1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Discussion in 'General Pokémon Discussion' started by Dangertrout, Nov 13, 2012.

1. serpent222

serpent222 Well-Known Member

Congrats on all the latest shinies.

No pretty pictures this time because I'm lazy. But I just had a really lucky run I figured I'd share. Decided to do some horde hunting in the safari zone and after about 20 encounters, got myself a shiny Doduo. Left there and went on an unfruitful attempt for magnemite and stopped after about 30. Then I move to route 119 for oddish, and I find a shiny in my first horde encounter.

So in just about 50 hordes and about 35 minutes, I left with two shinies. Not too shabby. After taking inventory of all of my shiny pokemon, it puts my total, distinct shiny count up to 161.

2. Razorbadger

Razorbadger Well-Known Member

Congrats to TheMaster327 on Vulpix, PrismaticPrincessAnna on Latias, Oshawott and Chespin, Thibideau on Tangela, Cpchris on Chikorita, Blastonite on Ekans, Ambri on Mudkip, ChiefLucarioOfficer on Ekans, pkmnbrawler123 on Gloom, tonyg44x on both Weedle, Cyberra on Ekans, ShiningKnightXY on Uxie, Laurelai on Regirock and everyone else on your shinies.

Thanks to Thibideau, Cpchris, NitroLightningFlash and FairyWitch for the congrats.

October marks one year since I started hunting for full odds shinies and my games seem to be aware of that and are celebrating by throwing shinies at me left, right and centre, the latest a second shiny Growlithe which appeared last night after just 1455 REs.

[IMG139]http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e350/razorbadger/20151006_233757_zpspwqzmumr.jpg[/IMG139]
    [IMG139]http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e350/razorbadger/20151006_233802_zpsjhrwpyxa.jpg[/IMG139]

So that makes for three shinies in the first six days of the month, although this one being a duplicate makes it kind of bittersweet. I am not too upset with a second Growlithe though as it means I can evolve one and have the evolutionary line complete, which will be the first time I have done so. This guy, much like the first Growlithe has an attack boosting nature, this time lonely although this one has Intimidate whilst the first had Flash Fire. As a result I think this will make the better Arcanine but the first one would be the better to hunt with.

So onto phase 4 for Shinx now and what will remain BQ stage 13 as I'm not counting duplicates. I've decided to stay at Route 48 as it offers one of my best chances at finding Shinx but will hunt during the day instead to avoid any more Growlithe. First though back to my White 2 where I'll be hunting Trapinch outside of Reversal Mountain.

Good luck hunting everyone :)

3. AquaRegisteel

AquaRegisteel Face Oblivion

Right, it's been an awfully long time since I last posted or anything. First off, congratulations to the ubiquitous shinies that people have been getting! It's always good to see new ones.

I've had a lot of issues with stress and other things over the last month or so, and of course it has had the unfortunate effect of putting me off from hunting - I just lack the time to hunt much nowadays, even for the supposedly quicker methods!

But yes, I'm hoping to start wrestling with my time management stuff and squeeze in some REs here and there (and SRs, in the case of Moltres...still not got it!). My first idea for a returning hunt is probably going to involve Mienfoo, or I might get started on a halloween-esque hunt. If I go for the latter, I'm hoping to find a target that isn't cliche - read: avoid ghosts and pumpkins, in Pumpkaboo's case. I think I'll have to build up the counts slowly, so maybe 100 or 150 REs a day until the shiny appears. It does mean I'll be relying on my luck for quick shinies, but I've always had plenty of luck :p I'll probably scratch most of my old hunts off, except for Moltres. That's a shiny I've wanted a fair bit, so why not?

So...yeah, that'll be it. Best of luck on the hunts!

4. Yoitsdaffy

Yoitsdaffy Shiny Collector~

Didnt expect to post again so early with shiny news, but here we go! Managed to dex nav a shiny larvesta not only was it a relatively quick hunt, It ended up with timid nature and 31 ivs in sp att and sp def! The other ivs are between 15-27 for the other stats. Definite keeper lol.

[IMG200h]http://i.imgur.com/mJTtcpc.jpg[/IMG200h]

Congrats to those who found shinies since i last posted. Keep it up guys! It motivates me for future hunts. Next hunt will be a charmander with Dragon dance :)

Last edited: Oct 7, 2015
  5. SnazzySwampert

SnazzySwampert Well-Known Member

BQ time! I have decided to start a badge quest on Pokemon Heart Gold! I'm gonna go for a Cyndaquil as my shiny for gym 1! Wish me luck!

6. TheShinyLunatone

TheShinyLunatone VAMPIRE LORDS!

Congrats on the recent shinies friends! i wish icould do a full congrats but its pretty late...

stuckon thi stupid badge quest! 420 dex nav enounters for surskit and nothing

my starter is lvl 30 and my shiny mightyena is lvl 26 now.

i still only have one gym badge.

someone please tell me why. why i thought this was a good idea?

ugh. so does dex naving even lower the odds? cuz horde hunting in granite cave for zubat is starting to sound pretty good....

omg i forgot!!

good luck everyone !!

Last edited: Oct 8, 2015
  7. FairyWitch

FairyWitch Metroid Hunter

I am seriously unlucky with this absol XD still hatching eggs and around 1,100 eggs hatched no shiny has shown yet with absol :/ I will not give up though!

Congrats on Cyberra on ekans(you taunt me with your good luck XD),PrasmaticPrincessAnna on oshawott and chespin,Laurelai on Regirock,serpent222 on doduo and oddish(my next mm hunt),RazorBadger on second growlithe(you welcome once again ;)),yotisdaffy on larvesta...

@TheShinyLunatone: they never figured out the odds of that yet sadly as chain fishing so not sure :/

good luck to everyone that is still hunting!

EDIT:

FINALLY! She finally shown after 1,152 eggs she shines! So happy will have a video sadly she the wrong ability >.< I will mm another one later which I wanted justified which her ivs are so so she is 5iv minus attack which attack is kinda needed for a jolly nature >.< but I will be moving on to oddish for now...

Community Hunt Complete!

8. Cyberra

Cyberra pain in the ***

*groans* Shiny sigilyph #3 has just shone at 2,621 REs. Another female, mild, likes to thrash about, with Magic Guard. Dumping her straight into wonder trade.

I'd switch safaris and try to avoid more sigilyphs, but I only have one grumpig safari XP

Regigigas is at 18,700 SRs. Secret MM target is at 320 eggs

9. Psychic

Psychic Really and truly

So I've been getting back into breeding for rare Pokeballs, and was getting back into MM breeding some Seedot in Level Balls for good IVs. Well the second Seedot was shiny! She's female, lonely, has Chlorophyll and perfect IVs in everything but attack (dang) in a Level Ball. (Of course, the next Seedot that hatched was female with all perfect IVs, but considering this wasn't an intentional hunt, I'm still pretty stoked.) I had to do a double-take when she hatched because I was preeeeeeetty sure those were the shiny colours, haha!

I also forgot to say that I finally caught my second shiny Espurr on September 14! He's a bashful male with Keen Eye! Now I just need a female Espurr and I'll have a full shiny Meowstic family!

~Psychic

10. Thibideau

Thibideau Beautiful Midnight

Phillies on all your shiny luck, ChiefLucarioOfficer on Ekans, pkmnbrawler123 on Gloom, Typhlosion_Hunter_Mark on all your shiny luck, tonyg44x on your Weedle's, Cyberra on your Ekans and grats condolences on your Sigilyph's :p, PrismaticPrincessAnna on Oshawott and Chespin, ShiningKnightXY on the Lake trio, Laurelai on Regirock, serpent222 on Oddish and Doduo, Razorbadger on Growlithe, Yoitsdaffy on Larvesta, Psychic on Seedot and Espurr, and to anyone I may have missed(It's pretty late here).

Still hatching eggs in search of my blue Houndour. Right now I've hatched 1,380 eggs and just find my self hoping I don't have to go over 2k. But it is what it is, sort of committed to finding one now so I'll just have to keep going.

Good luck to everyone on their hunts!

11. TheShinyLunatone

TheShinyLunatone VAMPIRE LORDS!

surrskit finally shone!!!
    only to die from a crit :'( it was lvl 14 so witched to a lvl 16 poochy who promptly killed it with a criticsl bite :'(

was the 503rd encounter :'(

why.... :(

12. Typhlosion_Hunter_Mark

Typhlosion_Hunter_Mark Galaxy Trainer

Congrats on all recent shinies!

Yesterday I got my shiny fossil. After a total of 1246 fossils seen a shiny Shieldon popped up on my screen! I will probably return to soft resetting for fossils in a couple of days to see if I can get some more shiny fossil pokemon! In the mean time I'm doing some hunting in an ice friend safari for Lapras and Beartic and I picked up my HeartGold badge quest #5 hunt for Tentacool, which I had left untouched for a couple of months.

Good luck to everyone!

Edit: Just got shiny Beartic from the friend safari. Good thing I heard the sparkles, otherwise I might have missed it because it's so similar to its normal form.

13. E.Fayth

E.Fayth <Got It

I just got a new shiny on Alpha Sapphire, a beautiful blue flamed Ponyta that I caught in a dive ball. It has flame body as its ability and has a serious nature.

Edit: Just found a shiny Machop that I caught in a repeat ball. It is mild natured and has guts as its ability

14. serpent222

serpent222 Well-Known Member

Looks like my shiny luck held up. After 147 eggs, I hatched myself a shiny Cryogonal.

[img139]http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m609/serpent222/1008150312a_zps6ebfla2h.jpg[/img139]

15. Draknir

Draknir Fear the Deer

Blanket congrats since it's been a few days.

Johto Trio Complete! After a total of 1881, almost four times as many SRs as both Raikou and Entei combined, I finally have a Shiny Suicune. I guess it's because I was spoiled by how fast Entei came, and then shocked by how fast Raikou came, that I was getting disheartened. I was listening to the Smile Song from MLP: FiM while it happened, so it happened to, well, put a smile on my face. Caught it fairly easily too. Going to decide on what I want to do next, but I'm thinking of hunting some Halloween-themed Shinies.

EDIT: Oh you've got to be kidding me. I decided to get an Octillery with Suction Cups so I don't have to take something from my living dex. Caught several that don't have it, so I joked I'm probably going to find a Shiny before I get one. Currently trying to catch the Shiny Quagsire that appeared before I got a Suction Cups Octillery.

EDIT2: Yeah! Finally got a Shiny from Chain fishing. I've admittedly never gotten the hang of it. Probably still can't do it well, but still. Got a Shiny Seaking on a chain of 31.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2015
  16. Louise955

Louise955 Member

FINALLY got my shiny Treecko after 4470 SRs, not too bad but still. It's my new favourite shiny. It looks amazing xD

17. Lorde

Lorde Banned

So these past few days I've hatched at least 70 Larvitar eggs for my MM hunt: I've hatched around 900 total so far. I did consecutive fishing on Alpha Sapphire as well, plus horde encounters on Y version too. Congrats to Razorbadger on the new Shiny and good luck to Cpchris and others. :p

18. TheMaster327

TheMaster327 Well-Known Member

344 eggs, and I get a pink scalchop!

[img139]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CQ1AfDTWwAAtodN.jpg[/img139][img139]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CQ1AfDvWUAA__Eg.jpg[/img139]

It's also FEMALE! Sadly, it didn't get Shell Armor, but that's fine. It's Jolly from Everstone, with an IV spread of 31/31/xx/31/31/31. Not too shabby there! I got 5 boxes of Oshawott left to hatch, so maybe a second one is lurking?

19. this is probably the first shiny cryogonal I have ever seen... or maybe even the first cyogonal period
    it doesnt even look like a first evo pokemon i was confused for a sec when i saw that you hatched that i thought it was an evolved pokemon

anyways I've bred the Ivs and movesets for my pokemon and have begun hatching eggs for the shiny pokemon now, starting with zorua for the community hunt
    no luck yet but will post as soon as i get something

20. wobbanut

wobbanut Team Awesome

I had a slow week, but an eventful one. I finally got my first 6th gen pokeradar shiny, and just the third pokeradar shiny ever after meditite and shinx. It's a caterpie on Y, but it was worth it because it took many MANY chains, and the last one was a chain of 2 (shiny charm helped, obviously).

Right now I'm doing an HGSS/XY quad hunt, so maybe I'll get something more tonight.

EDIT: I managed to get a shiny drifloon on X, so since it's a ghost type, Community hunt complete!

Last edited: Oct 9, 2015