• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Lunafloon

Shiny Hunter
First off, congrats to YNCRN on the shiny Rufflet, Draknic on the shiny Magikarp, gustavo 14 on shiny Rhyhorn, Cocoadragon on shiny Buneary (jealous...), The Master327 on shiny Watchog and Jonny7197 on shiny Deerling!

I'm just briefly updating again, despite still having no shiny luck! I've finally decided what I'm doing with my Badge Quests though!
Since I'm putting a lot of time and effort into SRing for shiny Snivy (is there anyway to make it go faster?! I can barely get 200 SR a day!) I was stressing out all last night about whether to SR for shiny Chimchar, since I really REALLY want one, but it'll be a struggle to SR along with Snivy. Also, I want to get Porygon (my 4th Platinum badge shiny) ASAP since it's one of my favourites! But thanks to my boyfriend, I now have a solution!

I'm not going to get Chimchar for my Badge Quest, as much as I want to, and I'm going to go straight to RE on Route 202 for Shinx or Starly (or those other 2...) for now, since I can easily do 150-200 SR on Black 2 and then squeeze in at least 200 RE a day also. A lot easier than SRing Chimchar. BUT! When my boyfriend finishes his current playthrough of Platinum and catches the Pokémon he needs for his Black 2 National Dex, he's going to let me borrow his Platinum to SR for Chimchar. I'll hopefully be done with Snivy by then, and I want to keep my Platinum file after I finish my BQ so I can practice chaining, so he's nice enough to let me borrow his game, and even use my own name as the OT :3
I could use Pearl or Diamond, but I find SRing on those games more tedious, though I don't know if it's quicker or not. I just prefer Platinum for starter SRing.

Anyways, sorry for the mini-walls of text, just relieved to finally have decided, though I still feel a little guilty when I see other people who are hunting for or already have Sinnoh Starters, since I did really want to try for one of my own! Oh pink Chimchar...
Anyways, going to start REing on Route 202 tonight and do more RE's at Village Bridge too... *sigh* Will this Shiny Charm ever work? I'm also SRing for Snivy as I type, so it's a busy evening for me!

Good luck everyone else on your shiny hunts also!

EDIT: For those that read my posts, hello! And look, I actually made a (half-way) decent shiny card! Took me forever! D:
Feedback? :3

Last edited:

master of murkrow

Shiny Hunter
well, since I saw everyone with a new shiny card I decided to make one myself too.

In other news, I have finally received the oval charm and am on my way to the shiny charm with 424 pokemon caught. A long way to go, but I only have to breed and evolve pokemon so the hardest work is done.

MAJOR congratz on all the new shiny's. there are too many too count, and Good luck on those hunting theirs.

supersmew

Let me heal your ⓗ♈ʒ
I have a feeling my Secret hunt and main hunts are gonna take a long time...

I decided I may do some REs for Castelia Sewers sometime. Nearing 60 eggs for ???. When I hit 60 I'll do 30-90 for Chingling. I'm turning colorblind thanks to this hunt XD.

Jonny7197

Shiny Hunter
Hello guys, and like I said here Is a video of my reaction, dumb as it is, of the encounter with the shiny deerling.

http://youtu.be/mad-Zn_FD5k

I guess I was tired -_-

Just to clarify it is the second deerling that is shiny.

Daisymareep

Beware the cuteness
Congrats on the shiny deerling

Still trying to hatch a shiny happiny, no luck yet and I decide to try the badge quest challenge.Who I get lucky with my hunt.

dan2point5

Many congrats guys, deerling and rufflet are the 2 that come to mind.

Just reached 5,400 encounters now on this hunt and I've just noticed I've picked up Pokerus. Nice to see that I've still got a bit of luck going on even though it wasnt a shiny. Ah well onwards and upwards!

Liltwick

Just your Sleepy FIzzy Mod
Since my SS Badge Quest is ticking me off right now, I decided to put it on hold until I get the Shiny Charm in my White 2 Version.

Hope everyone has some happy hunting!

Supremacy

Shiny Hunter
OMG guys!! I've been dieing to post but I haven't been able to get to a computer until now! First off, gratz on all the shinies lately especially Buneary, Rhydon and Rufflet!

So is everyone ready to have their minds blown? If not, get ready! On Saturday, the 19th. I had the most amazing luck ever.. After only 1321 encounters I reel in the exact shiny I wanted for my secret fishing hunt!!

Secret fishing shiny revealed!

Yess! I was so surprised this came so quickly and its my first fishing shiny! But it doesn't stop there... About an hour later shiny Shroomish hatches after 372 eggs!

Shrooms_zps32953c1e.jpg

It got poison heal as its ability which is still great but I wanted its dream world ability so I continued to hatch for shiny dream world Shroom. After Finneon I decided to magnet pull for Mawile and you're not gonna believe this but after only 312 encounters it shone!

Screenager_zps0ecd8017.jpg

3 shinies in 1 day... but the crazy thing is, it doesn't end there because after 147 EGGS A SECOND SHINY SHROOMISH HATCHES AND WITH ITS DREAM WORLD ABILITY!!

poisenheal_zps5eae40e2.jpg
<-- Poison heal Shroomish
quickfeet_zps0efed9d6.jpg
<--- Dream world Quick Feet Shroomish!!

4 SHINIES IN 1 DAY!! How is this even possible!?! This is the luckiest I've ever been since.. last January when I got 16 shinies in that 1 month! January must be my lucky month or something.. lol. Now I'm MMing for one of my favorite shinies, Miltank and I'm magnet pulling for shiny Bronzong in Abundant Shrine on white. But good luck to everyone and hopefully some of my crazy luck wears off onto you all!

Lunafloon

Shiny Hunter
First of all, congrats on FOUR SHINIES City of Delusion! That's insane! And to think I'm currently excited about 1!

Anyways, yes, after 10,525 RE at Village Bridge, over 5000 with the Shiny Charm, I finally got a shiny! And the scary part was I was just and I mean JUST about to hit run, and I was just able to stop myself because I noticed it's beak was pink. Yes, I got the shiny I want least but dayum, I don't care! Shiny female Golduck is mine!
Note to anyone ever hunting anywhere with Golducks, the difference may be clear on a computer, but not so much in game. I remember putting it to sleep and Super Fanging it and all the while thinking "I honestly don't know if it's shiny but I'm not risking it...". A quick check of my Pokédex says it is!

Anyways, picture will be edited in a bit later because I just got done catching it and forgot to get an in-battle picture but she's Modest natured, her ability is Cloud Nine and I caught her in a Heal Ball because the colours match perfectly! (Plus I had 40 and I never use them). I named her Coral, due to her pretty pink beak, and I've been hoping that if I did find a Golduck I'd get a female just so I could use that name from day one!

Coral is also my 10th shiny! Tiny tiny number compared to some collections I've seen online but at least I made it to some sort of cool milestone!

Anyways, that's all of my good news, guess now I'll set White 2 aside for a while and focus on Snivy and Route 202. Good luck to everyone else!

Last edited:

ForeverFlame

Decided to dig out FireRed again for nostalgia purposes (It's amazing how I feel nostalgic over a nostalgic remake), and I naturally found a shiny Pidgey. For the past 9 years I have never found a random wild Shiny, and I just so happened to find a shiny Pidgey now.

Cpchris

Shiny Hunter
Congrats on the shinies - especially City - WOW. Wow wow wow.

I had work today, so I didn't get as many SRs done as I wanted. 200 though, bringing me to a grand total of...400! As for tomorrow...I'm hanging out with a friend, so it's another mystery. Hopefully Wednesday can be a good day to SR.

I hope this doesn't go past the odds.

Jelicent

The Litwick hunt is at 115 eggs. No shiny yet but I'm not expecting one.

My next hunt will be one of the following Postgame Badge Quest places -

Badge 1. Flocessy Ranch
Badge 2. Virbank Complex
Badge 3. Castelia Park
Badge 4. Lostlorn Forest
Badge 5. ???
Badge 6. Route 7
Badge 7. Village Bridge
Badge 8. Giant Chasm

Any votes?

Tenilius

In my 15+ year Pokemon playing career, spanning back to Red/Blue in the '90s and the introduction of shinies in G/S, luck hasn't been on my side. I had seen 1 shiny in the wild (not counting events or freebie ones like Red Gyarados), a Graveler in Diamond which of course decided to Self Destruct itself at its first opportunity.

Today, training my Black 2 team for the E4 in Victory Road the Pokemon Gods granted me a second chance at a shiny in 15 years, but this time I wasn't going to let it get away from me.

http://i.imgur.com/spJzjpo.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/JyXv8SD.jpg

And I didn't, with 2 quick Signal Beams, a Lv47 Relaxed Green coloured Female Tranquill was caught in an Ultra Ball.

It might not be the best Pokemon or have the best IVs (2/26/15/26/4/5) but for the first time ever I'm able to say I caught a real shiny. This might not seem like a big event to others in this thread, but to me it'll have a place in my heart forever.

Last edited:

HootingLilligant

<-MM Hunt (483, X)
@Mime Senior: That's wonderful! I remember my first Shiny - a Poochyena in Emerald. Now a Mightyena, it will forever hold a special place in my heart as the first Shiny I ever caught. It inspired me to hunt for more Shinies, and now I have 24 and am going for a 25th. Mightyena may not be that good in the Battle Subway, but its sentimental value is unsurpassed.

Everyone including Mime Senior: My Shiny card is up in my signature! Please take a look!

EDIT: Major congrats to City of Delusion for the amazing Shiny run! Good luck to everyone as usual!

Last edited:

supersmew

Let me heal your ⓗ♈ʒ
I keep on turning the power off without saving on my hunt. *sigh*

Planning on maybe REing Castelia Sewers sometime...

It took me a hour to hatch 20 eggs, and then my game suddently froze.

I know that feel...

Last edited:

Dylz

Trainer since 1997
I'm really annoyed with the Lapras Hunt. It took me a hour to hatch 20 eggs, and then my game suddently froze. So now I have to start again with hatchign 100 eggs of Lapras. And at the first 15 eggs all of the darn lapras were female. >.> FML.

BenYS

Shiny Hunting!
450 Horsea eggs down, nothing shining yet. I guess I should expect it really after last time, but as long as it doesn't go over the odds I'll be alright.

Congrats to all recent shinies, especially City of Delusion; I'm pretty sure everyone wishes that would happen to them! =P

dan2point5

@CityOfDelusion - Whoa! 4 shinies in one day has got to be some sort of a record! That is amazing luck right there! Once I got 3 in 4 days but nothing near as great as that. Kudos.

@MimeSenior - massive congrats on getting your shiny Tranquil. There's nothing like getting a completely unexpected shiny!

I've done 350 RE's so far today and I'm about to crack on with some more. Got my fingers crossed something appears today!
Best of luck everyone!