• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Prince Umbreon

Starfish and Coffee
I'm thinking about hunting for the fossil pokemon. Between breeding and reviving fossils which do you guys think works the best?

I'm reviving a dozen at a time for my Kabuto hunt. Instead of heading back to the center to see if I got it in my box I just look in the Pokedex to check the forms for any shininess. I was debating on trying to MM it for a boosted chance, but once you think about how long it still takes the lay and hatch each egg, I think my method is probably faster.

On that note, Kabuto is up to almost 3000 SRs now. Little bugger. I'm holding off Zangoose and Eevee for now, but seeing how I just got a Lv100 Pokemon in a trade recently (yeah, I haven't leveled myself to 100 yet. Judge me!) I'm kind of wanting to try for a shiny Reshiram. Of course, that probably won't start for a while because you know... Majora's Mask just came out and all...

Congrats on any recent catches, and good luck to anyone on lengthy hunts!

Phillies

I'm reviving a dozen at a time for my Kabuto hunt. Instead of heading back to the center to see if I got it in my box I just look in the Pokedex to check the forms for any shininess. I was debating on trying to MM it for a boosted chance, but once you think about how long it still takes the lay and hatch each egg, I think my method is probably faster.

On that note, Kabuto is up to almost 3000 SRs now. Little bugger. I'm holding off Zangoose and Eevee for now, but seeing how I just got a Lv100 Pokemon in a trade recently (yeah, I haven't leveled myself to 100 yet. Judge me!) I'm kind of wanting to try for a shiny Reshiram. Of course, that probably won't start for a while because you know... Majora's Mask just came out and all...

Congrats on any recent catches, and good luck to anyone on lengthy hunts!

Ok. Thanks. Good luck with Kabuto.

Last edited:

RaichuArcanine

Hunting Sparkles
[img139]http://i1063.photobucket.com/albums/t507/RaichuUploader/Shiny%20Pokemon/IMG_6860_zps870203c5.jpg[/img139]...If I'm dreaming, please don't wake me up! Ok so just like with the Riolu, I was clearing box space by hatching these MM eggs. I expected nothing of course, but on egg #209 I saw the ed tail and I squealed! Shiny Treecko, just like Shiny Riolu, is one of those shinies I've wanted for a while! I actually stopped my OR BQ because I wanted to play the game and also something told me to not hunt Treecko on there! I've decided my second Shiny Riolu who I shall name Jackal, will go to my loving boyfriend :). Not only if this Treecko shiny, it is also Timid, has a Mischievous Characteristic, and the egg moves of Dragonbreath and Leaf Storm :D. And flawless Sp.A! I can't believe this luck, that egg has been sitting in my box since August! Best of luck to all, congrats and here's hoping Chimchar and Deino follow suit! More piccies:

Here's hoping this streak lasts!
oh and COMMUNITY HUNT COMPLETE!
~RaichuArcanine~

Last edited:

Cpchris

Shiny Hunter
Congrats to RaichuArcanine on both Riolu, Blastonite on Mankey, Cyberra on Cresselia, Paraqua on Cresselia, Phillies on Onix, RaichuArcanine on Treecko, and everyone else on your shinies!

Sorry about your trouble, KittyKitty3308 :(

Happy birthday, Blastonite :)

-----------

Well, after 1,682 REs, I found my 4th shiny Machoke. I was looking right as it appeared, and it was neat to see a shiny, but also a little disappointing that it had to be Machoke…At least it was quick!

[IMG200]http://i.imgur.com/5nOnyeh.jpg[/IMG200]

This one is male, Hardy, Likes to run, Guts ability. IVs are: 24 – 30 – 16 – 6 – 3 – 30. Nothing else to say about this, I guess, just on to Phase 7!

I did do 400 REs today (and yesterday), so I'm at 200 REs on Platinum, 4,900 REs on Black 2, and 19,700 HBs on HeartGold.

Good luck, everyone (especially markasdarkas, RaichuArcanine, pokemaster13, Tina, jrmftw, Lorde, Keane, Shy, Ruru_star, CosmicSparkles, Razorbadger, Supremacy, and Lunafloon)!

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
FINALLY I can update the CH completion list :p

Didn't have time to even go online last week.......

Anyway, still nothing from me. Ho-Oh is becoming Latias 2.0 with its hunt reaching 11 days now (Latias took me 2 weeks, or 14 days).

Hopefully the bird can shine soon.......after that, the only ones left are Regirock, Registeel, the trios (sword, pixie, and beast trio), and the soaring legends (the two Kami and the two Creation).

Supremacy

Shiny Hunter
Omggg! Finally, after over a month, my drought ends!

After ~16.3k REs I finally get a shiny... and of course it had to be Zubat lol! This is so bitter sweet. I mean, I'm happy I can finally move on but I already have the whole Zubat line shiny, oh well. Looks like shiny Makuhita escapes me once more =[ I'll get it one day. Anyways, this Zubat is female and has a bold nature which is pretty bad but this is in-game so it doesn't really matter that much. I just defeated Brawly no too long ago and now I'm seeing where I can hunt next, I'll update my sig when I decide. Thanks to everyone who wished me luck, it really helped. :]

Gratz on the recent shinies, especially Cyberra on Cresselia and Cpchris on Machoke! Good luck everyone!

DJX

Shiny hunter
Congrats on all shinys guys and good luck on future hunts!

So last night I got a modest shiny wingull in a horde
Today I've caught a shiny ariados and spheal in hordes on my as

Inlay is at 400 eggs

Edit: after 3hours I've gotna shiny numel As has been kind to me but defiantly taking a break from hordes.

Last edited:

Spacial

procrastination
1oExLncl.jpg

This little fella took me 20 eggs! He's named Thoron and is in a Moon Ball, with 31/31/31/31/X/31 IVs and 4EMs. No HA but Intimidate. Very happy and surprised that it only took 20 eggs! I've collected 15 boxes worth (450 eggs) xD

Congrats CharlieDoryRose, Phillies, RaichuArcanine, Cpchris, Supremacy and DJX on their shinies and good luck to everyone else with their hunts

Sg0

Pokemon Veteran
After a few days of SRing, I got a shiny Lugia this afternoon! I even managed to get it in a Luxury Ball with only 3 turns left before it started struggling. Stupidly enough I accidentally used Worry Seed on it instead of Spore (I don't even know why that's on my catching-things Breloom) but I managed it all the same.
It's Impish, meaning my Bold sync failed, but that's ok, without Multiscale I wasn't really planning on using it competitively anyway.
Hurray though, my 3rd shiny legendary of ORAS!

Echo Nacyl

Welp, that just happened. I put a Vivillon and a 6v Ditto in Daycare to start IVing/Naturing the Scatterbug parent for MM breeding...and the VERY FIRST EGG thought it would be funny to shine instead.
(This happened to me months ago with a Tirtouga as well, I just wasn't a part of this thread yet to talk about it. First egg and everything)
Still going to set up parents for my target Scatterbug, but this one can stay a Scatterbug or Spewpa for my collection.
The shiny I just got is Naive, 31s in HP, Atk, and Spe

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Yesterday I hatched another 50 eggs for my Shiny Magby MM hunt, which was more than I usually hatch. I also did like 65 soft resets for my Shiny Reshiram hunt in Omega Ruby last night and 55 soft resets for my Shiny Rayquaza hunt in Ruby this morning. Congratulations to others on the new Shinies by the way.

HGaddict

<--- Newest Shiny
How is everyone doing? It has been quite some time (again) since I stepped foot into this forum. I decided it was about time to step on in and say hello!

First of all, congratulations on all of the shinies that have been acquired since my last post here! I commend your hard work.

Next, for an update on my progress, not much has been made. Between school, preparing my application for Stanford University (I was deferred! I'm anxiously awaiting a final decision at the end of March), work, and the recent remakes, I haven't had a lot of time to hunt. Since I am in my final year of high school, though, school is starting to slow down a lot sooner this year. That means I'm going to begin shiny hunting again! My primary focus will be my Soul Silver and Ruby BQ's. I'm hoping to finish at least one of them off this year, but we'll see how it goes. Luck hasn't always been on my side. Unfortunately, my Leaf Green game that contained a few shinies from my first BQ is still nowhere to be found, so that will probably be the next BQ I will tackle after these two.

A comment on the new remakes:
Wow, these game have got almost everything right. As Ruby was the game that got me into the series, the remakes gave me some serious nostalgia. I'd dare say that they are even better than Soul Silver and Heart Gold (Which is saying a lot coming from me.
) Hope you all enjoyed them as much as I did.

Anyway, I'll see you guys around, and wish my luck on my hunts! I'm hoping they won't take me as long as some hunts have in the past.

Phillies

Tonight I decided to try the MM looking for a shiny Tyrunt. After 164 eggs I got one. One of the shortest hunts I've ever had and I still have 65 of those eggs left to hatch.

Last edited:

chimcharizardx

Long time stalker; first time poster. Hopefully I'm doing this right!

First, congrats to everyone on their new shinies! I know how difficult they are to find but the result is worth the work!

My shiny hunts of the weekend include: Marill and Eevee. After around 3 failed chains of around 60 each, I was finally able to find my green Marill at a dexnav chain of just 24! I was so shocked I wasn't even expecting it. It has huge power which is okay, but I wanted sap sipper. Still debating whether or not to evolve it into a golden egg w/ ears or not XD. Next, I was on rt. 116 to capture some female Eevees for GTS trading (working toward my nat. dex for shiny charm!) and so I dexnavved Eevee and they were all male ): so I left the route and came back and started looking again, and by force of habit I found myself to be chaining XD. So I'm at chain #2 and I figure I might as well continue, so I move to the center of the route and search for Eevee, sneak up on it, and find a white bunny with sparkles! I almost fell out of my chair. CHAIN OF 3 THO. and no shiny charm!! after a long shiny drought I'm glad to finally get a few shinies.

Too bad I already caught most of the legendaries non-shiny, I just didn't feel like SRing. Now I feel like there's almost no point in getting the shiny charm but oh well ):

Anyway, good luck on all your shiny hunts

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Congratulations on the latest shinies!

Meeeh... I kinda didn't like the idea of getting a shiny Snivy after all. It's not really tempting anymore. I hatched my 150 collected eggs and started a new hunt on X instead; I'm currently using the Repel Trick on Route 14 to get a shiny Goomy!

As for Buneary, I collected and hatched 30 eggs as a test to see if truly the Masuda Method was in effect. According to Bulbapedia, the Everstone's effect on the nature should not work when the Masuda Method is applied (in the fourth generation games only). Out of the 30 eggs, only one offspring had the Bashful nature of the parent I attached the Everstone to, so I'd say I'm secured! It's always cool to know! Now at 1380 eggs hatched.

Good luck everyone!

Last edited:

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Shiny chimchar (sorry RaichuArcanine) after 955 eggs! He's Jolly and has his HA, Iron Fist. He'll be trained in SPD and ATK. I'm quite pleased with him ^_^ That also means community hunt complete!

[img139]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Primus001/Shiny%20Pokemon/picture%20126_zpsu7dixtab.jpg[/img139]

Currently I'm shuffling egg moves around for my next MM project, shiny tentacool.

Kyurem is at 900 SRs.

And here is that shiny helioptile I found the other day...

[img139]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Primus001/Shiny%20Pokemon/picture%20118_zpsjg6fduxz.jpg[/img139]

Currently I'm in a dragon safari that has gabite, shelgon, and druddigon, and i'll be staying there till all three sparkle for me

Edit: Shiny druddigon at 483 REs. She's docile and mischievous, with Rough Skin. Got her in a nest ball because I could (and it matches her colors)

[img139]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Primus001/Shiny%20Pokemon/picture%20131_zpspvr1wdxm.jpg[/img139]

Last edited:

razor fire

Everlasting

Everything stays.
What is the Repel Trick?
I believe this isn't listed in the first post either,

The Repel Trick is a technique that a one can use to look for highest-level Pokémon in a specific area. You see, when you use the Repel, Pokémon that are levels lower than the level of the current leader of your party will not show up in encounters.
Let's suppose that there's a route that contains 50% of Rattata (level 2) and 50% of Pidgey (level 2-3). If you have a level 3 Pokémon lead in your party while using a repel, the repel will make sure that you do not encounter Pokémon that are lower than level 3. In this case, since all the Rattata have to be level 2, none of them can appear if your lead is level 3. However, some Pidgey can still be level 3, and thus appear under the effect of the repel with a level 3 lead. In this case, the only Pokémon that could potentially appear using the Repel would be Pidgey. It's useful for people who wish to get a shiny Pokémon specifically without the other one appearing and having a risk of phases. You can read more about the repel trick here. :)

Cpchris

Shiny Hunter
Congrats to Supremacy on Zubat, Ponymon on Shinx, Sg0 on Lugia, Echo Nacyl on Scatterbug, Phillies on Tyrunt, Cyberra on Chimchar, and everyone else on your shinies!

Thanks for the congrats, Supremacy and Ponymon :)

-----------

Here’s my exciting Machoke video. No, no, really, it’s exciting…No, it’s not, actually…

I did 300 REs yesterday and 800 REs today. That puts Platinum at 1,300 REs, Black 2 at 6,000 REs, and HeartGold at 20,800 HBs. Just 241 more HBs and this hunt will overtake my recent Meditite as 4th longest hunt. That didn’t take long :|

Good luck, everyone (especially markasdarkas, RaichuArcanine, pokemaster13, Tina, jrmftw, Lorde, Keane, Shy, Ruru_star, CosmicSparkles, Razorbadger, and Lunafloon)!

LilyValley

Useless Sceptile
I'm becoming more tired of hunting Groudon every day. It's been over 5 weeks, and the shiny refuses to appear. My A button on this system is failing to get resets done quickly, which means I'll have to get a new 3DS soon. I know things will turn out just fine, but I've had this Pikachu 3DS for nearly 2 years and it is a treasure to me. Limited edition, and it's worn already.

I want to stop and get things done on Omega Ruby, but I am at Crescent Isle. While switching hunts would be a relief, I just need a breather.