• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Okay so I had taken a week off my Shiny horde hunt in Y version and resumed that today. I did around 65 encounters, but no luck finding a Shiny thus far. I also did 70 soft resets for my Shiny Rayquaza hunt on Ruby as well, with no luck either. Congrats to others on their new Shinies though.

SkyTheAbsol

Dark-Type Fanatic
Hoo boy, Sableye can learn Trick. Been meaning to hatch a shiny anyways (I tried before and gave up after 400 or so eggs), so... challenge accepted (again)!

ShiningKnightXY

<----Newest Shiny
Ooh, I forgot Azelf and the other Lake Guardians could learn Trick through tutor. Definitely going to focus on those 3 for now
Azelf is at about 1750 srs right now, but I never know when my shinies pop up so I wont dwell on it. Anyways, back to hunting.

BritishLanguage

I enjoy earth day
After a month of on-and-off competitive shiny hunting (completed the dex in the middle because i was getting tired) and about 700 eggs, I've finally got a shiny Gligar. Right ability, only Speed's not flawless. I'm so happy. Yes, this picture was taken by a potato.

[img139]http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/britishlanguage/BUSHDID911_zpseb387qtg.jpg[/img139]

Prince Umbreon

Starfish and Coffee
About to resume my ridiculously arduous hunt for Eevee. After that's taken care of (or I just get sick of it), I'll try for some of the following for the CH:

Darkrai on Platinum
Sentret or Pumpkaboo on XY
Zorua, Ralts, or Xatu on ORAS

Decisions decisions...

Twilit Dragoon

*omnious thunderstorm*
Congrats to Sito, taufik386, Aesnath, TheEliteEmpoleon, Demonslayer492, nickM, Paraqua, 2rsa, Y-Pestis, Ampharos_Spark, Razorbadger, Shine, BritishLanguage, and anyone I missed on their new shinies.

Well I never hatched a second shiny Snivy in the last 4 boxes of eggs, so I decided that I was going to go back to Suicune. While looking through my boxes, I realized that I did not have a Bold synchronizer, so I started hunting for a bunch of Synchronizer Ralts using the Dexnav. I wasn't hunting for a shiny one, I just didn't feel like breeding more eggs :p. I was distracted trying to get something to work, so I walked into the grass and heard sparkles:

[img139]http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t237/Storm_Dragoon/ASOR/IMG_0283_zpstx5yfsbj.jpg[/img139]

And glanced down to see this shiny male Ralts! I was totally floored, I wasn't even hunting for a shiny. I had a bit of a panic as I didn't know if Ralts had Teleport at that level, so I just threw a Quick Ball and got it.

More pics:

Nickname screen
Shiny Ralts
Trainer ID/Hidden Ability get!
Hasty nature

I wasn't expecting to get this shiny tonight, but I'm glad I got something today. He ended up getting its Hidden Ability and he also has flawless HP. I'm not quite sure what I'm going to do with it, but for now, I'm going to focus on my shiny Suicune hunt. I'm hoping that the Bold synchronizer works with Suicune, never had much luck getting Raikou or Entei with the natures I wanted.

Going to try and get up to 200 Suicune SRs tonight, then go to bed. See you guys next time :).

Cyberra

pain in the ***
My first shiny of April is a shiny cottonee. She's lonely-natured, and has the ability Prankster, appropriately enough XD I was not hunting for IVs or natures with this hunt but she got 3IVs anyway: ATK, DEF, and SpDEF.

[img139]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Primus001/Shiny%20Pokemon/picture%20196_zpsfelcc9fx.jpg[/img139]

After trolling hordes on Route 18 for two hours, I have obtained a female White Smoke heatmor and will proceed to breed it shiny. What would be a good nature for a heatmor?

Terrakion is at 7,200 SRs. If my one-legendary-per-month lucks holds up I should get it sometime this month (I got virizion in January, cresselia in February, and kyurem in March), but all good things must eventually come to an end so I'm not really expecting it to. Will be very pleasantly surprised if it does, though!

Last edited:

razor fire

... By the way, I got an April Fool shiny :D ...

Congratulations to everyone on their shinies! :D

And congratulations to you too, Shine! :D
Seems like I shared some of your april fools' luck! 11106250_1120837841276101_1070859765_n.jpg

It's been a very lucky week for me. I managed to get a shiny regirock on monday, and yesterday I found a shiny registeel after only 8 hours of SRing! Unfortunately, synchronizer failed for both but I don't really mind as long as they're shiny :D
I am now currently hunting shiny regice. I feel like this hunt will require more of my attention as shiny regice looks a lot like regular regice

maldoror

Congrats to all on your recent shinies and good luck on your ongoing hunts.

I have now surpassed 7,000 Omanytes seen without a shiny. This is with the shiny charm. Oh well, time to SR and check another 30.

taufik386

congrats everyones on your recent shinies and good luck on your current hunting

just hatched shiny Oshawott after 425 eggs.
it has its HA and perfect IV spread too, missing in ATK :D

not sure what to breed next after oshawott. maybe mime jr for CH

reshiram and dialga reached 450 SRs and still counting, rogenrolla is at 720 eggs :(

Liltwick

Just your Sleepy FIzzy Mod
Grants everyone on recent shinies. Was hunting in a dragon safari today and got this guy in 64 encounters. I'm stoked, Fraxure is one of my favorite shinies.

[Spoil]
[IMGsize=]http://i1144.photobucket.com/albums/o487/CandleReaper/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20150402_091408382_HDR_zpsfp5l2xzq.jpg[/IMGsize] [/spoil]

Update: Got a second safari shiny today. Phantump at 50 encounters, and since she can learn Trick, Community Hunt complete!

[Spoil][imgsize=]http://i1144.photobucket.com/albums/o487/CandleReaper/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20150402_105703998_HDR_zpskuxi2a2a.jpg[/IMGsize] [/spoil]

Last edited:

HM02gon

Waiting...
I'm not sure how to upload pictured

hatched a shiny Goomy after 60-something eggs. IVS in HP, SPA, and SPD. He didn't get his HA, which was pretty disappointing, but I finally have a gen 6 shiny.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
It's been another one of those weeks for me. First, while hunting outside the Village Bridge in White 2, hoping for a Seviper, I got a second shiny zangoose.

Then while hunting for yanma a few days later, I got my third shiny gurdurr. -_- I named him trolldur, because between him and nosepass in X I keep getting everything but yanma.

Finally, an hour later, I at least got something fresh in my Black 2 game: a shiny ditto. :D

Keovix

Congrats to Azulart on Nosepass, Meowth City on Latias and Feebas, Shiny Lord on Darumaka, Cyberra on Clamperl, Larvitar and Cottonee, taufik386 on Uxie, Ho-Oh and Oshawott, Phillies on Drifblim, Farfetch'd, Chansey, Gabite, Pansear, Dedenne, Gothorita, Doduo, Mudkip and Cobalion, Twilit Dragoon on Snivy and Ralts, Sito on Tepig, Mizz Nikki on Feebas, Aesnath on Phanpy and Zekrom, TheEliteEmpoleon on Regice and Reshiram, Demonslayer492 on Tyrunt, nickM on Lunatone, Paraqua on Piplup, 2rsa on Latios, Y-Pestis on Ralts, Ampharos_Spark on Doduo, Razorbadger on Whismur, maskofsanity1998 on Mudkip, Corsola and Sligoo, Shine on Registeel, BritishLanguage on Gligar, razor fire on Registee, Lost on Fraxure and Phantump, HM02gon on Goomy, wobbanut on Ditto, Gurdurr and Zangoose and everyone else on your shinies :)

Thanks to Cpchris, Aesnath, Ampharos_Spark and Razorbadger for the congrats!

So far no Registeel in AS and no Palkia in OR, haven't kept tracks of the SR's but in both cases I'm pretty sure they are above 4k SR's, have faith they will shine soon though.

I will also hunt Banette in Black2 Victory Road for the CH on an extra DS I have, maybe it ends up shinning before the two legendaries, will try to sync the Adamant nature.

EDIT
I've completed my CH. Banette shone in B2, I probably did around 500 RE's with the shiny charm, no battle this time since I didn't had a Pokémon with Odor Sleuth and Baton Pass, just made it sleep and after 4 Luxury Balls it was caught, sadly sync didn't work this time and instead of an Adamant nature I've got a Bold one, highest IV is Sp.Defense with 23-25, the rest are between 13 and 21.

Still hunting Registeel and Palkia in OR/AS. I'm also gonna do some RE's in HG/SS, hopefully Steelix shines.

Good luck to everyone on your current hunts! :)

Last edited:

Spacial

procrastination
Congrats to everyone on shinies and good luck with future hunts.

Hatched this little guy this morning, Chimchar was my first starter and its evolution line has always been my favourite so idk, sentiment.

FMzLsFGl.jpg

razor fire

Started up X last night to check out some of the new friend safaries I've gotten, and the first pokemon that pops up is a shiny Delibird! :D
Naughty natured and with vital spirit. Haven't checked the IVs yet. 11134362_1121948814498337_1451019343_n.jpg

taufik386

i completed my CH. Shiny Mime Jr just hatched after 99 eggs.
it's a male and got technician ability.
got 3IV in ATK, Sp. ATK and Speed, cause i want to get specific nature,
so i have to give up destiny knot.

next breeding, i think i want to go for another baby pokemon, like mantyke or bonsly

Rogenrolla reached 840 eggs and still refuse to shine.
Reshiram and Dialga reached 600 SRs.

congrats everyone on your recent shinies and good luck on your current hunting

ohjeezitskim

Ughh, Snivy STILL refuses to shiny. I'm nearly at 1,500 eggs for this little demon ;-;
Hatched 120 yesterday. Collecting 30-40 today, since I collected 60 yesterday, then have to work an HA request
It's about 15 pokemon, so who wants to bet that if my Shiny Snivy isn't in that batch of
90 that I'll get a shiny while hatching for HA pokemon for a trade?
I'm willing to say it will happen because my luck is rubbish (trubbish?)
I haven't gotten a shiny in over 1,500 eggs so I'm going to say the chance of a random shiny in that group of 15 in pretty darn high.

With my 90 eggs from today I'll be at 1,555 eggs (or 1,455 depending if I added the 100 or not from a while ago)
Anyway, good luck to everyone, special good luck to those people with long hunts going on!