• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

NitroLightningFlash

Hi everybody-i haven't posted on here in FOREVER-congratulations on all your recent shiny Pokemon ^^

In Omega Ruby i was soft-resetting for Latios (just to get max HP, Sp. Attack and Speed IV's)...but i 'accidentally' got a shiny Latios (though i wasn't looking for one as i haven't shiny hunted in so long now-over a year i'd say) after 50-100 soft resets...problem is even though he's the right nature i needed (Timid as i used a Synchroniser), his Speed lets him down as he has IV's of 30-31/30-31/31/30-31/30-31/4-6....so everything is good except for that (the most important stat to boot), which really sucks.

I know i'm really lucky to get a shiny at all when i wasn't even trying (they say the best shinies are the ones you don't expect; well today was definately one of those times haha) so i decided to keep him and i'll simply retry for him again when i hopefully get Alpha Sapphire next month (if i can somehow get an Eon Ticket).

EDIT: The picture will have to wait till tomorrow now as my camera STILL hasn't charged hardly at all...this is what i get though i presume; since the only time i ever used that specific camera was for the shiny hunts i used to do, like a year ago so really it's a miracle it's even still working 3l

Either way; it should definately be up tomorrow-and good luck on your hunts everyone!

Here he is ^^

pokemon_omega_ruby_shiny__1_shiny_latios__d_by_crescentsparkle-d8oceel.png

I haven't trained him yet so his IV's aren't definate, but as i said earlier; it looks like they are:
30-31/30-31/31/30-31/30-31/4-6 (i'll edit when i've raised him a couple of levels and i know for sure...but if it really is 5IV, i was even luckier so i really can't complain about the Speed haha)

His actual stats are (if you can't quite see) :

HP: 97
Attack: 61
Defense: 62
Sp. Attack: 92
Sp. Defense: 80
Speed: 79

Above all i'm pretty happy that i have found a shiny Pokemon for the first time in over a year (since i kind of gave it up...). I'm not sure if i'll start shiny hunting again though, since i only got Latios by chance.

P:S-The last picture of Latios looks bad as my stupid camera was too slow to catch it in time haha xD

Last edited:

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Rogenrolla reached 840 eggs and still refuse to shine.

Good luck with that roggenrola... I bred for it once, in Black 2, and it took me 7,029 eggs to get the little bugger. Hopefully it's more cooperative for you!

After the daily running around in the friend safari, I decided to head over to route 21 and do some chain fishing looking for basculin. I'm using the good rod to hopefully avoid Final Gambit, which it learns at lvl 50. I've hunted it here before but got poliwhirl instead.

After several broken chains and two hours of trying, I finally got a good chain going. And after 193 casts, I got... another freaking poliwhirl XP Third one from this route. C'mon, basculin!

Did not bother to check poliwhirl's nature or ability; I just dumped it straight into wonder trade.

Terrakion is at 7,900 SRs. Heatmor is at 400 eggs.

taufik386

Good luck with that roggenrola... I bred for it once, in Black 2, and it took me 7,029 eggs to get the little bugger. Hopefully it's more cooperative for you!

After the daily running around in the friend safari, I decided to head over to route 21 and do some chain fishing looking for basculin. I'm using the good rod to hopefully avoid Final Gambit, which it learns at lvl 50. I've hunted it here before but got poliwhirl instead.

After several broken chains and two hours of trying, I finally got a good chain going. And after 193 casts, I got... another freaking poliwhirl XP Third one from this route. C'mon, basculin!

Did not bother to check poliwhirl's nature or ability; I just dumped it straight into wonder trade.

Terrakion is at 7,900 SRs. Heatmor is at 400 eggs.

now it reached 900 eggs.
cyndaquil is my longest MM breeding for now (1700++).
i hope rogenrolla doesn't follow his track :D

good luck to you too on basculin, terrakion and heatmor.

Iwanuq

Iwan
Hey everyone!
It's been a very long time since I posted!
I've gotten a lot of horde shinies, kind of to many to name at the time.
But lately I've been working on masuda Methoding Lileep, the first five boxes I didn't realize I was using two japanese pokes, and then I switched out one of the parents and I've now put away ten boxes I hope to get a shiny here soin! Good luck to all those hunting!

RaichuArcanine

Hunting Sparkles
Hey guys! Congrats on all those wonderful shinies! Well, my Rufflet hunt is now on 3,500 RE's! I'm on break from college for Easter, so it's time to get a lot of hunting down! I'm aiming for 500 RE's a day. Best of luck to all :).
~RaichuArcanine~

Shiny Lord

COMMUNITY HUNT COMPLETE After 155 eggs shiny Rotom hatched. Since it can learn trick via move tutor it counts for this months community hunt. Lax nature.

Samus-Aran

Gardevoir Fanboy
Today I got very lucky while hunting for Legendaries, as a Shiny Regigigas showed up on my screen.

It even got the nature I was synching for. What I find funny is that I wasn't even trying to get him shiny. I only reset on him once because the nature didn't synch the 1st time. I'm pretty happy right now. :)

Cyberra

pain in the ***
After several hours of trying and soooooooo many broken chains (I really should not try chain fishing after I've just woken up; my reflexes take longer to wake up than the rest of me...) I got my shiny red-stripe basculin after only 51 casts. Just wish the blue-stripe version was available in Y...

[img139]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Primus001/Shiny%20Pokemon/picture%20197_zpsdpvw7rnw.jpg[/img139]

Terrakion is at 8,100 SRs. Would have done more but I got shanghaied for errands again XP

Heatmor is at 450 eggs.

The blue-strip version is available in Y but you need to use Super Rod.

I tried with the super rod but all I got was more red-striped ones... I'll have to go try again.

Edit: after 4,372 REs in a fighting safari, I have found a shiny sawk. He's hardy and takes plenty of siestas, with the ability Mold Breaker.

[img139]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Primus001/Shiny%20Pokemon/picture%20202_zpsj0tfjadl.jpg[/img139]

Edit #2: I moved over to route 16 to super rod fish for a blue basculin to go with my red one since apparently there are no blue basculin on route 21 no matter which rod I use. After 21 casts I got... a poliwhirl XP Promptly dumped into wonder trade. The hunt for the blue piranha continues.

Edit #3: ANOTHER poliwhirl after 9 casts XP. Go AWAY, poliwhirl!

Last edited:

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
After several hours of trying and soooooooo many broken chains (I really should not try chain fishing after I've just woken up; my reflexes take longer to wake up than the rest of me...) I got my shiny red-stripe basculin after only 51 casts. Just wish the blue-stripe version was available in Y...

Terrakion is at 8,100 SRs. Would have done more but I got shanghaied for errands again XP

Heatmor is at 450 eggs.

The blue-strip version is available in Y but you need to use Super Rod.

Anyway congratulations on your shiny red-strip basculin and good luck on both Terrakion and Heatmor.

Skylander Sylveon

Top Coordinator
Guess what I found in a certain Omega Ruby?! s:D

A shiny Gulpin! :p I named her Willow and I wasn't even searching for her! Slambamsicals!

I also found a shiny Ducklett in Pokemon X which I subsequently traded to my Omega Ruby file. :B The exact same Pokemon I was looking for, too! That was way back in last December but still, it was pretty exciting! I might even get into Shiny Hunting, with my luck ratio. >:^D

Meowth City

Staff member
[img300]http://i.imgur.com/9WoxTbl.jpg[/img300]
Community Hunt complete!

Shiny Shuppet appeared after 39 forced horde encounters.

Paraqua

Beginning Trainer
Congrats to all new shinies and good luck to all future shinies.

I just completed the longest masuda method hunt since I got my shiny charm.

After 349 eggs (last few shinies were all with in 150 eggs) , a beautiful shiny female Honedge popped up from her egg. Adamant nature with the abillity No Guard and Outstanding potential, she has 5 perfect IV's (Only missing out on ATK). I named her Erza, after Erza Scarlett from Fairy Tail.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
:D Easter shiny!

[img139]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Primus001/Shiny%20Pokemon/picture%20210_zpshopobgzs.jpg[/img139]

Shiny heatmor! She's rash-natured, capable of taking hits, and got her HA, White Smoke :D So happy. She hatched after 574 eggs.

Next target on my MM list is charmander, with egg moves and HA. Aiming for a timid nature.

Terrakion is now over Gen V odds at 8,420 SRs.

Last edited:

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
:D Easter shiny!

[img139]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Primus001/Shiny%20Pokemon/picture%20210_zpshopobgzs.jpg[/img139]

Shiny heatmor! She's rash-natured and got her HA, White Smoke :D So happy

Next target on my MM list is charmander, with egg moves and HA. Aiming for a timid nature.

Terrakion is now over Gen V odds at 8,420 SRs.

Congratulations on your Shiny Heatmor and good luck on Terrakion, Charmander, and Blue Strip Basculin. Also one place that does have Blue Strip Basculin is Couriway Town but again need to use Super Rod and a heads up is they have a low encounter rate like 3 out of 10 with the other being Poliwhril.

AceTrainerBen

Hey everyone, I caught a shiny female ralts without modifiers like shiny charm or chains. Just before wally caught his regular male ralts (mega gallade) and have decided to use for my first everplay through oras.

her stats are: 28/17/11/10/15/28. Hasty Nature + scatters things often..

Has anyone else ever done anything like this? she's not got the best iv's in the world and i wasn't planning on using gardevoir, but I thought it'd be cool to use against my in game rival if i gave her with reflect or will o wisp.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
So Friday evening I did another 70 or so horde encounters for my Shiny hunt in Y version, and I also did 90 soft resets in total for my Shiny Rayquaza hunt on Ruby version last night and part of this morning. By the way, good luck to others on their Shiny hunts as well.

ShiningKnightXY

<----Newest Shiny
I am pretty done with counting, Azelf is at about 2600 srs with with about 2-3 weeks into it. I hope I get it by next week since I have all of spring break to hunt and I wouldn't mind ending this hunt to start up Uxie or Mesprit.

GooberTheAlmightyMudkip

I herd u liek me?
I think I'm done with random/horde/safari shiny encounters, because they tend to be so weak that they just end up sitting in my p.c. box gathering computerized dust. From now on, all my hunts will be MM or SR/RA. Anyways, I have 4 new shinies. I bred an Espurr like two days ago, trying to get a prankster one, but it ended up being female. But it did get its HA. Then I bred a Ferroseed. Nothing much to say about it. taught it leech seed, relaxed nature, iron barbs because anticipation on a ferrothorn is dumb. Then I bred two Grimers, because the first didn't get it's HA. I'm sure atleast one of those can learn Trick, so CH probably completed!!!

CreeperNinjaGamer

Warlord of Shinies
MMing Frillish for the CH! Currently in the process of gathering 4 boxes of eggs, I hope to get quite a lot done tomorrow. See you all then!