• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

!jirachi!

3/4 dead...
No shiny yet, and nope, just regular old wifi, which is why I'm happy. Got rid of my global link on W2 like a week ago xD

great! because I kinda forget my global link password... XD
also congratulations to daisymareep for his first SR shiny.

VictorC

EmiiLava

Joltik Queen <3
Congratiez on the recent shinies especially CoD on the 4 shinies(WOW!), and DaisyMareep on the shiny Twig~! I remember my first SR shiny...Bud the shiny Venusaur(Bulbasaur on LG/FR at the time)..good times. I still have him :) Anywayz, GL to everyone on their hunts. Back to my over 3,000+ RE at Reversal mountain + Shiny Charm for shiny Skorupi in the double battle grass. *sighs* I can tell this will be a very long hunt. Gl again everyone~! Let's make some sparkles and shiny drought breakers(for me and other peeps)!!!~!

yoshi007

Ice Type Trainer
Congrats to Daisymareep on the shiny Turtwig, VictorC on the shiny Vulpix, Crimson_Blazer on the shiny Koffing, and everyone else getting shinies!

Also really hope you find your game Charizardmaster#1! :(

Over 20,000?! How is that even possible?! :O I salute thee!

I filled a whole box with hatched Zoruas (MM) and I'm starting to get bored xD

I've filled around 14 boxes with Ruffets at the moment, no shiny yet. Kind of frustrating 'cause I can't give up now but I really want to do something else like train up new Pokémon. *sigh* Hopefully one will shine soon.

TomoEGoto

Mr. Robot-O
There's a chance I won't have school tomorrow because of how the weather has been lately, however I doubt it because where I am, the weather is bipolar XD.
Hopefully if it doesn't happen tomorrow I can have an extra day of hatching eggs, my regards to the missing games, I have two JP games, obliviously my White and Tomodachi Collection (Kinda rare now since it's JP and whatnot) I'd be peeved if I lost any of them considering the price I had to pay for them. Hope you find them!

Draknir

Fear the Deer
All right, got the 4th Shiny on my LG BQ. My original target was Eevee, but I decided against it shortly after starting because I can MM it. After trying to figure out whether to go for Abra, Dratini, or Porygon, I really started my hunt the other day. Because it is the cheapest, I went with Abra. First I got enough coins for 36 at a time and did that 15 times before increasing to 60 (I actually figured out I could do a Max of 83). After 37 SRs and 2803 Abras seen, a Shiny male one appeared. It has Synchronize, which I wanted, and is Gentle. No pics this time since I am currently at school. Haven't decided where to hunt next, though.

master of murkrow

Shiny Hunter
Well this sucks..... I lost my Jap. Black 2 and Eng. White 2 :/. At least for now they're lost. Hopefully I'll find them but my Black 2 had both my Shiny Magnetons on it and my Shiny Azurill. I will be extremely pissed if I don't find them at some point, especially B2 since it cost me $60 and has three shinies on it. Well wish me luck finding those...

so your'e actually hunting your'e own sjinies right now IRL xD sorry to hear that but it will turn up eventually.

Im really considering to put a pause on my Shiny charm quest and do some SRs for Cobalion...... What do you guys think I should do?

TheEliteEmpoleon

Not that rare, but still a shiny...

Well after news of the Keldeo event I decided to put the BQ on a little hiatus. I got my naive Genesect from October 8, apparently, and I SRed the shiny Haxorus for Adamant and Mold Breaker, which I just caught. I'm going to call it either BloodBlade or Blaxorus (Black + Haxorus). Now I will SR the Keldeo for a timid nature and resume my mess of a badge quest.

EDIT: Got my Timid Keldeo. Now back to Tepig.

Last edited:

Dangertrout

huzzah! another male shiny charmander for my collection! (will be a present for one of my friends ^_^)
Took 545 eggs since my shiny smoochum.
He's Timid with max Def, SpD and Speed IVs. Not great, but still an awesome shiny =)
Maybe I'll keep going and see if I can nab myself a female too :p

Chapter

hello, im back sorta
Nice! Traded and got a female foreign Drifblim; Woot! MMing for that, but only up to about 150 eggs. Nearing Oval Charm. That'll help.

TheMaster327

2,300 REs at Reversal Mountain now... Unfortunately no three shinies in one week for me, have to settle for two... After my badge quest is over, I shall start the Legendary Quest. This will entail SR'ing all the legendaries that Black 2 has to offer (excluding Zekrom)...

TheEliteEmpoleon

Guys I have a question. If I do the Keldeo event on W2, can I still SR for Tepig and pick it up later after I get my shiny? Just want to make sure...

ShiningKnightXY

<----Newest Shiny
2,300 REs at Reversal Mountain now... Unfortunately no three shinies in one week for me, have to settle for two... After my badge quest is over, I shall start the Legendary Quest. This will entail SR'ing all the legendaries that Black 2 has to offer (excluding Zekrom)...

At least you have better luck than me.

yoshi007

Ice Type Trainer
Just reached 500 eggs hatched for my shiny Rufflet MM hunt. Got 133 hours on my Black 2 now too. Hope one of these Rufflet shines soon... :/

Bluemiracle

Biologist
So... after putting my CH on a break I decided to hunt Charmander. Finally ONLY 2048 eggs after, this beauty comes out from it:

http://i49.*******.com/2dceii9.jpg

http://i49.*******.com/2samlvt.jpg

Timid nature, 31 in Speed and Defense, 28 in Sp Attack

sorry for the bad quality of the pictures. This is my first shiny from 2013 :) I'm very happy.

Last edited:

Shiny Lord

Yes! Shiny Lotad hatched after 1,099 eggs with shiny charm. Ironically this is my longest mm successful hunt ever and all of my successful mm shinies were hatched on White version without the shiny charm. It is female and it's ability is Rain Dish and it likes to relax. It also has Timid nature which is a really good nature for Lotad according to Smogon.

Photo 152.jpg#270 Lotad [Timid]
IVs: 29 / 0 - 29 / 0 - 29 / 20 - 29 / 0 - 29 / 0 - 29
Stats at Lv.1: 12|0 / 4|0 / 5|0 / 6|0 / 6|0 / 5|0