1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Discussion in 'General Pokémon Discussion' started by Dangertrout, Nov 13, 2012.

1. serpent222

serpent222 Well-Known Member

That's two shiny registeels successes I've seen during my hunt. I'm at 700 resets and no second appearance after missing the last one.

2. cryuel

cryuel Well-Known Member

My shiny Zekrom hunt has been going on for quite a while with little luck. :/ I will persevere though! :) *hates squinting to check if the eyes are blue as opposed to red*
    Good luck to all current hunts!! :)

3. maldoror

maldoror Well-Known Member

Congrats to all on your recent shinies and good luck on your ongoing hunts.

I have now surpassed 7,000 Omanytes seen without a shiny. This is with the shiny charm. Oh well, time to SR and check another 30.

4. taufik386

taufik386 Well-Known Member

congrats everyones on your recent shinies and good luck on your current hunting

just hatched shiny Oshawott after 425 eggs.
    it has its HA and perfect IV spread too, missing in ATK :D

not sure what to breed next after oshawott. maybe mime jr for CH

reshiram and dialga reached 450 SRs and still counting, rogenrolla is at 720 eggs :(

5. Liltwick

Liltwick Life Cheating Game

Grants everyone on recent shinies. Was hunting in a dragon safari today and got this guy in 64 encounters. I'm stoked, Fraxure is one of my favorite shinies.

[Spoil]
    [IMGsize=]http://i1144.photobucket.com/albums/o487/CandleReaper/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20150402_091408382_HDR_zpsfp5l2xzq.jpg[/IMGsize] [/spoil]

Update: Got a second safari shiny today. Phantump at 50 encounters, and since she can learn Trick, Community Hunt complete!

[Spoil][imgsize=]http://i1144.photobucket.com/albums/o487/CandleReaper/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20150402_105703998_HDR_zpskuxi2a2a.jpg[/IMGsize] [/spoil]

Last edited: Apr 2, 2015
  6. HM02gon

HM02gon Waiting...

I'm not sure how to upload pictured

hatched a shiny Goomy after 60-something eggs. IVS in HP, SPA, and SPD. He didn't get his HA, which was pretty disappointing, but I finally have a gen 6 shiny.

7. wobbanut

wobbanut Team Awesome

It's been another one of those weeks for me. First, while hunting outside the Village Bridge in White 2, hoping for a Seviper, I got a second shiny zangoose.

Then while hunting for yanma a few days later, I got my third shiny gurdurr. -_- I named him trolldur, because between him and nosepass in X I keep getting everything but yanma.

Finally, an hour later, I at least got something fresh in my Black 2 game: a shiny ditto. :D

8. Keovix

Keovix Well-Known Member

Congrats to Azulart on Nosepass, Meowth City on Latias and Feebas, Shiny Lord on Darumaka, Cyberra on Clamperl, Larvitar and Cottonee, taufik386 on Uxie, Ho-Oh and Oshawott, Phillies on Drifblim, Farfetch'd, Chansey, Gabite, Pansear, Dedenne, Gothorita, Doduo, Mudkip and Cobalion, Twilit Dragoon on Snivy and Ralts, Sito on Tepig, Mizz Nikki on Feebas, Aesnath on Phanpy and Zekrom, TheEliteEmpoleon on Regice and Reshiram, Demonslayer492 on Tyrunt, nickM on Lunatone, Paraqua on Piplup, 2rsa on Latios, Y-Pestis on Ralts, Ampharos_Spark on Doduo, Razorbadger on Whismur, maskofsanity1998 on Mudkip, Corsola and Sligoo, Shine on Registeel, BritishLanguage on Gligar, razor fire on Registee, Lost on Fraxure and Phantump, HM02gon on Goomy, wobbanut on Ditto, Gurdurr and Zangoose and everyone else on your shinies :)

Thanks to Cpchris, Aesnath, Ampharos_Spark and Razorbadger for the congrats!

So far no Registeel in AS and no Palkia in OR, haven't kept tracks of the SR's but in both cases I'm pretty sure they are above 4k SR's, have faith they will shine soon though.

I will also hunt Banette in Black2 Victory Road for the CH on an extra DS I have, maybe it ends up shinning before the two legendaries, will try to sync the Adamant nature.

EDIT
    I've completed my CH. Banette shone in B2, I probably did around 500 RE's with the shiny charm, no battle this time since I didn't had a Pokémon with Odor Sleuth and Baton Pass, just made it sleep and after 4 Luxury Balls it was caught, sadly sync didn't work this time and instead of an Adamant nature I've got a Bold one, highest IV is Sp.Defense with 23-25, the rest are between 13 and 21.

Still hunting Registeel and Palkia in OR/AS. I'm also gonna do some RE's in HG/SS, hopefully Steelix shines.

Good luck to everyone on your current hunts! :)

Last edited: Apr 4, 2015
  9. Spacial

Spacial procrastination

Congrats to everyone on shinies and good luck with future hunts.

Hatched this little guy this morning, Chimchar was my first starter and its evolution line has always been my favourite so idk, sentiment.

[​IMG]

10. razor fire

razor fire Well-Known Member

Started up X last night to check out some of the new friend safaries I've gotten, and the first pokemon that pops up is a shiny Delibird! :D
    Naughty natured and with vital spirit. Haven't checked the IVs yet. 11134362_1121948814498337_1451019343_n.jpg

11. taufik386

i completed my CH. Shiny Mime Jr just hatched after 99 eggs.
    it's a male and got technician ability.
    got 3IV in ATK, Sp. ATK and Speed, cause i want to get specific nature,
    so i have to give up destiny knot.

next breeding, i think i want to go for another baby pokemon, like mantyke or bonsly

Rogenrolla reached 840 eggs and still refuse to shine.
    Reshiram and Dialga reached 600 SRs.

congrats everyone on your recent shinies and good luck on your current hunting

12. ohjeezitskim

ohjeezitskim Well-Known Member

Ughh, Snivy STILL refuses to shiny. I'm nearly at 1,500 eggs for this little demon ;-;
    Hatched 120 yesterday. Collecting 30-40 today, since I collected 60 yesterday, then have to work an HA request
    It's about 15 pokemon, so who wants to bet that if my Shiny Snivy isn't in that batch of
    90 that I'll get a shiny while hatching for HA pokemon for a trade?
    I'm willing to say it will happen because my luck is rubbish (trubbish?)
    I haven't gotten a shiny in over 1,500 eggs so I'm going to say the chance of a random shiny in that group of 15 in pretty darn high.

With my 90 eggs from today I'll be at 1,555 eggs (or 1,455 depending if I added the 100 or not from a while ago)
    Anyway, good luck to everyone, special good luck to those people with long hunts going on!

13. NitroLightningFlash

NitroLightningFlash Well-Known Member

Hi everybody-i haven't posted on here in FOREVER-congratulations on all your recent shiny Pokemon ^^

In Omega Ruby i was soft-resetting for Latios (just to get max HP, Sp. Attack and Speed IV's)...but i 'accidentally' got a shiny Latios (though i wasn't looking for one as i haven't shiny hunted in so long now-over a year i'd say) after 50-100 soft resets...problem is even though he's the right nature i needed (Timid as i used a Synchroniser), his Speed lets him down as he has IV's of 30-31/30-31/31/30-31/30-31/4-6....so everything is good except for that (the most important stat to boot), which really sucks.

I know i'm really lucky to get a shiny at all when i wasn't even trying (they say the best shinies are the ones you don't expect; well today was definately one of those times haha) so i decided to keep him and i'll simply retry for him again when i hopefully get Alpha Sapphire next month (if i can somehow get an Eon Ticket).

EDIT: The picture will have to wait till tomorrow now as my camera STILL hasn't charged hardly at all...this is what i get though i presume; since the only time i ever used that specific camera was for the shiny hunts i used to do, like a year ago so really it's a miracle it's even still working 3l

Either way; it should definately be up tomorrow-and good luck on your hunts everyone!

Here he is ^^

[​IMG]

I haven't trained him yet so his IV's aren't definate, but as i said earlier; it looks like they are:
    30-31/30-31/31/30-31/30-31/4-6 (i'll edit when i've raised him a couple of levels and i know for sure...but if it really is 5IV, i was even luckier so i really can't complain about the Speed haha)

His actual stats are (if you can't quite see) :

HP: 97
    Attack: 61
    Defense: 62
    Sp. Attack: 92
    Sp. Defense: 80
    Speed: 79

Above all i'm pretty happy that i have found a shiny Pokemon for the first time in over a year (since i kind of gave it up...). I'm not sure if i'll start shiny hunting again though, since i only got Latios by chance.

P:S-The last picture of Latios looks bad as my stupid camera was too slow to catch it in time haha xD

Last edited: Apr 4, 2015
  14. Cyberra

Cyberra pain in the ***

Good luck with that roggenrola... I bred for it once, in Black 2, and it took me 7,029 eggs to get the little bugger. Hopefully it's more cooperative for you!

After the daily running around in the friend safari, I decided to head over to route 21 and do some chain fishing looking for basculin. I'm using the good rod to hopefully avoid Final Gambit, which it learns at lvl 50. I've hunted it here before but got poliwhirl instead.

After several broken chains and two hours of trying, I finally got a good chain going. And after 193 casts, I got... another freaking poliwhirl XP Third one from this route. C'mon, basculin!

Did not bother to check poliwhirl's nature or ability; I just dumped it straight into wonder trade.

Terrakion is at 7,900 SRs. Heatmor is at 400 eggs.

15. taufik386

now it reached 900 eggs.
    cyndaquil is my longest MM breeding for now (1700++).
    i hope rogenrolla doesn't follow his track :D

good luck to you too on basculin, terrakion and heatmor.

16. TheMaster327

TheMaster327 Well-Known Member

Ralts is now at 1,020 eggs. In the process of getting 5 more boxes.

17. Iwanuq

Iwanuq Iwan

Hey everyone!
    It's been a very long time since I posted!
    I've gotten a lot of horde shinies, kind of to many to name at the time.
    But lately I've been working on masuda Methoding Lileep, the first five boxes I didn't realize I was using two japanese pokes, and then I switched out one of the parents and I've now put away ten boxes I hope to get a shiny here soin! Good luck to all those hunting!

18. RaichuArcanine

RaichuArcanine Hunting Sparkles

Hey guys! Congrats on all those wonderful shinies! Well, my Rufflet hunt is now on 3,500 RE's! I'm on break from college for Easter, so it's time to get a lot of hunting down! I'm aiming for 500 RE's a day. Best of luck to all :).
    ~RaichuArcanine~

19. Shiny Lord

Shiny Lord Well-Known Member

COMMUNITY HUNT COMPLETE After 155 eggs shiny Rotom hatched. Since it can learn trick via move tutor it counts for this months community hunt. Lax nature.

20. Samus-Aran

Samus-Aran Gardevoir Fanboy

Today I got very lucky while hunting for Legendaries, as a Shiny Regigigas showed up on my screen.

It even got the nature I was synching for. What I find funny is that I wasn't even trying to get him shiny. I only reset on him once because the nature didn't synch the 1st time. I'm pretty happy right now. :)