• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Cyberra

pain in the ***
It hatched! :D After 1,705 eggs, I finally get a yellow firepiglet! And it's FEMALE!

[img139]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Primus001/Shiny%20Pokemon/picture%20165_zps8sbiovnc.jpg[/img139]

Smokey is Adamant natured and somewhat vain. Unfortunately she got Blaze instead of Thick Fat, but meh. She was a pain in the backside to get, so I'm not going to try for another. I already EV trained her in ATK and SPD and evolved her into a beautiful blue emboar. Am now working on abra, using a HA female Artnerd caught for me.

Terrakion is at 2,100 SRs.

Edit: Second shiny kirlia found at 3,790 REs! This one is a male, serious nature and mischievous, with max IVs in ATK, SpATK, and SpDEF and the ability Trace. I'm gonna train him in ATK and maybe in SPD and a few points into SpDEF, then evolve him to gallade :D

Last edited:

Sito

Shiny Breeder
Was able to find Cresent Island like 2 days ago, so I said, lets hunt for Cresselia, it takes forever for that place to appear, and today like 5 mins ago, it appeared shiny :D
Its Calm nature, so glad my synch worked :D. Its IVs are IVs: 14, 15 / 28, 29 / 12, 13 / 30, 31 / 30, 31 / 31, so it will work just fine, just sad it has almost perfect attack, but who am I to complain :p.
Was able to catch it in a Heal Ball as a Critical Capture, laughed so much when it happened xD.
Gratz to all recent shinies and good luck everyone, dont give up :D.
How many four-leaf clovers were you smoking?

I've decided to pause trying to get a shiny Mewtwo for the time, and focus on getting a shiny Cresselia in ORAS. Or maybe I should do double duty: 500 SR for Mewtwo at day, and 300 SR for Cresselia at night? What do you guys think?

xD. I would say hunt both like you said, when I focus only on one and it doesnt appear, I go for other and it appears shiny, has happened 2 times already for me xD.

Last edited:

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Was able to find Cresent Island like 2 days ago, so I said, lets hunt for Cresselia, it takes forever for that place to appear, and today like 5 mins ago, it appeared shiny :D
Its Calm nature, so glad my synch worked :D. Its IVs are IVs: 14, 15 / 28, 29 / 12, 13 / 30, 31 / 30, 31 / 31, so it will work just fine, just sad it has almost perfect attack, but who am I to complain :p.
Was able to catch it in a Heal Ball as a Critical Capture, laughed so much when it happened xD.
Gratz to all recent shinies and good luck everyone, dont give up :D.

How many four-leaf clovers were you smoking?

I've decided to pause trying to get a shiny Mewtwo for the time, and focus on getting a shiny Cresselia in ORAS. Or maybe I should do double duty: 500 SR for Mewtwo at day, and 300 SR for Cresselia at night? What do you guys think?

Just hit 9,000 run aways for Latios. Frustrated to say the least, sitting at twice the odds plus change, but I guess thats shiny hunting. I would really like to get it soon because I am losing motivation fast.

Congrats to everyone who has gotten a shiny recently though!

darkpaladin2015

Shiny Hunter
It's been a bit since I've been here- Congrats to everyone who's gotten something now, especially darkpaladin2015 on the Growlithe! MMing can be such a pain.

Thanks! :) Good luck with Shellder!

Since Growlithe yesterday, I got very lucky and caught a shiny Doduo in a horde very quickly. She is also 'relatively superior' which is quite nice for a wild shiny. Even better still, I went into a normal friend safari on my X with the intention of getting an Eevee and caught a shiny Loudred. Docile nature, but best of all it had 4IV!! I know Pokémon in the safari are guaranteed 2, so getting 4 is a major bonus!

I also decided to take a bit of a break yesterday and enter some of my shinies in Contests instead: Snivy for beauty, Zigzagoon for cute, Zebstrika for cool, and Entei for tough. Its nice seeing their pictures in the museum :) Currently hunting for a Purugly/Porygon to use in a clever contest.

Congratulations to everyone's new shinies :)

Takeshii

Good idea, I'd go insane trying to go for a single shiny for months. Or maybe you guys have something I don't.

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
So it's been a wee bit of time since my last hunt update.

After my Shiny Zubat appeared, i went and beat the Mauville Gym, and immediately thought about my next BQ Target in AS, i thought about it for a day or so, which allowed me to do some more SR'ing for Shiny Tepig in OR, to no avail, but it was a nice break from all the DexNav/HE'ing i had been doing lately.

So i've come to the decision, to take the risk and return to Granite Cave, and HE for Shiny Aron.... again lol.

I've got my fingers crossed that this won't turn into a multi-stage hunt, and i'll happen upon Shiny Aron before any duplicate Shiny Zubat rear their heads.

Anyway, that's my hunt status. Congrats on the recent Shiny Pokemon everyone, some really rather lovely Shiny Pokemon of late, my favourite of which was the wonderful Shiny Entei, that palette is sublime. :D

Hey guys, been a while but congrats to all the new shiny pokemon and good luck to everyone still looking for one
I just hatched the 4th member of my all pink shiny team, Mawile. about 200-300 eggs after the last time I posted
I havn't checked Ivs yet, but she is quirky and takes plenty of siestas, and her ability is intimidate
EDIT: Hidden power dark and... 6 IVS!!!!!!! Off to train now
EDIT 2: ok I'm pretty lucky today, while training my lileep to evolve I came across a shiny gastrodon in the friend safari with max sp atk and attack

Last edited:

Warden Chult

I got myself a Shiny Sandshrew sometime last June. Was playing X and found it unexpectedly in one of the friend safaris. I've always loved shiny pokemon and used to have a bunch of them back in D/P/Pt but they're long gone now. Maybe I'll look into shiny hunting again once I get the shiny charm in ORAS.

Kingzard

Shiny Hunter
Well, it finally happened.

[IMG300]http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp44/Kitsuneii/pokemon/20150308_175936_zpspfxq8gn2.jpg[/IMG300]

[IMG300]http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp44/Kitsuneii/pokemon/20150308_182304_zpswc6zi9wq.jpg[/IMG300]

I got my shiny ORAS starter!! I started hunting Torchic since before Thanksgiving and gave up...restarted again going for Treecko. Took 218 SRs when I switched.

Working on Shiny Eon Ticket Latias currently, she's past 1,000 RAs right now.

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
Congratulations on all of the recent shinies everyone!

I passed 500 SR's for Ho-oh on my Omega Ruby. I feel that I may just be beginning on this hunt.
On my Alpha Sapphire, I also passed 180 eggs after I bred that flawless ralts to breed with my Japanese ditto for a shiny. I hope that it gets at least a few good IV's when it shines.

Good luck everyone else!

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
Shiny Aron!!! Yay :D

Such a nice quick hunt, although the nature gods once again slammed me with an appalling nature for an eventual Shiny Mega Aggron, Calm.... uggghhhh..... lowering my attack dammit.

Still since it won't be a competitive battling Mega Aggron, it's not so bad. It will make a really nice team tank. :)

[IMG139]http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn62/kirkeastment/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-03/272686FB-6618-4F9A-9686-9F09C05BF54D_zpswoigidaq.jpg[/IMG139]
[IMG139]http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn62/kirkeastment/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-03/83F06855-1B6B-4D99-BB1E-EC5C894E3E35_zps4f8l1ckz.jpg[/IMG139]
[IMG139]http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn62/kirkeastment/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-03/E0341975-BC65-4762-AEDE-9EEF70A7B4F5_zpsnsti2xar.jpg[/IMG139]

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Good idea, I'd go insane trying to go for a single shiny for months. Or maybe you guys have something I don't.

Eh, you know what? Maybe I'll just have a break for a while. Play my Alpha Sapphire through without worrying about all this

Golden_Arcanine

Been working on MMing for a shiny Fennekin, and I'm pretty sure I'm close to 500 eggs. Would love for the stupid thing to show up soon, but I'm starting to lose hope which isn't good. I got lucky on my last hunt since it took less than 150 eggs. Might take a break from it to work on my X file, and probably SR using the Eon Ticket for a shiny Latias.

TheMaster327

Now at 5,400 for Shaymin. Got my first day off in 6 days tomorrow, so can expect to get close to 7k by the end of that day. Hopefully sparkles will fly before then though...

SlowPokeBroKing

Future Gym Leader
Been working on hatching a shiny Porygon for a bit now. I don't have nearly as much work ethic as you guys because I am only at 7 boxes full and dreading every second of it. Wish I still had my Shiny Charm from Y. I've been thinking about taking a break from hatching for a bit to complete the Pokedex on OR. Anyways, good luck to all the shiny hunters.

LilyValley

Useless Sceptile
I have been focusing a lot today on getting shiny Cresselia and it paid off! Shiny Cresselia in Omega Ruby! Bold synchronize failed but it happens to be Timid, which is good. Perfect IVs in Attack, Defense and Special Attack. I will probably go after Eon Ticket Latias next.

PegasusxSeiya

Shiny Hunter
I finally fished myself up a shiny Horsea yesterday! Took me almost 2 hours, and I ended up catching 3 shiny Wailmer before Horsea decided to shine.
And while I was IV breeding some Gastly one of them decided to hatch shiny for me, 31 IV in SpAtk/SpD/Spe which was even cooler. I've only ever successfully hatched one other shiny before. And that was completely unintended when I was breeding for a HA Abra for my team- the very first egg I hatched came out shiny, male, Timid, AND with HA. A happy surprise.

I think I'll try some hoard hunting next and see who I can find.

Edit: Tried hoard encounter for a Bagon but ended up with shiny Zubat. Still good, since I hadn't caught one yet. I've spent over 4 hours chain fishing for a Barboach and it still won't shine for me :/
Edit 2: Still no Barboach, moved on for a bit and found a Swablu. Now working on Spinda- then Skarmory.

Last edited:

Cpchris

Shiny Hunter
Congrats to 2rsa on Rhyhorn, wobbanut on Skorupi and Trubbish, LilyValley on Skarmory, MorganNAL on Zekrom, cryuel on Kyurem, Twilit Dragoon on Entei, darkpaladin2015 on Growlithe, Westeros on Torchic, taufik386 on Sigilyph, Cyberra on Tepig, Sito on Cresselia, maskofsanity1998 on Mawile, Kingzard on Treecko, LilyValley on Cresselia, PegasusxSeiya on Gastly, and everyone else on your shinies!

-----------

OHMIGOD. Ohhhh wow. I can’t believe it! I’m so happy right now! I honestly thought it would take way longer. But after 4,227 REs and on the 27th RE of the day, I finally found a shiny Scyther! This hunt took a total of 8 phases and 64,277 REs (which averages just under odds/phase at 8,034 REs). This was also my first target since finding my last target on my Platinum BQ, so I’ve been hunting this since mid-April of last year.

[IMG200] http://i.imgur.com/PLK3Xo9.jpg[/IMG200]

Female (would have preferred Male, but Female doesn’t bother me either…Kind of a Samus Aran vibe!), Jolly (Scizor’s speed is bad, but since it’s only in-game battling, I’d rather it be neutral or get a boost in Atk. or Speed, and lower Sp. Atk., so I’m pretty happy with this nature), Impetuous and Silly, Swarm ability (would have liked Technician…), and her IVs aren’t great but also not awful: 10 – 17 – 9 – 18 – 11 – 27.

I’m just so happy with this shiny…Been a while since a shiny’s had me this excited ;) And I was so busy trying to finish leveling Gyarados to 100 today (which I did, among other things), that I only left myself enough time for 100 REs before work, which I intended to do mainly just to finally push my HeartGold game into becoming my 2nd longest hunt (which I did, 7 REs before finding Scyther!). I’m glad I’ll finally be able to leave this area (though I also kind of want to target a Machop now at some point as long as I have 2/3 in the line…). And this long hunt definitely gave me enough of a break from main SR hunts, so my next target will likely be Dialga, which I’m looking forward to (and unlike Scyther, has a 100% appearance rate ;) ).

And given how difficult Scyther is to find, I’m not going to try to find a second one to complete the line or to try to hope for a better one. Maybe one day, but probably not any time soon. So she’s now a gorgeous Scizor! Also, this was a Pi Day shiny. Not much of a ‘holiday’ but I suppose given how rare they are for me, at least this is a notable once-in-a-lifetime type of day ;) And the bright green/orange fits an Irish theme for St. Patrick’s Day weekend!

And since I waited long enough to post this, I have the video ready here :p

Also, my Black 2 game passed 200k REs a few days ago!

Good luck, everyone (especially markasdarkas, RaichuArcanine, pokemaster13, Tina, jrmftw, Lorde, Keane, Shy, Ruru_star, Roseheart95, skilax1234, and Lunafloon)!

maldoror

It's been quite some time since my last post. Congrats to all on your recent shinies (especially Cpchris on Scyther!) and good luck on your ongoing hunts!

I've been switching up my hunts lately; mostly out of boredom. I found a shiny Azelf last week on OR. MMed a shiny Tepig on Saturday, which is something I have tried multiple times since my original black version. He came out with his HA, but the nature was modest. He's still awesome.

While training Tepig, I found a shiny Shuppet in a horde.

Yesterday, I decided to try reviving fossils for the first time. I collected 60 various fossils via rock smash and set to reviving/SRing. On the 321st fossil, Archen shined! This was my target, so I was pretty thrilled. It's overall potential is decent, but I still love that little green bird. I had tried unsuccessfully to MM Archen previously,, so I am really happy to finally have one.

I am currently trying to MM Treecko; another longtime target that I have never obtained.

EDIT!! Treecko shined!! She is neutral natured with outstanding potential (max HP, AT, SpAT, and SPD IVS). Could not be happier! Now to MM Oshawott.

Last edited: