1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Discussion in 'General Pokémon Discussion' started by Dangertrout, Nov 13, 2012.

1. AquaRegisteel

AquaRegisteel Face Oblivion

Hey everyone, just popping in here.

Congrats to all posters here on making not just 1,000 but 1,001 pages! I do like a good palindromic number =p

Recently, I have been hunting Finneon via MM. It is a hugely underrated shiny that should be hunted much more than it is in my opinion. I just want to give it some love! That's currently at about 130 eggs hatched. Also, I have been hunting Wooper on HGSS, which is up to 1,350 REs.

Good luck everyone, and a big late congrats to cpchris on Scyther too.

2. meepooh

meepooh New Member

Very happy to have just found and caught my first non-fishing shiny. A beautiful, sassy Venomoth from the Friend Safari with hidden ability Wonder Skin. IV's look decent too.

I'm very new to shiny hunting and I think I'd like to have a crack at MM, so my next mission may be to hatch a shiny Zorua, which is one of my favourite's.

3. ShiningKnightXY

ShiningKnightXY <----Newest Shiny

Thanks for everyone for the congrats, I tried my hand at chaining and had two chains of 70-80 that both broke so I was a bit frustrated I have now started hunting for Mesprit, but I may just try chaining again on Gothita.

4. NitroLightningFlash

NitroLightningFlash Well-Known Member

Instead of soft resetting for a Fennekin at the start of Pokemon X-i decided to try and breed (Masuda Method via my Japanese Ditto) for one with at least the right nature but found out i hadn't put an Everstone on my Modest natured starter Fennekin so i was lucky to be honest that i haven't got one yet-it's been 120 eggs so far.

Before i continue with hatching again though-i'll be working on my Black 2 to get all natures via Synchronize Munna in the Dreamyard, so i can find Pokemon of certain natures easier in the future. It's going to be tough though because aren't there like 26 possible natures for Pokemon? In the end it'll pay off though i suppose.

Congrats on all shinies since i last posted and good luck to all of you :3

5. Supremacy

Supremacy Shiny Hunter

Gratz to nickM on Lugia, Keovix on Regice, ShiningKnightXY on Azelf, razor fire on Regice, Razorbadger on Bagon, Mewtwo Ex on Mewtwo, PegasusxSeiya on Torchic, taufik386 on Reshiram, Nibbles4ever on Pawniard, and everyone else!

Nah you don't HAVE to start with your starter if you don't want to. For me personally, I always go for the starter first for my badge quests, it wouldn't feel right otherwise.

Yes I agree! More people should definitely go for this hidden gem. Here's a pic of the one I caught for some motivation:

So beautiful <3

I legit almost forgot that I even hunted this, why you so forgettable Finneon?

--------------------

Anywaysss, still no shine on my side. I started SRing Rotom for the CH and I'm kinda getting good vibes from it. I feel like it'll shine soon, hopefully!

Good luck everyone :]!

6. wobbanut

wobbanut Team Awesome

Well, it's been a better week for me this week. I didn't get any of my targets, but I did get a couple of shinies I've been wanting for a while.

First, in Black 2, while hunting outside the Dreamyard, I found a shiny ratticate. So now I've got a rattata and a ratticate, cool. :) I like how it kind of looks like the Orange Island native ratticate seen briefly in Prof. Ivy's first episode.

Then in White 2, I was hunting in Pinwheel Forest and found a shiny swadloon, which I've wanted for a while. :D

Then just a short while ago in White 2 (again), I found a blue gligar on Victory Road. I've wanted one for AGES.

Now if that stubborn cacnea will just show up, it'd be nice.

7. Crimson Penguin

Crimson Penguin Marchin' on

Congrats to Cyberra on Ivysaur and Goldeen, Shiny Lord on Eevee x2, Keovix on Regice, serpent222 on Eevee and Dunsparce, ShiningKnightXY on Azelf, razor fire on Regice, Razorbadger on Bagon, Mewtwo Ex on Mewtwo, ohjeezitskim on your WT shinies, PegasusxSeiya on Torchic, taufik386 on Reshiram, Ponyta, and Feebas, Nibbles4Ever on Pawniard, meepooh on Venomoth, wobbanut on Raticate, Swadloon, and Gligar, and anyone else I may have missed on your shinies!

Terribly sorry to hear about the lost Lugia, Aesnath. Losing a shiny always sucks, but hopefully things will look up from here on out, and good luck on a reclaim if you end up doing so.

Today I hatched a shiny Noibat on the 590th egg! Noibat is one of my favorite 6th gen shinies and I've wanted one for a long time, so I'm very happy to finally have it. ^_^ It's a female, named Robin (like Batman and Robin? Get it? /lame joke), with a Timid nature, Infiltrator ability, and IVs in everything except Defense. Very pleased that the shiny came out with 5 IVs considering one of the parents only had 4 IVs. Also, I think Noibat is right up there with some of the cutest Pokemon in Amie. : D

Next MM target is going to be Spritzee, seeing as it slipped by me on my Y BQ. Speaking of, Route 8 is up to 4500 REs, Lapras is at 1000 SRs, and Treecko remains at 300 SRs. Looking forward to some more hunting in the near future hopefully. : )

Good luck to all of you on your hunts, especially TheMaster327, Cyberra, Lorde, ohjeezitskim, Supremacy, and special birthday luck to Cpchris!

8. ohjeezitskim

ohjeezitskim Well-Known Member

Aesnath..thanks again! Keeping fingers crossed it'll stay under 2,000!

Well didn't manage to get to collect eggs today, maybe tomorrow before a going away party! I wasn't really close friends with her, but hey, she's a fan (apparently a big one?!) of Pokemon and that's good enough for me!

I've been playing Rumble World the passed two days and I've beaten over 8,000 little toys and not a shiny in sight, no one else has mentioned seeing one either so I'm pretty bummed shinies were excluding again ): Although I did manage to get my first legendary in the game! Reshiram! With my old area code as it's power lol 973! (So far it's my highest power, I think I'm rank 26 also! Spent 1.90 +0.64+2.50ish, so about 5 bucks on the game so far.)
    As someone pointed out it says "free to START" not "free to PLAY" ;-;

I feel as if I'll have a busy day tomorrow (doing my hair so the curls loosen up by night time, laundry, going to finish and start my exam in my pharm tech course, of course time for Rumble, and maybe collect some boxes of eggs - although I'm not quite sure if I'll get to it!

Total snivy egg count stands at 1,585 with 60 eggs waiting to be hatched

9. Cyberra

Cyberra pain in the ***

:D I hatched a shiny finneon in Y; the picture is a few pages back but it is there! a 5IV male. I wish it was a little more golden brown than flat brown, but I still love my butterfly-tailed fishie.

*ahem*

WOOOOOOOOOO-HOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

[IMG139]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Primus001/Shiny%20Pokemon/002_zpsa3zsnu5s.jpg[/IMG139]

SHINY FREAKING TERRAKION AFTER 9,203 SRs!!! Oh man! I was not expecting this! I had a frozen pizza in the oven and was watching the timer when I looked down at my screen and saw red and teal and heard "Grawwwrrr! *sparkle sparkle*" It was a challenge to catch him before my pizza burned XD;;; I finally got him in a timer ball 8D

He's Brave-natured and often scatters things ^_^ I'm so very happy.

Nature!
    [img139]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Primus001/Shiny%20Pokemon/005_zpsiw2oepqd.jpg[/img139]

Stats!
    [img139]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Primus001/Shiny%20Pokemon/006_zps2obxjmub.jpg[/img139]

SPARKLES!
    [img139]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Primus001/Shiny%20Pokemon/007_zpscn4kmmzu.jpg[/img139]

^_^ Now I have to play the game and work my way down to the Dreamyard so I can SR for latias.

Charmander is at 440 eggs.

10. Cpchris

Cpchris Shiny Hunter

Congrats to Nibbles4Ever on Pawniard, wobbanut on Raticate and Swadloon and Gligar, Crimson Penguin on Noibat, Cyberra on Terrakion, and everyone else on your shinies!

Sorry about your Lugia, Aesnath :(

Thanks for the congrats, AquaRegisteel :) And thanks for the birthday luck, Crimson Penguin ;)

-----------

No birthday luck for me =\ But I went to bed late last night (in part because I was playing Rumble World…Gr…) so I didn’t go to sleep till around 4:30, then I didn’t wake up until 11:30, then played more Rumble (Grrrrr…), and then didn’t have much time left to hunt before work…So only 300 REs and 200 SRs today.

Part of me was hoping for shinies to be in the new Rumble game…But at the same time, I’m kind of relieved they don’t seem to be in here since it’d be more of a distraction from real shinies on the main games =\

Good luck, everyone (especially markasdarkas, RaichuArcanine, pokemaster13, Tina, jrmftw, Lorde, Keane, Shy, Ruru_star, Roseheart95, skilax1234, Nakashima, Supremacy, and Lunafloon)!

11. RaichuArcanine

RaichuArcanine Hunting Sparkles

Sorry if I'm late, but a happy brithday to CpChris! It sucks that you didn't get birthday luck. I had birthday luck two years ago with my Shiny Yamask(now Cofagrigus) named KingCandy. My Rufflet hunt is going well, at just past 5k atm. Expecting at least a 9k hunt from it haha. I won't be doing much on it right now...my boyfriend is going through a tough time. It's a long story which I won't go into there, so I will be there for him right now, and not game as much. Congrats on all these shinies, and good luck to all :)
    ~RaichuArcanine~

12. Iwanuq

Iwanuq Iwan

Congrats to everyone since my last post!
    Happy belated (?) birthday CpChris!
    I am back for an update, I haven't been hunting for any pokes, I've just been working on getting a shiny lileep, since my last post Ive put 7 more boxes away hoping for a HA Lileep but at this point I wouldn't mind it without its HA. So I am at a total of 17 boxes of Lileep. Also, I'm happy to say we've reached over 1000 posts on here I love this community, everyone is so supporting :). Good luck to all those hunting I hope my Lileep shines here soon! *sends out shiny luck too all those hunting*

13. razor fire

razor fire Well-Known Member

Congratulations to everyone and I'm really sorry to hear about your lost Lugia, Aesnath :(

HOly cow!
    A little over 30 soft resets and regigigas actually shone!
    It got Hasty nature so synchronizer didn't work this time either, but I ain't even mad :p

Now I'm wondering if I should try a Omega Ruby BQ or not. I want to enjoy that game as much as possible but I'm afraid lingering around for a shiny pokemon for each badge will only make the game feel tedious. What do you guys think?

14. Paraqua

Paraqua Beginning Trainer

Congrats to all recent shinies and sorry to hear about your failed attempt at lugia, Aesnath.

I was breeding for a modest natured Vulpix with it's hidden abillity Drought. I bred 5 eggs to be sure that at least one of them would still have the drought abillity. When hatching the last egg, to my complete surprise, a shiny female Vulpix hatched. Though she didn't have her hidden abillity and only having perfect IV's in HP, Attack and Defense. But it was still surprising to hatch a shiny Vulpix so quickly since I didn't use the Masuda Method though I did have the shiny charm.

Good luck to all future shinies

15. Keovix

Keovix Well-Known Member

Congrats to serpent222 on Eevee and Dunsparce, ShinningKnightXY on Azelf, razor fire on Regice and Regigigas, Razorbadger on Bagon, Mewtwo Ex on Mewtwo, Shiny Lord on Eevee, PegasusxSeiya on Torchic, taufik386 on Reshiram, Cyberra on Goldeen and Terrakion, Nibbles4Ever on Pawniard, Aesnath on Zubat, meepooh on Venomoth, wobbanut on Ratticate, Swadloon and Gligar, Crimson Penguin on Noibat, Paraqua on Vulpix and everyone else on your shinies :)

Thanks for the congrats to Razorbadger, Cpchris, Supremacy and Crimson Penguin!

Sorry about your lost Lugia, Aesnath :(

Palkia shone in OR, it looks so nice as a 3d model, ended up catching it with a Heal Ball, Palkia has Gentle nature and perfect IV's in HP, Attack and Sp.Attack.

Don't know what to hunt next in OR, maybe one of the Swords Of Justice trio.
    For Regigigas in AS, I've already done all the steps required to encounter the legendary, but I haven't faced him yet. I'm so hooked to Pokemon Rumble World I don't have any time left to shiny hunt these last few days, will start the hunt this weekend though.

The Steelix hunt in HG/SS keeps going, so far I've done 4990 RE's.

Good luck to everyone on your current hunts! :)

16. maldoror

maldoror Well-Known Member

Congrats to all on your recent shinies and good luck on your ongoing hunts.

After approx 10,000 fossils revived, Omanyte finally shined! Neutral nature and decent stats, but I don't care at this point. That hunt is over!

On to Kabuto!

17. TheEliteEmpoleon

TheEliteEmpoleon Well-Known Member

Mesprit still hasn't shone for me. I've been playing Rumble World since Wednesday though, so hunting hasn't been a priority. Starting to get bored with it already though. I'll probably hunt a lot tonight, and pass 2500 srs. Good luck!

18. RedJirachi

RedJirachi Veteran member

My advice? Try and revive on XY or ORAS with the shiny charm. There it'll be quicker

19. maldoror

maldoror Well-Known Member

This was on OR with the shiny charm.

20. taufik386

taufik386 Well-Known Member

got shiny dialga last night.
    it's kinda funny, cause i fall asleep for a while when SRing.
    then suddenly i wake up and see shiny dialga was there :D
    modest sync worked.

palkia still on going, reached 150 SRs
    rogenrolla at 1260 eggs, bonsly at 420 eggs,
    and just started for giratina.