1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Discussion in 'General Pokémon Discussion' started by Dangertrout, Nov 13, 2012.

1. Martinzqx

Martinzqx Well-Known Member

Congrats to everyone that has caught their goal shiny pokemon! Im still chugging along on my shiny mewtwo hunt in SS with 1131 sr's! Im kind of bitter because it's my friends ex-girlfriends' old game. So even when I do get it and I transfer it over, it will be from 'tiffany.'

Also MM-ing for shiny 5IV sheer force totodile! I never count eggs when I use the MM method but I've been breeding for about 2 weeks now! Hope it shines soon!

2. Paraqua

Paraqua Beginning Trainer

Congrats to all the new shinies

I've been working on another Masuda Hunt for Vulpix and after 115 eggs, another shiny Vulpix shows up =D

Once again a female (Which I nicknamed Kushina), but her perfect IV's are in ATK, DEF and Sp. ATK

Good luck to all your future shinies

3. ohjeezitskim

ohjeezitskim Well-Known Member

Wow congrats Aesnath! That's great that it didn't take hundreds of SRs to reclaim him!
    And two shiny Cresselia! Congrats 2rsa and razor fire!
    Thanks on the luck Crimson Penguin and good luck to other with their hunts, especially those long hunts - I'm in the same boat!

I finally managed to collect 120 more eggs and I'm going to start hatching them after this post. I'm not too hopeful, the only reason I'm still going is because I'm stubborn and refuse to end a hunt that is over 1,500 eggs. Not too sure what I'm going to do after now since I egged myself out.
    May go back to hunting Suicune, seems like a good idea!

After this batch I'll be at 1,705 eggs.

4. PegasusxSeiya

PegasusxSeiya Shiny Hunter

Congrats Aesnath!! Super excited that it didn't take forever to find that Lugia again!
    And congrats to 2rsa and razor fire on the Cresselia! And to everyone else on their recent shinies.

I decided to switch my target from Kangaskhan to Totodile since I had to do some breeding for a trade. I've hatched about 60 eggs so far, so I've still potentially got a long way to go. I'm hoping he decides to shine before I get to near-700 like Torchic haha.

But in between hatching I took a break to go chain fishing. After 2 shiny Magikarp I finally got my shiny Tentacool! And I snagged myself yet another shiny Wailmer on a chain of about 35 while fishing for Luvdisc. Luckily Luvdisc decided to shine just a few minutes ago! I'll be sending the Magikarp and Wailmer off into WT on Wednesday- I might send off Luvdisc too since I only needed her for my shiny dex.
    Now it's time to go back to Totodile hatching!

5. RaichuArcanine

RaichuArcanine Hunting Sparkles

Argh I'm so mad and sad right now! X.X. So, I'm aiming to get to 5700 RE's for Rufflet/Thorh(10% and not my main target) until there is good tv to RE to later tonight. Well, I get to 5,603 RE's, a Throh appears and I hear sparkles. I'm disappointed as I want Rufflet, but I aim to capture it anyway. A Super Fang from my Watchog Alexander brings it down to half health. Hypnosis puts it to sleep and I decide to Super Fang once more before catching it. Then IT WAKES UP AND USES CIRCLE THROW! It makes me flee, and I'm left staring at the screen wanting my Shiny back. Man, I suppose this is my fault for not throwing a ball sooner but I'm annoyed that not only did Rufflet not shine, the Throh that did got away. I honestly don't even know if I want to RE here anymore. It really sucks that these past four or so weeks and almost 6k RE's have gotten me nothing *sighs*. I guess I'll just MM Rufflet now. I mean, if I know my games, nothing will shine here for a good 10k. And I know hate this Route. Well onwards and upwards I guess. Good luck all and congrats on all those shinies...damn you Throh >_>. Here's a pic of him...[img139]http://i1063.photobucket.com/albums/t507/RaichuUploader/Shiny%20Pokemon/IMG_8292_zpsr3dq5jxv.jpg[/img139]
    ~RaichuArcanine~

Last edited: Apr 14, 2015
  6. Cpchris

Cpchris Shiny Hunter

Congrats to razor fire on Regigigas, Paraqua on Vulpix, Keovix on Palkia, maldoror on Omanyte, taufik386 on Dialga, StrongBad456 on Latias, TheMaster327 on Ralts, Crimson Penguin on Gliscor, Cyberra on Charmander, 2rsa on Lugia and Cresselia, razor fire on Cresselia and Heatran and Lugia, Aesnath on Lugia and Larvesta, Paraqua on Vulpix, and everyone else on your shinies!

Sorry about Throh, RaichuArcanine :( Should you ever end up in the same scenario again, you only need to put in a higher leveled pokemon to avoid having the battle end.

Thanks for the birthday wishes, RaichuArcanine, Iwanuq, and Supremacy :) And thanks for the luck, Crimson Penguin!

-----------

Welcome back, and glad I could motivate you to post :p While I try and keep that list of names up-to-date, I do intentionally leave in people who haven’t posted in a (very) long time in the hopes that they’ll appear again with an update! On that note, for anyone who remembers Cocoadragon (who was hunting Chimchar), he found it a while back, hence his name not being there anymore ;)

Would it be worth it to start the game over? It would take some extra time, but relative to shiny hunting, probably not a whole lot =\ And you could trade over useful items if you have another gen 4 game and another DS.

-----------

There I was, shiny hunting while looking up where I should hunt Machop after I find Dialga, having decided that if Dialga goes under odds, I’ll go for Palkia next, but if it’s over odds I’ll hunt an RE shiny before Palkia. I realized I’d been looking at the Machop locations too long between encounters, and look down at my game to SR when I see that it’s shiny! Completely missed the sparkles, both by sight and sound, but there it was just patiently waiting for me to notice it! Shiny Dialga on the 255th SR of the night after a total of 4,655 SRs!

[IMG200]http://i.imgur.com/4rOQje7.jpg[/IMG200]
    [IMG200]http://i.imgur.com/YbQJFiY.jpg?1[/IMG200]

My 3rd legendary, and the first to be under odds (after the first member of the trio taking 28k SRs…). It was a glorious sight :) I’d done enough practice rounds to know it wouldn’t be anything too difficult to catch, and it went well enough - I caught it on the 9th Pokeball (definitely taking advantage of that 30 catch rate :p). And like Giratina, it showed up right near my birthday (just a few days late!), and though not on my birthday, it did show up on my dog’s birthday :p

Stats are….Err…Not great ;) Relaxed nature, likes to relax (such a chill legendary!), and IVs are: 29 – 5 – 13 – 6 – 1 – 27. But hey, it’s shiny! I think I’m going to stick to the plan I was working on tonight – I got it under odds, so I’ll just go right on to Palkia to complete the trio!

Good luck, everyone (especially markasdarkas, RaichuArcanine, pokemaster13, Tina, jrmftw, Lorde, Keane, Shy, Ruru_star, Roseheart95, skilax1234, Nakashima, Supremacy, and Lunafloon)!

7. maldoror

maldoror Well-Known Member

Congrats to all on your recent shinies and good luck on your ongoing hunts!

At the end of the 12th grouping of 30 fossils revived, Kabuto shined! It is a female with a quiet nature and decent overall stats. Her attack is horrible according to the judge. Terrible nature/stats combo, but I still am really happy.

On to Aerodactyl!

8. Roseheart95

Roseheart95 El Psy Congroo

Well, as soon as I come back to this thread xD

HNI_0043.JPG (I apologise for bad quality - the photos my phone takes are too large to upload, so I used my 3DS :))

Another shiny Ekans in my Badge Quest. I was partly expecting it, as its encounter rate was so high, so I don't mind too much. I'm going to keep my original one on my team to evolve into Arbok, and keep this one in PC as it is :) This came after 24,079 REs. Hoping my next hunts will be a bit shorter! My next target (the fourth shiny of this Badge Quest) will be the Eevee that Bill gives.

Thanks to everyone for the good luck wishes! I'll keep updated on my progress after this.

9. RedJirachi

RedJirachi Veteran member

I've begun my shiny hunting for Registeel, and afterwards I will shiny hunt for Regice. For the former, I've done 300 SRs. For the latter, I want to know at what point do the sparkles appear

10. I haven't posted in a while, haven't been playing that much Pokemon. I've done some SRs for latias, ran around a bit in FireRed, and hatched about 300 eggs in X. After i hatch my final member of my all pink shiny team (Buneary!) I'm gonna do horde encounters in reflection cave and frost cavern, because those are the only places with hordes where i dont have a shiny from a horde(even if i didn't necessarily find that shiny i a horde) and then I'll do random encounters in route 10 because it has some cool pokemon, and probably look around in the friend safari.
    Good luck to everyone who has gotten a shiny and good luck to everyone hunting one, and i'm so sorry to anyone who has lost a shiny :( here's to a quick reclaim(like Aesnath had)

11. Keovix

Keovix Well-Known Member

Congrats to maldoror on Omanyte and Kabuto, taufik386 on Dialga, Bunnelby01 on Noibat, Greninja360 on Relicanth, pikachu780 on Geninja, TheMaster327 on Ralts, Crimson Penguin on Gliscor, Cyberra on Tangela, Fraxure and Charmander, 2rsa on Lugia and Cresselia, Phillies on Torchic, Tangela, Swalot, Whismur and Zigzagoon, razor fire on Cresselia and Lugia, Aesnath on Lugia and Larvesta, Paraqua on Vulpix, PegasusxSeiya on Tentacool, Wailmer and Luvdisc, Cpchris on Dialga, Roseheart96 on Ekans and everyone else on your shinies :)

Thanks for the congrats to Nakashima, Crimson Penguin and Cpchris!

Since my last post I haven't been SR at all tbh, playing Rumble World and Shuffle kept me busy, besides I wanted to wait till Monday to start hunting Virizion in OR and yesterday it shone after only 387 SR's, the battle was quite difficult 'cos Virizion knows Giga Drain and the Heal Ball wasn't working at all, ended up using an Ultra Ball, Virizion has Timid nature (sync worked) and perfect IV's in HP, Attack and Defense.

Will hunt Terrakion next, still hunting Steelix in HG/SS and Regigigas in AS has not seen any progress so far.

Good luck to everyone on your current hunts! :)

12. GooberTheAlmightyMudkip

GooberTheAlmightyMudkip I herd u liek me?

I just got Shiny Pumpkaboo in the friend safari after 3 RE, and I wasn't even hunting. I was gathering HA pokemon to breed later.
    Anyways, congratulations to anyone who caught a shiny recently, and good luck to anyone currently engaged in a hunt.

13. Supremacy

Supremacy Shiny Hunter

Gratz to 2rsa on Lugia and Cresselia, razor fire on Cresselia, Heatran, and Lugia, Aesnath on Lugia, Paraqua on Vulpix, Cpchris on Dialga, maldoror on Kabuto, Roseheart95 on Ekans, Keovix on Virizion, and everyone else!

So sorry about that Throh, RaichuArcanine! If only your Watchog was one level higher you wouldn't have failed. =[

------

So yesterday I decided to check my activity log to find out how many hours I've put into Lileep and it turned out to be 88 hours! ...Which only equals to around 6.6k SRs. Like, wut!? I was so sure I was atleast over 10k lol. I have to remember that I don't hardcore hunt as much as I use to or I would've really been at like 20k by now. Anyways, this is still my 5th consecutive over-odds hunt for this BQ and I can't wait til its over, my least favorite badge quest by far >.<!.

Good luck everyone!

14. razor fire

razor fire Well-Known Member

It usually takes around half a second before the text "Regice appeared" (or something like that) pops up when the battle starts. Regice will then be halfway through his animation sequence. If regice is shiny, the sparkles appear first before the text pops up, and Regice will also complete his animation fully before the camera changes to the player sending out a pokemon.
    I don't know if I can explain it any better than that, but I suggest looking at a few shiny regice videos on youtube and take note of when the sparkles appear, the animation that regice does at the start of the battle, and when the text box appears.
    Other than that, I suggest SRing with your sound on if possible. It makes the whole thing a lot easier!

Good luck! :D

15. Sito

Sito Shiny Breeder

So today I managed to finish the Regis Trio :p
    I was doing my homework and was like, lets take a break, last shiny I got was Cresselia a month ago, so I go to Regirock again after many tries on other days.
    After less than 15 mins shiny appears xD. Was an easy battle, Metagross Hold Back a few times and Hypnosis by Politoad, was able to catch it in a Luxury Ball and its Careful nature, so synch worked :). Havent checked IVS yet, but I think it has perfect spa xD.
    Now I am hunting for Entei, lets see how it goes. I cannot believe I am almost done getting all the legendary shinies in AS, just 7 more to go :D
    Good luck everyone and gratz on all the new shinies!

16. RedJirachi

RedJirachi Veteran member

At 900. After so many quick shinies, I thought that luck would continue. But I guess even 3000 is lucky. I plan on doing 600 every Monday and Tuesday, and 300 each Wendsay and Thursday. Congrats of Keovix for getting Virizion-that's 28 times faster than I managed with it

17. Cyberra

Cyberra pain in the ***

After 1,198 REs in the normal safari, while hunting minccino and aipom, I have found a shiny ditto! It's quiet-natured and alert to sounds, with max IVs in SpDEF and SPD, and caught in a dive ball. I have a shiny ditto already, but it's a 6IV and most likely a clone. This one has my name as the OT, so I will be keeping it. Any more that I might catch during this hunt will be startling people in the wonder trade system.

[img139]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Primus001/Shiny%20Pokemon/019_zpsov7ciwtj.jpg[/img139]

Latias is at 1,200 SRs. Glameow is at 570 eggs.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2015
  18. ShiningKnightXY

ShiningKnightXY <----Newest Shiny

Got two shiny Gothita yesterday in the same chain. I am so glad my patience has paid off with this method. Both are Modest thanks to my syncher and one has Shadow Tag while the other has Frisk. Frisk has max Def, Sp. Atk, and Speed so it is definitely viable. Shadow Tag sadly is restricted to only max Sp. Atk but I wont complain. Both can learn trick, so that means

CH Hunt Completed ×2

19. Paraqua

Paraqua Beginning Trainer

Congrats to all the new shinies.

I went for another Masuda hunt, this time Tyrunt being the target. After 152 eggs, a shiny male Tyrunt pops out of his egg. I named him Tanza (As in the gemstone Tanzanite) and has perfect IV's in HP, DEF, Sp. ATK and Sp. DEF.

Good luck to all future shinies

20. wobbanut

wobbanut Team Awesome

I finally got one of my targets this week! After weeks of trekking through that annoying desert in OR that I couldn't successfully use the DexNav on, a brown little cactus finally popped up. :D Yay, I've been wanting shiny cacnea for quite some time. She's even female, like I'm pretty sure James's was.

Before that this week, I had gone too long without any shinies on OR, so I decided to reset the encounter numbers with a fishing chain, and got a golden magickarp, my second. :)

Then while hunting in the desert on Black 2 (yes, I'm a glutton for punishment), I got a shiny darumakka. He's so pink and cute.

I'm going to lay off the quad hunting for a while, so I won't be getting quite so many. I'm just going to work on a few more pokemon I'm hoping for in OR, then I'm going back to Y and finish it, and start AlphaSapphire. I'm also thinking of MMing again, which I haven't done for awhile because I got frustrated after hundreds of buneary eggs and then I got a wild shiny one in Black 2. I'll see if I can get spinarak because I can't seem to find one in HeartGold.