• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Paraqua

Beginning Trainer
Congrats to all the recent shinies

I was going for another Dex-nav hunt and at my second encounter, I found a shiny Buneary. Male with a Jolly nature. Kind of weird though but I still caught it and named him Stewie.

Good luck to all the future shinies

Sutittaja

Lightning zebra
Congratulatios to all for their shinies!

I am currently soft-resetting Kyurem in Alpha Sapphire. I have done about 500 soft resets, but no shiny yet.

Crimson Penguin

Marchin' on
Congrats to taufik386 on Cyndaquil, Uxie, Ho-oh, Oshawott, and Mime Jr., Shiny Lord on Minccino, Darumaka, and Rotom, Keovix on Landorus, Banette, and Registeel, Azulart on Nosepass and Tyrunt, Meowth City on Latias, Feebas, Shuppet, and Phantump, Cyberra on Clamperl, Larvitar, Cottonee, Poliwhirl x3, Basculin x2, Sawk, Heatmor, Meditite, Tyrogue, and Gogoat, Phillies on Drifblim, Farfetch'd, Chansey, Gabite, Pansear, Dedenne, Gothorita, Doduo, Mudkip, and Cobalion, Twilit Dragoon on Snivy and Ralts, Sito on Tepig, Mizz Nikki on Feebas, Aesnath on Phanpy and Zekrom, TheEliteEmpoleon on Regice and Reshiram, Demonslayer492 on Tyrunt, nickM on Lunatone, Mesprit, and Lugia, Paraqua on Piplup, Honedge x2, and Buneary, 2rsa on Lugia, Y-Pestis on Ralts, Ampharos_Spark on Doduo, Razorbadger on Whismur, maskofsanity1998 on Mudkip, Corsola, and Sliggoo, Shine on Registeel, BritishLanguage on Gligar, razor fire on Regirock, Regice, and Delibird, LostTM on Fraxure and Phantump, HM02gon on Goomy, wobbanut on Zangoose, Gurdurr, and Ditto, Ponymon on Chimchar, NitroLightningFlash on Latios, Samus-Aran on Regigigas, Skylander Sylveon on Ducklett and Gulpin, AceTrainerBen on Ralts, GooberTheAlmightyMudkip on Espurr, Ferroseed, and Grimer x2, Nakashima on all the Eevees, Scrufox86 on Kabuto, MurderofKrow on Latias, Ho-oh, and your other shinies, serpent222 on Registeel and Regice, and anyone else I may have missed on your shinies! Also, sorry about that Graveler, HeHatesMe63.

Thanks to taufik386, Keovix, ShiningKnightXY, Cpchris, Ampharos_Spark, and Razorbadger for the congrats!

Nothing much to report, just a progress update. Treecko is at 300 SRs, Lapras is at 800 SRs, Route 8 is at 4425 REs, and Noibat is at 570 eggs (I think - might be a little higher than that. I haven't been hunting too much lately so I've kind of lost track. XD). Hoping to find a little more time to work on my projects in the near future.

Good luck to all of you on your hunts, especially ohjeezitskim, Supremacy, Lorde, maldoror, ShiningKnightXY, and skilax1234!

Last edited:

TheMaster327

Yay :) We've reached 1,000 pages! (Assuming you all have 25 posts displayed on a page ;)) Anyway, my Ralts MM is still going. At 1,470 eggs now, and none are feeling blue :( Starting to wonder if they decided to visit other people's games lol

Congrats on all the recent shinies, including Twilit Dragoon's Ralts, Nakashima's Eeveelution horde, and all those Registeel I've seen recently :)

Cyberra

pain in the ***
:D After 756 encounters in the grass safari, I have found a shiny ivysaur! He's modest and takes plenty of siestas, with the ability Overgrow. I'm gonna train him in special attack :D

[img139]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Primus001/Shiny%20Pokemon/7625_zpsl6h8d8xp.jpg[/img139]

Gonna stay in that safari, though... I still need tangela.

Terrakion is at 9,000 SRs. Charmander is at 280 eggs.

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
No news for me at the moment.

I did another 3 boxes of eggs for my shiny Ralts in AS.
I also did some more SR's for my shiny Ho-oh in OR.
I hope to do some more of both of these soon.

In other news, my shiny Snivy is now a shiny Serperior. It also has all the possible in-game ribbons on it. Yay.

Good luck to everyone else, and congratulations to you all!

Twilit Dragoon

*omnious thunderstorm*
Just a quick update from me. I'm now up to 1075 SRs and counting for a shiny Suicune in Omega Ruby. I've been progressing fairly quickly in this shiny hunt, but nothing out of it just yet. I am hoping that my Bold synch will work on this shiny, as the other two dogs decided that synchronizing the natures wasn't worth the effort :p. Going to definitely stop at 1100 resets for the night, as I'm tired and not expecting sparkles anyway.

I've started a casual SR hunt for the Johto starters in HeartGold as well. I'm aiming for a shiny Totodile this time, and I've already reset over a shiny Chikorita, on purpose! I'm not too bothered about resetting over it, as I have plenty of them already and don't see the need for another :p *ducks for cover*. Shiny Totodile or bust!

Congrats on the new shinies everyone!

Shiny Lord

Was hunting in the FS in my Y for another shiny Eevee and I just caught one. It has relatively superior potential overall. Greatest potential lies in its HP, Sp.Atk is equally good. Stats like those... simply can't be beat. It is male. Run away ability. What should I evolve it into. I already have Flareon, Vaporeon, Leafeon, Slyveon and Umbreon shiny. So out of Espeon, Jolteon and Glaceon which is my best option?? Please help. It has Serious nature

Here are the ivs.
#133 Eevee [Serious]
IVs: 30, 31 / 17, 18, 19 / 14, 15, 16 / 31 / 27, 28, 29 / 0 - 3
Stats at Lv.30: 82 / 43 / 39 / 41 / 52 / 38

Last edited:

Keovix

Congrats to Paraqua on Honedge and Buneary, Azulart on Tyrunt, nickM on Mesprit and Lugia, Nakashima on Vaporeon, Glaceon, Leafeon, Sylveon, Flareon, Jolteon, Espeon and Umbreon, scrufox86 on Kabuto, Cyberra on Gogoat, Ivysaur and Basculin, MurderofKrow on Ho-Oh and Latias, Meowth City on Phantump and Magikarp, Dennis Jansen on Druddigon and Geodude, serpent222 on Registeel and Regice, Shiny Lord on Eevee and everyone else on your shinies :)

Thanks for the congrats to Crimson Penguin and Supremacy!

Nice. That's my next target after I beat Tate and Liza on Alpha Sapphire. How long did it take?

I haven't kept track of my latest hunts, just approximates based on the time I've been hunting them, the Registeel hunt lasted over a week, I'm guessing between 2.5 and 3.5k SR's, I also have the shiny charm equipped in both games. Good luck on your hunt! :)

Regice shone in OR, I'd say this was a rather quick hunt, luckily I saw/heard the sparkles, otherwise I'm pretty sure I'd have SR it, unlike past gens, I have a harder time telling apart the shiny sprite from the normal one, after leaving it with 1HP and putting it to sleep a bunch of times, I caught it with a Luxury Ball, Regice has Modest nature (sync worked this time) and perfect IV's in Attack, Sp. Attack, Def and Sp. Defense, both HP and Speed are 10-12.

Now that I have the 3 Regis it's time to hunt Regigigas.
Still hunting Palkia in AS and Steelix in HG/SS, will keep track of Steelix resuming the count where I left it, so far I've done 4518 RE's, will also keep track of Regigigas and the remaining legendaries in both OR/AS.

Good luck to everyone on your current hunts! :)

serpent222

Was hunting in the FS in my Y for another shiny Eevee and I just caught one. It has relatively superior potential overall. Greatest potential lies in its HP, Sp.Atk is equally good. Stats like those... simply can't be beat. It is male. Run away ability. What should I evolve it into. I already have Flareon, Vaporeon, Leafeon, Slyveon and Umbreon shiny. So out of Espeon, Jolteon and Glaceon which is my best option?? Please help. It has Serious nature

Here are the ivs.
#133 Eevee [Serious]
IVs: 30, 31 / 17, 18, 19 / 14, 15, 16 / 31 / 27, 28, 29 / 0 - 3
Stats at Lv.30: 82 / 43 / 39 / 41 / 52 / 38

Well, serious is a neutral nature, so you're left with his strongest stats, which appear to be special attack and special defense. You could do fine with Jolteon or Espeon, but with the lower speed, I'd vote Espeon.

In my own shiny news, after 70 FS encounters, I also got a shiny Eevee! And two encounters later, I got a shiny dunsparce (my most hated pokemon!) I haven't checked eevee's stats out yet. I have a 5IV shiny eevee already, waiting to be an umbreon. No idea what my second one will become.

About 400 encounters in a bug safari with no shinies. Trying for a female combee.

ShiningKnightXY

<----Newest Shiny
At around 2700 srs my Azelf shined. While it is Lax nature as opposed to my Naive syncher, I would much rather keep it since it has 4 perfect IVS in Hp, Atk, Def, and Sp. Atk. I named it Navi after the iconic pest from Zelda being they are both Blue and annoying. I may go for Uxoe next, but for now I wamt to try some chaining out in ORAS.

CH complete since Azelf can learn trick.

razor fire

Regice finally shone today after almost a week of SRing. Synchronizer actually worked too, so I'm pretty happy! :D 11131968_1125699514123267_259304390_o.jpg

Now I'm off to SR for a shiny Regigigas.

Congratulations to everyone else on their shinies and good luck to those hunting!

Razorbadger

Congrats to maskofsanity1998 on Mudkip, Shine on Registeel, BritishLanguage on Gligar, Cyberra on Cottonee and Heatmor, taufik386 on Oshawott and Mime Jr, HM02gon on Goomy, wobbanut on Zangoose, Gurgurr and Ditto, Keovix on Banette, Registeel and Regice, Ponymon on Chimchar, NitroLightningFlash on Latios, Shiny Lord on Rotom, Samus-Aran on Regigigas, Paraqua on both Honedge, AceTrainerBen on Ralts, Azulart on Tyrunt, nickM on Mespirit and Lugia, Nakashima on Eevee, Scrufox86 on Kabuto, serpent222 on Registeel and Regice, ShiningKnightXY on Azelf, razor fire on Regice and everyone else on your shinies.

Thanks to Twilit Dragoon, Keovix, Supremacy and Crimson Penguin for the congrats.

I've been complaining a bit about my Omega Ruby for over odds and multi-phase hunts just lately but I have nothing to moan about now as a shiny Bagon has appeared after 5522 REs.

[IMG139]http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e350/razorbadger/248f4ca5-b38f-4c1e-81e6-9622b8d56150_zpshhcko3fy.jpg[/IMG139]
[IMG139]http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e350/razorbadger/752adad4-9ae0-4f54-bb61-70e962f4eb2c_zpshvalwivl.jpg[/IMG139]

Yes it's another over odds hunt but it's also my main target on the first phase and anyway 5k isn't really much considering the 11k I've already been to on this file. I'm absolutely delighted with this shiny, as I said it was my main target but it also has an excellent nature (lonely) and is male which meant the name I had picked out for it was suitable. Salamence is a really nice shiny and I used a regular one in my first team in Ruby years and years ago so it holds a bit of nostalgia for me too.

Next in this game I'm going to do a hunt that I've not really seen anyone do (but I know they aren't locked because I've seen people get random ones) and that is the gift Camerupt and Sharpedo that the Rocket and Aqua grunts give you at the Battle Resort. Whichever one doesn't shine I'll hunt at a later date in my AS. First though it's back to my Heart Gold BQ for Sudowoodo. Here's hoping that I can finally get something under odds in this game, or at least under 10k.

Good luck hunting everyone :)

Mewtwo Ex

Meddling your D.N.A
So when i started this hunt i wanted a special attacker to be next to my 3-rd Gen adamant one...

I got Shiny Mewtwo.
11148906_10206066950450184_351529654_n.jpg

ivs are:

HP - 10
Attack - 6/7
Defense - 0/1
Sp. Attack 8/9
Sp Defense 28
Speed - 15

Good luck on your hunts people.

Last edited:

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Congrats on all the shinies since I last reported in. Been a long time since I posted with a victory, but here it goes. A month after the last one got away, and 957 resets later, and I finally found shiny Registeel.

[img300]http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m609/serpent222/pumpkin/0404150238b_zpsznefputi.jpg[/img300]

So I am now proudly part of the shiny registeel owner club.
[img300]http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m609/serpent222/pumpkin/0404150240_zpsftsb4wvl.jpg[/img300]

Aaaand as a bonus: 8 hours later, and 138 resets in, and I find this bugger.
[img300]http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m609/serpent222/pumpkin/0407150100a_zpss0ku64lx.jpg[/img300]
[img300]http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m609/serpent222/pumpkin/0407150059_zps6mkhahdh.jpg[/img300]

So add them to my existing regirock, and I completed the trio. Working on Cresselia now, but I may take a break from it for some safari hunting in Y.

ORAS seems to have really quick hunts. Back in my day, it'd take 8191 if you were lucky!

Oh, and I must know-other than sparkle sparkle, how were you able to tell difference between shiny and regular Regice?

serpent222

ORAS seems to have really quick hunts. Back in my day, it'd take 8191 if you were lucky!

Oh, and I must know-other than sparkle sparkle, how were you able to tell difference between shiny and regular Regice?

I wasn't able to tell the difference. I made sure to be watching it every time.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I spent most of Monday morning and part of yesterday afternoon doing more horde encounters in Y version: I did at least 90 encounters in total, but found no Shinies. I also worked on my Shiny Rayquaza hunt this morning and did 45 or so SRs. Anyway, congrats to others on their new Shinies. :)

Shiny Lord

Shiny eevee strikes again in FS! 2nd in one day! This time it is female. Timid nature with adaptability as the ability. Takes plenty of siestas. IVs are as follows HP 30-31, Atk 4-6, Defense 24-26, Sp.atk 14-16, Sp.def 10-13, Speed 30-31. This would be perfect for Jolteon correct?

Last edited:

ohjeezitskim

Shiny eevee strikes again in FS! 2nd in one day! This time it is female. Timid nature with adaptability as the ability. Takes plenty of siestas. IVs are as follows HP 30-31, Atk 4-6, Defense 24-26, Sp.atk 14-16, Sp.def 10-13, Speed 30-31. This would be perfect for Jolteon correct?

I think Jolteon would be the best fit for those stats!

As for me, still a no-go with Snivy however I've been playing the Rumble world game that came out today and I've spent a lot of time playing that all day. I have managed to collect 60 eggs, planning on collecting 60 more eggs between now and Friday.
Once I do my exam I think I'm going to go and SR hunt Suicune a bit. I've been at 1,000 for a few month and I want to get anywhere between 1.2 and 1.5 in the next coming weeks.
Just needed a new hunt after all these snivy.. Hopefully WTW will be good to me.

I've participated in three the passed month and a half. I've received a Shiny 6IV Turtwig, 6IV Shiny Terrakion, 6IV shiny Politoad, and a for sure hacked 6iv shiny Moltres. Also a perfect 5iv non shiny Keldeo and Terrakion!

edit: Neat! Page 1,000! Congrats to the thread and shiny hunting members for making it what it is! (I have a post on the 1st and 1,000th page - woo!)
Thank you, Crimson Penguin for the luck!

Last edited: