• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

CreeperNinjaGamer

Warlord of Shinies
Oh my gosh, this is just amazing. I was breeding HA Zigzagoon for a friend with a random Japanese Zigzagoon, and guess who decides to shine? Das' right, shiny Ziggy over here. Named her Worth, because she is a regional rodent worth something. 24 EGGS HATCHED.

May begin a reclaim hunt for a Shellos East Sea, why did I have to lose that Platinum file~

LilyValley

Useless Sceptile
I've reached 2,200 runaways for Latias, at least. I'm halfway up to the odds, hopefully I'll get that gold dragon relatively soon. I still have to find shiny Groudon on SoulSilver.

I hunted Groudon over the course of a month and I wasn't able to find it, I really hope that finishes quickly too. I now have a legitimate Sapphire, and when I've made it to the Cave of Origin and Sky Pillar, I'll get shiny Kyogre and Rayquaza since I don't have Heartgold.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
THIRD shiny meditite pulled from the fighting safari at 550 encounters. A female, adamant natured and somewhat vain, with Pure Power. Think I'll keep this one and trade off the lonely one I caught yesterday. She has max IVs in ATK and SpDEF. Low HP stat, though, but meh. I can work on that.

Terrakion remains at 3,400 SRs; I didn't get a chance to SR hunt today. Snivy is at 15 eggs.

Shiny Lord

After 195 eggs shiny Abra hatched. Its male and has lonely nature.(not sure if thats good or not). I have shiny charm and it was in my Omega Ruby.

Keovix

Congrats to wobbanut on Goldeen and Swablu, Cyberra on Meditite and Archen, RedJirachi on Cresselia, Paraqua on Chatot, taufik386 on Landorus, CreeperNinjaGamer on Zigzagoon, Poképro1992 on Ho-Oh and Shiny Lord on Abra :)

Dialga shone in AS, same strategy as with other legendaries, caught it with a Dive Ball, Modest nature sync didn't work and Dialga has Serious nature with perfect IV's in HP, Def and Sp.Def.

I already started hunting Giratina, have a regular Palkia along with shiny Dialga to make the tear appear once again, my hunting team this time includes a Girafarig with the moves Odor Sleuth and Baton Pass, so Haxorus can False Swipe once it decides to shine, still hunting Landorus in OR.

Good luck to everyone on your current hunts! :)

Last edited:

SoulSilver Eric

Finally got a Shiny Aron after 627 encounters (most from horde both pre and post shiny charm). Female, with a Careful nature and Rockhead, nicknamed Erza. Additionally before that encounter, I encountered a Shiny Kricketune on Mirage Mountain and fished up a Shiny Carvanha when looking for a female Feebas. In Y, I encountered a Shiny Pachirsu via Friend Safarai.

Congrats too everyone for there most recent shiny. Also, question, did they change the shiny rate for ORAS? I've encountered atleast 3 shiny's before I even beat the 8th gym and got my shiny charm.

Pluski

Congratulations on all new shinies!

I have been quite busy this week, so Registeel is only at 610 SR's so far. In other words, I probably have a lot of resets left to do before I get a green one. Since this is my 7th legendary hunt in a row, I might continue my Treecko MM after I finish this hunt while deciding on which legendary to hunt after I get this one.

Good luck to everyone!

ShiningKnightXY

<----Newest Shiny
Decided to return to my Azelf SR hunt in ORAS. Wish me luck.

Congrats to SoulSilver Eric on Aron, Keovix on Dialga, Shiny Lord on Abra, and Cyberra on tje better Meditite and Archen, CpChris on Aipom, andand Kingzard on Charmander. Good luck to everyone and especially LilyValley and Shine.

Takeshii

hey guys can I have some advice? I have been soft resetting for my shiny latios in omega ruby since January and it still has not shined. It takes like four minutes per soft reset but it has been happening for way too long. Should I quit or do you guys think sooner or later the shiny latios from Omega ruby will come shiny? Also any advice on how to get through this difficult process to keep me sane? Thanks!
1) get Shiny Charm.
2) resume soft resetting.
3) profit.

Vale_Star

Shiny Huntress
I have never SR'd for any shinies (mostly because I'm impatient and get irritated quickly), most were completely random in X and Y, and one very lucky fishing expo (no chaining there) in OR got me a gold Magikarp. My most recent is a Shiny female HA Dusclops from one of my Ghost safaris and a GTS traded lvl 100 Shiny Mawile. I think my RNG rate in X and Y must be set high for me to pull off getting so many shinies in the Safaris I've collected.

Supremacy

Shiny Hunter
1) get Shiny Charm.
2) resume soft resetting.
3) profit.

He's SRing for the storyline Latios.. shiny charm isn't an option in this case.

@shadowf I wouldn't recommend anyone to give up on a hunt but I've never experienced a SR hunt like yours. 4 mins per soft reset is crazy and I could only imagine dat stuggle, but if you really want it, keep going, it WILL shine eventually. but tbh if I was you I would just get my hands on a copy of Black 2 and SR latios on that.

Sutittaja

Lightning zebra
Today was good day for me. First, my sister found random shiny Misdreavus while looking for good IV's. After catching it, we saw that it had Memento which freak us out a little. :)

Then, my sister was little down, so I decided to hunt for shiny Luxio for her, since Luxray is her favorite pokemon. After about 50 encouters, golden Luxio shined on my screen. She had Brave nature, Ice Fang as special move and Intimidate as ability. Her IV's are pretty sucky, so she is going to be trophy shiny.

After getting Luxio I decided to try my luck on Absol. After only 20 encouters later red Absol appeared. He has Hasty nature, Disable as special move and pretty good IV's, so he even could become competitive pokemon.

Few days ago, I found shiny Doduo in X in Friend safari.
Then I got shiny Mudkip with adamant nature and 6IV's and lv 100 shiny Pikachu holding Light ball and 6IV's from Wonder Trade.

EDIT: Just got shiny Wailmer via chain fishing. Jolly with Oblivious nature and pretty crappy IV's.

Last edited:
Hey guys, congrats to all of the new shiny pokemon, and good luck to everyone....
i thought i finished training and ev training my pokemon so i went and hatched about 60 eggs, but i forgot about 6 so i went back to horde train one and... shiny gligar! sadly no ha, but still a cool looking shiny pokemon... also still have alot of pokemon to train so yeah...

JohnNiles

It's been a month since I SR'ed my last shiny legendary. I did have some success before that, but the latest hunt is putting up a fight. I've mostly been working on Giratina in ORAS. I could pick a non-soaring legendary, but I would then go back to Giratina anyway, so I figured I might as well stick with it. When I'm really bored, I try REing on mirage islands, but I get bored quickly. Dexnaving doesn't go well for me. I did a little breeding and safari hunting, but I can't say the results were that great.

I've also done a little dual SRing for Kyogre and Giratina in Gen IV games.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Together with the horde encounters that I did two days ago and this morning, I've done at least 200 in total these past few days. I did another 65 soft resets for my Shiny Reshiram hunt in OmegaRuby as well, which I'll be postponing until Tuesday. Anyway, congratulations to Cpchris and others. :)

razor fire

I did it! I finally did it! After three months of shiny drought I have finally found my shiny zekrom! :D shiny zekrom.jpg
I have no idea how many SRs there were, but there was way too many for sure. I'm just overjoyed right now :p

EDIT:
OMG! Decided to go RA for a shiny Latios and figured I would need a timid synchronizer. Literally five minutes after zekrom shone I find a shiny Ralts on Route 102. It's naughty natured and has trace, but I think it will make a decent Gallade anyway :D

Last edited:

Shiny Lord

So Crescent Isle finally appeared for the first time ever today. I decided to hunt for shiny Cresselia. And guess what decided to grace my screen. I couldn't believe it. Another shiny legendary. IV's are as follows.

#488 Cresselia [Modest]
IVs: 31 / 14, 15 / 30, 31 / 12, 13 / 30, 31 / 10, 11
Stats at Lv.50: 195 / 73 / 140 / 94 / 150 / 95

LilyValley

Useless Sceptile
I calculated what my encounters per hour should be, and I'm at far more than I thought. 3,200+ encounters for Latias. That's close to the actual odds, I haven't been hunting it for a week and it's already getting on my nerves. I just need it to appear soon.

I calculated what my encounters per hour should be, and I'm at far more than I thought. 3,200+ encounters for Latias. That's close to the actual odds, I haven't been hunting it for a week and it's already getting on my nerves. I just need it to appear soon.

I know how you feel, I am at 10,600 RAs for Latios. So sick of it.
In other news I finished my first ever national dex in Y! I am gonna finish my MM Fletchling hunt now and restart the number of eggs because I was at over 3000