• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Sito

Shiny Breeder
Nice, getting lucky again :D
After my shiny Cobalion yesterday I started my hunt for Regice, and just got it.
Its calm, my synch worked, its IVs are 8, 9 / 30, 31 / 31 / 30, 31 / 0, 1, 2 / 5, 6, 7 wish it didnt had 31 in attack T_T.
So now guessing will go for either uxie/mesprit/azelf.
Good luck everyone on their hunts and gratz on all new shinies :D

Edit:
Wow, was able to find Azelf about 5 mins ago o_O.
That was a quick hunt, was able to catch it in a Timer Ball and its Timid, my synch worked :D. Its IVs are 30, 31 / 30, 31 / 20, 21 / 31 / 28, 29 / 22, 23 so its pretty awesome :D.
Not sure what to hunt next xD

Last edited:

RaichuArcanine

Hunting Sparkles
Congrats to all these lovely shinies :). Today I was very surprised to see this as I was hatching more of my MM Deino on White. I honestly was not expecting it to shine until at least 2000 eggs, but on egg number 1085...

[img139]http://i1063.photobucket.com/albums/t507/RaichuUploader/Shiny%20Pokemon/IMG_7352_zpssk1quqzp.jpg[/img139] Shiny Deino! I gasped as I saw the green. This hunt has actually been a moderately long one..I started it around August last year when I got my Shiny Dwebble. In a way, hatching Deino will always remind me of when my hypochondria was very awful. I have to say I am so glad it's almost gone now..my OCD still gives me bad days but I can handle it well most days :). She's the seventh shiny in this Badge Quest. Anyway I'm tossing up between two names, Morgana as a reference to Arthurian legend or Pendragon(a reference to Arthur himself as that's his last name haha). Suggestions are helpful and she is modest nature :). Man I'm so happy! A shiny I've wanted for a while, and those eggs can take forever to hatch haha. Now I'm gonna EV train her and go through the game until I can hunt Rufflet in Route 10 :). She knows Dark Pulse and Earth Power as one parent was a Zwelious from my Black 2 game that I tutored Dark Pulse and Earth Power that I breed with a Japanese Ditto. Best of luck to all, and name suggestions are welcome :) here's some more pics :D.

. Name suggestions are welcome *huggles her* so happy :).
~RaichuArcanine~

Last edited:

ShiningKnightXY

<----Newest Shiny
If you are still looking for CH suggestions I was thinking of basing targets off of lucky items with luck being associated with St. Patrick's Day. Rabbit's feet and horseshoes for example could translate to rabbit-based, and horse-based pokemon. Or we could pokemon with 7 in their national dex number.

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
Congrats on the Shiny Deino, RA, lovely shiny. :D

As for this months CH, well we're 6 days deep and by the time a decision is made we're gonna be what? 10 days deep?

So how about we just have a FFA this month, and we start the discussion for next months CH now, rather than 2 days before the next month begins.

If we start to decide next months CH now, then we'll have a week to vote, and we'll still know 2-3 weeks in advance what the next CH will be. If we did it this way every month, it seems much more efficient, but idk, maybe others like having just 2 or 3 days to vote/discuss or give other options. ;)

I'm currently HE'ing for Shiny Aron/Shiny Zubat for my AS BQ.

Either would be a nice addition to my current team of Shiny Lombre & Shiny Mightyena, but i've brought along a Magnet Puller, as i really want Aron above all others. :)

Good luck with your hunts everyone, hope to see more pics/videos of your shinies real soon. :)

Last edited:

Takeshii

I needed some help with my pokedex so I enlisted the help of a member of this site. Added his FC and thus his Safari. Went into it for a bit to see the kind of Pokemon he had... then I encountered a shiny Magcargo. It was literally the first time I encountered that Pokemon in his Safari. And I don't even have Shiny Charm yet.

Then I've been more active on the GTS. Found a shiny Rayquaza at lvl 84. And not one but two shiny Kyurems! Both at lvl 100. Basically, hunting for legendaries I don't have, and sometimes I stumble upon an amazing deal.

Not sure about the legitimacy of the three legendaries, but they sure do look good. Any way to check it?

Can't wait to mega evolve my shiny Rayquaza. :)

darkpaladin2015

Shiny Hunter
Bagged a shiny Forretress and a Numel within an hour! 0_o
Currently just started a MM hunt for a Moon Ball Growlithe with egg moves Flare Blitz, Morning Sun and Close Combat (took AGES to get decent parents haha). Hope it shines soon!

As for Community Hunt, I don't have any idea about this month, but if we are thinking about April, how about something along the lines of April Fools? So this could be deceitful or tricky Pokémon, or even just dark Pokémon in general as a lot of them are tricksters. As for the 'tricky' Pokémon, this could be stuff like Mr.Mime, who builds invisible walls which people bang into, to Pokémon like Kecleon that hide themselves away, or Pokémon like Gengar that like to trick people at night. Just an idea.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Rrr...I got a blue Regigigas in Omega Ruby after 832 SRs, but it kept getting out of the Ultra Balls. I was forced to use my Master Ball since it was very close to struggling itself out. Also, how can you people tell if Zekrom is shiny? Its blue eye is tiny!

TheMaster327

Rrr...I got a blue Regigigas in Omega Ruby after 832 SRs, but it kept getting out of the Ultra Balls. I was forced to use my Master Ball since it was very close to struggling itself out. Also, how can you people tell if Zekrom is shiny? Its blue eye is tiny!

Green on the tip of it's head instead of blue ;)

Shiny Lord

So it has been awhile since I have posted. But I am back with some AMAZING news! So I decided to soft reset in my Omega Ruby to get a shiny Reshiram. And to my amazement I managed to find a shiny one fairly quickly! This is my 2nd soft reset shiny ever and 2nd shiny legendary ever!!!(Not including Shiny event Dialga, Palkia and Giratina) It has Docile nature. Likes to thrash about. Its ivs are

#643 Reshiram [Docile]
IVs: 26, 27 / 31 / 30, 31 / 22, 23 / 18, 19 / 30, 31
Stats at Lv.50: 173 / 140 / 120 / 166 / 134 / 110

I had shiny charm as well.

Last edited:

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Sorry for posting again so soon - but this is regarding the CH.

I'm currently interested in Sparky's idea, and considering we're almost a week into March I want to just decide a CH now and thinking about picking Sparky's, but is there anyone here who remember if it has been done before just recently?

I have an idea for next months CH (apologies if it's been done before)
Quite a few countries recognize March as the start of the farming season. It's name, in a few languages, mean; earth visible under snow, birch tree and (paraphrasing) earth dry enough to cultivate.
Also, it includes the equinox, signifying the start of Spring/Autumn - depending on which hemisphere you live in.
So my idea was that we could hunt the pokes that have the grass typing. This would include:

Bulbasaur family
Oddish family
Paras family
Bellsprout family
Exeggcute family
Tangela family
Chikorita family
Hoppip family
Sunkern family
Celebi
Treecko family
Lotad family
Seedot family
Shroomish family
Cacnea family
Lileep family
Tropius
Turtwig family
Budew family
Cherubi family
Carnivine
Snover family
Shaymin
Snivy family
Pansage family
Sewaddle family
Cottonee family
Petilil family
Maractus
Deerling family
Foongus family
Ferroseed family
Virizion
Chespin family
Skiddo family
Phantump family
Pumpkaboo family

There's quite a few there so a lot of variety, 81 individuals in total. Some I thought were debatable - Paras fam, Flabebe fam and Bonsly fam - but I thought grass would be more definite and easier than 'plant looking'.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for this months CH, well we're 6 days deep and by the time a decision is made we're gonna be what? 10 days deep?

So how about we just have a FFA this month, and we start the discussion for next months CH now, rather than 2 days before the next month begins.

If we start to decide next months CH now, then we'll have a week to vote, and we'll still know 2-3 weeks in advance what the next CH will be. If we did it this way every month, it seems much more efficient, but idk, maybe others like having just 2 or 3 days to vote/discuss or give other options. ;)

You do have a point there - I'm thinking that starting from this month, the CH discussion should be started in the middle of the month. Perhaps in the 14th.

Shiny Lord

So I just went to Gnarled Den for the first time. On the first encounter I encountered a shiny Kyreum. 2 shiny legendaries in 1 day!! I had shiny charm. IVs are #646 Kyurem [Modest]
IVs: 31 / 20, 21 / 0, 1 / 30, 31 / 4, 5 / 30, 31
Stats at Lv.50: 200 / 130 / 95 / 165 / 97 / 115

Martinzqx

Started my shiny mewtwo hunt last night on my soul silver copy! Have a modest synchronizer ready to go! I am only 100 sr's in. Im interested to see how long this will take! Good luck everyone!!!

TheShinyLunatone

VAMPIRE LORDS!
YYYYYYEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHH
[IMG139]http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn178/TheShinyLunatone/IMG-20150307-00474_zps59fx41jf.jpg[/IMG139]

FINALLY GOT CRESSELIA! SYNC WORKED BUT IVS ARE AWFUL BUT ITS OK BECAUSE I JUST GOT MY FIRST SR SHINY LEGEND EVER
Edit: forgot to add that this took about 3-4 weeks WITHOUT shiny charm :D

i am quite excited. can you tell?

Attachments

• IMG-20150307-00472_zpssbljj3m3.jpg
    IMG-20150307-00472_zpssbljj3m3.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

Roseheart95

El Psy Congroo
Congratulations on all the recent shinies, particularly that Cresselia, being your first legendary shiny :) And it's a nice one!

As for me, I'm still trundling along on my SS BadgeQuest, still on Route 33 with no luck yet. Last night I made it to 20,000 SRs exactly, so it looks like my severe lack of luck in my last BQ shiny is persisting. Oh, well... hopefully these hunts will get a little shorter down the line.

Good luck to everyone hunting!

taufik386

after 10 days, entei finally showed its shiny form :D
I lost the counting, but i think it's around 1700-1800 SRs,
Adamant sync worked and i only used one premier ball to catch it.
trio johto beast completed!!

I'll go for Terrakion next.

Other news, chikorita is still counting too, it's at 60 eggs now.
As for cyndaquil, i changed the plan.
two days ago, i remembered that i still breed Pansage in my Pokemon X. So i decided to continue it in my OR.
It's at 120 eggs for now.

congrats to everyone for your recent shinies, and good luck for your current hunting ^^

Last edited:

CharlieDoryRose

Dragon Freak
As for Community Hunt, I don't have any idea about this month, but if we are thinking about April, how about something along the lines of April Fools? So this could be deceitful or tricky Pokémon, or even just dark Pokémon in general as a lot of them are tricksters. As for the 'tricky' Pokémon, this could be stuff like Mr.Mime, who builds invisible walls which people bang into, to Pokémon like Kecleon that hide themselves away, or Pokémon like Gengar that like to trick people at night. Just an idea.

I really like that line of thought! Although, to make it simpler to decide which Pokemon to include we could say all Pokemon that can learn Trick, Trick Room or Trick or Treat? That would give us a definitive list. I know Trick or Treat is quite Halloweeny but it means anything directly "Trick" related is in there.

Started my shiny mewtwo hunt last night on my soul silver copy! Have a modest synchronizer ready to go! I am only 100 sr's in. Im interested to see how long this will take! Good luck everyone!!!

Good luck! I'll be doing that too once I get further in on my SS BQ!

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
Let me see how I have been doing lately....

OR--About 400 SR's into shiny Ho-oh hunt. No shiny charm, but I know I can do it. I replayed the main game after I caught my shiny Reshiram to get another Master Ball (I know Ho-oh has low PP moves, so I am not taking any chances).

AS--I bred a flawless Ralts, and I am currently breeding it with that Japanese Ditto that got me that shiny Snivy earlier. I hope to get at least a 5 IV Ralts, but I am trying to stay realistic concerning the odds of shiny + good IVs. (I would be fine with either a good IV setup for Gardervoir or Gallade, although I would prefer a Gardevoir setup.)

shiny_hunter5

Do you guys just put the pokemon images at the bottom by yourself after each post? or can i do it so they are there all the time?
would like to put my list of shines in my posts :)

darkpaladin2015

Shiny Hunter
Do you guys just put the pokemon images at the bottom by yourself after each post? or can i do it so they are there all the time?
would like to put my list of shines in my posts :)

If you go here, it will guide you in how to include picture signatures:
http://www.serebiiforums.com/faq.php?faq=new_faq_item2

I really like that line of thought! Although, to make it simpler to decide which Pokemon to include we could say all Pokemon that can learn Trick, Trick Room or Trick or Treat? That would give us a definitive list. I know Trick or Treat is quite Halloweeny but it means anything directly "Trick" related is in there.

Yeah, Trick/Trick Room etc sounds a lot better :)

My Moon Ball Growlithe MM hunt is going strong! I have all weekend to hunt, so I'm hoping it arrives before Monday. Good luck to everyone on your hunts.