First off, congrats to Alfred Jones, Sg0, and others on their newest Shinies. Today I did around 65 or so horde encounters for my Shiny Plusle hunt and I also did almost 70 more soft resets for my Shiny Reshiram hunt in Omega Ruby last night. I'll resume my Shiny Rayquaza hunt tomorrow.

xKatie0391

I just got my first Masuda hatched shiny! A Skitty :'D My favourite pokemon!
[IMG139]http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd38/X_ShinyGallade_X/Pokemon%20stuff/DSCF0144_zpsd2723b21.jpg[/IMG139]

I wasn't specifically trying for a shiny, was just breeding for IVs using my foreign Piplup. She even has her HA! This breaks my long shiny drought beautifully!
[IMG139]http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd38/X_ShinyGallade_X/Pokemon%20stuff/DSCF0146_zpseb8a0e52.jpg[/IMG139]
[IMG139]http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd38/X_ShinyGallade_X/Pokemon%20stuff/DSCF0150_zps265f6181.jpg[/IMG139]
[IMG139]http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd38/X_ShinyGallade_X/Pokemon%20stuff/DSCF0151_zpsffbbfe3b.jpg[/IMG139]
[IMG139]http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd38/X_ShinyGallade_X/Pokemon%20stuff/DSCF0152_zps2ec889ff.jpg[/IMG139]

Congrats to all recent shinies, and good luck to everyone still hunting :)

EHAN

Shiny Hunter
First of all, blanket congrats to everyone on their shinies!

I come bearing great news. And it's about time too. I finally got my shiny Minun. After a DexNav chain of 464.

I feel like there's a point where you hunt for so long where you just wanna get your shiny and move on. I was thankful to have gotten it, but at the same time I was just glad to finally move on to other things.

But this is my 70th shiny as of now, and my first of February. I don't know what I'll be hunting next, I'll probably just be starting my run of Alpha Sapphire now. Hopefully I'll be back soon, but who knows.

Video

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
CH completion list updated.

Dream Ball Smeargle is next. My intended moveset is Super Fang. Spore. Soak and Taunt. Super Fang will be the only tough one to go after. The other 3 I can get from a Smeargle SSB :)

heh, that's exactly the same moveset I have, except mine has Hold Back instead of Super Fang :p

Edit: Almost completely forgot, but does anybody know a good nature for HA Emboar and HA Serperior, since I have gotten both of them and I want to try for shiny ones.

Emboar: Adamant/Brave

Serperior: Timid

Anyway

Kyurem shined after 5 (five) days of SR-ing, which is exactly the same time frame as my Shiny Kyurem back then in Black 2!! :D

The hour is also close, my B2 Shiny Kyurem shows up at around 10 PM, while this one shows up at around 11 PM.

[img139]http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll201/Aura_Sphere/kyurem1_zps435dcd3b.jpg[/img139]
[img139]http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll201/Aura_Sphere/kyurem2_zps31adc998.jpg[/img139]
[img139]http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll201/Aura_Sphere/kyurem3_zpsb02f1e27.jpg[/img139]

Hasty sync worked and its 31 IVs are in HP, Attack, and Special Attack. Which means it is great for a mixed set. Now my B2 Shiny Kyurem has a twin :p

And yes, it's in a Nest Ball because it refused to stay in a Luxury/Premier/Dive Ball, and the green actually looks interesting when paired with the icy dark blue Kyurem.

Next target: Ho-Oh, and hopefully I can capture it before it used all 20 of its PP, otherwise once it reached its 19th PP I'll Master Ball it.

Cpchris

Shiny Hunter
Congrats to Meowth City on Chikorita, maldoror on Porygon, xKatie0391 on Skitty, Shine on Kyurem, and everyone else on your shinies!

Thanks for the congrats, 2rsa :)

-----------

600 REs today, surprisingly. 20,200 REs on Platinum, 2,200 REs on Black 2, and 17,000 HBs on HeartGold.

The good news with my HeartGold hunt at least is that no matter what shines next, even if it’s just a Spearow, it’ll be something I can make use of since I can still use another Aipom for Ambipom or Spearow to leave unevolved (though a Spearow will still be a bit of a let-down…). Unlike Platinum which is terrifying me with the huge risk of a 4th Machoke >.<

I’m working a double tomorrow, and there’s a good chance I’ll hang out/go out afterwards, but I might be able to do a bit before work and maybe between shifts…

Good luck, everyone (especially markasdarkas, RaichuArcanine, pokemaster13, Tina, jrmftw, Lorde, Keane, Shy, Ruru_star, CosmicSparkles, Razorbadger, Supremacy, TheMaster327, and Lunafloon)!