• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

darkpaladin2015

Shiny Hunter
Blanket congratulations to everyone's shinies since my last post :)

On Monday I managed to get my shiny Purugly, who is now a clever master rank star :)

Minutes ago I hunted down an awesome purple Darmanitan. A shiny I've wanted for a while.

Have no idea what to hunt next...kind of want to give hunting a small break and actually play through a game. Might play Platinum.

Good luck to current hunts.

Growlie19

Congrats to everyone on their new shinies.

I was breeding some Bidoof for Wonder Trade Wednesday (don't worry, they're in the top percentage of Bidoof) and the 86th one was shiny! I named him Agent 007 after the TPP Bibarel from Platinum. He has 5 perfect IVs (missing special defense), has the Simple ability, and was bred with Curse, Double-Edge, Quick Attack, and Aqua Tail. It's oddly satisfying knowing I have one of the best Bidoof around, unless someone else was crazy enough to breed good IVs on one.

Good luck to everyone currently hunting!

Kingzard

Shiny Hunter
I'm gonna ask a dumb question here -

I know when the battery dies in RSE, you cannot SR shiny starters like you would on any other game. Does this happen in FRLG as well?
I thought I knew the answer but I would like to just make sure. I'm trying for Charmander atm and I do not want to waste my time. xD

Cyberra

pain in the ***
I'm gonna ask a dumb question here -

I know when the battery dies in RSE, you cannot SR shiny starters like you would on any other game. Does this happen in FRLG as well?
I thought I knew the answer but I would like to just make sure. I'm trying for Charmander atm and I do not want to waste my time. xD

I think it's been said before that FRLG don't have internal batteries; they don't have time-based stuff like RSE do. I could be wrong, though.

*ahem*

Shiny meditite after 292 REs in the other fighting safari! She's female, lax natured, and mischievous, with her HA, Telepathy, and max stats in DEF and SpATK. I'm going to go evolve her into medicham.

[img139]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Primus001/Shiny%20Pokemon/picture%207561_zpswgzsvhr6.jpg[/img139]

Terrakion is at 3,000 SRs and counting. Archen is at 85 eggs.

Edit: I was training a shiny zorua that one of my friends traded me in SpATK with vanillite hordes at Frost Cavern when a horde of smoochum appeared and one sparkled at me. She's Hasty and takes plenty of siestas, with the ability Oblivious. I'll evolve her to jynx once I'm finished with zoroark.

[img139]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Primus001/Shiny%20Pokemon/picture%207566_zpswwpbvfes.jpg[/img139]

Last edited:

Takeshii

Congrats to all the recent shinies! :) It's lovely seeing efforts pay off. Especially those shiny legendaries, can't wait to get the Shiny Charm in OR so I can start soft resetting for those. For now I'll have to be contend with regular Pokemon.

I tried horde encounters and chain fishing today. Ended up with most success in fishing where I ended up with a shiny Gyarados and Basculin. I wasn't sure I was chaining correctly.

TheMaster327

8,400 Shaymin now, and really starting to hate this hunt, despite the fact that the RAs are so quick. I just hope it doesn't go too far over odds...

Zero1999

Been awhile but i managed to find a Shiny Latios in Alpha Sapphire on my birthday, thankfully Synch worked so its Timid with 31 ivs in Speed, Defense and Special defense

LilyValley

Useless Sceptile
I started hunting Eon Ticket Latias yesterday and I've been making good progress. I'm at at least 1,200 encounters for Latias, I am not counting exactly how much. I was using the Pokédex to track my encounters, and seeing how long it took to get 100 more, I should be somewhere around that number.

Kingzard

Shiny Hunter
OMG YES IT'S POSSIBLE.

[IMG300]http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp44/Kitsuneii/pokemon/20150318_222949_zpsb1t2vel7.jpg[/IMG300]

A dream shiny of mine. Kanto-born charmander *dreamy sigh* he's here!
1,751 SRs. Been trying for a bit, sorta thought maybe it wasn't possible. But...yeah...im soooo happy I cant even

Used gameboy player for the gamecube to SR on, a lot easier to see than a small SP screen.

Cpchris

Shiny Hunter
Congrats to Shiny Lord on Registeel, llr on Totodile, Cyberra on Abra, Keovix on Tornadus, Shiny Lord on Chespin (happy birthday!), darkpaladin2015 on Purugly and Darmanitan, Growlie19 on Bidoof, Zero1999 on Latios (another happy birthday!), Kingzard on Charmander, and everyone else on your shinies!

Thanks for the congrats, skilax1234 :)

-----------

ANOTHER ONE! I know some people are used to getting shinies regularly, but I am not one of those people :D So I’m super happy to say that I’ve ended my 2nd longest hunt after 29,331 Headbutts, on my 131st encounter of the day, I found a second Shiny Aipom! Since it’s a duplicate though, it won’t count towards my BQ. (That’s 3 duplicates during this BQ…I suppose technically I’ve found enough shinies to be done :p).

[IMG200]http://i.imgur.com/3JvbGsP.jpg[/IMG200]

As most of you know, I’ve become pretty fond of completing evolutionary lines, rather than just getting one shiny per line. And given that Aipom is not only has a nice shiny color, but is also pretty hard to find in 4th/5th gen (only by using Honey Trees on Platinum or Headbutting on HG), I’m SO glad I was lucky enough to find a second one. I didn’t know if I’d have it in me to go back and try to find another one if I found Heracross first.

This one is male, Hasty, Thoroughly cunning, Run Away (kinda wanted one of them to have pickup, but oh well!), and has the IVs: 15 – 20 – 6 – 22 – 3 – 10. Not the greatest, but at least Attack isn’t awful, and it has a Speed boosting nature…So this one will become Ambipom!

And now I’m leaving Azalea Town and will head to Route 7 (or a similar Route, but I like the look of this best). As neat of a shiny as Aipom is, there’s not really any point in finding more than 2 if I can find a different pokemon. So since the Kanto routes have Combee instead of Aipom in trees with Heracross, I may as well go there (and hope for a 12.5% female if one does shine – though one male is okay, too!). Phase 4 begins!

Good luck, everyone (especially markasdarkas, RaichuArcanine, pokemaster13, Tina, jrmftw, Lorde, Keane, Shy, Ruru_star, Roseheart95, RedJirachi, skilax1234, and Lunafloon)!

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Okay

If any of you has a suggestion for the April CH, you can PM me now :D

On the 23rd I'll reveal all the suggestion I've received via PM, and give you all a week to decide which one you want. The option with the most vote will become April's CH.

By the way, Registeel is now my longest hunt in OR, exceeding two weeks. I wonder when it will shine, I still have Regirock and my MM waiting xD

Keovix

Congrats to Shiny_Lord on Chespin, darkpaladin2015 on Purugly and Darmanitan, Growlie19 on Bidoof, Zero1999 on Latios, Kingzard on Charmander, Cpchris on Aipom and everyone else on your shinies :)

Ho-Oh shone, another extremely short hunt, this OR game so far has been amazing, didn't realize Ho-Oh had 20 PP total 'cos I False Swiped it, luckily it was caught after a few tries with a Luxury Ball (1 HP and Asleep plus the Capture O-Power I sent from AS), Ho-Oh has Adamant nature and perfect IV's in Attack, Defense and Sp.Attack, the other IV's are good aswell: 26-27 in HP, 24-25 in Sp.Defense and 28-29 in Speed.

Gonna start hunting Landorus in OR since I have both Thundurus and Tornadus, I'm still hunting Dialga in AS.

Good luck to everyone on your current hunts! :)

Prince Umbreon

Starfish and Coffee
After spending so much time on Eevee and Kabuto (neither one of which decided to shine after 3-4 weeks), I took a break from hunting for the last month, instead just breeding and taking my time filling out the Dex. Still a decent way to go before I get the shiny charm though.

I think my frustration at my last hunts has worn off by now, so soon I should be able to restart my hunt for Eevee at least. Plus with the new CH coming up, I wanna see what snazzy shinies I can aim for this time, hopefully with better luck than last month, lol. I'm kinda tempted to try for shiny Kyurem and Reshiram, but I think I'll just start off slow with Eevee first.

Congrats on everyone's newest shinies!

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Well, I had a better week this time for shinies.

First, since I hadn't had a fishing chain shiny in OR and needed a break from that darn desert (I'm trying hard for cacnea, and the DexNav is really hard to use there -_- ), so I decided to fish outside of Fallarbor Town. In, like, 7 casts I got a shiny goldeen. I thought it looked a little orange at first, and there was a delay, and then I saw the sparkles. :)

Then on another break from the desert I did a DexNav chain just down the road from the fishing spot, and found a shiny swablu within 100 pokemon. Sweet. :)

Now I'm just hoping for a koffing from Black 2 or cacnea from OR, then maybe later I'll do chimecho. Yeah, I'm on a James kick right now. :)

Crimson Penguin

Marchin' on
Congrats to everyone on your recent shinies, especially Cpchris on that long-awaited Scyther!

I haven't been here in far too long because of finals, but they're over now, so I'll be hunting a lot more regularly (for the next couple of weeks, anyway). Since the last time I posted, I've managed to reach 6400 SRs for Reshiram, 4000 REs on Route 8, 300 SRs for Lapras, and 330 eggs for Noibat. Will definitely be working some more on those over the weekend - hopefully I'll be able to snag at least one shiny before the end of this month. : D

Good luck to all of you on your hunts!

shadowF

hey guys can I have some advice? I have been soft resetting for my shiny latios in omega ruby since January and it still has not shined. It takes like four minutes per soft reset but it has been happening for way too long. Should I quit or do you guys think sooner or later the shiny latios from Omega ruby will come shiny? Also any advice on how to get through this difficult process to keep me sane? Thanks!

Last edited:

Cyberra

pain in the ***
hey guys can I have some advice? I have been soft resetting for my shiny latios in omega ruby since January and it still has not shined. It takes like four minutes per soft reset but it has been happening for way too long. Should I quit or do you guys think sooner or later the shiny latios from Omega ruby will come shiny? Also any advice on how to get through this difficult process to keep me sane? Thanks!

Don't give up! That shiny can't hide from you forever. I've had some excruciatingly long hunts as well, but I have always gotten my shiny in the end.

Second shiny meditite found in the fighting safari at 257 REs. This one is a male, lonely nature and capable of taking hits, with Pure Power. I'm going to train him as an attacker and send him over to AS. Next one I find gets WT'ed.

Terrakion is at 3,400 SRs. Archen is at 200 eggs.

Edit: Shiny archen hatched from egg 234! I named him Daybreak because the yellow and orange remind me of a summer dawn sky, and sort of because he's the first bird, the dawn of the line of birds. So meh. He's Jolly-natured and takes plenty of siestas, with Defeatist. I'm going to train him, then evolve him.

[img139]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Primus001/Shiny%20Pokemon/picture%20173_zpsglfupevo.jpg[/img139]

Next MM target will be contrary snivy, to complete the Unova starter trio.

Last edited:

RedJirachi

Veteran member
After a mere 586 soft resets, I possess a shiny Cresselia. If I can get the event item somehow, I'll go after an OR Latias

Paraqua

Beginning Trainer
Congrats to Kingzard with Charmander, CPchris with a second Aipom, Keovix with Ho-Oh, Wobbanut with Goldeen and Swablu, Cyberra with Meditite and Archen and RedJirachi with Cresselia

I gave the Masuda Method another chance and this time I've been breeding Chatot for nearly a week. Last night, after about 490-ish eggs, a shiny Chatot popped from it's egg. It's a female which I nicknamed Isabella.

Nature: Bashful
Characteristics: Capable of taking hits
IV's: 31/31/31/X/31/31
Moves:
- Taunt
- Peck
- Night Shade
- Boomburst
Abillity: Tangled Feet

Good luck to LilyValley with Latias, Shine with Registeel, Keovix with Landorus and Dialga, Wobbanut with Koffing and Cacnea, Crimson Penguin with Reshiram, Lapras and Noibat, ShadowF with Latios, Cyberra with Snivy and RedJirachi with Latias.

taufik386

yesterday i decided to continue SRing Landorus. And 4 SRs later, its shiny showed up. make total 964 SRs.
adamant sync failed, got lonely instead :D

other news are MMing cyndaquil and mienfoo, and hunting eon ticket Latias too.
Cyndaquil reached 960 eggs and Mienfoo reached 360 eggs.
still no shine from both of them. i think cyndaquil really hate me LOL.
Latias reached 720RAs and still counting.

congrats everyone on your recent shinies and good luck on your current hunting