• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Twilit Dragoon

*omnious thunderstorm*
Well today has been a very great day!

I've been SRing for a shiny Clefairy in the Game Corner in my Japanese LeafGreen since my last post. I decided it would be much faster for me to check the Clefairy in the pc by just scrolling through them rather than check their summaries(as I was getting mega trolled by the gender symbols thinking it was stars XD).

I was busy talking to TheMaster327 in another forum and was going through the Clefairy. I was trying to get to 500 SRs and mentioned that I'd like a shiny, but wouldn't bet my money on it that I'd get one. Twenty minutes later, I was scrolling through the Clefairy:

[img139]http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t237/Storm_Dragoon/JpnLG/IMG_0328_zps5hrvpybj.jpg[/img139]

And see GREEN! She took 475 SRs and was the 5th Clefairy in my pc(duh xD) for a grand total of 6167 Clefairy :).

More pics:

Shiny Clefairy, Rash nature
Stats

Shiny Clefairy is the 5th shiny in my Japanese LeafGreen. I'm so happy that I finally got this shiny Clefairy, it was so nice to get a shiny at full odds for the first time in a long time. I'm not sure what my next target is going to be, but for now I'm going to play through the game a bit. It is definitely nice to hunt in 3rd gen, it is so much faster than 6th gen at least :p.

My shiny Regirock hunt is now at 5000 SRs. I haven't been playing my 6th gen games all that much, as I'm trying to get some hunts done in 3rd gen. I'm hoping that it will be my next 6th gen shiny and hopefully I don't reset over it like the last one >_>. I'm also doing a few casual SRs for Mesprit in Omega Ruby, but I might switch back to MMing for my shiny Contrary Snivy instead.

Special congrats to Keane on finally getting shiny Cranidos :D, and Lunafloon on getting your Relic Castle shiny(hope Sandile shines next!).

Congrats to ShiningKnightXY, Missingno. Master, kirkeastment, SkyMew, Paraqua, Alexander18, StrongBad456, Razorbadger, NotABeginningTrainer, Crystagon, TheMaster327, Lorde, umbreonfan3636, litleo729, taufik386, wobbanut, RaichuArcanine, GooberTheAlmightyMudkip, Nacreous, RedJirachi, Azulart, ChaoticInverse, Tina(and welcome back :p) PegasusxSeiya, i2i, Meowth City, AquaRegisteel and everyone else on their new shinies.

ShiningKnightXY

<----Newest Shiny
Sadly, I have yet to claim my Kyurem, but seeing how quick my other hunts have benn as of recently, I cannot be upset. Of course time has been absorbed going through KH2FM so I guess I just have other things taking up time. Good luck to everyone on your hunts.

HM02gon

Waiting...
Shiny Spheal after like 10 HEs. Pretty nice to get what I want so quickly.

Did about 150 SRs for Zekrom. Got about 450 total so far, hoping it will shine soon.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Aftr doing my nightly leg of the fs hunt for female tranquill/farfetch'd, I decided to do some chain fishing at the Parfum Palace for corphish. After 37 casts, goldeen shines instead. Into wonder trade she goes...

Heatran is at 8,900 SRs. Yanma is at 1,380 eggs and still being stubborn.

Edit: And on my second try, on the very second cast...

[img139]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Primus001/Shiny%20Pokemon/118_zpsvoqsocyn.jpg[/img139]

...corphish shines. He's rash and likes to relax, with Shell Armor. Gonna head to the battle chateau and evolve him, then back to my yanma MM.

Last edited:

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I got bored and tried DexNaving for Pikachu. But that didn't go nowhere. I'm returning to my old hunt of Registeel, now that I know so long as I save inside the lake trio member won't be determined by day. After it, the hard-to-see shiny Regice will be my next target, and then going back to Uxie. Doing this on Saturday, since team business is occuring

taufik386

just another dexnav shinies from me.

got shiny onix, grimer, sableye, abra and kricketune yesterday.

and today, i got shiny venomoth and oddish (bellossom now)

congrat everyone on your recent shinies and good luck on your current hunting

edit. just got shiny skrelp after 5 dexnav encounters only. it has hidden ability too. ^^

Last edited:

Razorbadger

Congrats to kirkeastment on Heatran, TheMaster327 on Hoppip, Lunafloon on Happiny, Meowth City on Budew, AquaRegisteel on Camerupt, Twilit Dragoon on Clefairy and everyone else on your shinies.

Thanks to Tina, Lunafloon, Cpchris, Lorde and Twilit Dragoon for the congrats and Tina for the luck.

Well this incredible string of luck I've had recently continued last night when a shiny Reshiram appeared after just 494 SRs.

[IMG139]http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e350/razorbadger/20150519_000039_zpsrvmih2vu.jpg[/IMG139]
[IMG139]http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e350/razorbadger/20150519_000047_zpst5dl2fpq.jpg[/IMG139]

I've put the pictures in a spoiler tag because Photobucket isn't letting me resize the pictures today for some reason.

I'm not really keen on mirage spot shinies because of the debate regarding their odds. Based on the amount of short hunts that people have they don't seem to be as high as 1/4096 so they aren't really shinies that I want to hunt for but as this is the only way that Reshiram can be obtained I will make an exception for this. Viserion has a serious nature so another neutral natured shiny and I know I keep on saying that neutral natured shinies are never a bad thing I seem to be saying it with such regularity that it's getting ridiculous, some variety would be nice.

This is the bit where I usually say what I'm hunting next in the game I've just found a shiny in but this was my last hunt in Omega Ruby. Instead I'm starting a Badge Quest in my White 2 and first of all I'm going to be SRing for an Oshawott. Before that though I'm hunting on Route 117 again in my AS BQ for anything that shines. I'm not that bothered about this hunt to be honest, I wanted to SR for Castform but messed that up and whilst I know what I want my seventh and eighth shinies to be I was kind of lost for the sixth. There are a lot of nice shinies on this route though and only a 15% chance of a duplicate Marill.

Good luck hunting everyone :)

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
Wooooooooooooooooooot!!!!

After a mere 121 DexNav's, Shiny Vulpix is mine. :)

Look How Cute... OMG :D

[IMG139]http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn62/kirkeastment/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-05/A6841585-87D1-4D06-8B63-586BD624AF3F_zpsrblon6hk.jpg[/IMG139]
[IMG139]http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn62/kirkeastment/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-05/2B7850AE-F1DE-4CC8-A6AF-63A6A6CD2B2F_zpsypqzicit.jpg[/IMG139]

This hunt amazed me with how quickly it was finished, mostly because my last DexNav hunt in AS, Lotad, took over 1600 DexNav's, so i guess was due a quicker DexNav hunt this time around. :)

So Shiny Vulpix means i'm now 7/8 on my AS BQ(Poochyena, Lotad, Zubat, Aron, Skarmory, Wurmple & Vulpix), so i've now got to decide on my last target for this BQ, and i'm thinking it will have to be a Physically capable Pokemon, as atm my team is fairly Special Attack based.

With that said, i'm off to EV train this beauty in Sp.Atk(despite it's nature and god awful IV's(0-5)) & Speed. At least it has decent defense with a 29-31 in physical and 22-24 in special, but i'm not a competitive battler anyway, so this will just make a really nice team member and trophy. :)

So Happy!!! :D

Congrats to Razorbadger on the Shiny Reshiram, Cyberra on the Shiny Corphish,Lunafloon on the Shiny Happiny, AquaRegisteel on the Shiny Camerupt, MeowthCity on the Shiny Budew & Twilit Dragoon on the Shiny Clefairy. :)

Good luck everyone with your hunts. :)

Last edited:

MaddieShinx

Pokémon Breeder
I was horde training in Victory Road, and found a Shiny Geodude last night. Killed it...but I found another one this afternoon! Caught it in a Luxury Ball! So happy!

Crimson Penguin

Marchin' on
Congrats to taufik386 on Sentret, Beautifly, Sawk, Mareep, Numel, Clauncher, Lunatone, Goldeen, Unown, Baltoy, Dwebble, Onix, Grimer, Sableye, Abra, Kricketune, Venomoth, Oddish, and Skrelp, Keane on the long-awaited Cranidos, GooberTheAlmightyMudkip on Cresselia, Lunafloon on Yamask and Happiny (glad that long hunt is over, and good luck on Sandile!), Cyberra on Tranquill, Skorupi, Hawlucha, Goldeen, and Corphish, Nacreous on Remoraid, RedJirachi on Zekrom, Azulart on Dratini, oarfish on Feebas x2, Wailmer x2, Corphish x2, and Magikarp x5, ChaoticInverse on Charmander, Alexander18 on Machop, Wailmer, Pikachu, Feebas, Numel, and Tentacool, Tina on Liepard and Tranquill, Razorbadger on Hoothoot and Reshiram, PegasusxSeiya on Spinda, i2i on Oddish, Phillies on Pyroar and Fraxure (too bad about the Shelgon though), kirkeastment on Skarmory x2, Wurmple, Heatran, and Vulpix, TheMaster327 on Hoppip, Meowth City on Budew, AquaRegisteel on Camerupt, Twilit Dragoon on Clefairy, HM02gon on Spheal, XxPokemonPrincessxX on reclaiming Geodude, and anyone else I may have missed on your shinies! Sorry about the trollish Hoothoot though, lytenin.

My Omega Ruby BQ is finally underway today with a shiny Treecko after 1294 SRs!

I was not expecting to find this for another couple thousand SRs at least... I was watching a program trying to make it to 1300 SRs today, and towards the end of the program I looked down and there was a shiny Treecko coming out of the Pokeball! I'm beyond happy as I've always found Treecko's shiny form to be absolutely gorgeous and have wanted one since before I started shiny hunting. Another dream shiny is mine! ^_^ It's a male named Juniper (really wanted to name it Holly but it wasn't a girl so...) and he has a Bashful nature and a possible 31 IV in Defense, which is great!

Once I've taken care of Roxanne, BQ#2 will commence in Petalburg Woods. My main target is Shroomish, as Breloom is another dream shiny of mine, but there are a lot of great shinies from that area so I'll be happy with whatever I get. As for my other hunts, Lapras is at 2500 SRs and Route 8 is at 6250 REs. Having three BQs going on at once is going to be fun. XD

Good luck to all of you, especially Cpchris, RaichuArcanine, Tina, Lorde, and everyone else with long and tedious hunts!

Edit: Didn't realize this until now, but apparently Treecko can learn Nature Power so... Community Hunt Complete! Been a long time since I've been able to say that, haha.

Last edited:

umbreonfan3636

Congrats everyone on the recent shinies! Especially those doing full odds hunts

I'm at around 1300 REs in Granite Cave so far, hopefully Aron will shine soon. I've decided to alternate games between Ruby and Platinum each day so I don't completely neglect one hunt like I have been doing with Chimchar.

Good luck everyone!

ChaoticInverse

<--31,000 incounting
Hi guys,

I was hoping my success with Charmander might mean an increase in my third gen shiny luck but that appears to be a no, I've done another 1000 srs for torchic so I'm now sitting pretty at 31,000 srs. I'm probably going to starter sr-ing for chimchar or turtwig in platinum soon and I'm also planning on RE-ing for (hopefully) jigglypuff in my leaf green after I've trained up my team a bit.

Congrats on all the new shinies and good luck to everyone!

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Female shiny tranquill found! After 1,468 encounters I get my green lady pheasant ^^ She's lax and capable of taking hits, with Super Luck. Only pokemon in this safari that I don't have shiny is farfetch'd, but I have the normal one registered in my dex already, so I think I'm just going to move on. Will switch over to a steel safari after klang and ferroseed.

Heatran is at 9,300 SRs. Yanma is being a PAIN at 1,550 eggs.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Caught a shiny Horsea in chain fishing and I fully evolved it to Kingdra.
Edit: Caught a shiny Corphish and fully evolved it.

Last edited:

gamer_legend

It Happened :eek: It finally happened! After 16 Years of playing this franchise I've done what many have only dreamed of and not only encountered a Generation III Shiny but actually captured it as well. :D

Pokemon leafGreen wasn't even shiny hunting I was just looking for a good natured one to evolve into a poliwrath and I'm not sure if this one fits the bill or not.

Growlie19

Congrats on all the recent shinies.

I hatched a shiny Goldeen while breeding them for Wonder Trade Wednesday! It has a jolly nature, 5 IVs (missing special attack), Lightning Rod, and the moves Hydro Pump, Aqua Tail, Signal Beam, and Psybeam! No nickname yet, I'll think of one later.

Good luck to everyone hunting!

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
Alpha Sapphire BQ Completed!! :D

I decided on my 8th Shiny & Physical Pokemon late last night, and this afternoon i began my hunt for Shiny Heracross.

I love the DexNav, because after a mere 101 DexNav Encounter's, a b-e-a-utfil Shiny Heracross was staring me right in the face. It shone right as the levels reset back down, in this case, to level 30.

[IMG139]http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn62/kirkeastment/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-05/4825C65A-8D67-45CD-B7AB-EFC1180A063B_zpsson5cbjr.jpg[/IMG139]
[IMG139]http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn62/kirkeastment/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-05/7F1F32AA-7554-4047-8F54-3C9715B33390_zps7lpxcscg.jpg[/IMG139]

I dodged the bullet of the nature lowering my most needed stats on my attackers, My Ludicolo has a -Sp.Atk Nature, which really hinders it, this Heracross will at least pack more of a punch with it's attack at neutral.

Now i'm off to EV train this lovely Heracross in Attack & Speed.

Congrats to Growlie on the Shiny Goldeen, Gamer_Legend on the Shiny Poliwhirl, Alexander18 on the Shiny Horsea & Cyberra on the Shiny Tranquil.

Good luck to everyone with your hunts. I'm going to EV train and continue my latest SR hunt on OR for Shiny Entei. :)

Last edited:

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
This morning I was chain fishing again in Route 103. I have been catching so many shiny Magikarps here lately.
But this morning, I finally caught what I was looking for.
A shiny Tentacool. Woo.
Now to find another one that I can evolve into a shiny Tentacruel.

Congratulations on all of the recent shinies everyone!

EDIT:

Yay. A second shiny Tentacool.
Now I can finally move on from Route 103.

EDIT 2:

I have been fishing back in Route 131, hoping for a shiny Horsea.
And I just caught another shiny Wailmer. Eh, still a shiny.

EDIT 3:

Well, that was fast.
I just caught another shiny Wailmer....woo....

EDIT 4:

Finally.
A shiny Horsea.
Time to move on to another route.

EDIT 5:

Well....I now have all the possible Pokémon from fishing in shiny from in ORAS (and their evolutions).

I went back to my X Version to finish that.
I have been fishing in Shalour City, hoping for a shiny Alomomola.
And I get another shiny Octillery. Fine I suppose.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
This morning and last night I hatched around 50 more Dunsparce eggs for my Masuda Method hunt, and I did 45 or so more soft resets as well for my Shiny Rayquaza hunt on Ruby yesterday. By the way, good luck to others and congrats to kirkeastment, Growlie19, and Crimson Penguin on the new Shinies.