• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Vale_Star

Shiny Huntress
Finally after on and off hunting it n about 2k+ eggs I believe plus Shiny Charm
I got a Shiny white Flabebe in Premier ball in my X game.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v81/Aurorellis/Mobile Uploads/20150614_161031_zpsns9dzjap.jpg

Everything is perfect, Bold n minus Speed stat.
Its my third Shiny Fairy after Cleffa n Mawile.
Next Im gonna continue hunting shiny Adaptability Skerlp.

Can anyone a suggest a classy name for my shiny Florgess later? A french name would be cool.

Congrats on other new shinies everyone.

La Belle Fleur? What colour is it?

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Glad you're all having such luck. I'm at 600 SR with Mesprit. Porygon's habitat has appeared, so I think I'll take a break with Mesprit and try to get it via DexNav. I'd like some advice on that. For starters, does the DexNav still count the chain if you save, turn off then go back on?

Blasting Toise

Crazy shiny luck today. I was breeding competitive buneary with Masuda, but not even trying shiny this time and only after 7 eggs or so shiny buneary. But it was boy, very disappointing. He was in love ball with 3 perf IVS- named him Shinyboy. If anyone wants him I can trade :D Already have shiny male buneary. Crazy is that I accidentally went in to grass after that and hoppip horde appeared with shiny hoppip in it..... seriously that was not long after that Shinyboy- I felt like shinies are haunting me today :p

Paraqua

Beginning Trainer
Congrats to all recent shinies.

Boy...my latest Masuda hunt was such a doozy. I was aiming for a shiny Flabébé but it was my second longest Masuda Hunt (After Totodile) and my longest since obtaining the Shiny Charm.

It took me 1030 eggs to finally claim my shiny Flabébé. I named her Veronica, has perfect IV's in ATK, DEF, Sp. ATK and Sp. DEF and has a Calm nature.

Good luck to all future shinies.

taufik386

just hatch shiny vulpix after 232 eggs. female modest and thanks god it got drought ability.
iv spread is perfect too, missing in atk.

other shinies since my last post, shiny xatu via dexnav, camerupt and dwebble from friend safari.

congrats everyones on your recent shinies and good luck on your current hunting

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
So after 3-4 days of hatching eggs and SR'ing for a Shiny Cyndaquil, on egg 156 of the day, BAM!!!!

Shiny FEMALE Cyndaquil!!!

I hatched 270 eggs yesterday, around 150 the day before that and like 2 boxes the day before maybe, so in total we're looking at just over 600 eggs for Shiny Cyndaquil, so just over the odds w/SC & MM.

[IMG139]http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn62/kirkeastment/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-06/EC3F83E4-FBA8-47D7-8630-706A512C9A2E_zpsgdfgdvz2.jpg[/IMG139]

I haven't decided yet whether to stop my SR hunt for a Shiny Cyndaquil on AS, i think i'll keep SR'ing for a bit at least until my next Shiny appears in Pokemon X, which is hopefully Shiny Miltank... we shall see though.

Good luck with your hunts everyone. :)

Last edited:

Shiny Lord

Zekrom is being stubborn and not shining! Hopefully I will get it soon. Have no clue how many soft resets I have done. Really want to move on to searching for Shiny Lugia in Alpha Sapphire. I have shiny charm.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
It took 128 DexNavs, but I finally did it. I got myself a shiny Porygon

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Found a fourth shiny mankey in the fighting safari >.< Unfortunately I was distracted by something else and I ran from it by mistake. Oh well, no great loss there.

Heatran is at 17,000 SRs. Snover has proven even more stubborn than yanma and is at 2,660 eggs.

TVDex

Been soft resetting for Shiny Turtwig in Platinum for about 2 weeks now on stream. Even dedicated an entire 24 hour stream to it and got absolutely nothing.

Currently I'm at 4300 and these are a minute long each so it's getting to that point where it's almost frustrating! Hopefully I get it later this morning on stream.

ChaoticInverse

<--31,000 incounting
No new shinies, uncatchable or otherwise but I've officially hit 32,000 sr's for torchic. I'm hoping it'll happen before 35,000 sr's but we'll see. Congrats on all the new shinies and good luck!

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Well, look what finally decided to hatch from its egg.

[img139]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Primus001/Shiny%20Pokemon/192_zpsmwenc44e.jpg[/img139]

Shiny snover! He took 2,792 eggs to hatch and is currently my longest Gen VI MM hunt. He's quiet and likes to thrash about, with his HA, Soundproof. I've already got him EV trained and evolved. He's an awesome mega abomasnow.

The next target I wanted to hatch was karrablast. So I went and caught one and started hatching, and 34 eggs later...

[img139]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Primus001/Shiny%20Pokemon/197_zpsctugc2kk.jpg[/img139]

She's careful and somewhat vain, with Shed Skin. Surprised the heck out of me when I looked down at my screen and saw a green karrablast staring back at me.

Current MM is karrablast's counterpart, shelmet. Hatched 30 eggs already.

Heatran is at 17,500 SRs. Shelmet is at 30 eggs. Once the rain stops on Route 19 (if it ever does...) I'll start a horde hunt for gligar.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Not too much shiny news from me this week, because my computer was broken (now it's fixed) and I was on vacation this past weekend. Mostly I went chain fishing for a shiny horsea, and just ended up with a repeat skrelp on Y and a repeat wailmer on OR. Wailmer was also my result of trying to get a birthday shiny starting at 11:55 PM, but I caught it ten minutes later, missing my birthday. T_T I couldn't get to the game any earlier because of work, unfortunately.

Also, while in the car on vacation, I did some horde spamming on Y, hoping for a shiny seviper, and got my fourth shiny wingull. Yeah, the games had fun trolling me this week. LOL

Aesnath

But Nothing Happened
So, quick update, I continued to SR on HeartGold while I was thinking about what to do next. Since I had a long trip last weekend, it didn't make sense to start something else, as SRing is pretty good for long car rides. Anyway, that carried me into this week, and, last night shiny Articuno popped up after about 2300-2500 SRs. I persuaded it into a moonball and am pleased about the whole situation.

Good luck everyone!

Shiny Lord

So soft reset for Lugia 7-8hr yesterday.(No clue how many soft resets) and I've done 300 soft resets for Lugia today so far. Hopefully it will shine soon.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I've resumed doing horde encounters on Y version these past two days, though I haven't had any luck since the dreadful Shiny Zangoose incident. I did consecutive fishing as well yesterday and no luck either despite trying it for hours. Alas, good luck to others and congrats on the new Shinies as well. :p

Shiny Lord

So after 359 Soft resets today and the 7-8 hrs I spent soft resetting Lugia yesterday a shiny one finally appeared. I used 11 Ultraballs total. Finally caught it on a critical capture when it was asleep.(Plus it was at full health)

Here are the stats

#249 Lugia [Naive]
IVs: 30, 31 / 30, 31 / 4, 5 / 6, 7 / 30, 31 / 31
Stats at Lv.50: 181|0 / 110|0 / 137|0 / 98|0 / 156|0 / 143|0

Is Naive a good nature? Thoughts on stats?

Crimson Penguin

Marchin' on
Congrats to all who have obtained shinies in the past few weeks! Sorry to have to give a blanket congrats - I've been gone for a while because of finals + family trip, but I'm back now and ready to start hunting in full force again!

So I don't remember where I left off with my updates, but right now my hunts stand as they appear in my updated signature (finally hit the character limit so had to completely redo it, but I think it looks alright this way). And if it seems like there's an extra hunt in there... well, I couldn't help myself so I started yet another BQ in White 2. XD I've been thinking about doing one for a while, but since summer is here I figured it'd be the best time to start it. Plus, it'll be nice to hunt in 5th gen again seeing as my White BQ finished about a year and a half ago. : D

Good luck to all of you on your hunts!

Ampharos_Spark

Gen 6 = <3
Congrats to StrongBad456 on Miltank & Mareep & Swirlix, taufik386 on Castform & Tranquil & Pancham & Magneton & Heracross & Combee & Sentret & NidoranF & Vulpix & Camerupt & Dwebble, Aesnath on Kyogre & Articuno, tomatohater on Vulpix, Lorde on Horsea & Skrelp & Basculin, Twilit Dragoon on Totodile & Drowzee, Cyberra on Foongus & Machoke & Mankeyx4 & Spinda & Snover & Karrablast, ShiningKnightXY on Suicune, SkyMew on Rayquaza, TheMaster327 on Honedge, Cpchris on Palkia & Drilbur & Swablu, maldoror on Uxie & Skitty & Pikachu, 121 on Espurr & Nincada & Dragonair & Kecleon, Shine on Spoink, Meowth City on Eevee, kirkeastment on Tauros & Cyndaquil, SkyTheAbsol on Cleffa, Blasting Toise on Numel & Roggenrola & Mime Jr. & Buneary & Hoppip, Wobbanut on Sandslash & Boldore & Skrelp & Wailmer & Wingull, SteelCry on Frogadier, umbreonfan3636 on Chimchar & Starly, RedJirachi on Uxie & Porygon, Crabthuluhu on Kyogre, Cutty on Flabebe, Alexander18 on Surskit, Phillies on Ho-oh & Magikarpx2 & Feebas & Goldeenx2 & Trevenant & Spoink, Foongus & Slugma & Swablu & Poliwag, Kalosian on Azumarill, Paraqua on Flabebeand Shiny Lord on Lugia.

So as always I only post when I have shiny news thus, I come bearing shiny news! So last week I decided that since I've been working hard at my job I could spoil my self. On the way to the grocery store I stopped in to Gamestop and I bought Omega Ruby. When I got home I took a few days to Rush through the game and sent over 601 Pokemon to boost the rate of Critical Captures and sent over my Alpha Sapphire False Swipers. I bought as many pokeballs as I could and took to the skies on Latios to soar to my destination. It was a cave near Mauville. I camped out and attempted to get the shiny live on camera. but no, it was not to be. After almost a week and around 1297 SRs, I came home from the animal shelter I volunteer at and started dinner. after a using up my 5 hearts inn Pokemon SHuffle I went to Omega Ruby to continue my hunt. After only 2 SRs I saw the creature wearing golden rings fall fallowed by sparkles...
[IMG139]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y152/DarkSuicune/100-IMGA0931_zpsoi9ywp6d.jpg[/IMG139]
a beautiful gold, pink and red Reshiram graced my screen! My camera doesn't pick up the pink tinted shading well nor the red eyes. The battle went well with it never using Fusion Flare (which is good since all of my False Swipers are weak to it). Breloom quickly went to work with Spore and followed up with two False Swipes. Reshiram repeatedly woke up but Breloom was quick to bring it to sleep. After only 5 or so Dusk Balls it surrendered and the Tao Trio was complete! My Kyurem will be pleased. This Reshiram is Jolly (Synch fail) with IVs of 31/2/31/31/30/0-1. More pictures: OT/ID, Summary, Full 3DS Shot, Sparkles, Pokemon-Amie and Video.

Good luck everyone especially those with stubborn targets!