• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Cyberra

pain in the ***
:D 1,613 encounters into the second phase of my friend safari hunt, only 13 encounters into today's leg of the hunt, I see bright green and sparkles! It's a shiny tangela! She's modest-natured and alert to sounds, with her HA, Regenerator. I'm going to take her to the battle chateau and evolve her; it won't be hard to level up till she learns Ancient Power. And then I'll have 666 pokemon seen in my dex XD

[img139]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Primus001/Shiny%20Pokemon/012_zps9nwufriw.jpg[/img139]

I have reached the Dreamyard and am at 300 SRs for latias now. Once I catch her I'm gonna have to fight every single trainer in the area 'cause my team is so underleveled; I rushed through Victory Road and traded over a lvl 100 togekiss from Black 2 for the Elite 4. I was in a rush to unlock regirock so I could get the Iceberg Key and SR for regice. After I get latias my target will be heatran, and then the lake trio.

Charmander is at 770 eggs. Stubborn little fire-lizard...

^_^ Thanks, everyone, for the congrats on catching terrakion.

Edit: Shiny charmander after exactly 900 eggs! He's timid-natured and mischievous, and he got his HA, Solar Power! That's the first time I've had any luck with starters and hidden abilities in quite a while.

[img139]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Primus001/Shiny%20Pokemon/015_zpsjksyznrb.jpg[/img139]

Next on my list is glameow; I got a nice 6IV HA one in a heal ball from another breeder (a dive ball would have looked nice, too), and I will be breeding it shiny. After that is skitty.

Last edited:

Supremacy

Shiny Hunter
Ohhh, happy belated birthday Cpchris! :]

-----

Well, its been nearly a month and still no shiny :[ I accidentally let the day rollover on my Rotom hunt, so now I have to wait 24 hours before hunting it again since I had to alter the date >.<. Oh well, I'll just focus a bit more on Articuno, which has taken a back seat since I've added the Rotom hunt. Hopefully something gives soon, droughts suck =/.

Gratz on the recent shinies, especially Cyberra on Terrakion and Crimson Penguin on Gligar (gotta love random shinies) and good luck everyone! :]

2rsa

Shiny Hunter
Congratz to Greninja360 on Relicanth, TheMaster327 on Ralts, Crimson Penguin on Gliscor, Cyberra on Tangela & Charmander and everyone else that had found their shines these days! ^^

Good luck to everyone specially Roseheart95 & Supremacy.

I feel the same way Nakashima, X is also my game. I don't know if it's Klaos or just Pokemon X though. :p

And Thanks for the congratulations on my shiny Latios. ^^

Anyways, I've been pretty busy these last weeks, But I've also been very Lucky. XD
First Lugia decided to shine for me after 5-6 days of hunting. Bold sync failed but luckily ended up being modest, which isn't that bad. But I'm mostly happy about being able to catch him in a premier ball. ^w^
https://instagram.com/p/1KMedlQM6m/
After Lugia I took a few days of. I journeied around Hoenn for items and stuff. I still need to check a few more places, But Cresent isle appeared and I just had to leave everything and hunt Cress. Didn't take long. 3-4 hours maybe? But whats great about this one is: 1.Caught in a Dive ball 2.Bold sync worked 3. Has amazing IVs!! I'll use her for battles. her IV spread is: 28-29/24-25/31/29/31/31
https://instagram.com/p/1YjN0zQM2f/

Phillies

Congratulations to everyone on there new shinies.

I caught the following shinies this week. Torchic, Tangela, Swalot, Whismur x 3 & Zigzagoon.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
After catching tangela, I moved over to a dragon safari that had fraxure, sliggoo, and noibat. The only one in there that I did not have was fraxure, so that was what I was looking for. And after only 83 encounters...

[img139]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Primus001/Shiny%20Pokemon/018_zpslgjqlkbm.jpg[/img139]

...I got him :D He's careful-natured and alert to sounds, with the ability Rivalry. I'm going to go to the battle chateau and start working on evolving him into haxorus. Not going to bother EV training him.

Next safari will be a normal safari.

Today was stupid errands/xbox 360 game day, so I did not get any hunting done. Latias is still at 300 SRs amd glameow at only 5 eggs.

razor fire

Congratulations to everyone on their shinies! :D
Cyberra, that fraxure looks absolutely amazing! I wish one of my friends had a Dragon Safari.

Anyway, these last two days have been very lucky for me. I've been SRing for god knows how many hours now, but it paid off!
Yesterday, I found a shiny Cresselia after about 15 hours of SRing. Bold synchronizer worked and I will use it for Battle Maison! I immediately started SRing for Heatran, and after approximately 5 or 6 hours I finally found him today! Synchronizer didn't work and it's docile natured, but what the heck. It's shiny!

Now, should I try SRing for Lugia? Or should I try a BQ in OR?

EDIT!

Small update! Figured it would go here rather than in a new post due to the rules.

Congratulations to Aesnath and good luck to Shine! :D
It seems we both have been quite lucky in regards of Lugia, Aesnath!
After getting my shiny Heatran I decided to go SRing for Lugia. Around 5 hours later and ta-da! This beauty pops in! :D View attachment 14547
It was a really close fight as it almost defeated my Vivillon several times and almost ran out of PP.

Now I think I'm going to take a break as I've SRed all the pokemon I want to SR in Alpha Sapphire. I think I will complete the secret base flag collection and then move on to OR.

Last edited:

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
I FINALLY updated the CH completion list, lol

Shuffle AND Rumble World took a lot of my time away, especially Rumble World :p

Regirock still hasn't shine yet, hopefully it will shine soon. And I also still need to collect more eggs for my MM.........

Aesnath

But Nothing Happened
Congrats to the successful (jeez, Cyberrra, what a weekend!, Crimson Penguin, TheMaster327, Greninja360) and good luck to anyone still looking.

tl;dr: I ran away from a shiny Lugia last night and am upset about it.

So, the day following the “lugia episode,” I decided to keep SRing until the weekend, just for lack of any other poke-related stuff to do. After about an hour, another SHINY LUGIA showed up. That’s right, it came back the very next day. I nearly had a heart attack, then made the reasonable decision to use dive balls rather than heal balls—which resulted in success. It ended up being timid with perfect HP, SpD, and Speed.

In a direct reversal of emotional valence, I was pretty excited all day Friday for no apparent reason.

Anyway: Vindication.

Also, over the weekend, I pulled my third shiny larvesta (god, I am tired of hatching these things) during a small MM run (five boxes). Unfortunately, it was missing speed, so I’m going to have to do it again at some point.

Due to the lugia episode, I’ve decided I need a second shiny hunter to compliment my smeargle when dealing with legends (trying to revive it and refill dark void is what caused me problems). So now I’m MMing shroomish this week.

Martinzqx

Congrats to everyone that has caught their goal shiny pokemon! Im still chugging along on my shiny mewtwo hunt in SS with 1131 sr's! Im kind of bitter because it's my friends ex-girlfriends' old game. So even when I do get it and I transfer it over, it will be from 'tiffany.'

Also MM-ing for shiny 5IV sheer force totodile! I never count eggs when I use the MM method but I've been breeding for about 2 weeks now! Hope it shines soon!

Paraqua

Beginning Trainer
Congrats to all the new shinies

I've been working on another Masuda Hunt for Vulpix and after 115 eggs, another shiny Vulpix shows up =D

Once again a female (Which I nicknamed Kushina), but her perfect IV's are in ATK, DEF and Sp. ATK

Good luck to all your future shinies

ohjeezitskim

Wow congrats Aesnath! That's great that it didn't take hundreds of SRs to reclaim him!
And two shiny Cresselia! Congrats 2rsa and razor fire!
Thanks on the luck Crimson Penguin and good luck to other with their hunts, especially those long hunts - I'm in the same boat!

I finally managed to collect 120 more eggs and I'm going to start hatching them after this post. I'm not too hopeful, the only reason I'm still going is because I'm stubborn and refuse to end a hunt that is over 1,500 eggs. Not too sure what I'm going to do after now since I egged myself out.
May go back to hunting Suicune, seems like a good idea!

After this batch I'll be at 1,705 eggs.

PegasusxSeiya

Shiny Hunter
Congrats Aesnath!! Super excited that it didn't take forever to find that Lugia again!
And congrats to 2rsa and razor fire on the Cresselia! And to everyone else on their recent shinies.

I decided to switch my target from Kangaskhan to Totodile since I had to do some breeding for a trade. I've hatched about 60 eggs so far, so I've still potentially got a long way to go. I'm hoping he decides to shine before I get to near-700 like Torchic haha.

But in between hatching I took a break to go chain fishing. After 2 shiny Magikarp I finally got my shiny Tentacool! And I snagged myself yet another shiny Wailmer on a chain of about 35 while fishing for Luvdisc. Luckily Luvdisc decided to shine just a few minutes ago! I'll be sending the Magikarp and Wailmer off into WT on Wednesday- I might send off Luvdisc too since I only needed her for my shiny dex.
Now it's time to go back to Totodile hatching!

RaichuArcanine

Hunting Sparkles
Argh I'm so mad and sad right now! X.X. So, I'm aiming to get to 5700 RE's for Rufflet/Thorh(10% and not my main target) until there is good tv to RE to later tonight. Well, I get to 5,603 RE's, a Throh appears and I hear sparkles. I'm disappointed as I want Rufflet, but I aim to capture it anyway. A Super Fang from my Watchog Alexander brings it down to half health. Hypnosis puts it to sleep and I decide to Super Fang once more before catching it. Then IT WAKES UP AND USES CIRCLE THROW! It makes me flee, and I'm left staring at the screen wanting my Shiny back. Man, I suppose this is my fault for not throwing a ball sooner but I'm annoyed that not only did Rufflet not shine, the Throh that did got away. I honestly don't even know if I want to RE here anymore. It really sucks that these past four or so weeks and almost 6k RE's have gotten me nothing *sighs*. I guess I'll just MM Rufflet now. I mean, if I know my games, nothing will shine here for a good 10k. And I know hate this Route. Well onwards and upwards I guess. Good luck all and congrats on all those shinies...damn you Throh >_>. Here's a pic of him...[img139]http://i1063.photobucket.com/albums/t507/RaichuUploader/Shiny%20Pokemon/IMG_8292_zpsr3dq5jxv.jpg[/img139]
~RaichuArcanine~

Last edited:

Cpchris

Shiny Hunter
Congrats to razor fire on Regigigas, Paraqua on Vulpix, Keovix on Palkia, maldoror on Omanyte, taufik386 on Dialga, StrongBad456 on Latias, TheMaster327 on Ralts, Crimson Penguin on Gliscor, Cyberra on Charmander, 2rsa on Lugia and Cresselia, razor fire on Cresselia and Heatran and Lugia, Aesnath on Lugia and Larvesta, Paraqua on Vulpix, and everyone else on your shinies!

Sorry about Throh, RaichuArcanine :( Should you ever end up in the same scenario again, you only need to put in a higher leveled pokemon to avoid having the battle end.

Thanks for the birthday wishes, RaichuArcanine, Iwanuq, and Supremacy :) And thanks for the luck, Crimson Penguin!

-----------

To be honest, I only decided to post here again because I saw CpChris mention me so I felt like I haven't been forgotten xD But, still, I feel like the support from this thread will help me to keep going.

Welcome back, and glad I could motivate you to post :p While I try and keep that list of names up-to-date, I do intentionally leave in people who haven’t posted in a (very) long time in the hopes that they’ll appear again with an update! On that note, for anyone who remembers Cocoadragon (who was hunting Chimchar), he found it a while back, hence his name not being there anymore ;)

Congrats to everyone that has caught their goal shiny pokemon! Im still chugging along on my shiny mewtwo hunt in SS with 1131 sr's! Im kind of bitter because it's my friends ex-girlfriends' old game. So even when I do get it and I transfer it over, it will be from 'tiffany.'

Would it be worth it to start the game over? It would take some extra time, but relative to shiny hunting, probably not a whole lot =\ And you could trade over useful items if you have another gen 4 game and another DS.

-----------

There I was, shiny hunting while looking up where I should hunt Machop after I find Dialga, having decided that if Dialga goes under odds, I’ll go for Palkia next, but if it’s over odds I’ll hunt an RE shiny before Palkia. I realized I’d been looking at the Machop locations too long between encounters, and look down at my game to SR when I see that it’s shiny! Completely missed the sparkles, both by sight and sound, but there it was just patiently waiting for me to notice it! Shiny Dialga on the 255th SR of the night after a total of 4,655 SRs!

[IMG200]http://i.imgur.com/4rOQje7.jpg[/IMG200]
[IMG200]http://i.imgur.com/YbQJFiY.jpg?1[/IMG200]

My 3rd legendary, and the first to be under odds (after the first member of the trio taking 28k SRs…). It was a glorious sight :) I’d done enough practice rounds to know it wouldn’t be anything too difficult to catch, and it went well enough - I caught it on the 9th Pokeball (definitely taking advantage of that 30 catch rate :p). And like Giratina, it showed up right near my birthday (just a few days late!), and though not on my birthday, it did show up on my dog’s birthday :p

Stats are….Err…Not great ;) Relaxed nature, likes to relax (such a chill legendary!), and IVs are: 29 – 5 – 13 – 6 – 1 – 27. But hey, it’s shiny! I think I’m going to stick to the plan I was working on tonight – I got it under odds, so I’ll just go right on to Palkia to complete the trio!

Good luck, everyone (especially markasdarkas, RaichuArcanine, pokemaster13, Tina, jrmftw, Lorde, Keane, Shy, Ruru_star, Roseheart95, skilax1234, Nakashima, Supremacy, and Lunafloon)!

maldoror

Congrats to all on your recent shinies and good luck on your ongoing hunts!

At the end of the 12th grouping of 30 fossils revived, Kabuto shined! It is a female with a quiet nature and decent overall stats. Her attack is horrible according to the judge. Terrible nature/stats combo, but I still am really happy.

On to Aerodactyl!

Roseheart95

El Psy Congroo
Well, as soon as I come back to this thread xD

HNI_0043.JPG (I apologise for bad quality - the photos my phone takes are too large to upload, so I used my 3DS :))

Another shiny Ekans in my Badge Quest. I was partly expecting it, as its encounter rate was so high, so I don't mind too much. I'm going to keep my original one on my team to evolve into Arbok, and keep this one in PC as it is :) This came after 24,079 REs. Hoping my next hunts will be a bit shorter! My next target (the fourth shiny of this Badge Quest) will be the Eevee that Bill gives.

Thanks to everyone for the good luck wishes! I'll keep updated on my progress after this.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I've begun my shiny hunting for Registeel, and afterwards I will shiny hunt for Regice. For the former, I've done 300 SRs. For the latter, I want to know at what point do the sparkles appear

I haven't posted in a while, haven't been playing that much Pokemon. I've done some SRs for latias, ran around a bit in FireRed, and hatched about 300 eggs in X. After i hatch my final member of my all pink shiny team (Buneary!) I'm gonna do horde encounters in reflection cave and frost cavern, because those are the only places with hordes where i dont have a shiny from a horde(even if i didn't necessarily find that shiny i a horde) and then I'll do random encounters in route 10 because it has some cool pokemon, and probably look around in the friend safari.
Good luck to everyone who has gotten a shiny and good luck to everyone hunting one, and i'm so sorry to anyone who has lost a shiny :( here's to a quick reclaim(like Aesnath had)

Keovix

Congrats to maldoror on Omanyte and Kabuto, taufik386 on Dialga, Bunnelby01 on Noibat, Greninja360 on Relicanth, pikachu780 on Geninja, TheMaster327 on Ralts, Crimson Penguin on Gliscor, Cyberra on Tangela, Fraxure and Charmander, 2rsa on Lugia and Cresselia, Phillies on Torchic, Tangela, Swalot, Whismur and Zigzagoon, razor fire on Cresselia and Lugia, Aesnath on Lugia and Larvesta, Paraqua on Vulpix, PegasusxSeiya on Tentacool, Wailmer and Luvdisc, Cpchris on Dialga, Roseheart96 on Ekans and everyone else on your shinies :)

Thanks for the congrats to Nakashima, Crimson Penguin and Cpchris!

Since my last post I haven't been SR at all tbh, playing Rumble World and Shuffle kept me busy, besides I wanted to wait till Monday to start hunting Virizion in OR and yesterday it shone after only 387 SR's, the battle was quite difficult 'cos Virizion knows Giga Drain and the Heal Ball wasn't working at all, ended up using an Ultra Ball, Virizion has Timid nature (sync worked) and perfect IV's in HP, Attack and Defense.

Will hunt Terrakion next, still hunting Steelix in HG/SS and Regigigas in AS has not seen any progress so far.

Good luck to everyone on your current hunts! :)

GooberTheAlmightyMudkip

I herd u liek me?
I just got Shiny Pumpkaboo in the friend safari after 3 RE, and I wasn't even hunting. I was gathering HA pokemon to breed later.
Anyways, congratulations to anyone who caught a shiny recently, and good luck to anyone currently engaged in a hunt.