• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
..........the voting unfortunately is still open, there's still an equal amount of vote lol.

Just need to see one more vote, and the CH can be decided.

OMFG I just found a shiny rn! I'm calling it this thread gave me good luck! Hopefully it gives you guys all good luck too for the rest of the year! :D

(I would add a pic but cant figure out how)

Happy hunting!

I know you're making an update, but next time don't double post ;)

At least wait until someone else make a post, then you can post your update :)

Professor J

Hello fellow shiny hunters, new here.
I just wanted to see if you guys could help me name this shiny male Masquerain I just caught.. I really can't think of anything. Looking for something clever lol

Cyberra

pain in the ***
84 REs in a bug safari has yielded a shiny polar vivillon. I have one I bred out a while back, so I don't need it. Anyone want it? He's male, quiet nature and somewhat vain, with Shield Dust. Have not checked IVs yet.

Heatran is at 13,800 SRs and will likely break 14,000 tomorrow. Snover is at 670 eggs.

Edit: Holy crud! I sent the shiny vivillon I caught into wonder trade and I got a shiny heatran in return! (!!!!) It's lvl 100, caught in Hoenn at lvl 50, calm nature and capable of taking hits, and holding a Leftovers. I'm hunting this thing in Unova! I'm in total shock right now. That's the second heatran I've gotten through wt, but it is the first shiny I've ever gotten through wt!

Edit #2: Second shiny trevenant found while hunting foongus on route 20. 4,779 hordes/23,895 pokemon seen. That is one stubborn mushroom XP

Last edited:

SkyMew

I did not count the soft-resets on this save of Ruby...

I've been soft-resetting for both Shiny Kyogre and Groudon...

It happened right after I switched the game consoles. I had been soft-resetting in two games, with a GBA SP and a Nintendo DS Lite.

Just as I put my Ruby cart to my GBA SP and continued soft-resetting...

I encountered a Shiny Groudon! Completely legit!

And so, a Master Ball flew immediately.

I had been trying this hunt earlier with no luck, but this time, on the first day of soft-resetting.

This happens.

It is Calm-natured.

Can't wait to try getting a Rayquaza and Kyogre!

I so did not regret starting this game over!

IT'S ANOTHER SHINY!!

Around 3 AM, I just got myself a Shiny Kyogre in my Sapphire cart.

And it's Timid natured.

What I learned is the fact that you should never underestimate the power of multiple numbers in row in your ID number. I've never had a luck this great in neither Ruby nor Sapphire.

Only Rayquaza left!

Last edited:

umbreonfan3636

Congrats to Crimson Penguin on Shroomish and Lapras, Cyberra on Oddish, Trevenant, Quilladin, and Vivillion, Snover, Sawsbuck, ShiningKnightXY on Kyurem, RedJirachi on Wingull, gerehead on Wishmur, razorfire on Reshiram and Latias/Ho-Oh, BenYS on Zigzagoon, E>Fayth on Feebas, Clauncher, and Absol, serpent222 on Tyrunt and Cranidos, Phillies on Combee, Makuhita, Aronx2, Ferroseed, Pyroar, and Fraxure, maldoror on Anorith, Alexander18 on Carvanha, and SkyMew on Groudon!

I haven't posted in a few days, but I've mainly been focusing on my Ruby BQ which is now over the odds in Granite cave at 9,120 REs. Hopefully Aron will shine soon, but if not it's fine since Mudkip shone so quickly. I occasionally have been double hunting Chimchar in Platinum which has only increased by 100 or so SRs in the past 4-5 days.

Good luck to everyone! Especially those hunting full odds.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Well, I was at Mirage Forest, and level grinding using Audino to complete my Dex. And suddenly, the next Audino was purple! I nicknamed her Empress because purple was reserved for the Roman elite. It was gotten with the DexNav, though not through training-so, like Nosepass, it's random

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
I finally have some shiny news. After 263 eggs my shiny Croagunk hatched. He's male, like I wanted, with Dry Skin for his ability which I also wanted. Over the moon with this shiny as he also hatched with 31/31/31/X/31/31 IVs meaning he's my first perfect shiny. Going to nickname, EV and level him up to use in the Battle Maison.

Congrats to everyone on their new shinies and good luck to those hunting :)

What nature is it? Is it Adamant or Jolly or something else?

Anyway, congratulations. I wish I had a frog shiny.

EDIT: Oops. Don't usually forget to post natures. He's Adamant natured. Thanks for the congrats and for reminding me :) Good luck hunting for a frog shiny if you are.

Last edited:

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I finally have some shiny news. After 263 eggs my shiny Croagunk hatched. He's male, like I wanted, with Dry Skin for his ability which I also wanted. Over the moon with this shiny as he also hatched with 31/31/31/X/31/31 IVs meaning he's my first perfect shiny. Going to nickname, EV and level him up to use in the Battle Maison.

Congrats to everyone on their new shinies and good luck to those hunting :)
What nature is it? Is it Adamant or Jolly or something else?

Anyway, congratulations. I wish I had a frog shiny.

Cheeze IOW

Suicune still continues to elude me, I think it's the game getting even with me for giving me Ho-Oh after only 150 SRs, now over 10 times that. I'll just have to carry on and hope I get lucky soon, anyway congrats to everyone on their recent shinies and good luck.

Edit: Suicune finally shone! I was thinking it'll never happen, looked away from the screen to get a drink and I heard the sparkle! Never jumped so much in my life lol. Naive nature, not the best but I really don't care at this point just so happy I got it. CGr_J6cXIAAUSXj.jpg

Last edited:

Twilit Dragoon

*omnious thunderstorm*
Congrats to everyone on your new shinies, especially AquaRegisteel on your Magikarp reclaim. Sorry I didn't give congrats personally but I'm just too excited.

Since my last post, I finally lucked out and got a Lucky Egg from a Chansey after hundreds of Chansey! I decided one wasn't enough, so I ventured back into the Safari Zone in search of a second one because I'm stubborn.I haven't been having that much luck trying to get a second one, I've probably only caught 5 Chansey since I got that Shiny Nidoran ♀.

I was doing a few rounds in the Safari Zone trying to get Chansey, but didn't have much luck. A friend I was talking to had to leave for a bit, and I was halfway to falling asleep sitting up, so I decided to leave the chat I was on. About 15 seconds after I logged off:

[img139]http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t237/Storm_Dragoon/JpnLG/e14ece36-38c2-41bd-94ec-5bcd1d54182a_zps7vx4yim0.jpg[/img139]

THIS appeared on my DS screen :D. That's right, a shiny Paras decided to show up just when I was about to go to bed. Any sleepiness I felt evaporated instantly and was replaced with excitement(and freaking out xD). I didn't waste any time, threw a Safari Ball and hoped for the best. One shake, two shakes, three shakes, click! Shiny Paras was caught!

More pics:

GBA Shot
Shiny Paras, Sassy Nature
Stats

Once again, I got a shiny before I got my second Lucky Egg. This is also my 3rd shiny I've caught in the Safari Zone, the 2nd in this game(would have been 4th total, 3 in LG but Nidorina ran :rolleyes:).

I'm not sure if risking going into the Safari Zone again to try and get another Lucky Egg is a good idea, but I'm going to do it anyways :p. I'm just hoping if I do get another shiny that it won't be Chansey because I'm already trolled enough with them fleeing after one ball XD. See you guys next time :).

taufik386

congrats everyone on your recent shinies and good luck on your current hunting

shinies update from me, since ash from the anime will get noibat, so i breed noibat myself.
and today i just hatched shiny noibat after 264 eggs. it has timid nature and frisk ability.
IV spread is perfect, missing in ATK.

other shinies that i got since my last post using dexnav, shiny crawdaunt, sharpedo, bagon, excadrill, cacnea, whiscash,
tynamo, trapinch, claydol, snorunt, sealeo, timburr, lotad, mankey, pelipper, chinchou, sandshrew and axew.
Another shiny ditto, golbat and abra while hunting excadrill, claydol and timburr.
well, i have a quest to complete all shinies from the wild encounters in ORAS.

In XY, i got shiny foongus and stunky from horde encounters and shiny red strip basculin from fishing.

another on going hunting, SR-ing regirock. It reached 1800 SRs now.
MM breeding for castform (reached 480 eggs), karrablast (240 eggs) and nidoran (120 eggs, expecting the female)

edit. i forgot to post this. since three days ago i started to do a BQ for Soul silver, and hunting something in route 32.
and today, i got shiny hoppip, with quirky nature. i almost run away from it, cause i didn't expecting it appear so quickly.
this is my first shiny in gen 4 game LOL

Last edited:

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Another short friend safari hunt!

[img139]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Primus001/Shiny%20Pokemon/135_zpsnffnrjuo.jpg[/img139]

Shiny paras after 748 encounters! He's gentle and alert to sounds, with Effect Spore. I've already evolved him to parasect.

Next safari hunt will be ghost, after shuppet and dusclops.

Heatran is at 14,100 SRs. Snover is at 750 eggs. Route 20 is at 4,800 hordes

Shabadoo

King of Mediocrity
Oh my...So, I had this eon ticket Latias hunt going on for a while, and at my fourth sr of the night she shined!She is a relaxed nature which adds to her defense but means a lil more evs shall go into speed, not that I mind! Anyways, my Mewtwo hunt is at 300 resets or so, and with Latias under my belt I suppose should start breeding Tynamos! Have a good day everyone!

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Not too many shinies this week compared to last week, unfortunately, though I did a LOT of quad hunting this week. Just two to show for the effort, but at least I got one target. :)

First, just a week after my shiny hoothoot in SoulSilver, I found a new shiny in Viridian Forest: a Pikachu. :) Good thing I was paying attention to screen, too, it is such a small difference.

Then last night, I finally got one of my most-wanted targets, a shiny minccino in Black2. :D Even next to a regular minccino, it was so obvious. I had fun transforming my shiny ditto (which was in the second slot) into the shiny minccino just to buy time to kill the regular one and throw a pokeball. At least I didn't get a repeat trubbish.

MDS777

The name's Riley
I've slowly but surely picked up shiny hunting again. I recently encountered a shiny Trapinch in the friend safari with an Adamant nature (Not bad) with 3 31 IVs in Attack, Sp. Attack, and Sp. Defense. It's now a beautiful shiny Flygon and I transferred it to Omega Ruby.

My next shiny that I'm currently MMing for is Sableye. I've hatched 105 eggs so far.

Congrats to everyone on their shinies and good luck on your hunts. :)

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Hey everyone! How are you doing ?

It's been so long since I've actually posted on the thread... But as some of you might have noticed, I have highs and lows while shiny hunting and I felt like stopping for a while. But lately I've been trying to find what I could do on my Alpha Sapphire game because I've been missing it, and after running through my box of shinies, I kinda wanted to get a new shiny to add to my wonderful collection.

I wanted something worth it. I realized that I could try to go for a Togepi, which is my favorite Pokémon. A cute, shiny Togepi that I could keep as it is to pet in Pokémon Amie and make her participate in all kinds of Contests and win all the ribbons with her. Why not ?
And since I want it to be female (I can't really stand or take seriously the Togepi line with the male gender), this hunt is probably going to be longer and more worth it in the end. I must not remember to nickname her Korra in the end. >:[
So I'll be doing just that for a while. I'll come back with my progress later.

As for my Buneary MM hunt in Diamond, I'll just laugh at it. It's completely gone. :)

By the way, I love the Father's Day Norman/Koga community hunt theme. I think we should really go for it!

Good luck everyone! :D

umbreonfan3636

Congrats everyone who got a shiny in between my last post!

Hey everyone, I'm here with news. Granite Cave finally produced a shiny, even though it was the one that I wanted least. Shiny Abra appeared after 9,702 REs. Thank goodness that I trained up a Mean Look Crobat to trap it with. I thought if Abra shone that I would have a hard time identifying it, but it was clear to me that it was shiny (I didn't see the sparkles). This means I get to move on in my BQ, even though I'm not sure that I want to give up on Aron. We'll just have to see how I feel after Brawly. I'm a bit sad about Abra because Ruby is my only 3rd Gen game that I have (all my other ones got lost), so I have no way to evolve Kadabra until I move it up to 4th gen. It was definitely the Pokemon I wanted to shine least. Any suggestions on good hunting spots before the 3rd gym?? I still want Aron, but I don't really want a duplicate shiny.

Up close
[img139]http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e37/umby_3636/IMG_1943_zpsp9kksube.jpg[/img139]

I forgot to take a pic of its stats until after I'd Rare Candied it to 16 so it'd learn confusion, but here you go:
[img139]http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e37/umby_3636/IMG_1944_zpsn40ruuao.jpg[/img139]

Last edited:

Cyberra

pain in the ***
That didn't take long...

[img139]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Primus001/Shiny%20Pokemon/139_zpsxpm1y99z.jpg[/img139]

Shiny shuppet after only about 292 REs! I say "about" because my count got screwed up and I'm not exactly sure >.> She's gentle-natured and mischievous, with Insomnia. Think I'm gonna do some EV training in ATK and SpATK before I take her to the battle chateau and evolve her. The route 20 horde hunt can wait another night ^_^ Then I'll spend the rest of the night hatching eggs. Still want dusclops, though, so I'll be staying in this safari until I catch it.

Heatran is at 14,400 SRs. Snover is at 845 eggs. Route 20 is at 5,200 hordes (stubborn mushroom is stubborn XP)

taufik386

congrat everyones on your recent shinies

today is a good day
shiny Regirock showed up this morning after 1834 SRs

next is shiny karrablast, hatched after 251 eggs.

after regirock, i'll go for tornadus,
and MM-ing houndour and drowzee as the replacement of noibat and karrablast.

goodluck everyones

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Congrats everyone who got a shiny in between my last post!

Hey everyone, I'm here with news. Granite Cave finally produced a shiny, even though it was the one that I wanted least. Shiny Abra appeared after 9,702 REs. Thank goodness that I trained up a Mean Look Crobat to trap it with. I thought if Abra shone that I would have a hard time identifying it, but it was clear to me that it was shiny (I didn't see the sparkles). This means I get to move on in my BQ, even though I'm not sure that I want to give up on Aron. We'll just have to see how I feel after Brawly. I'm a bit sad about Abra because Ruby is my only 3rd Gen game that I have (all my other ones got lost), so I have no way to evolve Kadabra until I move it up to 4th gen. It was definitely the Pokemon I wanted to shine least. Any suggestions on good hunting spots before the 3rd gym?? I still want Aron, but I don't really want a duplicate shiny.

Up close
[img139]http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e37/umby_3636/IMG_1943_zpsp9kksube.jpg[/img139]

I forgot to take a pic of its stats until after I'd Rare Candied it to 16 so it'd learn confusion, but here you go:
[img139]http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e37/umby_3636/IMG_1944_zpsn40ruuao.jpg[/img139]

Major props. Abra on itself is pretty notorious, given it can Teleport from battle. The fact you got a shiny and caught it is commendable