• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Sito

Shiny Breeder
Ok, so its been a month since I got my shiny Thundurus. After I got it it I was like, ok lets finish the pokemon in the sky, just missing Giratina and Landorus. After almost one month of trying(but not that much, have been very busy) I said, ok I am bored of flying for now, lets try something different, and saw that Cobalion appears today. So I went to get my jolly synch and started, in less than 2 hours, he decided to appear shiny ><.
Was able to catch it, it took me a while, it did 3 sword dances, so it was hitting me hard xD. After a long battle caught in in a Luxury ball. Sadly my synch failed, its modest with IVs: 31 / 18, 19 / 28, 29 / 30, 31 / 28, 29 / 30, 31 which is surprisingly good xD. So I can still work with it :p.
Good luck to everyone on their hunts and dont give up :D

TheMaster327

Yay! First of the Mythicals found after 7,055 SRs!

[img139]http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u440/TheMaster327/HNI_0038_zpsfkxg4o80.jpg[/img139][img139]http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u440/TheMaster327/HNI_0039_zpsoxlnlr9v.jpg[/img139][img139]http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u440/TheMaster327/HNI_0040_zpsxeskmjiu.jpg[/img139][img139]http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u440/TheMaster327/HNI_0041_zpsb1anjv0c.jpg[/img139]

Lonely nature, so kinda appropriate for a Darkrai despite it being not the best nature.

IVs: 27 / 12, 13 / 14, 15 / 9 / 1 / 16, 17 - Pretty meh IVs, but think a special set would still be OK, seeing that Darky has base 135 Sp. Atk. The Speed IV isn't bad :)

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Today's leg of the fs hunt has turned up my first shiny kirlia after 351 encounters! She's female, sassy, and likes to thrash about, with synchronize as her ability and max IVs in ATK and SPD. Pictures when I can get a chance to get the pictures off my camera

[img139]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Primus001/Shiny%20Pokemon/picture%207541_zpsolrlbz3e.jpg[/img139]

She's named after the Hindu goddess of wisdom and is now a fully evolved gardevoir, trained in SpATK and SPD. Am now cute charming for a male.

Terrakion is still at 200 SRs; I got shanghaied into shoveling snow after work today so I had no time to hunt.

Tepig is at 370 eggs.

Last edited:

TheShinyLunatone

VAMPIRE LORDS!
OK, HUGE CONGRATS to that darkrai!! mine from almia has a lonely nature too XD
ugh, even at half the odds of darkrai, seeing as im in oras, cresselia still refuses to shine, despite sr-ing like mad...
still, these shinies are inspiring and i'm so happy everyone is getting them :D

good luck everyone, they claim they shine eventuallyu....

Golden_Arcanine

Been a pretty productive day working on the shiny Fennekin hunt. I've actually lost count on how many eggs I've hatched, especially considering that I've been going and checking the IVs of all of them and if I hatch a better one replacing the one I have in the daycare. So far, I've managed to pop out a few flawless Fennekin with the wrong nature, but mostly 5 IV with the wrong nature or missing the IV in something besides attack. I think right now, my egg count is north of 200. I've been doing quite a bit of hatching today. Kinda curious to see IF I get a perfectly flawless Fennekin with the right nature first or a shiny Fennekin. IF they're the one and the same, I'm completely okay with that.

APinkInTime

Strategist Of Pink
That darkrai is amazing except the fact the you threw a quick ball at it and it's caught with a dusk ball. But if it is legit. Incredible find.

SilverChiko

Protect The Smiles!
That darkrai is amazing except the fact the you threw a quick ball at it and it's caught with a dusk ball. But if it is legit. Incredible find.
The Quick Ball most likely failed with him ending up getting it with a Dusk Ball.

APinkInTime

Strategist Of Pink
The Quick Ball most likely failed with him ending up getting it with a Dusk Ball.

Most likely. I just thought it was wired to ss the quick ball if it failed to catch it. Still shiny darkrai is cool.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Yesterday afternoon and part of this morning I did around 70 more soft resets for my Shiny Reshiram hunt. I've also started doing more horde encounters for Shinies, this time on Y version. I've done like 40 since last night. But anyway, congrats to many people on their new Shinies and good luck to others on their Shiny hunts.

Roseheart95

El Psy Congroo
Hey, all, decided to pop back quite often with updates, as I'm still hunting (picked up a bit more now), but I probably won't be able to give individual congratulations as often I'd like to, because I'm too busy nowadays - though I will try!

Anyway, I'm still doing my SS BQ, if anyone remembers that. On Route 32 (my second hunt) it took 40,734 REs to find a shiny Ekans (way back in September). Well, since then, I've been hunting on Route 33 for my third shiny. I was hoping this hunt would be a little quicker, but I'm already up to 19,758 REs. I'm hoping the shiny will come soon, though, because I've found Pokerus (first time I've ever found it and it's not been traded to me), as well as one of my Pokemon picking up a shiny leaf. So I've been lucky, but not as lucky as I've liked :p

Well, I look forward to catching up with what everyone is hunting, and I'll try to stick around for now, because I've missed this thread.

Happy hunting everyone!

PS Also, I'm very behind in the Pokemon world and don't have a copy of ORAS yet. I assume the odds haven't changed from XY?

Last edited:

Typhlosion_Hunter_Mark

Galaxy Trainer
YEAH!! Found my first shiny legendary!! After 1416 RA's Eon Ticket Latias decided to shine for me. So my hopes of finding it soon after I reached 1200 RA's yesterday were legit!
[img240]http://s17.postimg.org/dmrr2ly6n/IMG_20150305_131803.jpg[/img240]

The actual catching process was a real struggle. Turn 1 I used a Quick Ball, but it broke out after two shakes. I then brought her HP down to 1HP with false swipe and thunder waved her. I started trowing quick balls and premier balls at her (because I would have loved catching her in one of those balls), but they almost never shook more than once so I switched to ultra balls and later timer balls. During the whole process I was counting her moves and when she had only 2 dragon breaths left I finally decided to throw my master ball (wasn't sure if I did miss one or two of her moves). Of course the master ball didn't fail and I caught my golden Latias!

I was synchronizing for a Timid nature and I was happy to see that it had worked! According to the IV judge in the battle resort she has outstanding potential and IV's of 31 in Defense, Special Attack and Speed! Running a quick calculation with the Serebii IV calculator gave the following IV spread:
HP 14-16 / Atk 24-29 / Def 31 / SpA 31 / SpD 27-29 / Spe 31
Also high special defense so I'll definitely use her for some competitive battling!

Also, I named her Goldilocks. After the fairy tale "Goldilocks and the three bears".

[img240]http://s17.postimg.org/8a2wohaa7/IMG_20150305_134332.jpg[/img240] [img240]http://s17.postimg.org/dk7vfruj3/IMG_20150305_134402.jpg[/img240]

I'll now probably do a DexNav hunt again, before going for a next shiny legandary (also have to somewhere get a new master ball....)

Congrats to everyone on the new shinies! Especially Twilit Dragoon, I think Raikou is a very awesome shiny!
Also good luck to everyone shiny hunting!

darkpaladin2015

Shiny Hunter
Hey, been nearly a week since my last post! Congratulations to everyone's new shinies; Meditite, Latias, Darkrai, Kirlia, Raikou and all the rest.

Well, after over 5 days of SR Entei shone :) It was a very, very long fight. Uxie kept being confused and then hurting itself so it couldn't pull of a yawn, and then when it could attack Entei would make it flinch :\ Eventually it did fall asleep and then Noivern Super fanged it down. I chucked a huge amount of premier, repeat and timer balls at it but it kept breaking out, even from a critical capture timer ball :( Eventually I managed to revive Uxie and panic that Entei would run out of PP and struggle. It fell asleep one last time and Entei finally caught in a timer ball :) Adamant synch worked :D It is 'oustanding' with max IVs in HP, Sp attack (darn it) and sp. defense. Really happy!

Good luck everyone!

shiny_hunter5

I have had a mental few days 3/4/2015 I found a shiny Whismur in a border
3/4/2015 I found a shiny Hoppip in a horde and accidentally ran away
3/4/2015 I reclaimed shiny Hoppip in a horder :)
5/5/2015 Found shiny Guplin in a horder
5/5/2015 found a shiny Bunnelby on its own just walking back to the Pokemon centre! not allowed to post pictures yet otherwise i would!

Keovix

Congratulations to everyone on your shinies! :)

This was quick! 2 days after posting about shiny Heatran, yesterday Thundurus shone! it was definitely under 1k, Thundurus has Timid nature and perfect IV's in HP, Attack and Sp. Attack also has a 28-29 IV in Sp. Defense.

Also received the Eon ticket using the code in both AS/OR, I've been doing Latios RA's and they go by so fast, I have done 200 RA's so far, will keep track of this hunt.

I might be finishing OR today aswell, been speedrunning this game like crazy, trading pokemon from X/Y to avoid grinding, fighting very few trainers and pretty much rushing the whole story, when I'm done with the Delta episode, I'll rematch the E4 a couple of times with the amulet coin and the prize o-power from X to get as much money as possible to buy different pokeballs and other stuff, will also get certain important items like the leftovers, the first legendary I'll hunt in OR is Reshiram.

Good luck to everyone on your current hunts! :)

Sparky Mc-S

Let the sparks fly~
So as I was watching a stream yesterday and I decided to participate in WTW for the first time. It was interesting to say the least.

[IMG139]http://i1370.photobucket.com/albums/ag264/Sparky-McS/Inkay_zpstqqjpl8f.jpg[/IMG139]
[IMG139]http://i1370.photobucket.com/albums/ag264/Sparky-McS/Gastrodon_zpsxytpvfb9.jpg[/IMG139]
[IMG139]http://i1370.photobucket.com/albums/ag264/Sparky-McS/Poochyena_zpsytohjh2q.jpg[/IMG139]
[IMG139]http://i1370.photobucket.com/albums/ag264/Sparky-McS/Heatran_zpsxe367p0f.jpg[/IMG139]
[IMG139]http://i1370.photobucket.com/albums/ag264/Sparky-McS/Tepig_zpssu11rr4b.jpg[/IMG139]
[IMG139]http://i1370.photobucket.com/albums/ag264/Sparky-McS/Terrakion_zpsfqioflsd.jpg[/IMG139]
[IMG139]http://i1370.photobucket.com/albums/ag264/Sparky-McS/Infernape%201_zpshxpativl.jpg[/IMG139]
[IMG139]http://i1370.photobucket.com/albums/ag264/Sparky-McS/Infernape%202_zpsmdkviuep.jpg[/IMG139]

The Infernapes were right after one another. Most of them are most likey hacked/genned but they make nice additions to the family. Plus I don't battle competitively anyway so \('3')/
Then afterwards, I jumpped into a normal FS with my Cute Charm Sylveon with the end goal of getting 9 shiny female Eevees. I knew I would get this shiny first though :/

[IMG139]http://i1370.photobucket.com/albums/ag264/Sparky-McS/Dunsparce_zpscix2nhed.jpg[/IMG139]

And an extra update, my story Latios hunt is at 625 SR's. Fingers crossed he'll shine soon then I'll have to do it over again in AS because Latias is a target for that BQ.
Good luck everyone with your hunts~

P.S. What's up with the Community Hunt? It's already the 5th/6th and no one's voted or anything. Shine, maybe if no one has chosen by the start of the month, you should just pick one and run with it~ :p

EDIT: Second shiny Dunsparce

Last edited:

wobbanut

Team Awesome
No new shiny news from me this week, but I decided to simplify my signature down to the basics because all the images were giving me a headache. I am very proud of the shinies I have collected, though. :D

shiny_hunter5

Guys i know nobody has responded to my posts on here yet but can someone respond to this one! are the odds on here about shiny encounter rates on X and Y being 1 in 4000 odd true? because
I have had a mental few days 3/4/2015 I found a shiny Whismur in a horde
3/4/2015 I reclaimed shiny Hoppip in a horde
5/5/2015 Found shiny Guplin in a horde
5/5/2015 found a shiny Bunnelby on its own just walking back to the Pokemon centre! not allowed to post pictures yet otherwise i would!
just now so 6/5/2015 I just caught a shiny Flabebe on its own.

Am i super lucky or just way easier on X? or are the odds not confirmed? thanks.

Supremacy

Shiny Hunter

TheMaster327 already explained it but, honestly, you couldn't put two and two together lol?

Guys i know nobody has responded to my posts on here yet but can someone respond to this one! are the odds on here about shiny encounter rates on X and Y being 1 in 4000 odd true? because
I have had a mental few days 3/4/2015 I found a shiny Whismur in a horde
3/4/2015 I reclaimed shiny Hoppip in a horde
5/5/2015 Found shiny Guplin in a horde
just now so 6/5/2015 I just caught a shiny Flabebe on its own.

Am i super lucky or just way easier on X? or are the odds not confirmed? thanks.

Odds are 1/4096. As you can see, horde shinies are not really that hard to find since you're encountering 5 pokes at a time. The Bunnelby and Flabebe was pretty lucky though, gratz.

--------

I've been lacking motivation lately, so I haven't hunted very much. I'm only at like ~3.2k REs for my badge quest atm hopefully I get my groove back soon lol. I have also been preparing to SR for Articuno on HG/SS, shiny Articuno has really grown on me over time and I really like how its shiny is more noticeable in 6th gen. So yea, just gotta find a better sleep inducer atm, Breloom ain't cutting it this time =p.

Gratz on the recent shinies, especially TheMaster327 on Darkrai! Good luck everyone.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
REALLLLLLLLLLLY SORRY EVERYONE

I caught a fever right at the start of March, kept me in bed so I was unable to do any update -_-

So, has all of you decided what we will do for this month's CH?

Last time I went here, we have two options

Hey I was wondering for next month's CH, since it's the third month of the year, how about a third wheel hunt, pokemon belonging to the third twerps of the show- Brock, Tracey, Cilan, and Clemont? Just a thought.

I have an idea for next months CH (apologies if it's been done before)
Quite a few countries recognize March as the start of the farming season. It's name, in a few languages, mean; earth visible under snow, birch tree and (paraphrasing) earth dry enough to cultivate.
Also, it includes the equinox, signifying the start of Spring/Autumn - depending on which hemisphere you live in.
So my idea was that we could hunt the pokes that have the grass typing. This would include:

Bulbasaur family
Oddish family
Paras family
Bellsprout family
Exeggcute family
Tangela family
Chikorita family
Hoppip family
Sunkern family
Celebi
Treecko family
Lotad family
Seedot family
Shroomish family
Cacnea family
Lileep family
Tropius
Turtwig family
Budew family
Cherubi family
Carnivine
Snover family
Shaymin
Snivy family
Pansage family
Sewaddle family
Cottonee family
Petilil family
Maractus
Deerling family
Foongus family
Ferroseed family
Virizion
Chespin family
Skiddo family
Phantump family
Pumpkaboo family

There's quite a few there so a lot of variety, 81 individuals in total. Some I thought were debatable - Paras fam, Flabebe fam and Bonsly fam - but I thought grass would be more definite and easier than 'plant looking'.

--------------------------------------

Anyway, Registeel still hasn't shine - which is natural because between Shuffle and my fever, I haven't got any time to hunt :p

But I can hunt again now, hopefully it will shine soon, then I can move on to Regirock to complete the trio.

PS Also, I'm very behind in the Pokemon world and don't have a copy of ORAS yet. I assume the odds haven't changed from XY?

yeah, same odds.