1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Discussion in 'General Pokémon Discussion' started by Dangertrout, Nov 13, 2012.

1. MaddieShinx

MaddieShinx Pokémon Breeder

I was horde training in Victory Road, and found a Shiny Geodude last night. Killed it...but I found another one this afternoon! Caught it in a Luxury Ball! So happy!

2. Crimson Penguin

Crimson Penguin Marchin' on

Congrats to taufik386 on Sentret, Beautifly, Sawk, Mareep, Numel, Clauncher, Lunatone, Goldeen, Unown, Baltoy, Dwebble, Onix, Grimer, Sableye, Abra, Kricketune, Venomoth, Oddish, and Skrelp, Keane on the long-awaited Cranidos, GooberTheAlmightyMudkip on Cresselia, Lunafloon on Yamask and Happiny (glad that long hunt is over, and good luck on Sandile!), Cyberra on Tranquill, Skorupi, Hawlucha, Goldeen, and Corphish, Nacreous on Remoraid, RedJirachi on Zekrom, Azulart on Dratini, oarfish on Feebas x2, Wailmer x2, Corphish x2, and Magikarp x5, ChaoticInverse on Charmander, Alexander18 on Machop, Wailmer, Pikachu, Feebas, Numel, and Tentacool, Tina on Liepard and Tranquill, Razorbadger on Hoothoot and Reshiram, PegasusxSeiya on Spinda, i2i on Oddish, Phillies on Pyroar and Fraxure (too bad about the Shelgon though), kirkeastment on Skarmory x2, Wurmple, Heatran, and Vulpix, TheMaster327 on Hoppip, Meowth City on Budew, AquaRegisteel on Camerupt, Twilit Dragoon on Clefairy, HM02gon on Spheal, XxPokemonPrincessxX on reclaiming Geodude, and anyone else I may have missed on your shinies! Sorry about the trollish Hoothoot though, lytenin.

My Omega Ruby BQ is finally underway today with a shiny Treecko after 1294 SRs!

I was not expecting to find this for another couple thousand SRs at least... I was watching a program trying to make it to 1300 SRs today, and towards the end of the program I looked down and there was a shiny Treecko coming out of the Pokeball! I'm beyond happy as I've always found Treecko's shiny form to be absolutely gorgeous and have wanted one since before I started shiny hunting. Another dream shiny is mine! ^_^ It's a male named Juniper (really wanted to name it Holly but it wasn't a girl so...) and he has a Bashful nature and a possible 31 IV in Defense, which is great!

Once I've taken care of Roxanne, BQ#2 will commence in Petalburg Woods. My main target is Shroomish, as Breloom is another dream shiny of mine, but there are a lot of great shinies from that area so I'll be happy with whatever I get. As for my other hunts, Lapras is at 2500 SRs and Route 8 is at 6250 REs. Having three BQs going on at once is going to be fun. XD

Good luck to all of you, especially Cpchris, RaichuArcanine, Tina, Lorde, and everyone else with long and tedious hunts!

Edit: Didn't realize this until now, but apparently Treecko can learn Nature Power so... Community Hunt Complete! Been a long time since I've been able to say that, haha.

Last edited: May 21, 2015
  3. umbreonfan3636

umbreonfan3636 Well-Known Member

Congrats everyone on the recent shinies! Especially those doing full odds hunts

I'm at around 1300 REs in Granite Cave so far, hopefully Aron will shine soon. I've decided to alternate games between Ruby and Platinum each day so I don't completely neglect one hunt like I have been doing with Chimchar.

Good luck everyone!

4. ChaoticInverse

ChaoticInverse <--31,000 incounting

Hi guys,

I was hoping my success with Charmander might mean an increase in my third gen shiny luck but that appears to be a no, I've done another 1000 srs for torchic so I'm now sitting pretty at 31,000 srs. I'm probably going to starter sr-ing for chimchar or turtwig in platinum soon and I'm also planning on RE-ing for (hopefully) jigglypuff in my leaf green after I've trained up my team a bit.

Congrats on all the new shinies and good luck to everyone!

5. Cyberra

Cyberra pain in the ***

Female shiny tranquill found! After 1,468 encounters I get my green lady pheasant ^^ She's lax and capable of taking hits, with Super Luck. Only pokemon in this safari that I don't have shiny is farfetch'd, but I have the normal one registered in my dex already, so I think I'm just going to move on. Will switch over to a steel safari after klang and ferroseed.

Heatran is at 9,300 SRs. Yanma is being a PAIN at 1,550 eggs.

6. Alexander18

Alexander18 Banned

Caught a shiny Horsea in chain fishing and I fully evolved it to Kingdra.
    Edit: Caught a shiny Corphish and fully evolved it.

Last edited: May 22, 2015
  7. gamer_legend

gamer_legend Well-Known Member

It Happened :eek: It finally happened! After 16 Years of playing this franchise I've done what many have only dreamed of and not only encountered a Generation III Shiny but actually captured it as well. :D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Pokemon leafGreen wasn't even shiny hunting I was just looking for a good natured one to evolve into a poliwrath and I'm not sure if this one fits the bill or not.

8. Phillies

Phillies Well-Known Member

I've gotten 4 shinies in wonder trade in the last hour. Unfortunately they are not all legit.

9. Growlie19

Growlie19 Well-Known Member

Congrats on all the recent shinies.

I hatched a shiny Goldeen while breeding them for Wonder Trade Wednesday! It has a jolly nature, 5 IVs (missing special attack), Lightning Rod, and the moves Hydro Pump, Aqua Tail, Signal Beam, and Psybeam! No nickname yet, I'll think of one later.

Good luck to everyone hunting!

10. kirkeastment

kirkeastment Completing The Trio

Alpha Sapphire BQ Completed!! :D

I decided on my 8th Shiny & Physical Pokemon late last night, and this afternoon i began my hunt for Shiny Heracross.

I love the DexNav, because after a mere 101 DexNav Encounter's, a b-e-a-utfil Shiny Heracross was staring me right in the face. It shone right as the levels reset back down, in this case, to level 30.

[IMG139]http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn62/kirkeastment/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-05/4825C65A-8D67-45CD-B7AB-EFC1180A063B_zpsson5cbjr.jpg[/IMG139]
    [IMG139]http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn62/kirkeastment/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-05/7F1F32AA-7554-4047-8F54-3C9715B33390_zps7lpxcscg.jpg[/IMG139]

I dodged the bullet of the nature lowering my most needed stats on my attackers, My Ludicolo has a -Sp.Atk Nature, which really hinders it, this Heracross will at least pack more of a punch with it's attack at neutral.

Now i'm off to EV train this lovely Heracross in Attack & Speed.

Congrats to Growlie on the Shiny Goldeen, Gamer_Legend on the Shiny Poliwhirl, Alexander18 on the Shiny Horsea & Cyberra on the Shiny Tranquil.

Good luck to everyone with your hunts. I'm going to EV train and continue my latest SR hunt on OR for Shiny Entei. :)

Last edited: May 20, 2015
  11. oarfish

oarfish #1 Lanturn Owner

This morning I was chain fishing again in Route 103. I have been catching so many shiny Magikarps here lately.
    But this morning, I finally caught what I was looking for.
    A shiny Tentacool. Woo.
    Now to find another one that I can evolve into a shiny Tentacruel.

Congratulations on all of the recent shinies everyone!

EDIT:

Yay. A second shiny Tentacool.
    Now I can finally move on from Route 103.

EDIT 2:

I have been fishing back in Route 131, hoping for a shiny Horsea.
    And I just caught another shiny Wailmer. Eh, still a shiny.

EDIT 3:

Well, that was fast.
    I just caught another shiny Wailmer....woo....

EDIT 4:

Finally.
    A shiny Horsea.
    Time to move on to another route.

EDIT 5:

Well....I now have all the possible Pokémon from fishing in shiny from in ORAS (and their evolutions).

I went back to my X Version to finish that.
    I have been fishing in Shalour City, hoping for a shiny Alomomola.
    And I get another shiny Octillery. Fine I suppose.

Last edited: May 21, 2015
  12. Lorde

Lorde Banned

This morning and last night I hatched around 50 more Dunsparce eggs for my Masuda Method hunt, and I did 45 or so more soft resets as well for my Shiny Rayquaza hunt on Ruby yesterday. By the way, good luck to others and congrats to kirkeastment, Growlie19, and Crimson Penguin on the new Shinies.

13. Cpchris

Cpchris Shiny Hunter

Congrats to Meowth City on Budew, AquaRegisteel on Camerupt, Twilit Dragoon on Clefairy, Razorbadger on Reshiram, Crimson Penguin on Treecko, gamer_legend on Poliwhirl, Growlie19 on Goldeen, and everyone else on your shinies!

Thank you for the good luck, Crimson Penguin :)

-----------

Finished getting Meganium and Furret to level 100 yesterday and got Feraligatr and Typhlosion to 100 day, and did 200 SRs for Chimchar in the process which puts that hunt at 2,300 SRs! All done leveling my HG shinies, yay! I checked and found I have 36 level 100 shinies now, so that’s cool. I was only able to work on Palkia and Chimchar today, so in addition to the 100 Chimchar SRs, I also did 200 Palkia SRs, so that’s at 4,100 SRs.

Good luck, everyone (especially markasdarkas, RaichuArcanine, pokemaster13, Tina, jrmftw, Lorde, Shy, Ruru_star, sksilax1234, Cyberra, ChaoticInverse, and Nakashima)!

14. ShinyGoogleplex

ShinyGoogleplex Guess who!?

My SoulSilver was busy in Febuary where last November I explained I was off to XTreme Speed Dratini from the Den. That happened in Feb. along with my next target Tyrogue. Felt pretty good after that, Dragon Master's gift, Karate King's gift, so figured there'd be no more. For fun I summoned up SUICUNE who was still on water on Route 14. Got it to Cerulean Cape & poked around at it, (the other two were gift Pok'es, this'd be my next Encounter) and a lite blue mane silouette scrolled by my screen. I nicknamed it to next in line my STAR TREK crew theme, George Takei (shortened). Ask of other nicks if interested, I like telling and to know yours. So after him I said to myself "Ehh!" and went to get the last two Kanto Badges & RockClimb. Kanto Legends can now appear so at Power Plant I also got Shiny Zapdos. Feeling Really good I went on to Moltres, and missed it! It Struggled to death. Upset. Disappointed. Not Discouraged... These all in Feb. !

Nothing more until the other day May 19th I got Moltres' friend ARTICUNO. And actually it appeared May 18th with the same fate of the last Moltres. Crazily I SR'd and did get it the next afternoon. Other appearance was in the morning so longer than 24 hour wait. I was relieved and thought I'm either really determined or (just at my expense, no-one else's folks!) I'm just stubborn and stupid.

That's about it as Feb. and May have been for last two years good months for me, something to do with the clock and random data trig'-a'-nometry. (My stupidity and lack of phonics coming into play here as Google Spell Check is fussing at me right now.). I'm trying for Moltres again now, a three month comeback maybe? Also in Feb. I Rock Smashed a Rare Bone item. Money, money, money! Mr. Eugene Krabs

15. Tina

Tina Boy Skylark

Congrats oarfish on five Magikarps, two Tentacool, two Wailmer, and Horsea, kirkeastment on Wurmple, Heatran, Vulpix, and Heracross, TheMaster327 on Hoppip, Lunafloon on Happiny, Meowth City on Budew, AquaRegisteel on Camerupt, Storm_Dragoon on Clefairy, HM02gon on Spheal, Cyberra on Corphish and Tranquill, taufik386 on Onix, Grimer, Sableye, Abra, Kricketune, Venomoth, oddish, and Skrelp, XxPokemonPrincessxX on Geodude (sorry about your first one :(), Crimson Penguin on Treecko, Alexander18 on Horsea, gamer_legend on Poliwhirl, Phillies on your wonder trade shinies, Growlie19 on Goldeen, and ShinyGoogleplex on Articuno.

Good luck to Lunafloon on all your hunts, Cpchris on all your hunts, Lorde on your Rayquaza hunt, Storm_Dragoon on your Regirock hunt, Cyberra on your Heatran hunt, Razorbadger on starting your W2 BQ, Crimson Penguin on your Lapras and Route 8 hunt, and ChaoticInverse on your Torchic hunt.

Thanks Lunafloon, Cpchris, and Crimson Penguin for the luck!

@Storm_Dragoon, Thanks for welcoming me back! :D (I hope it’s okay I call you that... I'll edit it if you don't feel confortable. >_<)

@ShinyGoogleplex, sorry about that Zapdos. :(

I don't have any new shinies to report, unfortunately. :)
    My Archen SR for my Black Badge quest has reached 25,121 SRs. My Litwick hunt in the Celestial tower for my White 2 Badge quest reached 1,587 REs.
    I don't want to whine, but Archen is being kinda difficult, haha. :p

16. maldoror

maldoror Well-Known Member

Congrats to all on your recent shinies and good luck on your ongoing hunts!

It's been a while since I posted, but I have been reading everyday. On April 27 I saved in front of the fossil guy on OR and started my quest for Lileep; reviving sets of 30. Yesterday, it finally shined. I don't know exactly how many I saw, but it was well beyond 10,000. This is with gen VI odds and the shiny charm; far worse than my Kabuto hunt.

Last night, I transferred over 30 claw fossils to begin my hunt for Anorith. Once it shines, I will begin to MM Amaura to complete my shiny fossil pokemon hunt.

17. wobbanut

wobbanut Team Awesome

Well, in my ongoing search for a shiny yanma, which has yielded four nosepasses, four gurdurrs (I found new ones for both this week), and one palpitoad...

I finally found one!

Yes, finally, I got a shiny yanma in a horde on Y this week. It very nearly turned into a fail, though, because I had just 8 pokeballs, and even after paralyzing it it wouldn't go in the ball (at full health)l. After wasting seven of the balls, I took a chance on lowering its health with a quick attack from my level 17 bibarel, thankfully kept it from being knocked out, and it finally went in. :) That was way too close, though. At least now that I've done four gyms, I should have more money to stock up on more pokeballs.

18. AmazingChi

AmazingChi Volcanic Rage

Well, it's been an epically long time since I've been here, so obviously a huge blanket congratulations to everyone and their hundred's (probably) of shinies since then!

Though, that is in part due to the fact it's been almost five months without a shiny. Finally got one as I half attempted to MM a shiny Amaura (this is after actually attempting to MM a shiny Cranidos, got to about 400 or so eggs I think and took a break). I was sorta after competitive Snow Warning and Refridgerate versions (trying to get competitive versions of all fossil pokemon) but did a box worth of eggs just in case I could acquire a white Amaura to join the blue Tyrunt I MM'd last year. Well, I did! Blanco the Amaura is 4IV (HP, Def, SpA, SpD) Would have been competitively viable if I hadn't been breeding Timid! Still, Sue the blue Tyrunt is unevolved still so they make quite the pair.

(Also, conveniently, community challenge complete!)

19. nickM

nickM Well-Known Member

It's been a while since i have posted here, i got most of the legendaries shiny with SR^^

I choose to MM a shiny skiddo this week, and today (4 days in) i decided to fill 8 boxes with skiddo eggs Q_Q and i didnt hatch 1 but TWO shiny skiddo's D: what are the odds haha :)

20. tui

tui moon upon a stick

Firstly, a huge congrats to Lunafloon from finally getting a shiny from that area! Yamask is a great shiny, though I still wish you more luck in finding Sandile!
    And welcome back Tina!
    Congrats to: GooberTheAlmightyMudkip on Cresselia, Cyberra on Corphish, Hawlucha, Tranquill x2 and Skorupi, Nacreous on Remoraid, RedJirachi on Zekrom, Azulart on Dratini, oarfish on the cluster of fish, ChaoticInverse on Charmander, Alexander18 on Horsea, Machop, Pikachu, Numel, Feebas and Tentacool, Tina on Liepard and Tranquill, taufik386 once again on the hoard of shinies, Razorbadger on reshiram and Hoothoot, PegasusxSeiya on Spinda, i2i on Oddish, Phillies on Pyroar and Fraxure, kirkeastment on Heracross, Vulpix, Heatran, Skarmory x2 and Wurmple, TheMaster327 on Hoppip, Lunafloon on Happiny, Meowth City on Budew, AquaRegisteel on Camerupt, Twilit Dragoon on Clefairy, HM02gon on Spheal, XxPokemonPrincessxX on Geodude, Crimson Penguin on Treecko, gamer_legend on Poliwhirl, Growlie19 on Goldeen, maldoror on Lileep, wobbanut on Yanma, AmazingChi on Amaura, nickM on Skiddo, and to anyone else I've missed!

Sorry to hear about that Moltres, ShinyGoogleplex!

Thank you Lunafloon, CpChris, umbreonfan3636, Razorbadger, Twilit Dragoon and Crimson Penguin!

Whilst deciding on my next BQ shiny to hunt, I started hatching Magikarp in Platinum which currently sits at 165 eggs. It's a side hunt - I can just go and do it when I don't feel like training Smeargle or (now) SR'ing Honey Trees.

But on that note-

Decided to SR Honey Trees for my next BQ target, by smothering a couple of trees each day and hoping at least one produces not-Wurmple or not-Silcoon. Ended up getting a few Combee trees and one Aipom tree, but my hunt was cut short after 728 SRs last night because:
    [img139]http://i.imgur.com/KCbSZ7w.jpg[/img139]
    [img139]http://i.imgur.com/oaj18Wc.jpg[/img139]
    Shiny Combee! Male, but I honestly wasn't expecting something so quick. Had my sound down since it was late, and I ended up watching this particular encounter scroll all the way away across the screen to the tune of 'Ohhhhhhhhh what?' Since I've been neglecting shiny hunting this last few days for a certain SIM game that goes by the name Flight Rising... but staying up a bit later than usual paid off!

I'd really love a Cherubi or a Burmy, hence why I'm carrying this hunt on in Platinum. Found a couple of Burmy trees, so I'll keep them topped up whilst I go find a Cherubi tree!

Good luck everybody, especially Tina with Archen, CpChris with the HBs, ChaoticInverse with Torchic, Lunafloon with Sandile, skilax1234 with Latios and RaichuArcanine with Chimchar!