• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

RedJirachi

Veteran member
How many SRs on ORAS can you normally get per full power

Takeshii

Just hit 6,000 for Latios. Really hope it shines soon because I have a ton of hunts I want to start.

I wish I had the patience to get the shiny charm.
Recruit some help from the forums, get all in the Pokedex, profit? You'd probably be a long way to complete it if you'd work on that instead of hunting for Latios. Might take a few days, but that's it.

Recon

General question, does anyone get happy anymore if they get a Shiny off of WT? I've WT a bunch of Pokemon and I've gotten enough shinies to fill half a box. I figure that most, if not all, of them are through the QR codes so it's like not that exciting any more. Can't believe I'm happier with a Shiny Garbodor than with a Shiny Reshiram.

Takeshii

Get a bit fed up of playing OR so I'm finishing a few things in Y. Hunted for shiny for five minutes each in nearly all my friend safari and found this little fellow:

https://db.tt/Gacl0Whh

Found him within 10 minutes. :)

I almost didn't believe since I don't think it looks that different from the regular colour palette.

LilyValley

Useless Sceptile
I just hatched my shiny Skarmory! It appeared on the 661st egg. Male, Keen Eye (I do have enough for an ability capsule) and IVs are 31/31/x/31/31/x...it's missing defense but it's alright. Impish with egg moves Brave Bird, Stealth Rock and Whirlwind.

I was nearly out of space to hatch any more Skarmory, but I noticed the shiny right away. Now I'll go back to resetting for Cresselia on Omega Ruby.

EDIT: Agh, I'm sorry. I meant 661st egg, not 861.

Last edited:

MorganNAL

Catch Em' All
After 1307 SRs. I finally got a shiny Zekrom :D Adamant with 31 IVs in Attack Defense, and Sp. Defense.

Here's a picture of it that I took.

Zekrom 1.JPG

I am absolutely happy to get one ^^

Twilit Dragoon

*omnious thunderstorm*
Well Friday the 13th was a pretty lucky day for me! I've had quite a productive day and never got much chance to shiny hunt. I was trying to get 50 SRs in for shiny Entei before I went to bed, so I booted up my game and started to SR. I was hoping to finish them as quickly as possible so I could sleep, but I didn't even get far, as 11 SRs later(2161 SRs total):

[img139]http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t237/Storm_Dragoon/ASOR/71fd3590-24a6-4605-acd1-8ba042036c21_zpsjwi8nzrc.jpg[/img139]
[img139]http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t237/Storm_Dragoon/ASOR/IMG_0248_zpsnugowppd.jpg[/img139]

Shiny Entei appeared! I almost reset over it, I had my fingers hovering over the start/select buttons so it was a close call. Now catching this thing was easy, thanks to paralysis and Capture Power 3, only 3 Dive Balls caught it. Once again my synchronizer failed, it ended up getting a Hardy nature instead of my wanted Adamant. I'm not overly bothered though considering I only had to do 11 SRs tonight for it to shine. It has flawless Attack, Special Defence and Speed, so I'm happy with that.

More pics:

Nickname screen
Shiny Entei
Trainer ID
Hardy nature

My next target is going to be shiny Suicune, may as well finish the trio :p. I'm not very far into the hunt just yet, at the time of this post I only hit 8 SRs for Suicune. I'm planning on getting more resets in for it tomorrow, as I'm ready to go to sleep.

Congrats on your new shinies everyone, especially those who ended long hunts!

Martinzqx

Got up to 361 resets on my mewtwo hunt! Haven't been able to focus on it lately due to life. Plan on getting at least 50 a day!

darkpaladin2015

Shiny Hunter
1 week of hunting...
Shiny charm...
~1300-1400 eggs....
Growlithe still hasn't shone :O
The parents are now level 85, and I'm nearly at 3x the odds. There have been so many times I've just wanted to call it a day, but I feel like I will have wasted a week of hunting if I give up...so I have no choice but to carry on until it turns gold. This hunt has thoroughly turned me off MM hunting. I stopped counting at the 1k mark. However, I'm praying it shines before I get to ~2000 eggs.

Good luck to those hunting.

EDIT: YESSS!!!! OMFG YESS!!!! Finally!!! Growlithe finally decides to shine around 1500 eggs!! :D :D Female, 4IV missing sp defense and speed, Adamant, hatched in a MOON BALL with these egg moves: Flare Blitz, Morning Sun and Close Combat.
Phwww....so glad that is over. Will not be MMing for a very, very long time....

Last edited:

Westeros

Hatched a shiny Torchic today. It has Blaze and only 3 IVs, but I figure that since it's hard enough to hatch a shiny, I'll keep it. I already have a competitive Blaziken anyway.

I find shinies are really hard to get, so I never trade them.

Typhlosion_Hunter_Mark

Galaxy Trainer
I was EV training some pokemon, including the shiny Latias is caught last week. While battling Oddish hordes this popped up:
[img240]http://s13.postimg.org/j4fmjyoti/IMG_20150314_141140.jpg[/img240] [img240]http://s13.postimg.org/yaloaweuf/IMG_20150314_141147.jpg[/img240] [img240]http://s13.postimg.org/iqeakd4py/IMG_20150314_141520.jpg[/img240]

Very nice surprise! I will probably make it my new Sweet Scenter!

Congratulations to everyone on the new shinies!

ohjeezitskim

Sorry I've been away, haven't had much time for hunting. Been sort of depressed as of late since it's been really hard for me to find a job I can manage with my social anxiety and I just want a good enough job so me and my boyfriend can move out of my house (Gosh, my parents are driving me nuts o3o) on top of going shopping for a wedding that I'm not at all excited to go to (600 dollars to get there + 13 hour drive, $400 in clothes because we needs two sets because my bf is a groomsmen and we are in the rehearsal dinner, no alcohol because the bride doesn't want it when the groom does and I was looking forward to that x-x. Her family comes from good money and she sort of has a princess complex. Her wedding registry has a 500 dollar bowl. JUST ONE BOWL!? And a 300 GRAVY BOAT! It's just freaking gravy!!

Anyway, sorry about the tangent, I've been slowly working on Snivy still since I love shiny Serperior. I kinda lost track of the eggs because I did 100 but I don't remember if I added it to the total so I either have 665 or 765.

I think my next hunt afterwards will be... Another Eevee or maybe another starter. Or maybe continue my Suicune hunt that I forgot about lmao omg. Oops. I just remembered it now. I hope I'll get it on camera! I'm really close to 600 subs on youtube :3 so might make it a sub special! There are so many good legends to SR in ORAS and it's driving me nuts ;-; my L button on my Pika DS is feeling weird too. Feels like something is stuck in there or something but nothing I do fixes it.

I feel like I'll go for Cresselia next after that though. i'm expect Suicune to take quite a while since Latios shone under 100 SRs :| but I'll stick it out lol

cryuel

I've decided my next hunt will be a shiny Terrakion in my Alpha Sapphire, though it's a bit off putting that the 3 musketeer Legendaries rotate depending on the day. Hope it shines for me soon~ :)
Good luck everyone!

Edit: That didn't take too long - found an Adamant shiny Terrakion~~ :D Granted, the Attack IV isn't perfect, but it'll do. Yay, moving on to Zekrom (and if I can find it soon, Cresselia).

Last edited:

taufik386

congrats everyone on your recent shinies. i see shiny legends everywhere :D

news from me, just hatched shiny Sigilyph after 279 eggs.
Timid, 5IV and Magic Guard ability. shame, its IV spread missing in Sp. Attack

Yesterday's (three days ago actually) BQ is swablu, and i got one.

cyndaquil is still struggling. At 360 eggs now.
Landorus reached 480 SRs, still counting.
Other hunting is Latias, 300 RAs, still counting too.

Good luck everyones on your current hunting :D

Last edited:

Archsage

Shiny Hunting!
It's been a bit since I've been here- Congrats to everyone who's gotten something now, especially darkpaladin2015 on the Growlithe! MMing can be such a pain.

Well, after deciding to take a quick break from Dex filing, I fished myself up a shiny Horsea on a chain of 55~! She's named Lissa, seeing as her evolutionary line reminds me of the royal family in Fire Emblem: Awakening. Seeing as I'm having good luck, I think I'll go for that Shellder again now.

Good luck to everyone hunting, especially TheMaster327!

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Groan...12,800 and Mewtwo still won't shine! I can't let it beat me!!! With the exception of Thursday and this Wednesday I've been doing 1000 SRs a day!

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Part of last night and earlier today I did almost 65 horde encounters for a Shiny in Y version and also this afternoon I've done around 40-50 soft resets for my Shiny Reshiram hunt in OmegaRuby as well. Anyway, good luck to taufik386, cryuel, TheMaster327, and others on their Shiny hunts.